Mark Warburton

Jambow7

HeartOfWestLothian

These awards should be held back until the end of the season when leagues and cup competitions have been decided. 

Winning the championship and challenge cup given their budget is hardly a feat. If he doesn't win the Scottish Cup now and has won manager of the year its a farce. Personally I thought McIntyre deserved it. 

Bazzas right boot

Going to look stupid if Hibs win the cup and get promoted.

Would grudgingly give it to the bread man if they win the cup.

Ross county dude was the safe bet, and also quite deserving.

Winning the championship , with the 2nd biggest budget in Scotland, winning that league is not manager of they year material.

Another reason why I hate all things old firm, the love in is in full flow. makes me sick.

Seymour M Hersh

Who should have won it then?

I'd have given it to Warburton tbh.

Plenty people are saying McIntyre at Ross County and I'd agree with them.

:laugh:

Nonsense.

Naysmith and Houston sound be nowhere near, Adams deserves credit but you can't be manager of the year just for winning 4 games.

Adams? Who's he?

amadjambo

Just won manager of the year in Scotland yet Neilson never last year and broke lots of records?! Actual joke the treatment the weegie scum teams get! Rangers are still worse this year with a massive budget than Hearts were last season!

Rangers have won a cup, in another cup final, and had a run in the LC. Pretty sure we did none of that last season.

Glamorgan Jambo

There's a reason for all the hype around Warburton. And it isn't anything to do with the notion that any EPL or upper level Championship club would be interested in him. They won't.

Someone wants him away from Ibrox asap. Most likely it's Warburton himself but there's a possibility that there's something in his contract that is unaffordable for next season.

We'll see what happens..

Rangers have won a cup, in another cup final, and had a run in the LC. Pretty sure we did none of that last season.

Pretty sure we never had the budget either!

Glamorgan Jambo

Are people really calling the Petrofac Cup a proper cup??? Fairly sure Grant Murray won it and Peter Houston got a championship club to the Scottish Cup final...

Yep. And your point is?

Its a lot easier with a bigger budget. Winning manager of the year with the 2nd largest budget in Scotland and winning a petrol can cup and maybe (hopefully) winning the SC whilst winning a league in a poorer fashion than us last season isnt that great. The achievements arent all that great when you have that budget. Win the one-off old firm game and hey ho youre manager of the year it seems. Cant be for any other reason.

amadjambo

Are people really calling the Petrofac Cup a proper cup??? Fairly sure Grant Murray won it and Peter Houston got a championship club to the Scottish Cup final...

It is a real cup. Not very prestigious, but it is real. Warburton getting mgr of the yr award isn't ridiculous. He's sorted out a right mess there to win the league and perhaps/hopefully the Scottish Cup too, beating Celtic on the way.

Robbie did a brilliant job last season, but he didn't achieve anything in the cups.

Bazzas right boot

They won the pertrofact cup, or whatever its called, give me a break.

They haven't won any other cups, Ross County had a better run in the LC....

If he wins the SC, then fair enough.

2nd highest budget in Scotland, won the 2nd tier. That's manager of the year stuff right there, with that Logic big Ronnie deserves it, he's won he top league.

If Hibs somehow win their first SC in 400 years, this award is going to look very silly.

Glamorgan Jambo

It is a real cup. Not very prestigious, but it is real. Warburton getting mgr of the yr award isn't ridiculous. He's sorted out a right mess there to win the league and perhaps/hopefully the Scottish Cup too, beating Celtic on the way.

Robbie did a brilliant job last season, but he didn't achieve anything in the cups.

I agree Warburton's done a good job but given the size of his budget in comparison to his league and Petrofac Cup rivals anything else would have been a failure on his part.

And yes they've had a great run in the Scottish Cup but in all honesty he's been given MOTY on the basis of beating Celtic in a Hampden semi final.

Bazzas right boot

Robbie won the league despite having the 3rd biggest budget and building a team from nothing!

That cup is nonsense , even then, Rangers should be winning that thing 100% of the time they probably have  the combined budget of all other teams that entered!

The biggest team winning the league is not that great an achievement.

You must be at the wind  up?

amadjambo

Robbie won the league despite having the 3rd biggest budget and building a team from nothing!

That cup is nonsense , even then, Rangers should be winning that thing 100% of the time they probably have the combined budget of all other teams that entered!

