Ivaskevicius - is he any good?

The People's Chimp

Drylaw Hearts

I like him.

We should build our team around him.

How no team has come forward with a large bid is beyond me.

doctor jambo

Like many before him he has the talent and the ability, but just cannot convert it onto the pitch for the first team

And probably never will

An also ran, therefore

A good "trainer"

Sexton Hardcastle

whats with all the individual threads about players? surley someone can muster one up again and just slate the whole team? It usually happens quite easily

Like many before him he has the talent and the ability, but just cannot convert it onto the pitch for the first team

And probably never will

An also ran, therefore

A good "trainer"

That's my opinion too, he clearly has footballing ability but his application is shocking.

Guest JamboRobbo

He's clearly a quality player. We should get more like him, and we could walk the second division.

Yes, No.28 is a good player

....... once in every 20 games

wheatfield to sheffield

Worryingly, I genuinely like him.

Ok, I am astonished by how anonymous he can be - and then suddenly pop up with a goal which is normally in the 05-06 style of a striker holds it up and he comes bursting through in a (whisper) Hartley or Skacel (end whisper) style.

He did it against Celtic away a year ago, and against Rangers in the 4-2 last season.

I'd keep him.

Ok, I am astonished by how anonymous he can be - and then suddenly pop up with a goal which is normally in the 05-06 style of a striker holds it up and he comes bursting through in a (whisper) Hartley or Skacel (end whisper) style.

He did it against Celtic away a year ago, and against Rangers in the 4-2 last season.

I'd keep him.

Twice in two seasons

Feck me Graham Weir scored twice in 2 minutes and look where he is now.

Er, where is he now anyway?

The fact the question needs to asked after the length of time here answers the question

He can disappear back to Kaunas with Audrey and possibly Zaliukas & Cesnauskis as far as i'm concerned.

Too many players in our big squad that turn it on if and when they like.

We need more Banks', Berra's, Neilson's, Ruben's, Eggert's, Glen's, Miko's, or in other words guys who've realised that they need to give 100% whether it's against Rangers or Gretna

Ok, I am astonished by how anonymous he can be

I'd keep him.

Ok, now I get it. Anonymity is good. I had that one completely back to front.

I cringe when he is in the squad, pure lack of effort, he hides and I hate his outside of the boot flicks.

Send him to the mines.

joe.gausden

Is he good at what exactly? Surely your not talking Football. He seems pretty good at looking an @r5ehole on the pitch.

Malcolm Tucker

There is a player there. Somewhere. Just like Ksanavicius, they are both 'good' players when they want to be.

However they are nowhere near consistent enough so, IMO, should be booted.

Like most of the other Kanuas p**h that has come and gone , or unfortuantely stuck around, he is clearly out of his depth in the SPL.

Guest JamboRobbo
There is a player there. Somewhere. Just like Ksanavicius, they are both 'good' players when they want to be.

I don't think it's when they want to be - if it was it wouldn't be such a problem. I think they are both better players when the opposition gives them loads of time and space to play - something that very rarely happens in the SPL.

Malcolm Tucker
I don't think it's when they want to be - if it was it wouldn't be such a problem. I think they are both better players when the opposition gives them loads of time and space to play - something that very rarely happens in the SPL.

It could be seen as that as well yes, but I find it strange that Iva's best two performances were Rangers (4-2) and Celtic away (3-1?) in the 06-07 season. He even scored a good wee goal. And Ksanavicius' best appearences were also Rangers (4-2) and Celtic in the LC this season when Velicka scored his two rockets.

These two guys DO have ability, but I honestly think they raise their game against 'superior' opposition.

He is near, if not top of the league as one of the worst EVER Hearts players.

I have never witnessed as many bad players in one squad of football players as I have in the past 2 seasons,and that is at any level.

I have played sunday amature football for a few clubs,and even in those leagues you never found so many non triers in one team as we have,it's quite embarrassing you know.

Malcolm Tucker

I have never witnessed as many bad players in one squad of football players as I have in the past 2 seasons,and that is at any level.

I have played sunday amature football for a few clubs,and even in those leagues you never found so many non triers in one team as we have,it's quite embarrassing you know.

I would put a lot of players above him as the worst ever, and I've only been watching Hearts for 12 years!

As I say though, I would get rid.

Guest JamboRobbo
It could be seen as that as well yes, but I find it strange that Iva's best two performances were Rangers (4-2) and Celtic away (3-1?) in the 06-07 season. He even scored a good wee goal. And Ksanavicius' best appearences were also Rangers (4-2) and Celtic in the LC this season when Velicka scored his two rockets.

These two guys DO have ability, but I honestly think they raise their game against 'superior' opposition.

We'll just have to agree to differ mate. I think they can do something if the oppo doesn't turn up or gives up cause HMFC are winning, but when the chips are down and the other team is fighting for it too, they lack the character and produce nothing.

I don't disagree with what you're saying rudi but we have to make the difference here between footballing ability and comitment/trying a leg.

