Administration (merged threads)

Ryan Gosling

Why would anyone actually even get remotely annoyed about this when it is clearly ANOTHER unsubstantiated rumour that the intial rumour was a rumour started by some rumourmongers in the Hibs board who thought starting a rumour about Hearts would be a good idea?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told earlier this year by a senior figure behind the scenes at Hearts that a lot of the negative rumours flying around orginate from within Easter Rd.

It was generated by the Hibs boardroom. Someone I know well and has strong links to the directors at Hibs confirmed this to me. Initially, sometime before christmas, he had tried to push the rumour on me and I had told him it sounded like nonsense.

Later, after a lengthy debate regarding Romanovs intentions, he admitted that the rumour was designed by Hibs to detract from the positive aspects of an imminent announcement (stadium redevelopment) and instead to divert supporters attention to the negative connotations (increased debt). This was in the hope that the plans would be opposed by supporters.

FTH

The story sounds like a load of codswallop to me but then again, it might go some way to explaining why a family friend ended up telling me rumours about this last Saturday evening. He's a senior police officer of some description and was overseeing things at Easter Road in the afternoon...by 6pm he was convinced that Hearts were going into administration and while he didn't say as much, I got the distinct impression that the source(s) of this gossip were fairly good. I just thought it was the police people gossipping but hey, you never know.

It's ludicrous and far-fetched, but I would dearly like to think that we bother them that much. It's really quite satisfying.

So we now have a fresh rumour about a rumour, A metarumour so to speak.

It doesn't even make any sense. Why would the Hibs board be trying to manipulate opinion amongst someone elses customer base.

If you'd suggested that they purposely floated this story in an effort to deflect attention from their own problems (Best players being offloadedm Still no league wins since rememberance weekend, Losing yet another manager and replacing him by poaching the one from Cowdenbeath etc...) then I might just have given your rumour some credence but

"the rumour was designed by Hibs to detract from the positive aspects of an imminent announcement (stadium redevelopment) and instead to divert supporters attention to the negative connotations (increased debt). This was in the hope that the plans would be opposed by supporters."

just looks silly

It's quite clear that many fans of the weeteam are fixated with events at Tynecastle but to suggest that their board is obsessed as well is ludicrous.

Maybe it was started by the Hobos board as they were angry that we were spreading rumours that in fact the Hibees are Gay?!

Load of tosh if you ask me...but nobody did:mad:

Even if this is true.

Are we supposed to be annoyed or surprised that rival clubs are willing to start and spread rumours in order to destabalise other clubs?

Lets not try to gain any moral highground by suggesting we are offended by this.

It's more likely sponsored by the 'inner sanctum', or arsehole if you like, of bitters.net. Either way it shows this development is upsetting and scaring them as it is proof positive that our ambitious board will not rest at financial equilibrium.

We build it, we have to fill it. To do so will take some decent offers on season tickets AND a team to attract the fans. It's the first building block in us breaking free of our current restrictive shackles and moving beyond what their club can offer.

They KNOW this and that is why these silly rumours gathered speed. If they could get away with tearing it down, brick by brick, as it goes up - they would.

And, just to ram this home, what happened to THEIR redevelopment proposals that could have started, like right now chaps - well as soon as Petrie had fetched his hard-hat and a spade?

Oh, right, after all their bluster it's actually hibernian fc that indulge in PR campaigns and vapourware. Strange that!

Maroon Mayhem

If a Hibby, any Hibby, says to another "I've heard that the receivers are being called in on Monday", said second Hibby won't analyse the information, instead he'll be pashin himself to tell the rest of his mates.

Hearts debt will always spark rumours like this, lets not forget the kids didnt get paid, Copil was off, Branny was off etc etc etc.

Doubt it came from a high level personally becuase it's so easy to spread.

It was generated by the Hibs boardroom. Someone I know well and has strong links to the directors at Hibs confirmed this to me. Initially, sometime before christmas, he had tried to push the rumour on me and I had told him it sounded like nonsense.

:rolleyes: Aye, of course. Hibs are scared that Hearts will get their stand completed first, so they come up with some hairbrained plan to start a vicious rumour.

OR

Rod Petrie could just click his fingers, and start work on Easter Road's east stand immediately, given that planning permission for this has long since been granted and the funds are available.

I know which I think would be more likely...

:rolleyes: Aye, of course. Hibs are scared that Hearts will get their stand completed first, so they come up with some hairbrained plan to start a vicious rumour.

OR

Rod Petrie could just click his fingers, and start work on Easter Road's east stand immediately, given that planning permission for this has long since been granted and the funds are available.

Why hasn't he?

Seriously, if it was all so easy for the vermin, then why hasn't he just clicked his fingers?

Wasn't going to post this but i heard a rumour at the weekend that Rod the Mouser and STF have been doing a little creative accounting funds at ER and the clubs going into administration on the 18th.... honest.

Heard from guy at work that supposedly Gary McKay is John Rankins agent and he told him to join Hibs instead of us because of our increased money problems. I dont believe it personally but the guy was very insistant that it was true. Plus he is one of us and no a Hobo!!

