Ivaskevicius - is he any good?

The People's Chimp

rudi must stay
In one match early last season, Ivaskevicius did an extraordinary thing (just one).

He received a long arial pass from Kingston, which flew high over his left shoulder. He then plucked the ball out of the air - at waist height, on his right instep - and brought it instantly under control. It was the the mark of an extraordinarily gifted technical player.

That left him in a very good position, in the corner on the right wing, which he completely wasted. That's the mark of someone who either cannot apply his skills in a competive match or is hopelessly out of position.

He is not a winger. He has scored a couple of good goals for us playing in a central, deep-lying, attacking position. If he has a future, it must be in that role - doubt it, though.

yup he has flashes on brilliance. He pretty much won us the game against Rangers: got us a penalty and scored a goal.

IMO he deserves another season. He is still young and probably still settling in Scotland.

yup he has flashes on brilliance. He pretty much won us the game against Rangers: got us a penalty and scored a goal.

IMO he deserves another season. He is still young and probably still settling in Scotland.

Oh FFS I've seen it all now,2 day's back I thought I had seen the worst ever statement from someone on JKB, but my god son you have blew that right out of the water.

And as for "he pretty much won the game for us" pish utter pish,it was WS's arrogance that won us the game,Rangers didn't have a mid-field untill BF came on.

rudi must stay
Oh FFS I've seen it all now,2 day's back I thought I had seen the worst ever statement from someone on JKB, but my god son you have blew that right out of the water.

And as for "he pretty much won the game for us" pish utter pish,it was WS's arrogance that won us the game,Rangers didn't have a mid-field untill BF came on.

aye he did win us the game. it was 2-1, he won us a penalty, then he scored himself to make it 4-1, by then the game was up.

whether you like the guy or not he was brilliant that day, one of the reasons i think he deserves another season.

As for the tactics i don't think Smith could have done anymore, he brought Ferguson on which turned the game for them

He is near, if not top of the league as one of the worst EVER Hearts players.

I have never witnessed as many bad players in one squad of football players as I have in the past 2 seasons,and that is at any level.

I have played sunday amature football for a few clubs,and even in those leagues you never found so many non triers in one team as we have,it's quite embarrassing you know.

he is nowhere near the top 50 worst players:hobofish:

davemclaren
He's absolutely shy*e.

Hope this helps.

I agree but wouldn't put it quite like that. :whistling:

Not good enough for the SPL I'm afraid.

gillsjambo29

Of all he imports form lithuania this guy id the only one that has any kind of credibility. With a correct managment team he could be a succsful, but not spectacular addition to the SPL, perhaps on a similar lever Juanjo, good but not anway consistent, but he has a way to go to reach even these modest standards.

Ryan Gosling

Probably has the most talent of all the Lithuanians and the least amount of application.

Good technique, two footed and lightning fast when he wants to be.

Bizarrely, out of his 25ish awful games, his performances against Rangers at home and away are probably among the best I've seen from a Hearts player in the last season, a performance that makes you take notice and seriously think about the player (Pinilla when he came on against Hibs is a good example, as is Driver at Celtic Park in the 3-0 defeat). And there were only a handful.

Remember, he absolutely murdered the 'world class' Alan Hutton, who's proven himself to be a top international defender.

chester copperpot
Probably has the most talent of all the Lithuanians and the least amount of application.

Good technique, two footed and lightning fast when he wants to be.

Bizarrely, out of his 25ish awful games, his performances against Rangers at home and away are probably among the best I've seen from a Hearts player in the last season, a performance that makes you take notice and seriously think about the player (Pinilla when he came on against Hibs is a good example, as is Driver at Celtic Park in the 3-0 defeat). And there were only a handful.

Remember, he absolutely murdered the 'world class' Alan Hutton, who's proven himself to be a top international defender.

He would be good if someone actually had the talent of coaching him.

Ryan Gosling
He would be good if someone actually had the talent of coaching him.

I see I haven't missed much. :laugh:

chester copperpot
I see I haven't missed much. :laugh:

Lol that was probably aimed at me and the post, so fair play. ;)

cosanostra

He might have some talent hidden somewhere but he has no consistency, work rate, effort, passion or will to win.

Get rid asap.

Chip Douglas
The majority of professional footballers are there on merit and few actually became so by accident. Similarly the majority of junior/senior players are playing at that level because they are not good enough to play in the Scottish league.

Like I say, Ivaskevisius attitude is generally abysmal but he definately has the footballing skill.

You should definitely post more often. One of the most sensible and rational posters around here when discussing football.

The majority of professional footballers are there on merit and few actually became so by accident. Similarly the majority of junior/senior players are playing at that level because they are not good enough to play in the Scottish league.

Sorry, what's your point? I agree with what you are saying but what is the point in the context of my post?

Sorry, what's your point? I agree with what you are saying but what is the point in the context of my post?

My point is bascially that he might have looked poor in a one-off match against Linlithgow Rose but over the course of the season I would say he has the skills to be a better player.

And using the Rangers game mentioned as an example I doubt very much if any Linlithgow Rose players would have been able to do that. In fact they'd probably struggle to keep up.

It probably all comes back to his attitude. Couldn't be bothered playing against the Rose but raised his game considerably against Rangers.

Mixed views on him.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the players like him who are used like chattels by VR and Kaunas. Huge numbers of them have been dumped into a club and pushed onto the pitch when clearly they are not capable. And his character clearly shows that the fans getting at him means that his head goes down and he hides on the pitch. Not every player has that Hartley/Lennon/Ferguson attitude where getting booed means they turn their game up a notch.

But on the other hand until he plays without hiding on the pitch he shouldn't be there. And though it is so obviously counterproductive to have a go at him I cannot stand seeing him hide, and 'cheat' during the games. I have never seen a players in the SPL with such a lack of awareness of what is going on in games.

Maybe a proper manager could get something out of him, but I hope we don't see him again.

My point is bascially that he might have looked poor in a one-off match against Linlithgow Rose but over the course of the season I would say he has the skills to be a better player.

And using the Rangers game mentioned as an example I doubt very much if any Linlithgow Rose players would have been able to do that. In fact they'd probably struggle to keep up.

It probably all comes back to his attitude. Couldn't be bothered playing against the Rose but raised his game considerably against Rangers.

As I said I don't disagree with your general assertion about footballers, but it is somewhat ironic that you make a point about natural selection in a thread about a player who has been unnaturally elevated to a position above his ability and artificially maintained there.

Archived