New Strip

keithyboy1975

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should have been ten

They didn't always stick with the same numbers throughout every season.

For some reason I always think of the wee man wearing 11

He was number 11 up until he left for Newcastle.

Deans Jambo

He was number 11 up until he left for Newcastle.

Yep, my first Hearts top (86/87) I got the sponsor and no.11 put on it in Topsport.

PhoenixHearts

Just been in to get the new strip! Have to say, despite obvious similarities, such a big improvement over last seasons. Feels much better made. Last seasons was reeeeeally thin, especially the back.

PhoenixHearts

Anyone know why we played our friendlies and Europe tie with maroon shorts when Hearts are (still) advertising the new home strip as having white shorts?

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5210

One thing I've noticed is the new kit had only been worn once, against infonet. All other games have been using last seasons.

The maroon shorts worn against infonet were brand new maroon ones too.

Quite possibly last seasons white away/3rd kit this year, will be getting the old maroon shorts switched out for a semi update? Or maybe our new home just has two colours to pair with. Quite a few teams do this.

If our new away kit is to be believed going by the rumours, I don't think it'll have maroon shorts.

I thought FIFA / UEFA insisted that shirt and short colours should be similar? It wasn't a rule as such but a recommendation. You will see a lot of teams at the Euro's have followed those guidelines.

That may explain the Maroon shirt and shorts combo in Euro ties.

Cassanowak

My new kit arrived @ 9:30am today and i am very impressed with both the colour and the material...

I cannot wait to be a FKW on Wednesday night @ 7's...

One thing I've noticed is the new kit had only been worn once, against infonet. All other games have been using last seasons.

I'm sure we used the new strip with maroon shorts against TNS and Aberdeen.

PhoenixHearts

I'm sure we used the new strip with maroon shorts against TNS and Aberdeen.

Was definitely the old kit for sure. If you see the highlights from those games you see the big white stripe down the old maroon shorts. And besides the V neck, another way to tell the old shirt is the white piping down the sides/back.

Think I may be the sort to obsess over petty details.

But aye, there was something on twitter about the kit man rushing to get the first team geared up before info net game. Strangely they were back to the old kit at Cowdenbeath...

JamboBornNBred

Just wanted too say,The 3 tops for the new season that i ordered have just arrived.

My daughter and my son put theirs on straight away.

Good fitting tops this season as well.

Well pleased :)

For some reason I always think of the wee man wearing 11

Me too and it became my number of choice too

I thought FIFA / UEFA insisted that shirt and short colours should be similar? It wasn't a rule as such but a recommendation. You will see a lot of teams at the Euro's have followed those guidelines.

Not sure if a directive but Im sure it was mentioned at last World Cup, that HD TVs prefer strip all same colours.

Could be rubbish.

Prince Buaben

I thought it was due to Infonets all white kit?

PhoenixHearts

I thought it was due to Infonets all white kit?

On the topic of Infonet's kits, noticed they wear all black at home. Think that sounds like a perfect opportunity to parade a new away kit?

Bet I'll get my hopes up for something new and they'll trot out in the all white number from last year.

It should have been ten

Was in the club shop earlier this afternoon picking up my son's new shirt. Place was deserted, thought it'd be even a wee bit busier with the kit launch.

Maroon Sailor

Last season we wore maroon shorts in cup also

Well they can put that superstition to bed after last season's feck up

RudolfTheKing51

Anyone know why we played our friendlies and Europe tie with maroon shorts when Hearts are (still) advertising the new home strip as having white shorts?

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5210

Not only that but the shorts and socks were last seasons with the white stripe down side. Something must have happened to our supply because i dont think we have an away strip.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Full maroon is much better imo.

Nothing beats a full maroon strip.

Agree with white shorts - Hearts should have white trim, it's just as much a part of the strip.

Looks good in full maroon - BUT it doesn't look like Hearts. IMO

I think white shorts help the players pick each other out better.

The Infonet game last week, there was no digital advertising board in front of the main stand, so some of it was just plain maroon. The players when they ran past that part almost blended in.

Disagree. White shorts please.

yip.

It may seem insignificant and small detail to some but for me it's part of our indentity.

Love seeing a good Hearts team zip about with that iconic maroon top complimented by the white shorts.

It should have been ten

The full maroon kit looks much better IMO too but the maroon, white, maroon combo is our identity.

The Infonet game last week, there was no digital advertising board in front of the main stand, so some of it was just plain maroon. The players when they ran past that part almost blended in.

Definitely.

I was struggling with the players on the far side of the pitch.

White shorts, or even white socks would have helped massively.

Is tonight the night that we will be seeing the new away kit? Or more likely that we will be wearing last seasons away?

Maroon top. White shorts. Maroon socks. Simple.

Agree. Though Socks should have white tops.

But then that could just be me.

Maroon Sailor

Agree. Though Socks should have white tops.

But then that could just be me.

Not just you - white tops all the way for me on the socks

Not just you - white tops all the way for me on the socks

Thanks.

It has been a while since we had 'proper socks'.

Not if the other team are also wearing white shorts.

Not if the other team are also wearing white shorts.

Don't think teams are allowed to wear the same colour shorts.

If Anne has already eluded to the fact the away strip has been decided and that we will see it 'soon' - I'd like to think we are organised enough to have it on tonight, but I suspect that in reality the deals were done late, the kit isn't ready yet and we will not see it for a while. Reflected by late(er) than normal release dates, and that we've even been wearing the old home top in matches lately.

Wouldn't be shocked if hearts appeared in a pink and yellow number this evening. Last seasons away kit apparently being used as a 3rd kit.

The Fluorescent Zebra

Looks like same as last week from the Periscope feed they just posted on Twitter

RudolfTheKing51

Am i the only one who likes the maroon top

White shorts

Black socks

In the 14/15 kit? A modern version would look class. Also regarding the new away strip rumour has it that it will clash with other kits so they will either design a new away kit or keep last years as a 3rd kit to play. Im guessing its blue and would clash with rangers.

The Apprentice

To anyone who has bought the new top, how does it fit? Don't know if it's the style or that the players are wearing a size too small, but it looks much more 'fitted' this year. Tynie not ideal for me to get to and fancied getting one.

White shorts

Black socks

No I like the black socks! heart_of_midlothian-1923-1935_ak.gif

To anyone who has bought the new top, how does it fit? Don't know if it's the style or that the players are wearing a size too small, but it looks much more 'fitted' this year. Tynie not ideal for me to get to and fancied getting one.

Very similar to last season if that's any help ? 

kingantti1874

White shorts

Black socks

In the 14/15 kit? A modern version would look class. Also regarding the new away strip rumour has it that it will clash with other kits so they will either design a new away kit or keep last years as a 3rd kit to play. Im guessing its blue and would clash with rangers.

Not the only one.. I thought it was cracking. - gave a bit of contrast and is a nod to history.. It like to see them make an appearance every now and then..

I got my Usual 2XL yesterday, Very similar fit to last seasons, maybe's a little less forgiving on the gut. Length-wise it's similar to last seasons.

Archived