tartofmidlothian

That pitch invasion

Brandt

Listen, you can't criticise those who went on for the sheer joy of it. I thought it looked good.

I'd be pissed off at no lap of honour if that didn't take place and it is a bit trampy.

But you've got to understand the emotion involved.

No time for those swinging punches though. Tranps.

Your warming to Hibs, i see.

Dave McCreery's knee

Looking at the photos in various media outlets now, seems like there was afair bit of fighting on the pitch between fans, so not a big leap of faith to beleive rangers fans and staff attacked. Not only is your team staying down but you've tainted the very thing you've waited 114 years for. I'm sure they're having a great time but the headlines are telling a different story. The fans have hibsed it.

Martin_T

The only acceptable sanction is to rule this year's Scottish Cup null and void.

Jambos1983

Pitch invasions are utterly tragic. Absolute scum

Craigieboy

Actually, taking back a little of what I said.

Seems some photos and videos surfacing showing some quite naughty behaviour from hibs fans.

I suppose it's best just to keep off the pitch.

:rolleyes:

Gizmo

Hibs will be rightly punished for this, I'm sure.  But this statement simply demonstrates the arrogance and selective memory of OF, when they choose. 

Or did the disgraceful behaviour in Manchester not really happen?

Did Rangers condemn their fans after they kicked off when our match at Ibrox was ended early?

Still very, very poor that Hibs cannot even win with a degree of class.

Mister Dee

The only acceptable sanction is to rule this year's Scottish Cup null and void.

Absolutey

A_A wehatethehibs

Strip them of the cup, forfeit the game 0-3 rangers

C67

The hibs fans were a disgrace but it is a bit rich coming from a club that turns a blind eye to the singing of sectarian songs and its own record of bad behaviour over the years.

100% this.

Spellczech

Hibs'd their own celebrations. Muppets.

Gambo

Hibs fans hibsing it. Brightening up my night.

Pants Shaton

There MUST be a substantial points deduction for this sort of scummery.

HMFC-1874

SFA Statement... How big the fine I wonder?

Scottish FA Statement

Saturday, 21 May 2016

Scottish FA Chief Executive Stewart Regan has condemned the behaviour of supporters which marred this afternoon?s William Hill Scottish Cup Final.

?Scottish FA is appalled by the scenes of disorder on the field immediately after full time and at the contemptible behaviour that ensued. What should have been an historic, memorable Scottish Cup final will now, sadly, be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

?Police Scotland and the stadium management initiated a Crisis Liaison Group as soon as the disorder began and we thank them for containing the situation as quickly as possible.

?The Scottish FA, along with Police Scotland and the stadium management have initiated a full investigation into the scenes that unfolded to understand how such a volume of supporters were able to enter the field."

<< Back

Tazio

Hibs'd their own celebrations. Muppets.

Just like the last time they won the league cup and didn't get to parade it in front of the fans in their own ground on the day after as clowns wouldn't get off the pitch and they had to cancel. 

Half of those daft ****ers think they are living in some sort of Danny Dyer hooligan firm and it makes them cool. 

Dannie Boy

"Police horses were last needed at the 1980 Scottish Cup final between Celtic and Rangers."

This is obviously new to The Rangers as it was the Dead Rangers who were involved in 1980.

ItsGotToBe40Yards

Did we as a club get fined for that idiot attacking Neil Lennon? If so then I'd hate to see the fine hibs are going to get if the alleged 6 players and management have been attacked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mister Dee

Hibs.

Lose ugly, win ugly.

Just ugly.

Gambo

SFA Statement... How big the fine I wonder?

Scottish FA Statement

Saturday, 21 May 2016

Scottish Cup final will now, sadly, be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

<< Back

Liking that comment.

Nucky Thompson

No parade for the muppets tomorrow on the grounds of public safety. They have form for fighting amongst themselves too.

the big show

Seemingly kicking of big time around the streets of Glasgow . what can you expect though .

Independence

Did Rangers condemn their fans after they kicked off when our match at Ibrox was ended early?

Still very, very poor that Hibs cannot even win with a degree of class.

They never condemn their fans ...even after Manchester. In Manchester they weren't real old Rangers fans!

1874robbo

Actually, taking back a little of what I said.

Seems some photos and videos surfacing showing some quite naughty behaviour from hibs fans.

I suppose it's best just to keep off the pitch.

:rolleyes:

You got any links?

Mister Dee

I'll settle for a replay. :)

maroonlegions

There MUST be a substantial points deduction for this sort of scummery.

PHM logic.. :2thumbsup:

JamboJen

After over 100 years, they finally win the cup. For any other club, that would result in joyous scenes of celebration, players dancing on the park, fans applauding them as they make the most of a lap of honour, everyone singing and enjoying themselves.

Instead, these utter clowns manage to dilute their own victory, deny themselves the very scenes they have desired all these years, and bring an avalanche of disdain and abuse onto their club.

In 1998, we were throwing scarves to our players, whilst in 2016, they were throwing punches at the opposition players and staff.

Sums it up. Hibs end up with so many day trippers who get fueled up and embarrass their club on days like today.

Win an historic cup final and askall the headlines will be about fans invading the pitch attacking the opposition.

What a way to Hibs up finally winning it.

Gambo

There will shortly be some shocking videos coming out, its about to get a lot worse for them!

Have you seen them?

Care to elaborate?

manaliveits105

Frod Petrie will apologise but blame hertz for winding them up

RudiHMFC

Disgraceful, if that was either of the OF folk on here would be having an absolute field day, kicking **** out of players, ripping up the pitch, breaking the goals, absolutely ridiculous, should get a massive fine for that.

