Faycall Rherras

GorgieRules22

Half time pie

But I thought the drive was for forwards? A golie and another defender. Unless Robbie is getting some serious money for Patterson which would fund some decent tallent up front, we could be left short.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Hearts

But I thought the drive was for forwards? A golie and another defender. Unless Robbie is getting some serious money for Patterson which would fund some decent tallent up front, we could be left short.

Think we could do with another defensive midfielder.

We'll still get a forward, no need to panic because a striker isn't being rumoured first.

We'll still get a forward, no need to panic because a striker isn't being rumoured first.

We also need a better left back anyway.

And some pace in the team.

I am still working on the assumption that we will play 3-5-2 a bit next season.

We also need a better left back anyway.

And some pace in the team.

I am still working on the assumption that we will play 3-5-2 a bit next season.

I still think Oshaniwa can do well as a left wing back.

Would rather we scouted players differently other than a 10.00 a month website called wyscout to be honest

jamboinglasgow

Would rather we scouted players differently other than a 10.00 a month website called wyscout to be honest

We use wyscout as part of a big process of evaluating a player. Neilson explained it a few months ago while praising John Murray. He gave the example that, they get hundreds of emails from agents trying to get the club to sign their player. Only about 4 or 5 of those sound promising, they will then use wyscout to get more information on the player and ability. If the player still sounds interesting after that, they will send Murray over to watch the player play. If Murray reports back and the player sounds really promising, Neilson will have a further look at him. Neilson will speak to contacts from where the player plays to get more background on the player (what he is like off the field, temperament etc.) They will then invite player over and speak with him to get more of a feel of them, and after all that if we feel the player fits we will make the offer to sign them.

Thats this one way a player is recruited.

I'll pass this on to Man U and Arsenal mate

We use wyscout as part of a big process of evaluating a player. Neilson explained it a few months ago while praising John Murray. He gave the example that, they get hundreds of emails from agents trying to get the club to sign their player. Only about 4 or 5 of those sound promising, they will then use wyscout to get more information on the player and ability. If the player still sounds interesting after that, they will send Murray over to watch the player play. If Murray reports back and the player sounds really promising, Neilson will have a further look at him. Neilson will speak to contacts from where the player plays to get more background on the player (what he is like off the field, temperament etc.) They will then invite player over and speak with him to get more of a feel of them, and after all that if we feel the player fits we will make the offer to sign them.

No mate, we just look at a 5 minute highlight reel on YouTube and decide straight away based on that. You can't prove otherwise.

And it worked well with Anderson.

Bazzas right boot

Hope so, needs to get the basics right, if he does this we could see a player.

We can't carry players, needs to hit next season as a player, not a " might " be.

jamboinglasgow

Its not perfect, so some wont make it. But he have a higher success rate then most clubs.

and oshaniwa ? El hass ? Obviously wouldn't complain if we can get great players from it but anyone decent would surely be snapped up before the rest of us scramble to look at youtube clips for the scraps.

Dalstonjambo

and oshaniwa ? El hass ? Obviously wouldn't complain if we can get great players from it but anyone decent would surely be snapped up before the rest of us scramble to look at youtube clips for the scraps.

Just ignoring the ones that did work out then?

upgotheheads

Hope so, needs to get the basics right, if he does this we could see a player.

We can't carry players, needs to hit next season as a player, not a " might " be.

Ian Black was with us for 3 years and only started to perform half way through that period

It's all went quite on this lad

I think that we can't sign anyone before the 9th(?) June, so they won't be saying much before the deal is sealed.

there has been some success

Kitchen

Sow

Rossi

Djoum

Ozturk

Augustyn

Zeefuik

Pallardo (was quality last season)

Seriously, can I have some of what you are on please?

Jambof3tornado

Me too. 3 centre backs free him slightly from some defensive duties and he looks promising with the ball at hus feet. Just as likely to get a cross in as Paterson.

Buffalo Bill

Do you honestly think that's the only thing the club does when scouting a player? :cornette:

Just ignoring the ones that did work out then?

not at all glad when they do just stating the obvious about the ones that haven't. Fair point taken though some have been successful

jambos are go!

There have been successes and failures in the recruitment process. But overall the standard of the squad has risen and we have playing success on the field to show it with a Champioship title and third place in the SPL achieved. With the

probable exception of Jason Holt decisions to release players have not come back to bite us.

I'll pass this on to Man U and Arsenal mate

With that said has there recruitment been great the last couple of years when apparently using wyscout I'd argue they've both gone backwards if this is the case

craig.still1

To this point, I think most of our signings since admin have been fit for purpose. Ozturk, sow, zeefuick, Djoum, Souttar and kitchen have been the high spots.

Buaben, Gomis and the likes have done a job for the level we were at.

We need to use this close season to up the overall quality.

Rangers will splash dough some how - maybe get the rubber cheque book out again. Celtic will follow suit. Aberdeen already have a decent squad and will add no doubt.

Our bench never looks all that impressive to me. Letting King go without a replacement in place has puzzled me since it happened.

We're in decent shape at the back bar left back. We need to make improvements further up the pitch. We lost our threat over the second have of the season, lost all our tempo from last season and the start of this season.

I hope that's not a conscious decision that's been made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the probable exception of Jason Holt decisions to release players have not come back to bite us.

Holt wasn't released he was offered but didn't sign a new contract.

