Next Season

stevie1874

After listening to the radio after the semi final today, made me think that next season is massive for Scottish football in general as all the chat was about if Celtic or The Rangers will win the league. Aberdeen, ourselves & all other teams were just discounted and the only question was which one of the arse cheeks will win the league. Just hope all the premier teams realise that the Glasgow 2 are not what they used to be and go and have a go at them as it could be a good league.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we will win the league next year.

I genuinely do.

But for two key injuries this season we'd still be challenging for this year currently.

Neither Celtic or Rangers will improve massively from this year but 3 key and astute signings and we will.

I don't much care if the media or our own fans discount it.

I genuinely do.

But for two key injuries this season we'd still be challenging for this year currently.

Neither Celtic or Rangers will improve massively from this year but 3 key and astute signings and we will.

That's a combination of utter nonsense and supreme optimism.

I genuinely do.

Hope your right, I think we're a couple of players away from league winners but if we hold onto our best and add a couple of gems you never know. Also I'd rather we had a right go away from home even if it means we lose a couple of games along the way.

FenderJaguar7

Don't hold back on how you really feel lol

We've won 6 away games out of 17 scoring just 21 goals.

There is not a hope in hell Hearts win THE league under Neilson.

We will have to make significant signings AND keep our better younger players to be ahead of Rangers. Today's result will see Celtic with a new management team with a big budget to appease the fans. Status quo will be resumed.

Clerry Jambo

We need to be better on the road for a start and winning in Glasgow but we can only truly access our chances after summer signings are in.

I genuinely do.

being optimistic I'll never say we can't win the league as strange things can happen in football, but my god i will be absolutely shocked, we'd need to get 4 or 5 absolutely spot on signings hit the ground running, can't see it happening.

Celtic and rangers will improve over the summer, celtic will not risk Ronny bombscare letting Rangers win the League first time of asking, probably end up bringing back Lemon.

I genuinely do.

Any chance you can pop along to riccarton pre season and give that speech?

Jambo 4 Ever

We have more chance of winning if rangers don't win the cup - as then they will be in Europe too and can attract a better player

They are the 'biggest' clubs with the most money, so not unexpected for them to be seen as favourites. But it makes beating them even better, and the shock waves we'd send if we finished 1st... I'm really quite excited for next season if we improve even more in the summer.

We need 5 quality players to get close. It's possible with the wages that will be freed up with players leaving and the much better financial position we were in compared with last summer.

Celtic and rangers will improve over the summer, celtic will not risk Ronny bombscare letting Rangers win the League first time of asking, probably end up bringing back Lemon.

I doubt Lennon would return with Lawell still there. Even if Celtic get a new manager most of their duds are on long term big money deals.

We need 5 quality players to get close. It's possible with the wages that will be freed up with players leaving and the much better financial position we were in compared with last summer.

5 quality players to get close? Too many people already believing the hype about Rangers.

To be fair. Lennon had a bomb scare too.

5 quality players to get close? Too many people already believing the hype about Rangers.

No, to get close to Celtic. A proflific striker, 2 centre backs (if it's 3 at the back), a left back and an attacking mid/ wide player needed.

Watt-Zeefuik

No, to get close to Celtic. A proflific striker, 2 centre backs (if it's 3 at the back), a left back and an attacking mid/ wide player needed.

Why two CBs and a LB?  Where does Rossi end up?  Or is this just for depth?

gowestjambo

It will not matter how many new signings we have. Until our mentality matches rangers and celtic we will never win the League.

Playing for 1-0 wins by defending for the last 20 minutes does not win League titles.

It will not matter how many new signings we have. Until our mentality matches rangers and celtic we will never win the League.

Playing for 1-0 wins by defending for the last 20 minutes does not win League titles.

Whisper it, but we'd need, amongst other things, a managerial change or an approach and attitude change by the current manager to win the league

Rangers looked definite top 4 material to me today, and have done just about every other time I have watched them under Warburton, and that's before the transfer window opens. The top 3 in the SPFL are no great shakes but significantly better than the other 9. It wouldn't take a huge spend and a huge turnover of players by Rangers to produce a title winning team out of what they currently have.

LarrysRightFoot

Rangers looked definite top 4 material to me today, and have done just about every other time I have watched them under Warburton, and that's before the transfer window opens. The top 3 in the SPFL are no great shakes but significantly better than the other 9. It wouldn't take a huge spend and a huge turnover of players by Rangers to produce a title winning team out of what they currently have.

I think you are vastly overrating the current Rangers team. Yes they beat Celtic in today's semi but ICT and Ross County have done the same.

That Rangers team lacks any kind of depth and look as though they lack guile. Their defence is also poor.

The current side would still be probably 4th this season IMO but closer to St.J and Motherwell than us.

The physical demands of the Premiership are far greater than the Championship and that cannot be underestimated.

This is irrelevant though as they will sign at least 6 players in the summer.

