boycotts in 79

eddie fenwick

eddie fenwick

who remembers them?was 8 at the time and my dad wouldnt take me to the rangers game at tynie,we won 3-2 as well

jambovambo

Must have been around then when Stan Wood, the fossil man, and founder of SCAB Hearts, got arrested and thrown out (or was it the other way around?) ... for protesting - I'm sure there is a photo of his leaflet on London Hearts ... hold on ...

... nup, cannae find it.

Hearts Heritage

wE'VE GOT A PICTURE SOMEWHERE i'LL SEE IF I CAN FIND IT.

jambovambo

Cheers, London Hearts - that's the one - I remember the photo in the EEN at the time.

That must have been when ol' Alex Naylor was in charge, he of the Argyle Bar at the time.

Toxteth O'Grady
Must have been around then when Stan Wood, the fossil man, and founder of SCAB Hearts, got arrested and thrown out (or was it the other way around?) ... for protesting - I'm sure there is a photo of his leaflet on London Hearts ... hold on ...

... nup, cannae find it.

I was at school with Stan's laddie

I can't remember much about it though.

I was still naive in those days I just turned up on a Saturday and supported Hearts, I didn't give it too much thought and I didn't read the papers, it was bliss:)

jambovambo
1978-7909.jpg

Wouldn't need too many changes to the wording of that, for it still to be relevant today.

I remember all that. Stan was a legend , sure he used to wear a long scarf..

jambovambo
I remember all that. Stan was a legend , sure he used to wear a long scarf..

Yup. I was the first secretary of the SCAB Hearts - discussed at length on the previous server ...

Surrey Jambo
who remembers them?was 8 at the time and my dad wouldnt take me to the rangers game at tynie,we won 3-2 as well

I remember it well. I watched an egg-chasing match instead and was shocked when we beat Rangers. I got stopped by stewards at Tynie for collecting signatures on a petition to change the board. Willie Bauld branch of HSC followed. Good old days down the Haymarket. We wanted money, business sense and supporters representation on the Board.

Doctor FinnBarr
I remember it well. I watched an egg-chasing match instead and was shocked when we beat Rangers. I got stopped by stewards at Tynie for collecting signatures on a petition to change the board. Willie Bauld branch of HSC followed. Good old days down the Haymarket. We wanted money, business sense and supporters representation on the Board.

I can remember walking down for the bus in Blackburn and the huns all shouting "arn,t you meant to be boycotting" ,no, feck off we,ll watch hearts anytime, anywhere, we might be in the Federation but they don,t rule us!

:confused:

Surrey Jambo
I can remember walking down for the bus in Blackburn and the huns all shouting "arn,t you meant to be boycotting" ,no, feck off we,ll watch hearts anytime, anywhere, we might be in the Federation but they don,t rule us!

The Federation were very unkeen on the revolution and the WBHSC :)

37?

You don't look a day over 45 mate :laugh:

Surrey Jambo
WBHHSC?

Willie Bauld Hearts Supporters Club. Formed from the 40 or so who showed up for the meeting following the victory over Rangers.

Archived