Clearly the lad would run circles round most sunday league players but would he be trying as hard as them. I doubt it.

I don't disagree with what you're saying rudi but we have to make the difference here between footballing ability and comitment/trying a leg.

Clearly the lad would run circles round most sunday league players but would he be trying as hard as them. I doubt it.

IMO he wouldn't, ability is no good without application,and also IMO he lack's both.

The last game I sat through and watched him it was quite obvious he didn't have a clue what to do when he had the ball,unless there was someone within 5 yards to pass the ball to he just lumped it up or out the park.

Apart from scoring a goal against Rangers(which if you look at it AM should have saved) and getting that penalty(once again if you look at it, the ball was almost out of play ,because of total lack off controle,when AH fouled him)he has done nothing to suggest he can infact play football as a team player.

Chip Douglas

He's reasonably talented; but nowhere near talented enough to compensate for a complete lack of application at times.

Must do better.

Ibrahim Tall

Potentially half decent, his performances against Rangers and Celtic proved that, just seems to lack any determination to do it reguarlly or a work rate. Don't think even a proper manager could give him that tbh.

ToadKiller Dog

Ivas like all or most of the lithuainians we have had does have a talent there but what is missing is the application ,so to me that means something missing in there training at youth level development.

the club like it or not is linked now to lithuania and if we want to get there best talent get it at youth level 16/17 and let them develop in the youth team and take it from there .

Also paying them a pittance compaired with other 1st team players cant help either.

Think it's quite an usual trait for lithuanian players. The national team is a prime example - we struggle with teams like Latvia or Bosnia but always give the big teams i.e. Italy, France, Spain etc. a very hard time. If we played against the averge teams like we play against the big ones we would have quite impresive results I'm quite sure.

One for the future?

Ivaskevicius? A prime example of why i didn't re-new my season ticket! , along with Cesnauskis(good when he can be arsed, that goes for Miko too although at least he's improved ....slightly), Pilibaitis, Elliot, Wallace, Ksanavicius, Mole, Nade etc...etc, we seriously need to get shot of a rake of players. I think we need to bring in at least 6 or 7 players of good quality and build them round the likes of Kingston, Palazuelos, Driver, Pinilla(if he gets himself sorted out) and young Glen. Karipidis is decent enough and Jonsson, the rest have to prove themselves worthy of a Hearts top.

Clearly the lad would run circles round most sunday league players

You sure? I saw him play against Linlithgow Rose and he was totally rank. (Not suggesting that the Rose are Sunday league standard though:))

jambos are go!

Had no time for him until he came on as a sub against Killie. Was in the Wheatfield for a change and saw a bit of him close up. He is strong and skillful and it was obvious that the Killie defenders realised that. Might have done better still if most of the fans had not taunted him as soon as he came on.

You sure? I saw him play against Linlithgow Rose and he was totally rank. (Not suggesting that the Rose are Sunday league standard though:))

The majority of professional footballers are there on merit and few actually became so by accident. Similarly the majority of junior/senior players are playing at that level because they are not good enough to play in the Scottish league.

Like I say, Ivaskevisius attitude is generally abysmal but he definately has the footballing skill.

Guest jambomickey

we need a clear out from top to bottom, starting with romanov senior and junior:107years::107years:

Paisley Jambo

He is absolute mince, one of the worst players I have seen in a Hearts jersey for some time. If we were not in the hands of Lithuanians he wouldn't get near the place.:mad:

Guest jambomickey

we need a clear out from top to bottom starting with romanov senior and junior :107years::107years:

Waste of a squad number.shows no interest when he comes on. Cant say how much I dislike him but if he needs a lift back home I would drive him or even pedal him back on a bike which would kill me in my present state.

In one match early last season, Ivaskevicius did an extraordinary thing (just one).

He received a long arial pass from Kingston, which flew high over his left shoulder. He then plucked the ball out of the air - at waist height, on his right instep - and brought it instantly under control. It was the the mark of an extraordinarily gifted technical player.

That left him in a very good position, in the corner on the right wing, which he completely wasted. That's the mark of someone who either cannot apply his skills in a competive match or is hopelessly out of position.

He is not a winger. He has scored a couple of good goals for us playing in a central, deep-lying, attacking position. If he has a future, it must be in that role - doubt it, though.

In one match early last season, Ivaskevicius did an extraordinary thing (just one).

He received a long arial pass from Kingston, which flew high over his left shoulder. He then plucked the ball out of the air - at waist height, on his right instep - and brought it instantly under control. It was the the mark of an extraordinarily gifted technical player.

That left him in a very good position, in the corner on the right wing, which he completely wasted. That's the mark of someone who either cannot apply his skills in a competive match or is hopelessly out of position.

He is not a winger. He has scored a couple of good goals for us playing in a central, deep-lying, attacking position. If he has a future, it must be in that role - doubt it, though.

IRC he was an ACM at Kaunas. Like people say there is a player there. Either he will realise his potential or end up back in A Lyga or some average easter european club. In any case I wish him luck.

Archived