West Ham

TNCASTLE

50,000 season tickets sold! Just amazing. Quite clearly vindicated their risk of $2,500,000 rent on the Olympic Stadium.

Is there anything to learn from this I wonder?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50,000 season tickets sold! Just amazing. Quite clearly vindicated their risk of $2,500,000 rent on the Olympic Stadium.

Sell Tynecastle and rent Murrayfield.

I'm sold, let's do it.  50,000 season tickets will be a piece of piss.

:cornette:  What on Earth do you mean "anything to learn from this"?

What is there to learn? They're moving to a bigger stadium, so they reduced their season ticket prices to sell more. They offer some fairly priced tickets, so not surprising to see them sell quickly.

maroonlegions

What is there to learn? They're moving to a bigger stadium, so they reduced their season ticket prices to sell more. They offer some fairly priced tickets, so not surprising to see them sell quickly.

Sharks in suits??

Disco Dave

Get someone to build us a ?500 million stadium and rent it to us for buttons you mean? Would be nice if we could learn something from it but I think West Ham won the lottery there

Ian Beale

to sign Theo Walcott it's being said

?25 million

I heard we're swapping Sam Nicholson for Walcott .

IronJambo

52,000 season tickets.

Bazzas right boot

Get the tax payer to fund the stadium, bribe a few folk, get it for pennies and then sell some of the cheapest St in the league.

Simples,oH and get sky to fund ?10m + signings.

Don't think we can take much from that blue print tbh

132goals1958

I wouldn't say the ?2.5mil rent was a risk.

A steal more more like.

Buttons and bolts in relation to the season ticket income. Great bit of negotiation on their part. 

Unknown user

2.5 million ' s a risk??

50k tickets at 20 quid a pop is a million from one game.

They don't have to pay stewards, kiosk staff, police, maintenance, leccy, even things like the corner flags are supplied.

2.5 millions a bargain to be paying for that much prime real estate in London - risk my arse!

Jamhammer

If they waste the candy on Benteke I'm gonna start supporting Spurs

:raging:

to sign Theo Walcott it's being said

?25 million

Can't believe this guy's lasted so long at top level. He's effectively a sprinter.

Looking at the stadium, it looks shite, miles away from the pitch, doesn't even look like a club ground, will be fine if they are doing the business on the pitch but, if they're doing pish, crowds start to fall away it will be a real sad state of affairs.

Caspian Primrose

Sell Tynecastle and rent Murrayfield.

I'm sold, let's do it. 50,000 season tickets will be a piece of piss.

:cornette: What on Earth do you mean "anything to learn from this"?

:lol:

IronJambo

Looking at the stadium, it looks shite, miles away from the pitch, doesn't even look like a club ground, will be fine if they are doing the business on the pitch but, if they're doing pish, crowds start to fall away it will be a real sad state of affairs.

If you're referring to the OS in it's original state then you're correct. There has however, been lots of work done to it. Retractable seating has been installed to deal with the issue you speak of.

Radio Ga Ga

Here's what WHU are planning on doing to the Olympic Stadium.

Impressive, they must be spending ?millions on the upgrade, change all the seats to claret and blue, new hospitality areas etc etc

kingantti1874

No there's absolutely nothing to learn.. The get ?100m per annum from TV money and thus can afford to subsidise tickets.

Getintaethem

West Ham have always been one of Britains best supported clubs, years of mediocrity may have counted against attendances, but they have always had a bigger following in London than your "more fashionable" Arsenals and Chelsea's. A successful West Ham will shock English football.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

The retractable seating will take the seating close up to the pitch. It won't be like the stadium that was used in the Rugby World Cup last year.

Slim Anus

Here's hoping, shitehole club, shady wierdo owners and i've only ever met 1 normal West Ham supporter (and he thinks most Hammers are dicks as well).

Shanks said no

At the very end of that video nasty the new badge appears, absolutely hate it, sneaking London onto it, what next Olympic and make WHU even smaller?

Main thing to be learned is - get in the EPL

Maybe we are bigger than we think we are? West Ham have always been ( most of the time) #4 in the London pecking order.

They found out that they were bigger than THEY thought! This is what I learned.

In reality do our fans want English football as there is in fact a complicated and convoluted very long road to do this? I used to think this but not anymore.

