Available for a nominal compensation fee

Hasnt really lived upto his potential but was always a handful, still only 21

Reckon he could be worth a punt?

I wouldnt mind giving him a chance, quite versatile too

What are his stats on FM 2008? That's how JKB members usually decide these things. :rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

Didn't have the best reputation for his attitude & off field behaviour although I read a recent article where he claims to have settled down & screwed the nut since either getting married or becoming a Dad.........anyway I always thought he showed potential but haven't seen anywhere near enough of him to say yes or no.

Once again if we had a manager in place that could asure him he'd have some sort of part to play then we'd have a chance of signing him.

Decent player but as it stands I imagine he'll have other avenues open to him. Saying that depends what sort of contract we were to offer him if it ever came to that.

Boab Mugabe

Would need a proper manager to bring him along.

Not a world beater, but sadly better than what we have.

Robert Snodgrass? Is he a footballer or a character from the Beano?

you are amazing!!!!:confused:

you absolutely slate some of our younger players regularly on here,

yet suggest we bring in a player who's never lived up to his earlier potential with ermmm livingston:wacko:

Rawrrrrrrr
hes been at Livi for years so doesnt that say it all

Not really

He is 20

14 goals in 71 games to date isn't the most prolific but he has often played on the wings

71 games - some at SPL level - isnt a bad achievement for a 20 year old, on top of that he has been capped regularly at youth level and formed part of a very good u19 squad at the world cup

Anytime he played us he was a complete pain in the ass

There is clearly a lot of raw potential there but tbh I dont think a small fee to see if we could get that would be too bad

He imo is as good as a lot of our youth players - including templeton- and is not really any older

As for us needing better players, maybe but he is a damn sight better imo than a lot of those we currently have

Guest gorgie kev

Like most of the Hearts squad over the past 2 seasons.

Rawrrrrrrr
you are amazing!!!!:confused:

you absolutely slate some of our younger players regularly on here,

yet suggest we bring in a player who's never lived up to his earlier potential with ermmm livingston:wacko:

Um not living upto his potential?

He has played most weeks since he was 17, scored regularly, been a fixture at youth level, got interest from good clubs and all this and he is still 20

Whereas what have most of our youth players done to date? done awful at u19 level and out on loan for most of them, yes there is a few gems who have come good but the vast majority of our youths will be lucky to achieve what Snodgrass has to date and there is still a lot of time on his side

I would prefer we spent money on him than anymore on the likes of branny, copil, lithgow etc etc who have had a chance

Guest jambomickey

if thats the kind of players that would be coming to tynecastle we in for more of the same, we need a decent manager and quality signings to go forward from the rubbish last season:107years:

He has played most weeks since he was 17, scored regularly, been a fixture at youth level, got interest from good clubs and all this and he is still 20

Whereas what have most of our youth players done to date? done awful at u19 level and out on loan for most of them, yes there is a few gems who have come good but the vast majority of our youths will be lucky to achieve what Snodgrass has to date and there is still a lot of time on his side

I would prefer we spent money on him than anymore on the likes of branny, copil, lithgow etc etc who have had a chance

um yeah not living up to earlier potential!!!

was he not loaned out to stirling albion last season?

Rawrrrrrrr
if thats the kind of players that would be coming to tynecastle we in for more of the same, we need a decent manager and quality signings to go forward from the rubbish last season:107years:

I love this site, quick enough to defend every average youth player on our books despite the fact they get beaten most weeks and do nothing of any standing with a few exceptions, yet a young scottish player who has achieved far more than them is crap?

Come on people explain to me why Branny Kostadinov deserves to be at hearts next year more than snodgrass, what about sean mackle, matty doherty,dennis mclaughlin.

I know who I would prefer to these 4.

As for slating him for being at Livi, so was Dorrans and he is now off to the premiership, pretty much the same player except different sides of the wing

Rawrrrrrrr
um yeah not living up to earlier potential!!!

was he not loaned out to stirling albion last season?

No that was 2 years ago ( when he was 18 :rolleyes:)

Last season he played most weeks for Livi scoring 10 times

Oh and in true KB fashion

;)

Guest jambomickey

all i,m saying is if we want to get back to where we were under burley we need to be signing much better quality than a youngster from livvy:107years:

Rawrrrrrrr
all i,m saying is if we want to get back to where we were under burley we need to be signing much better quality than a youngster from livvy:107years:

Jamie Mac was an important player under burley, so was Miko, so was Hartley

where did they come from?

Guest jambomickey

a just think after our last couple of seasons we need quality signings and not potential, if hearts want to sign that type of player with a view to the future then fine

Benny Factor
I love this site, quick enough to defend every average youth player on our books despite the fact they get beaten most weeks and do nothing of any standing with a few exceptions, yet a young scottish player who has achieved far more than them is crap?

Come on people explain to me why Branny Kostadinov deserves to be at hearts next year more than snodgrass, what about sean mackle, matty doherty,dennis mclaughlin.

I know who I would prefer to these 4.

As for slating him for being at Livi, so was Dorrans and he is now off to the premiership, pretty much the same player except different sides of the wing

You forgot to mention the fact that Snodgrass once turned down Barcelona. :P

Rick Grimes

Hasnt really lived upto his potential

112-00605.jpg

Snake Plissken
Jamie Mac was an important player under burley, so was Miko, so was Hartley

where did they come from?

Jamie Mac was dropped as soon as Fyssas was brought in and I doubt he would have been around much longer had Burley stayed.

Miko was subbed at halftime for quite a few games and Burley was actively looking for a right midfielder.

Snodgrass probably has some talent but not at SPL level, he looked good in a reserve match I saw a couple years agobut was kept at bay by an outstanding performance from Jamie MacDonald that day - I should also add that I've seen Simmons, Elliot and Mole shine in reserve games so that means nothing.

Your reasoning as to why he'd be a signing seems to be based upon the modicum of ability he's hinted at coupled with quite a few appearances for Livingston. (Let's not forget he was loaned out to Stirling last year) - I'd point to Graham Weir using that same logic: made 60 appearances for Hearts, didn't score many goals but was a handful for defences....

I'd rather have a striker/winger who was dangerous to defences rather than tricky/a handful

Chip Douglas

He's proven nothing at SPL level. He's only 6 months younger than Calum Elliot and Elliot was an integral part of the not so recent successful U19s team in the 2006 Euro Championships.

In my view, we'd be taking on a player who has less credentials than Elliot.

You're living in cloud cuckoo.

ScottishSandstorm

I think he would be a good signing. Obviously wouldn't expect him to go straight into the starting 11 but he is defo worth a shot.

Hes made his level in the 1st division.

Says it all.

Not Hearts class, better youth players at the club.

Darkwhisky7
hes been at Livi for years so doesnt that say it all

He had a trial with Barcelona once you know but obviously didn't make it

Archived