Fozzyonthefence

I agree.  I think today was a wake up call for anyone deluded enough to think Rangers might struggle to make the top 6 let alone the top 2 or 3.

jamboinglasgow

really? I disagree and speaking to friends who are Rangers fans they say they really need to rebuild over the summer to ensure they are pushing.

I think it will be close between Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Us next season. Celtic will be interesting to see as they are going backwards so need to change management in the summer and move on quite a few players and replace them. Aberdeen will maintain the strength (unless McInnes goes in the summer.) We will strengthen, we are a more attractive propostition then we were at the beginning of the season so sign even better. 

In a few years time. Most SPFL teams will be financially sound and well run. I think theres a little light at the end of the tunnel.

I do believe though, if a big bucks money man buys Rangers or it turns out that Dave King has money then the gap will reverse again, sadly.

Ok.

I appreciate that the populist position to take this season was that Neilson lost us games/points.

However, it is a fact that we lost most points when Walker and Ozturk were both out injured - indeed before they were both officially out they played with their injuries for a few games.

Whilst the angry amongst us might want to deny it, it certainly seems to me - and if you are being honest the performances and wins gained since Walker and Ozturk came back - suggest that if they hadn't both been out for the best part of 3 months we'd have had at least 10-12 more points.

You can't say that's nonsense because their impact has been so noticeable.

I am not saying Robbie is perfect. But that said he will be a year better by next year.

If we keep Oz and Jamie and add a very good striker and another 2 key additions we can win the league.

Genuinely - tell me what is nonsense about any of that?

being optimistic I'll never say we can't win the league as strange things can happen in football, but my god i will be absolutely shocked, we'd need to get 4 or 5 absolutely spot on signings hit the ground running, can't see it happening.

Even in this - from your perspective - pish season we hit the ground running with 5 wins.

We will start next season with a stronger squad and we'll have had competitive euro games.

Of course we can hit the ground running.

Jesus - both seasons with Robbie as manager we have started the season brilliantly.

A change in manager will not guarantee that Celtic improve.

Rangers will be top 6 next season but that squad will not win the SPL. Remains to be seen just how much cash they have to spend. It will be mostly free transfers though.

I genuinely doubt lower league English players will win the SPL.

Listening to the bollocks and sanctimonious worship spoken and printed by the media explains why Scottish football is on the whole rubbish. It's all about the so called return of the Old Firm it's what they've been craving for and its (Old firm rivalry) return will anchor Scottish football in the doldrums of mediocrity for decades to come.

Correct - let's not forget Rangers drew with what a lot of people on here have called the weakest Celtic team ever.

Indeed the same people bumming Rangers today have slated Robbie for only drawing with them twice this season.

Agendas eh? Who need them?

Mate - I presume but I might be wrong - that you are probably one of the people that have discounted what we did last season because we were playing pish part time teams.

Well Rangers have been playing worse more pish teams this season.

So, they drew with Celtic today (who missed and open goal and hit the woodwork twice)?

It genuinely says **** all about them.

In a derby even the donkey team can get a result every now and again....

gashauskis9

Dare to dream chief, nothing wrong with what he/she posted. I reckon we're 3 players away from having a league winning side. Everything else is in place.

I think you are vastly overrating the current Rangers team. Yes they beat Celtic in today's semi but ICT and Ross County have done the same.

That Rangers team lacks any kind of depth and look as though they lack guile. Their defence is also poor.

The current side would still be probably 4th this season IMO but closer to St.J and Motherwell than us.

The physical demands of the Premiership are far greater than the Championship and that cannot be underestimated.

This is irrelevant though as they will sign at least 6 players in the summer.

They didn't beat them - they drew.

Folk know that what is printed in newspapers or said on the radio has absolutely no bearing on what happens on the pitch, right? If anything, the media being dismissive of us should give us an edge and a point to prove.

Dare to dream chief, nothing wrong with what he/she posted. I reckon we're 3 players away from having a league winning side. Everything else is in place.

Cheers but I think 'dream' undermines the point.

The SPL is a winnable league for us next season.

gashauskis9

Cheers but I think 'dream' undermines the point.

The SPL is a winnable league for us next season.

You know what I meant!

You know what I meant!

No, I know. Wasn't a dig.

Some chumps really over about Rangers drawing with Celtic.

Extraordinary really.

I hope we win the league just to put it up all those who want Levein, Ann and Robbie gone after all they have done so far.

I know that plenty on here are trespassing where they don't belong.

Others do it because the highlight of their day is people they don't know giving them attention for intentionally being a *****.

But I believe we are building something here and I see the failings in the team that go way beyond the management. The bigger picture of youth, experience, long term building, new players to a new country, the effect of injuries and suspensions in game and long term. Too many people completely narrow minded wanting to put blame on just one thing because they know nothing about football.

LarrysRightFoot

They didn't beat them - they drew.

Oofft!

Ok they knocked Celtic out of the Cup.