The biggest team winning the league is not that great an achievement.

You must be at the wind up?

I'm not saying the Petrofac Cup is important. :lol:

But they did win it, something Rangers had never managed before with bigger budgets.

He's won the award based on winning the league and getting to the SC Final after beating Celtic. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I'm sure if Hearts had done the same Robbie would have won the award.

A_A wehatethehibs

He has done well, interesting to note the similarity between what's happened to their team in the games after meeting their target of promotion, 4 games without a win.

Very similar to us both last season after winning it and this season after securing europe, but apparently in Robbie's case it's "the managers joab tae motervate the players" even though the games are meaningless, the target has been met, and there is nothing of substance to actually motivate the players.

For the award, I would have said McIntyre deserves it as he operates on an absolute shoestring unlike Warburton and has delivered a first ever major honour for his club. I think it's the treble prospect and celtic result which has tipped it in Warburtons favour, along with the sfa establishment all being rangers fans.

Bazzas right boot

I'm not saying the Petrofac Cup is important. :lol:

But they did win it, something Rangers had never managed before with bigger budgets.

He's won the award based on winning the league and getting to the SC Final after beating Celtic. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I'm sure if Hearts had done the same Robbie would have won the award.

You kind of are/ where... ( you use it to make your point in support of the Bread man and his award)

Other Rangers managers underachieved or never gave it priority, this doesn't make Rangers winning that cup in any way, shape or form an achievement for them.

Plenty of small teams with smaller budgets have beaten Celtic, Ross county put them out of a semi final and then won the cup, more than what the bread man has done.

If they win the cup, then its hard to argue, it would have been an achievement, although with by far the 2nd highest budget, it's not quite the underdog story the media will have us believe.

Not quite sure on the last point.

If Hibs get promoted and  win the cup, it will look silly and imo, reflect poorly again on the decision makers at Scottish football, again.

Not a big deal, but if he won it because he won the league, the daft cup and beat Celtic, it's a joke of a call. IMO.

i wish jj was my dad

Are you serious

Damn right.

McIntyre has won a major domestic trophy. Houstie has finished above Hubs with a fraction of their budget.  AJ finished 18 points above their nearest rivals without the advantages Warburton enjoys and there has been a massive improvement at East Fife.

Scottish football can't see past the bigots though.

BRAVEHEART1874

Well they certainly were not going to give diela it after failing to qualify for champions league stages and sacked/ leaving or whatever so absolutely no surprise who won it it's common sense really but maybe we can go to court and appeal it who knows ;)

Ibrahim Tall

Adams? Who's he?

Derek Adams, meant Jim McIntryre. Mixed the two for some reason.

Mysterion

The problem i suspect most people have with Warburton winning the award is less about him deserving it and more about the media fawning over him. 

He has done well but this award means sweet FA in the grand scheme of things except where the media are concerned and he's the new "yardstick" for football management.

First shot at a club down South and watch the guy pick up a half dozen speeding tickets tanking it down the motorway... 

If Jim McIntyre was Rangers manager they would still win the second division . If Warburton was Ross Co manager would they have won the LC ? Discuss.

amadjambo

You kind of are/ where... ( you use it to make your point in support of the Bread man and his award)

Other Rangers managers underachieved or never gave it priority, this doesn't make Rangers winning that cup in any way, shape or form an achievement for them.

Plenty of small teams with smaller budgets have beaten Celtic, Ross county put them out of a semi final and then won the cup, more than what the bread man has done.

If they win the cup, then its hard to argue, it would have been an achievement, although with by far the 2nd highest budget, it's not quite the underdog story the media will have us believe.

Not quite sure on the last point.

If Hibs get promoted and win the cup, it will look silly and imo, reflect poorly again on the decision makers at Scottish football, again.

Not a big deal, but if he won it because he won the league, the daft cup and beat Celtic, it's a joke of a call. IMO.

If Hibs win the cup, get promoted, and having already made it to the LC Final, then I think it would have been reasonable for Stubbs to win the award. But these awards are dished out before all trophies are decided which makes it difficult.

Hibs won't win the cup or get promoted anyway.

Are Hun lovers on here really using the Petrofac cup as part of the justification for Warburton winning this award?

How it can be decided with so much to play for.

Rangers win cup and yes he deserves it.