Gambo

Parade tomorrow should be cancelled on safety grounds. :-)

Big Slim Stylee

Attacking players is pretty low, tbh.  

PeterintheRain

I suspect that the green vermin who invaded the pitch and broke the goals were not really h1b5 fans but were undercover celtic supporters. Just going by all the Irish tricolours being waved at the blue bigots.

if they were just ordinary vermin supporters then that would just prove what we've always known.   See h1b5, see scum, see any difference?

Dannie Boy

1d003841da69fde2410ff355d8ca62bf.jpg

[emoji33]

maroonlegions

I'll settle for a replay. :)

SFA beeks working on a new rule.

Section one of new rule#

1; Any Rangers player assaulted on field of play by opposition fans =  game awarded  to Rangers.. :beatnik2:

Malinga the Swinga

1d003841da69fde2410ff355d8ca62bf.jpg

[emoji33]

The amateur cup final is being a played at Hampden tomorrow. Best bring some jackets to use as goal posts at the one end.

Deevers

Make an example of them and forfeit the cup.

Dannie Boy

There'll be a financial cost levied at Hibs and a cost they can least afford.

PeterintheRain

Nothing wrong with a pitch invasion ,well for one it breeches health and safety issues ,  your club faces unnecessary fines  but feck it..  :uhoh2:

If anybody bothers to read the back of their ticket it will clearly state that nobody is allowed on the pitch under any circumstances short of genuine emergency.  Punishable by severe fines possible police cautions or convictions.Running towards a stand full of pissed off Sevconians while waving Irish flags is as straightforward a breach of the peace offence as it is possible to imagine.  If not one for the OBAF laws.

I was at Murrayfield where a poor girl had her shoe thrown onto the side of the pitch by her well-oiled companions.  When she went over the top to claim it back she was identified by the stewards and taken away by the police for breaking the law. 

114 years or 52 weeks makes no difference. The green vermin must be punished, and severely.

Mister T

There'll be a financial cost levied at Hibs and a cost they can least afford.

They'll not give a hoot. Leanne will already be working out how much to charge for a photo with the cup.

John Findlay

I'm afraid the SFA will throw their book at Hibs. Why?

An Edinburgh team's supporters entered the field of play at the final of the SFA's most prestigious tournament. That's a big no no.

Damage was done to both, one set of goals and to one half of the playing surface.

Allegedly Rangers players and backroom staff were assaulted by Hibs supporters.

That last one will be the one that both the Rangers spin machine and their sycophantic media pals will concentrate on most. Hibs will get hammered by both the Glasgow media and the Glasgow run BBC Scotland in the coming days and weeks. It will start in earnest on Monday.

The pitch invasion although perharps understandable to a degree was wrong. However I don't think any malice was intended in it to begin with. However Rangers supporters did not help matters by entering the field of play too. This will be brushed over by the Rangers spin machine and their sycophantic media pals.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Hibs were not allowed to defend their trophy next season or have their European place taken from them. After all they are not one of the arse cheeks from Glasgow.

Bootzilla

I'd say a ban from Europe would be fitting. Fingers crossed.

JamboRossi79

ffs Kenny Millar punched clean out then booted to **** and they are claiming he is ours now , aye hibs class all right the guy was lying out sparkled .

Funny that just watched him walking off thought the Hibs players, complete fantasist

I'm not suggesting that the attacks on Rangers players didn't happen, but I saw no evidence of it on TV. There were plenty Rangers players making their way off the pitch through Hibs fans without any visible incident.

If it did happen then it is appalling and hopefully the police will be able to identify and prosecute the culprits.

Maybe I'm too cynical of our media, but just because they say something has happened doesn't mean that it has.

Closer to the truth. If the Sun or the Rangers told me it was raining outside I would check myself. Complete overreaction but not surprise coming from the biggest victims of all

davie1980

How does this compare to John Wilson then?

There is an absolute outcry becuase one utter moron attacked one guy, the clubs name was dragged through the mud and there was a media outrage that continued beyond the end of his trial.

Now I'm making no defence of Wilson here but surely Hibs actions completely eclispe that.

A large number enter the field, supposed to actually be celebrating something and attack several players and staff.

Christ, Wilson never even managed to hit him.

Dannie Boy

3b35588dde4e19938082ab98cc75903a.jpg

Quick response with the next game scheduled for tomorrow.

Frank Sidebottom

Assaulting players, ripping up the pitch and goals...Completely embarrassing behaviour all round.

It doesn't surprise me though.

jonnothejambo

Only that lot could taint the biggest day in their scummy lives.

Once a shitehawk always a shitehawk.

:fth:

Spellczech

They never condemn their fans ...even after Manchester. In Manchester they weren't real old Rangers fans!

Manchester?that was Chelsea fans wasn't? There will be little mention of at least 2-300 Rangers fans going on the pitch with the sole purpose of having a rammy ( unless it was because they saw their players being attacked, which will be the justification this time)

Tasavallan

Only one party to blame. It is not the police, it is not the stewards, it is not Sevconians and it is not Queen's Park. 114 years or 114 weeks is irrelevant. Stupid idiots the lot of them.

Francis Albert

It was impressive, to be fair. I wonder how hammered they're both going to get for it.

Was there fighting?

Christ you are easily impressed.

Tott

Make an example of them and forfeit the cup.

and ban them it from it for the next 5 years.