It's more likely sponsored by the 'inner sanctum', or arsehole if you like, of bitters.net. Either way it shows this development is upsetting and scaring them as it is proof positive that our ambitious board will not rest at financial equilibrium.

We build it, we have to fill it. To do so will take some decent offers on season tickets AND a team to attract the fans. It's the first building block in us breaking free of our current restrictive shackles and moving beyond what their club can offer.

They KNOW this and that is why these silly rumours gathered speed. If they could get away with tearing it down, brick by brick, as it goes up - they would.

And, just to ram this home, what happened to THEIR redevelopment proposals that could have started, like right now chaps - well as soon as Petrie had fetched his hard-hat and a spade?

Oh, right, after all their bluster it's actually hibernian fc that indulge in PR campaigns and vapourware. Strange that!

Best post on new JKB so far !

Why hasn't he?

Seriously, if it was all so easy for the vermin, then why hasn't he just clicked his fingers?

Wasn't going to post this but i heard a rumour at the weekend that Rod the Mouser and STF have been doing a little creative accounting funds at ER and the clubs going into administration on the 18th.... honest.

Only The Great Tache knows the answer to this. Suspect East Mains work was first priority. East stand is next.

All I'm saying is I think the rumour coming from Rod Petrie or anyone else on the board is a big pile of nonsense.

"Sniff" "Sniff"

Yep ******!.

Maybe that he told him to go to the flumps where he would have more chance of a game.

OR

Just click his fingers? What is he, Dorothy from Kansas?

Vapourware, and you know it. Just like your 'bid' for Naismith.

Why? Hearts are not even quoted in the 3 SPL clubs after the boy FFS.

It's a choice between Hubz, Falkirk & St Midden.

Do you really expect people to believe this rubbish?

Try harder next time you go fishing.

Heard from guy at work that supposedly Gary McKay is John Rankins agent and he told him to join Hibs instead of us because of our increased money problems. I dont believe it personally but the guy was very insistant that it was true. Plus he is one of us and no a Hobo!!

Think it will be join Hibs as opposed to Falkirk and St Mirren - he'll get bigger wages and the fee will be better. Thus GM will receive better commision :)

However does anyone actually know if GM is Rankins agent.

Hearts aren't interested in signing that huddy.

St Mirren and Falkirk are the Hobos competition for him FFS.

The 'rumour' is garbage. More Hobo bulls***.

Normally before a company seeks administration they do something along the lines of submitting plans to rebuild a large part of their premises.

Yup, standard practice.

Jog on hobo.

Just click his fingers? What is he, Dorothy from Kansas?

Vapourware, and you know it. Just like your 'bid' for Naismith.

Difference between East Stand and Naisy?

The planning permission is in, and approved. Petrie himself has made noises about the East Stand development at the AGM.

Naisy was a rumour, and I don't have to ask all your opinions about those at the moment.

Only The Great Tache knows the answer to this. Suspect East Mains work was first priority. East stand is next.

All I'm saying is I think the rumour coming from Rod Petrie or anyone else on the board is a big pile of nonsense.

STF and the mouser have been fleecing the vermin for years..... you heard it here first.

The Old Tolbooth
If this is the case (and am somewhat doubtful TBH) then that is a shocking piece of scaremongering by the so called professional people at Hibs. Never realised that they would stoop so low.

:mad:

It's hobos mate, what do you expect from the vermin?

portobellojambo1

Strange that, because Hearts have never had an interest in signing John Rankin, despite stories which have appeared on JKB.

The planning permission is in, and approved. Petrie himself has made noises about the East Stand development at the AGM.

Naisy was a rumour, and I don't have to ask all your opinions about those at the moment.

This is a board, we'll post conjecture and rumour and opinion if we see fit - and we certainly WILL NOT BE TOLD BY A HIBBY what we can and cannot post. Cheeky little scamp.

No difference whatsoever between your 'new' stand and Naismith. Neither exist at Easter Road (bit like The Scottish Cup in that respect), yet both were/are rumours that have been pushed by your board to keep your gullible fans in line.

John Rankin???? Doesn't sound Lithuanian to me!

Strange that, because Hearts have never had an interest in signing John Rankin, despite stories which have appeared on JKB.

Are we interested in signing anybody at all. We have a totally inept caretaker manager who should have resigned ages ago who will get what he is given by the ****ing ballroom dancer.

If you think the rumour is "stupid" and you "don't believe it personally". Why start the thread in the first place?? PEBBPT!

marshallschunkychicken

IIRC Petrie made noises at their AGM that the redevelopment 'could' be started 'if' they were to secure suitable funding to proceed.

Since then, nothing. Nothing like restating an existing position in order to make it seem like progress. Fact is he doesn't seem to want to spend money on something until the cash is in the bank. And you'll need to sell a few more than Murphy for that to happen.

i remember he had a fruit shop at the bottom of wardlaw (late 60s). i was told by gary mckay to shut up once (more than once really) my source is, me. whats that smell?