Falkirk come up and rangers don't win the cup then Houston deserves it

If the worst happens and Stubbs pulls a double out the bag it would be hard to argue. But that's not going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangers win SC as well as Championship and Training Cup- Warburton deserves it.

Hibs win SC and come up - Stubbs deserves it.

Hibs win SC but stay down - McIntyre deesrves it.

Just won manager of the year in Scotland yet Neilson never last year and broke lots of records?! Actual joke the treatment the weegie scum teams get! Rangers are still worse this year with a massive budget than Hearts were last season!

Our poor performance in the cups probably accounted for RN not winning last year.

I think it's deserved getting to the cup final and hopefully winning it, on top of the league and the mini cup is a good makes him a clear choice.

Does he deserve it? I am not sure.

Given how his predecessors have done (including the talked up McCall), he has improved them hugely, so he probably does deserve at least short listed.

Ye he could probably hit a meen penalty

and you could get Matthew Mark Luke & John to take the other 4

soonbe110

There's a reason for all the hype around Warburton. And it isn't anything to do with the notion that any EPL or upper level Championship club would be interested in him. They won't.

Someone wants him away from Ibrox asap. Most likely it's Warburton himself but there's a possibility that there's something in his contract that is unaffordable for next season.

We'll see what happens..

He is a fan of Z Cars. That's where he is headed.

Unfortunately my old boy* buys The Sun so that's where I saw this mentioned.

Did this story make the English print, or only the Scottish one?

*Promise - not me.....

Bazzas right boot

Our poor performance in the cups probably accounted for RN not winning last year.

I think it's deserved getting to the cup final and hopefully winning it, on top of the league and the mini cup is a good makes him a clear choice.

They have the 2nd biggest budget, the dafty cup shouldn't even come in to it, if he wins the SC  then maybe, but he hasn't won a major honour with bar far the 2nd biggest wage budget in the country. He  is by no way a clear choice unless you wear red, white and blue and are a slavering goon ( aka, Rangers fan)

Does he deserve it? I am not sure.

Given how his predecessors have done (including the talked up McCall), he has improved them hugely, so he probably does deserve at least short listed.

Maybe aye, but probably not.

Rangers win SC as well as Championship and Training Cup- Warburton deserves it.

Hibs win SC and come up - Stubbs deserves it.

Hibs win SC but stay down - McIntyre deesrves it.

Quite simple.

Bazzas right boot

Are Hun lovers on here really using the Petrofac cup as part of the justification for Warburton winning this award?

Far too many of them as well!

amadjambo

Nobody has used the Petrofac Cup as justification for anything. It has been brought up as an aside to the main points.

I agree, these awards are given far too early. Still time for others to stake a real claim.

soonbe110

Unfortunately my old boy* buys The Sun so that's where I saw this mentioned.

Did this story make the English print, or only the Scottish one?

*Promise - not me.....

Dont know but the Times today virtually confirms Martinez is gone. Warburton is a good fit for them. And he would be much closer to wife and kids. And he would earn maybe fives times his current salary. His assistant is very highly thought of at Goodison as well. Could just be a journo speculating, who knows.

We'll see what happens..

The manager of the year award was voted for by his peers. Football managers colluding to get rid of him, are they?

Glamorgan Jambo

There is zero chance of Everton or any EPL club taking a risk on Warburton. The money they'd lose if an unproven coach got them relegated is huge.

Glamorgan Jambo

The manager of the year award was voted for by his peers. Football managers colluding to get rid of him, are they?

I get that.

I'm talking about the constant hype in the media. He's achieved nothing that would make an EPL, or even large Championship, club consider him.

Are the people on here bumming Warburton up the same people that say Neilson deserves no credit for winning the championship last season?

Genuine question.

Are the people on here bumming Warburton up the same people that say Neilson deserves no credit for winning the championship last season?

Genuine question.

I'm not sure if any of these people exist on the forum, i think you read something and take it whatever way suits you best.

If Neilson had led us to the Scottish cup final last year he'd have won it no problem.

But the GFA saw to that giving us Celtic in both cups.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

I think so, but the way I see it it only took the c---- 4 years and they didn't exactly do it in style plus by their celebrations you think it was the champions league the yes won

CollyWolly

Genuine question.

To get a 'genuine' answer I suppose you'd have to actually find a poster who actually said he didn't deserve credit for it. Good luck with that.

Archived