There have been successes and failures in the recruitment process. But overall the standard of the squad has risen and we have playing success on the field to show it with a Champioship title and third place in the SPL achieved. With the

probable exception of Jason Holt decisions to release players have not come back to bite us.

When did Jason Holt come back to bite us?  :unsure:

jambos are go!

When did Jason Holt come back to bite us?  :unsure:

By his increased standing and performances at Rangers were he has been given a 4 year contract. Evidence that we might have tried harder to keep him. Not conclusive evidence I sgree and thats why I said 'probably'.

Dalstonjambo

By his increased standing and performances at Rangers were he has been given a 4 year contract. Evidence that we might have tried harder to keep him. Not conclusive evidence I sgree and thats why I said 'probably'.

If rangers have genuine desires to win the league Holt will be nowhere near that team. 

the big show

Holt wasn't released he was offered but didn't sign a new contract.

Holt was offered a 1 year contract extension and told his game time would be limited and if he wanted to find another club he could do so . So Too put things into perspective they did not try that hard to keep him if you take into consideration some of the other players contracts they have handed out . What i would say the guy has not much wrong since he went and has more than proved himself even Rangers supporters would verify that and some rate him very highly and think he has been steel of the season . anyway good luck to him .

Holt was offered a 1 year contract extension/

So agreed we didn't release him.

I suppose we'll need to wait and see how he performs in the top league as to whether or not be is a better option than Djoum.

He showed when he was with us he was good enough for the Scottish Championship, but didn't exactly shine when he went down south. We'll maybe see next season.

Son Of Anarchy

I'm sick to death of hearing about Jason Holt. Took me 2 minutes to get over him leaving. For that two minutes I was disappointed. Let it go eh?

The Treasurer

I suspect if we'd offered him the kind of (silly) money sevco no doubt have, then I'm sure he wouldn't have been so bothered about the "limited game time".

We_are_the_Hearts

I suspect if we'd offered him the kind of (silly) money sevco no doubt have, then I'm sure he wouldn't have been so bothered about the "limited game time".

I agree. He will become a bit part player next year if Rangers signing rumuors are true but won't complain as has the money coming in.

I'd honestly rather have Buaben than Jason Holt. One of the most overrated players we've had in the recent past imo. He's a decent championship player but Djoum is streets ahead of him and he wouldn't even get a game for us now never mind in a squad aiming to challenge for the league ffs.

On topic never heard of this guy but if we could get a reliable left back who can actually defend then our defence would be looking really solid so here's hoping!

cosanostra

I'd honestly rather have Buaben than Jason Holt. One of the most overrated players we've had in the recent past imo. He's a decent championship player but Djoum is streets ahead of him and he wouldn't even get a game for us now never mind in a squad aiming to challeng for the league ffs.

On topic never heard of this guy but if we could get a reliable left back who can actually defend then our defence would be looking really solid so here's hoping!

Same. Holt was not good enough.

Buaben and Djoum have both looked way better than Holt ever did for us.

if this guy is an out and out attacking player maybe we'll be setting up with wing backs like robbie always wanted, as a complete stab in the dark - 

_________________________Gilks

________Souttar/new CB__Ozturk__Rossi

_________Paterson__Buaben__Kitchen__Rherras

____________________Walker__Djoum

___________________Juanma/new striker

Maroonblood22

I'm sick to death of hearing about Jason Holt. Took me 2 minutes to get over him leaving. For that two minutes I was disappointed. Let it go eh?

This in absolute spades. Holt is no longer a Hearts player and hasn't been for almost a year, get over it!

Maroonblood22

if this guy is an out and out attacking player maybe we'll be setting up with wing backs like robbie always wanted, as a complete stab in the dark - 

_________________________Gilks

________Souttar/new CB__Ozturk__Rossi

_________Paterson__Buaben__Kitchen__Rherras

____________________Walker__Djoum

___________________Juanma/new striker

You might not be too far off with that and to be honest I wouldn't be against it.

I do think we will look to strengthen the midfield though with some proper competition for Buaben. A new striker must be top of the list as well.

We_are_the_Hearts

Holt will be looking for another club if they get barton and kranjcar

He is signed until 2020 so won't need to.

also worked not too badly with Djoum and Kitchen !!!!!!!!

Jambos1983

He is signed until 2020 so won't need to.

Given he was greeting about not getting games for us then I think he will

the big show

So agreed we didn't release him.

I suppose we'll need to wait and see how he performs in the top league as to whether or not be is a better option than Djoum.

He showed when he was with us he was good enough for the Scottish Championship, but didn't exactly shine when he went down south. We'll maybe see next season.

Yes we can all wait and see but all i was pointing out was it was hardly a offer he could refuse given the stipulations that went with it and what other players had been offered . At the end of the day if he goes on to be a success then good on the guy he is certainly doing himself no harm at the moment and is now worth far more than what they payed for him . He wont be the 1st player to have done better at other at another club and i'm sure he won't be the last and by that i'm not just meaning players who have moved on from our club . Only on Saturday one of our ex under 20's hardly gave Juanma or Duada a sniff and Danny Swanson never looked out of place . The end of the day not every decision our Manager or DOF make is going to be the right one as they can make mistakes . 

We_are_the_Hearts

Given he was greeting about not getting games for us then I think he will

That's if you believe that was the main reason for him wanting away. His agent had been turning his head for a while

the big show

That's if you believe that was the main reason for him wanting away. His agent had been turning his head for a while

It had nothing to do with his agent it was what he was offered .

Archived