West Ham

TNCASTLE

Unknown user

If ever there was a video showing what a tinpot league we are in then that is it..

Both Bristol clubs to have over 25k seater new stadiums.. Bristol has similar population to Edinburgh..

There is nothing left for Scottish football.. In my opinion we need to merge with English football.. Either that or at least take the biggest clubs to there (like Wales) and leave the rest of them to battle it out..

In my opinion England could incorporate 5 teams in their system.. Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen. Then either a joint Dundee team or Hibs.. Even if we had to start in the bottom leagues while serving our notice to the SFA.. Work our way up..

England don't want or need us, and that's fine by me.

Scotland is a nation of 5 million people, I wish people would remember that before starting the self loathing jock routine

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland is a nation of 5 million people, I wish people would remember that before starting the self loathing jock routine

But we need them.. Our league is dying a death as can be seen by the dwindling crowds everywhere except for Tynecastle and this season Ibrox..

Considering Scotland voted to stay joined onto England then we could at least get some of the benefits.. Some of our teams going into the English pyramid would revitalise the supports of those clubs.. Like I said.. start at the bottom and work our way up.. clearly some would get up before others.. but seriously if there is 9 leagues to get through and we can't play in both for the first couple of years then it is still a small price to pay.. TV money is the be all and end all now.. Scotland's won't get any higher.. England's might reduce but not enough not to be significantly higher than in Scotland.. The best players from League 2 wouldn't come to us (transfer fees / salary on offer).. That is the 4th division down there..

Unknown user

But we need them.. Our league is dying a death as can be seen by the dwindling crowds everywhere except for Tynecastle and this season Ibrox..

Considering Scotland voted to stay joined onto England then we could at least get some of the benefits.. Some of our teams going into the English pyramid would revitalise the supports of those clubs.. Like I said.. start at the bottom and work our way up.. clearly some would get up before others.. but seriously if there is 9 leagues to get through and we can't play in both for the first couple of years then it is still a small price to pay.. TV money is the be all and end all now.. Scotland's won't get any higher.. England's might reduce but not enough not to be significantly higher than in Scotland.. The best players from League 2 wouldn't come to us (transfer fees / salary on offer).. That is the 4th division down there..

We need them for what?

What we need is to move forward and work with what we've got.

Casting envious glances at England does nothing, and whether you think we need them or not (we don't), we're not joining the English league system

The Treasurer

I'm struggling to see how a midweek trip to Accrington would "revitalise the support" of any club

I think eventually there will be some sort of merge. Going on a journey up the leagues in England (think of the away days) can only be better than being stuck in one of the shitest leagues in the world.

I'm struggling to see how a midweek trip to Accrington would "revitalise the support" of any club

Im sure if instead of Aberdeen away next, it was visiting Accrington for the first time we'd take a far bigger support.

The Treasurer

Im sure if instead of Aberdeen away next, it was visiting Accrington for the first time we'd take a far bigger support.

A one-off trip to a different ground is totally different from regular league visits.

Last season was a classic example

English football doesn't need us and i doubt they will want us, It's' Scottish football for us Scottish teams.

A one-off trip to a different ground is totally different from regular league visits.

Last season was a classic example

Im sure our sights would be set higher than Accrington Stanley.

Languishing in League Two playing dross like Crawley Town and Stevenage doesn't really appeal.

Unknown user

English football doesn't need us and i doubt they will want us, It's' Scottish football for us Scottish teams.

Exactly, and people can waste as much time, effort and argument as they want, we are not going to be voted into the English league system.

For 20 years I've been hearing "in the next 10 years"

Fort Vallance

English football doesn't need us and i doubt they will want us, It's' Scottish football for us Scottish and Irish teams.

Fixed.

Decided to compare countries football attendances with similar populations.

Denmark, Finland, Slovakia and Norway have between 5.1M and 5.7M.

Scotland's average top flight attendances this season is 9,613. Hearts' average attendance in the league is 16,469.

Denmark 7,184

Norway 6,711

Slovakia 2,666

Finland 2,574

Only Rosenborg (18,039) and Celtic (44,321) had higher average top flight attendances than Hearts from these 5 countries.

Scotland does really well considering our size. If we had 10% of the TV money that England gets, it would be a far higher standard of league.

As for West Ham, their cheapest adult season ticket is only ?289, last season their cheapest was ?675. They are doing exactly what every EPL team should be doing to reward their fans for their loyalty, English football fans have been paying too much money to watch their teams for years. Now that English clubs have the big TV deal, they should be giving the fans something back. West Ham got a great deal for the Olympic Stadium, they've offered their fans cheap(er) season tickets and now they will be playing on front of a full stadium every fortnight instead of empty seats.

