Question....

Jambosimmy

Jambosimmy

I was at the pub with my mate who is a celtic fan last night.. we were discussing as you do at this point transfer speculation and obviously the might JT's were mentioned.

When discussing last seasons performance he said we deserved the position we finished in. I di dnot disagree as the table doesnt lie. We were awful in the majority of the games last seasons.

He then went on to say that he sees us now as another aberdeen or motherwell in terms on quality of team.

My argument last night was that if there was a manager in place from start to finish the team we have/had would have been good enough to finish 3rd.

Now, he disagreed with me on the basis that we had no goalscorer and the quality of player we have at out disposal is p^^s.

I wondered what everyone thought on this matter.

We have NO goalscorer

We have NO manager

We have NO chance of getting third, third bottom maybe.

Your Celtic mate is spot on.

Whilst every other team is building for next season it would seem we are off loading and letting the close season drift by without any effort or thought to the new campaign.

Peter Olivers Army

We do have the quality there to finish 3rd but like any workplace, if the bosses are away little gets done.

Those that are good performers normally will bang away at their own task but will not be happy at others lazing around. Other potential performers need a big-stick to keep them in line.

Our record up to the split from the new year was worth 3rd, when we finally had someone in charge, never mind the quality.

As for not having goalscorers, imagine if and it's a BIG if, we had a fit and focussed Nade & Pinilla up front.

Jambosimmy
We do have the quality there to finish 3rd but like any workplace, if the bosses are away little gets done.

Those that are good performers normally will bang away at their own task but will not be happy at others lazing around. Other potential performers need a big-stick to keep them in line.

Our record up to the split from the new year was worth 3rd, when we finally had someone in charge, never mind the quality.

As for not having goalscorers, imagine if and it's a BIG if, we had a fit and focussed Nade & Pinilla up front.

I do dream!! you are spot on. as you say we were 3rd in the form table from jan right up to the split so it goes to show that although we may not be playing the best, we still have the quality and under decent management and a couple of new players next season we shoudl be looking to secure 3rd without a problem!!:)

Definition of focused and fit.

Nade, " I can't wait to get to McDonalds"

Pinilla, " Probably wont be anywhere near match fit this season "

Guest JamboRobbo

And imagine if we had Ronaldo on the wing and Ferguson in the dugout. Lets face it, there is more chance of that happening than Nade & Pinilla being fit and focussed......

Gigolo-Aunt

We were honking last year, we finished where we deserved.

In fact, honking is being kind.

I'd be quite flattered that they think we're even as good as Motherwell or the Dons to be honest.....!

Your mate was right,

If managed properly, and on their game, then we have Berra, Kingston, Jonnson & Driver, possibly Nade and Pinilla, if both fit :confused:

The rest would be squad players for the rest of the SPL at best.

The guy is right

The disappointing thing is in the Burley season I had Celtic fans saying we were more of a threat than Rangers, and our games with them had reached a new high of difficulty AND importance

How times have changed. Sad....

shaun.lawson
I was at the pub with my mate who is a celtic fan last night.. we were discussing as you do at this point transfer speculation and obviously the might JT's were mentioned.

When discussing last seasons performance he said we deserved the position we finished in. I di dnot disagree as the table doesnt lie. We were awful in the majority of the games last seasons.

He then went on to say that he sees us now as another aberdeen or motherwell in terms on quality of team.

My argument last night was that if there was a manager in place from start to finish the team we have/had would have been good enough to finish 3rd.

Now, he disagreed with me on the basis that we had no goalscorer and the quality of player we have at out disposal is p^^s.

I wondered what everyone thought on this matter.

Motherwell finished 3rd. Aberdeen finished 4th. At no point in our modern history have we ever been consistently better than this - and I'd take a top four finish happily, as it'd be a sign we were getting back to respectability!

Archived