Ok.

I appreciate that the populist position to take this season was that Neilson lost us games/points.

However, it is a fact that we lost most points when Walker and Ozturk were both out injured - indeed before they were both officially out they played with their injuries for a few games.

Whilst the angry amongst us might want to deny it, it certainly seems to me - and if you are being honest the performances and wins gained since Walker and Ozturk came back - suggest that if they hadn't both been out for the best part of 3 months we'd have had at least 10-12 more points.

I am not saying Robbie is perfect. But that said he will be a year better by next year.

If we keep Oz and Jamie and add a very good striker and another 2 key additions we can win the league.

Bang on! If we manage to keep most of the current team and add a couple of quality players for next season we will be serious challengers. Anyone that thinks we're miles away are obviously still hurting from the hibs games

Ok.

What is nonsense is that we can start shipping points when two players are out yet we're serious challengers when those players are in.

If you accept that the best equipped team generally win the league. I can't think of any exceptions in Scotland off the top of my head. By best equipped I mean a combination of manager, squad and psyche.

We have an inexperienced manager with a cautious approach, especially away from home. We would either have to change the manager or change the approach away from home. The away record has to get much MUCH better to seriously challenge. It's on a par with ordinary teams in this league. It's ordinary and that's no where near good enough.

We have a squad which is still a work in progress and has holes in it. At left back, in attacking midfield, in the striking department and some would say in goal. We'd have to adequately fill those holes with real quality. The squad overall will have to at least match the rivals squads overall.

Like it or not, Rangers and Celtic have an aura about them. A winners aura. It's part of their psyche and it sees them through games that teams with less aura and psyche, that's us, don't win. Unless we can develop that or be better in other areas, such as squad or manager, that's a hell of a mountain to climb.

We can't and won't win the league from where we are now, compared with where the competitors are now and will be at the star of the season. We don't and won't have a good enough manager, a good enough squad or the psyche to make up for the shortfall.

Sorry but we won't win it. We're not ready. Not even close to ready.

It still takes a special mentality to win the league.

It's maybe a bit harsh but we couldn't even impose ourselves properly at ICT last week just to keeps tabs on 2nd.

Long way to go in nurturing our mindset but we've definitely got the ability and set a decent level of consistency in our first season back.

We really need to find more ruthlessness though and be aware when we need to take the game to the opposition at times when we desperately need points.

What is nonsense is that we can start shipping points when two players are out yet we're serious challengers when those players are in.

If you accept that the best equipped team generally win the league. I can't think of any exceptions in Scotland off the top of my head. By best equipped I mean a combination of manager, squad and psyche.

We have an inexperienced manager with a cautious approach, especially away from home. We would either have to change the manager or change the approach away from home. The away record has to get much MUCH better to seriously challenge.

We have a squad which is still a work in progress and has holes in it. At left back, in attacking midfield, in the striking department and some would say in goal. We'd have to adequately fill those holes with real quality. The squad overall will have to at least match the rivals squads overall.

Like it or not, Rangers and Celtic have an aura about them. A winners aura. It's part of their psyche and it sees them through games that teams with lease aura and psyche, that's us, don't win. Unless we can develop that or be better in other areas, such as squad or manager, that's a hell of a mountain to climb.

We can't and won't win the league from where we are now, compared with where the competitors are now and will be at the star of the season. We don't and won't have a good enough manager, a good enough squad or the psyche to make up for the shortfall.

Ive never understood why Hearts would fear anyone home or away?

Once JJ got his feet back under the table in his second spell, I think we won something like 8 out of our opening 9 away matches in his first full season.

He maybe still slipped up against the Old Firm but he didn't send his team out cautiously against the rest. He expressed to his team the positivity and belief needed away from Tynie.

Oofft!

Ok they knocked Celtic out of the Cup.

Over 90 mins and 120 mins they drew with Celtic - exactly the same results that chunks of JKB slated Neilson for....

Now Rangers draw with Celtic and they are to be feared.

You get the point surely?

We have an inexperienced manager with a cautious approach, especially away from home. We would either have to change the manager or change the approach away from home. The away record has to get much MUCH better to seriously challenge. It's on a par with ordinary teams in this league. It's ordinary and that's no where near good enough.

Like it or not, Rangers and Celtic have an aura about them. A winners aura. It's part of their psyche and it sees them through games that teams with less aura and psyche, that's us, don't win. Unless we can develop that or be better in other areas, such as squad or manager, that's a hell of a mountain to climb.

Did you read my post?

I'm talking about filling those precise holes. And I believe we will.

Whatever you think about Robbie with say 3 better quality players in that team our away results will improve.

Match-winners.

Every team that wins the league needs match-winners.

Walker is one. We need another two. One a striker and an attacking midfielder.

No.

Why?

Obtuse *******.

You really just go with whatever you want ignoring any logic or fact in all of your posts eh? :lol:

Archived