Unknown user

Scotland's average top flight attendances this season is 9,613. Hearts' average attendance in the league is 16,469.

Denmark 7,184

Norway 6,711

Slovakia 2,666

Finland 2,574

Only Rosenborg (18,039) and Celtic (44,321) had higher average top flight attendances than Hearts from these 5 countries.

Scotland does really well considering our size. If we had 10% of the TV money that England gets, it would be a far higher standard of league.

As for West Ham, their cheapest adult season ticket is only ?289, last season their cheapest was ?675. They are doing exactly what every EPL team should be doing to reward their fans for their loyalty, English football fans have been paying too much money to watch their teams for years. Now that English clubs have the big TV deal, they should be giving the fans something back. West Ham got a great deal for the Olympic Stadium, they've offered their fans cheap(er) season tickets and now they will be playing on front of a full stadium every fortnight instead of empty seats.

Great analysis, cheers

The Treasurer

Good post from Statto there, but one point I'd like to make.

In recent years West Ham have not played in front of many empty seats. This was part of the reason they looked to move to a bigger stadium in the first place.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I wonder if it will make Spurs, Chelsea and especially Arsenal start to wonder if their prices will put off a generation of new fans and they may have to think about similar pricing as a consequence. London is regionalised when it comes to who you support but if the Hammers are doing well then they could well draw fans from further afield.

Denmark 7,184

Norway 6,711

Slovakia 2,666

Finland 2,574

Now tell us about how those other teams got on in Europe.. Their highest transfer fees and their current top players and salaries..

What I am saying is the attendances seem to count for very little when the other TV money is so paltry

Unknown user

Now tell us about how those other teams got on in Europe.. Their highest transfer fees and their current top players and salaries..

What I am saying is the attendances seem to count for very little when the other TV money is so paltry

What you're saying is let's join a club that won't let us in.

It's not the most useful advice

The Treasurer

Good luck to West Ham tonight on what is sure to be an emotional night

C O Y I 

The Old Tolbooth

If they waste the candy on Benteke I'm gonna start supporting Spurs

:raging:

I seriously hope they do, I'm desperate to get rid of him [emoji3]

I'm not being funny, but I don't know how many ?275 season tickets there were. I certainly couldn't find any when I had a look for myself many months ago. Mostly, they're much much more. What I love though is the way they're building for the future with cheap kids tickets. They reckon there are 10k cheap kids seats sold in the 52k ST sales.

West Ham have the second most expensive season tickets in the EPL this season, and the same next season. The tax payer has been  fleeced in this Tory party stitch up and the owners stand to make millions. It's indefensible, but I suppose if you're West Ham you've got to try.

The Treasurer

West Ham have the second most expensive season tickets in the EPL this season, and the same next season. The tax payer has been  fleeced in this Tory party stitch up and the owners stand to make millions. It's indefensible, but I suppose if you're West Ham you've got to try.

Get over it.

West Ham did nothing wrong.

As Sullivan rightly says, West Ham's involvement has saved the taxpayer being lumbered with a very expensive white elephant.

As I said earlier, good luck to West Ham tonight, I hope that they give the old place the send off it deserves

C O Y I

What you're saying is let's join a club that won't let us in.

It's not the most useful advice

I'm sure we could join if we started in the lowest league (such as AFC Wimbledon and FC United)..

As for location then as Britain is one country I am sure we wouldn't have a great deal of problems (especially with 3 Welsh clubs already playing in that league)..

I want West Ham to win because it's their last game there.

I want Man.U to win to stop City getting to the CL.

:turmoil:

jack D and coke

If ever there was a video showing what a tinpot league we are in then that is it..

Both Bristol clubs to have over 25k seater new stadiums.. Bristol has similar population to Edinburgh..

There is nothing left for Scottish football.. In my opinion we need to merge with English football.. Either that or at least take the biggest clubs to there (like Wales) and leave the rest of them to battle it out..

In my opinion England could incorporate 5 teams in their system.. Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen. Then either a joint Dundee team or Hibs.. Even if we had to start in the bottom leagues while serving our notice to the SFA.. Work our way up..

I'm starting to think that if we don't find a way to do this then the game will wither and die up here. In any decent professional sense anyway.

I'm starting to think that if we don't find a way to do this then the game will wither and die up here. In any decent professional sense anyway.

The Scottish game is fine, my gripe is the administrators and those who run it. They are the ones responsible, imo.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

****ing sick of this West Ham, London media wankfest. Yeah, Upton Park was a fun ground. But at least have the dignity to go to your new taxpayer-subsidised stadium without boring the rest of us about it.