If our progress continues I think we can win the league in the next 5 years. That'll do me thank you very much!

Bazzas right boot

Aye looks shite..... Really shit, thankfully we don't need to deal with a stadium like that..

Aye looks shite..... Really shit, thankfully we don't need to deal with a stadium like that..

Unlike normal places, they don't NEED crowds. In the grand order of EPL finances the gate receipts are no more than pin money.

Notwithstanding, because it is London with their giant population, unless the clubs are really gash, they will fill all stadia.

There would be 10 or more biggish clubs filling their various stadiums. A London "EPL" could be nearly as big as the existing EPL.

If that happened, guess where ALL the money would be! That would have crossed the minds of some of the greedier Chairmen.

All West Ham have done is said "look at us, we ARE a big four London team".

Unknown user

Maybe we are bigger than we think we are? West Ham have always been ( most of the time) #4 in the London pecking order.

They found out that they were bigger than THEY thought! This is what I learned.

In reality do our fans want English football as there is in fact a complicated and convoluted very long road to do this? I used to think this but not anymore.

If our progress continues I think we can win the league in the next 5 years. That'll do me thank you very much!

Sorry, what?

Risk? ?2.5 million a risk? In the EPL?

You'll be wanting Hibs to win things next...

Risk? ?2.5 million a risk? In the EPL?

You'll be wanting Hibs to win things next...

?2.5M is fair play money, it counts...and yes if Hibs winning something makes Edinburgh football better then yes.

No Derbys is a crap season.

Bazzas right boot

Im not sure about Transformers.

That's because they're in disguise, no one is sure....

Unknown user

?2.5M is fair play money, it counts...and yes if Hibs winning something makes Edinburgh football better then yes.

You said it was a risk though (I have no idea what fair play money is)

West Hams prize money for this year alone is more than 80 million, and that's completely ignoring the tens of millions from ticket income, sponsorship, merchandise, trading etc.

2.5 million a year as an all in cost for their home games is not a risk for West ham, it's a dream scenario!

Stephen Muddie

I learned that artificially inflating your club's stature by contracting top quality players to perennial diddies can, in highly populated urban areas, lead to massive increases in public interest.

In 2005, Hearts learned this and could have sold out Tynecastle twice over a lot of the time. My favourite thing about the inequalities in British football is that we all pay for them.

I learned that artificially inflating your league's stature by contracting top quality players to perennial diddies can, in highly populated urban areas, lead to massive increases in public interest.

In 2005, Hearts learned this and could have sold out Tynecastle twice over a lot of the time. My favourite thing about the inequalities in British football is that we all pay for them.

What are you on about?

FarmerTweedy

That if the government builds a huge white elephant of a stadium near a fairly big football club, that football club will have a good chance of being able to negotiate a cracking rent deal, flog their own ground, and do some really cheap season ticket deals to draw in new fans, without having to incur the difficulty, time, cost and risk involved in finding a suitable site, developing plans, getting approval, and actually building a new stadium themselves?

There are some cracking stadia in the pipeline in England.

If ever there was a video showing what a tinpot league we are in then that is it..

Both Bristol clubs to have over 25k seater new stadiums.. Bristol has similar population to Edinburgh..

There is nothing left for Scottish football.. In my opinion we need to merge with English football.. Either that or at least take the biggest clubs to there (like Wales) and leave the rest of them to battle it out..

In my opinion England could incorporate 5 teams in their system.. Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen. Then either a joint Dundee team or Hibs.. Even if we had to start in the bottom leagues while serving our notice to the SFA.. Work our way up..

We don't support Edinburgh football though, I want Heart of Midlothian to be a success, nobody else.

Stadium looks amazing, the Hammers have pulled off the East Ends biggest dodge ever by securing this for 2.5m a year.

The Treasurer

This just shows what a huge and loyal fanbase West Ham have.

Done nothing of note for years yet they continually sell out their current ground and look like doing the same at the new one.

All without relying on billionaire owners pumping silly money into their "toy franchise" to buy trophies, unlike some other clubs.

Can't believe this guy's lasted so long at top level. He's effectively a sprinter.

Chris Waddle hit the nail on the head years ago when he said Wallcott had no footballing intelligence.

Archived