Hibs are already in the position to complete stadium regeneration - they already have detailed planning permission as well as the cash and therefore could potentially have the stadium completed by around Autumn this year. So why on earth would Hibs worry about Hearts 'winning the race' when Hearts don't have planning permission yet? I really doubt the Hibs board cares enough to sabotage your plans - in fact I'd imagine they welcome the thought of you spending ?51 million on a stand.

Not true- Hibs refuse to pay the price that the council are quoting for the land behind the shed and the development plans have stalled

Later, after a lengthy debate regarding Romanovs intentions, he admitted that the rumour was designed by Hibs to detract from the positive aspects of an imminent announcement (stadium redevelopment) and instead to divert supporters attention to the negative connotations (increased debt). This was in the hope that the plans would be opposed by supporters.

Now I am not saying that we shouldn't pay attention to the finances at our club, as supporters I think it is our duty. However, given the choice between believing the positive press generated by our club, and the scaremongering hatched by rival clubs, I choose the former.

Afterall, the boardrooms at Hibs and Hearts have been aware of the implications of being the first capital side to complete stadium regeneration for a very long time. This race began when we demolished the shed all those years ago. It would now appear highly likely that Hearts will win this race, and with it will cement their position as the most powerful club in Edinburgh.

FTH

Just read this and got about 6 replies down, Why do we bother reading this pish and why do we bother to give it respect by replying to it?

I have to say that much as I hate Hibs, it strikes me as completely ridiculous to think that the rumours would have started at boardroom level simply to attempt to "destabilise" Hearts (as if we could be more unstable than we already are).

If, in fact, Hearts were not going into administration/receivership/liquidation, then starting a rumour that they were would not bring that event about. It might scare a few creditors into asking for their money but frankly, if we're solvent, that's not going to be a problem. So, one is left asking, what possible good could it possibly do Hibs to start such a rumour, quite apart from the fact that whatever might be said about their playing staff, the Directors of Hibs are relatively sensible, upstanding businessmen. The idea that they would start playground rumours on the offchance that they might then come to fruition is surely laughable.

Furthermore, would it really suit Hibs for Hearts to go bust ?? Absolutely not, in my view.

Utter tosh, I am afraid. Not blaming the OP for what they were told in good faith but it sounds like nonsense to me.

GC

I never said they wanted us to go bust (although I don't believe their line that 'they need us to exist'), I just said they wanted the stadium plans to stall.

This is a board, we'll post conjecture and rumour and opinion if we see fit - and we certainly WILL NOT BE TOLD BY A HIBBY what we can and cannot post. Cheeky little scamp.

If you tell me where I told you what you could/could not say then go right ahead and I'll apologise...

I agree with some on the other posters on this thread. The admin rumours are clearly started by a bunch a juveniles on verminflair.net with the sole intention of winding up "Yams". We didn't (well most of us) take the bait so they'll be now necking back the mythadone and dreaming up their next rumour.

CornhillHearts

Not the case. McKay is not Rankin's agent.

It's quite clear that many fans of the weeteam are fixated with events at Tynecastle but to suggest that their board is obsessed as well is ludicrous.

Obsessed? Not sure thats what I suggested. Members of the Hibs boardroom actively spread unfounded and negative stories regarding Hearts. I know that for a fact. I'm not suggesting they have weekly 'brainstorming' meetings (though that would make a nice tabloid spread).

John Rankin???? Doesn't sound Lithuanian to me!

I think his books are great, that Rebus is some boy! ;)

I think the key thing here (which has already been pointed out) is "Hibs Board"

Sounds to me like someone has got their knickers in a twist about a message "board" and the " board" of the football club.

No doubt this will go down in .net folklore along with 7-0, 6-2, yams, gunts etc etc. :(

Fine Scottish Wine

OR

What funds are these that are available, do you mean he could get a bank loan.

How can you prove someone started a rumour? Maybe I have a friend who has a friend who said they started it?

These are very interesting questions, but someone must have said it first, no?

Fine Scottish Wine
Obsessed? Not sure thats what I suggested. Members of the Hibs boardroom actively spread unfounded and negative stories regarding Hearts. I know that for a fact. I'm not suggesting they have weekly 'brainstorming' meetings (though that would make a nice tabloid spread).

Do they, what other "unfounded and negative stories regarding Hearts" have they spread. :confused:

I agree with some on the other posters on this thread. The admin rumours are clearly started by a bunch a juveniles on verminflair.net with the sole intention of winding up "Yams". We didn't (well most of us) take the bait so they'll be now necking back the mythadone and dreaming up their next rumour.

How do you know they were juveniles? The internet is faceless.

I think it's far more likely that the rumours were started by a hibs board rather than by the hibs board. Hibs.net private members board to be precise.

Can you be more precise? i.e. username?

• 3 years later...
The Real Maroonblood

He can't walk away from the debts. He can walk away from the club and sell the land to pay the debts.

That could happen.

Archived