Get over it.

As Sullivan rightly says, West Ham's involvement has saved the taxpayer being lumbered with a very expensive white elephant.

As I said earlier, good luck to West Ham tonight, I hope that they give the old place the send off it deserves

C O Y I

Ha ha. The clubs crooked and you know it. Live with it. #50

Ha ha. The clubs crooked and you know it. Live with it. #50

and I meant to say. 50 notes for ST holders to take there seats home tonight. ****ing liberty.Tonight is West Ham's funeral, nothing less

Shooter McGavin

The Olympic stadium looks like a horrific place to watch a football match.

The Olympic stadium looks like a horrific place to watch a football match.

It does that, but at least the Iron's can comfort themselves by nipping into John Lewis and buying some cushions after the game. 

and I meant to say. 50 notes for ST holders to take there seats home tonight. ******* liberty.Tonight is West Ham's funeral, nothing less

Are you buying yours?

Dalstonjambo

and I meant to say. 50 notes for ST holders to take there seats home tonight. 

Would be interesting to see if HMFC did this how many people would buy them. Quite a smart idea for me. I'd hope we do something like this with the main stand. 

Are you buying yours?

No, because everybody knows us we're called Millwall

Unknown user

I'm sure we could join if we started in the lowest league (such as AFC Wimbledon and FC United)..

As for location then as Britain is one country I am sure we wouldn't have a great deal of problems (especially with 3 Welsh clubs already playing in that league)..

Nope, it would need the permission of the FAs involved, UEFA, and a vote from the teams in the English leagues, who have no reason to let us in, and many of whom are openly opposed to the idea.

If it was possible we wouldn't see the OF's arses for dust

Unknown user

Get over it.

C O Y I

Utter, utter bollocks.

The only options were NOT

A) hand it to West ham for next to nothing

B) watch it waste away

Tbh it's quite insulting that West ham fans keep claiming this is the case, that lands worth MILLIONS and could have been used for practically anything

Malinga the Swinga

Nice to see teh Hammersmfans living up to the 'Green Street' reputation and caning the Man Utd bus. Still, all in good spirits, or something like that.

socrates82

Let's just abolish Scotland altogether? Who needs unique leagues, cultures, events and so on. Let's just do exactly what England does because they're bigger than us. 

Make them play behind closed doors...that would be funny.

I remember a game in 1980 when I was a lad they played at the Boleyn behind closed doors. I listened to it on the radio. It was very strange

Nope, it would need the permission of the FAs involved, UEFA, and a vote from the teams in the English leagues, who have no reason to let us in, and many of whom are openly opposed to the idea.

If it was possible we wouldn't see the OF's arses for dust

It's been looked into by taking over a bankrupt club and relocating. The "Head Office" of the club needs to be in England meaning a facade in Berwick. The new club would hold the status of of wherever the bankrupt club were in the pyramid.

This really was an option post Romanov, pre Budge. Don't think it is any more.

It didn't need UEFA or votes, there are simple cross border rules that need to be complied with, that's all. The route is definitely open and clear. We could have taken our history with us.

I think Rangers had this opportunity but blew it. When they were relegated to last in our structure they could probably have manipulated themselves into the conference as a completely new entity as they actually are! They are so pompous however that the EPL would have only been "acceptable" and that, is simply not possible, even if (say) Bayern Munich wanted to play in the EPL!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a team beat the OF to it and maybe closed the door on them?

Unknown user

It's been looked into by taking over a bankrupt club and relocating. The "Head Office" of the club needs to be in England meaning a facade in Berwick. The new club would hold the status of of wherever the bankrupt club were in the pyramid.

This really was an option post Romanov, pre Budge. Don't think it is any more.

It didn't need UEFA or votes, there are simple cross border rules that need to be complied with, that's all. The route is definitely open and clear. We could have taken our history with us.

I think Rangers had this opportunity but blew it. When they were relegated to last in our structure they could probably have manipulated themselves into the conference as a completely new entity as they actually are! They are so pompous however that the EPL would have only been "acceptable" and that, is simply not possible, even if (say) Bayern Munich wanted to play in the EPL!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if a team beat the OF to it and maybe closed the door on them?

They weren't relegated, but that aside no, I don't personally think it would be wonderful for a Scottish team to move to England at all.

I don't believe it would be anywhere near as simple as you say either or there would surely be a precedence set by now

No, because everybody knows us we're called Millwall

So you're stealing a seat?

Bazzas right boot

Maybe the hibs support....

Archived