That pitch invasion

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

It was impressive, to be fair. I wonder how hammered they're both going to get for it.

Was there fighting?

I think if it was Hearts and a 114yr wait I may have been tempted to run on

Hopefully there was no trouble

Nucky Thompson

Nae chance the drink ban will get lifted anytime soon.

Meh... Such a hoodoo off their backs, emotion got the better of them. Rangers fans doing what Rangers fans do. Will be a lot worse around the city in 30mins even if the pitch invasion didn't happen.

Nookie Bear

Disgraceful scenes

Nah it was the only spontaneous thing those clowns have ever done and it was justified.

(Slightly disappointed that The rangers fans seemed disinterested though)*

*joke.....sorta

PeterintheRain

Was there a pitch invasion in 1998?   Vermin behaving like vermin. What do you expect.  Hopefully a 25 year ban from all football.   Or until they're all dead, whichever comes first.

Looked like Rangers fans ran on to fight Hibs fans but quickly separated.

From the scenes on the TV, it looks like the police did a good job of managing the situation and there was no escalations. Hibs fans were gradually ushered off the pitch rather than forced.

Hibs will get into quite a bit of bother, and rightly so.

The Natural Order

Can't blame them.

Only enjoying themselves.

Very much this.

Bare in mind they have pitch invasions after every win against Hearts. It's not unexpected.

The Natural Order

Was there a pitch invasion in 1998?   Vermin behaving like vermin. What do you expect.  Hopefully a 25 year ban from all football.   Or until they're all dead, whichever comes first.

Grow up FFS

MacDonald Jardine

I'd still be on the pitch if that was us tbh

Really?

Were you on the pitch in 1998, 2006 and 2012?

Nucky Thompson

To be fair only a few Rangers fans got on. Hibs went right up to their end and provoked them. That's Hibs fans right over the back

Francis Albert

I think if it was Hearts and a 114yr wait I may have been tempted to run on

Hopefully there was no trouble

How many Hearts fans invaded the pitch after 50 and 42 year waits?

If we'd waited that long I'm pretty sure I'd be on the pitch too. Not justifying it but actually quite enjoyed watching it :D

Rory Mcilroy

Biggest result in their history possibly and still find a way of adding a touch of Hibs "class" to proceedings.

hmfc_liam06

I'm a bit meh about the invasion but there's really no need to goad the Rangers fans. It would be the last thing on my mind.

Buster HMFC

So pitch invasions are ok if you`ve not won the cup for 114 years. Dinnae talk pish

Sawdust Caesar

A bit disappointed Liam McLeod didn't say "It's like scenes from Apocalypse Now".

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Really?

Were you on the pitch in 1998, 2006 and 2012?

No

Nookie Bear

So pitch invasions are ok if you`ve not won the cup for 114 years. Dinnae talk pish

They have a lot of previous for getting on the pitch.

But let's face it, we would all want to be celebrating a cup right now.

MacDonald Jardine

No

So what does "I would still be on the pitch if it was us." mean?

Who is "us"?

maroonlegions

Set of goals destroyed too, this will be all over the media  and we all know how the media like to hype things up, the Daily Ranger will be all over this , SFA beeks will be scouring the rule books.. :laugh4:

The pitch invasion is embarrassing tbh. Not happened at many other cup finals (can only think of Rangers/Celtic).

They always spout out the 'hibs class'line. That shows exactly what this supposed class is all about..

jamboinglasgow

Nothing wrong with a pitch invasion that is peaceful, but that wasn't. 6 Rangers players were attacked and so was David Weir.

johnnythejambo

Could have been carnage if the Newco fans had really run on. I would give the Hobos a very hefty fine ie- 500000 ando take the cup off them Scumbags

Jerah Jambo

I think they were a bit confused what to do, most of them are usually about half way back home on the M8 at ten to five on a cup final day.

No doubt ex casuals now in their 50's would've been amongst them.

All too much to take in. A Rangers side that couldn't be trusted and a full scale rectal prolapse from us has massively contributed to this disaster.

Still at least we got a money spinner out if it.

Every cloud and all ghat

I'm a bit meh about the invasion but there's really no need to goad the Rangers fans. It would be the last thing on my mind.

When Robbo scored his record goals there was some goading of the Rangers fans.. they took it in the good banter it was in...

I guess if i had just lost a cup final i probably wouldn't have taken it so well..

maroonlegions

No doubt ex casuals now in their 50's would've been amongst them.

All too much to take in. A Rangers side that couldn't be trusted and a full scale rectal prolapse from us has massively contributed to this disaster.

Still at least we got a money spinner out if it.

Every cloud and all ghat

:2thumbsup:

Was there a pitch invasion in 1998? Vermin behaving like vermin. What do you expect. Hopefully a 25 year ban from all football. Or until they're all dead, whichever comes first.

your just jealous cause they knocked us out,but did we deserve to win it ? NO imo we blew it .

JeanLouisValois84

I have a Birthday Party down at the shore tonight. Think I'll cancel.

MacDonald Jardine

your just jealous cause they knocked us out,but did we deserve to win it ? NO imo we blew it .

Of course we blew it, although we didn't deserve to be in that position in the first place.

That's no reason to wish them well.

duckandcover

Who seriously gives a ****. If it wasn't for Neilson jobbying the bed they would never have won the cup, end of story. Worse weekend ever but life goes on.

I would expect both teams to get fined for it. Dipped into the cesspool that is sevcomedia and some post on there said 3 sevco players got attacked, could be shite though.

LogicalEric

Reports saying Davie Weir got a dig as did 6 other players. Although it was the Sun so no doubt they were brushed up against!

Pure passion. BBC comparing it to the OF pitch invasion is disgraceful.

Totally agree. This was pure emotion that took over. I thought I seen a few newco getting in and scrapping.

jambovambo

Nothing wrong with a pitch invasion that is peaceful, but that wasn't. 6 Rangers players were attacked and so was David Weir.

Is this verified?

Of course we blew it, although we didn't deserve to be in that position in the first place.

That's no reason to wish them well.

where did i praise them ? Your talking s---

Archived