13%

jake

FenderJaguar7

Baws.

Lack of social housing is the problem.

I think private landlords should pay their own council tax.

For a two bedroom shithole in Edinburgh you're looking at paying ?650 before council tax/bills. It's a ******* joke.

Typical "valued" property also include red carpet, blue sofa, yellow walls, box kitchen and junkies next door. Would rather take a ******* bullet.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fabienleclerq

I think private landlords should pay their own council tax.

For a two bedroom shithole in Edinburgh you're looking at paying ?650 before council tax/bills. It's a ******* joke.

Typical "valued" property also include red carpet, blue sofa, yellow walls, box kitchen and junkies next door. Would rather take a ******* bullet.

Don't be daft.

Private landlords have a mortgage, interest, tax, insurance, safety checks, terms of lost rental income etc why should they pay council tax?

If they did theyd just put the rent up!!

Private lets go with the market which is inflated due to not enough social housing.

Right to buy, was the biggest crime Thatcher ever committed.(Well there's other contenders)

A nice wee double whammer on the state and a helping hand to her property pals.

No I don't think people should own a home, by cheap sales of council houses.

Bridge of Djoum

Right to buy, was the biggest crime Thatcher ever committed.(Well there's other contenders)

What?

Ah good old Thatcher bashing. Start on the the bankers next.

Buy-to-letters on residential property are dreadful human beings, imo.

Bit strong really

Arnold Rothstein

So who would people rent from if they didn't exist?

fabienleclerq

:lol:

I get annoyed by this stuff, I rent my flat out I worked hard and dont really trust the banks or shares etc so invested in property.

I get proper professionals to fix any issues and my rent is less than others in the same area, I rent to a family and want to be fair and hope in return they look after the flat.

Stephen Muddie

Almost everything posted so far contributes to the problem.

One or two things more than others. What IS simplistic is looking for people to blame who aren't in control

The rest are playing "the game"

:lol:

I get annoyed by this stuff, I rent my flat out I worked hard and dont really trust the banks or shares etc so invested in property.

I get proper professionals to fix any issues and my rent is less than others in the same area, I rent to a family and want to be fair and hope in return they look after the flat.

Spot on. Property is a sound investment.

It's sound until it's not at least, aye

Wtf are you talking about.

Someone works hard, buys a house and rents it out. What is wrong with that? Is that not the whole point of working?

Stephen Muddie

Someone works hard, buys a house and rents it out. What is wrong with that? Is that not the whole point of working?

If you say so. Better behave myself

Stephen Muddie

:laugh:

The whole point in working is to become an economic cannibal/parasite.

Until your host/prey can't sustain you any more.

Totally agree Alim.

You typed one line and it is the correct answer. :2thumbsup:

My wife and I let out two in Edinburgh. We are so embarrassed. Not.

Stephen Muddie

Totally agree Alim.

Don't be embarrassed. There's nothing wrong with being like everyone else.

As an aside, a guy I used to work with has made ?50 every day, including weekends, since he took out the mortgage on his house, 20 or so years ago, by doing nothing. HPI is the one true God in Britain. Everything depends on it. It, like most popular schisms and isms, is a lie.

The biggest provider of emergency accommodation for temp homeless people in Edinburgh is a family run company. They own 23 large houses with a total of 200 rooms, all over the city. They run at 98 capacity, 365 nights of the year. They have very low staff costs and they turnover in excess of ?3million per year before taxes and costs.

?3 MILLION A YEAR !!!!

The biggest provider of emergency accommodation for temp homeless people in Edinburgh is a family run company. They own 23 large houses with a total of 200 rooms, all over the city. They run at 98 capacity, 365 nights of the year. They have very low staff costs and they turnover in excess of ?3million per year before taxes and costs.

?3 MILLION A YEAR !!!!

Good on them for helping the needy.

Stephen Muddie

Good on them for helping the needy.

3million divided by 200 means that each room they have for the needy makes them 15,000 per year.

Something does not compute

3million divided by 200 means that each room they have for the needy makes them 15,000 per year.

Something does not compute

Worry about it in Lichtenstein.

?3 MILLION A YEAR !!!!

Turnover = revenue (as in money in) 

So, revenue per room = 15,000 per room pa (3 million/200 rooms), or 41 pounds per room per night.

The average rent for a 3 bedroom house outside city centre in Edinburgh is 900 pounds per month (http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=United+Kingdom&city=Edinburgh), which equates to about 10 pounds per night per bedroom.

Something's not right there........

Ah good old Thatcher bashing. Start on the the bankers next.

Your fantasy bird was an Evil b@st@rd.

I hope something really sinister is happening to her dead spirit.

Even god wouldnae help that evil bitch.

Totally agree Alim.

l hope there's no asbestos found inside your property, it can be a real bummer. :(

fabienleclerq

l hope there's no asbestos found inside your property, it can be a real bummer. :(

No need for this type of stuff.

fabienleclerq

Don't be embarrassed. There's nothing wrong with being like everyone else.

As an aside, a guy I used to work with has made ?50 every day, including weekends, since he took out the mortgage on his house, 20 or so years ago, by doing nothing. HPI is the one true God in Britain. Everything depends on it. It, like most popular schisms and isms, is a lie.

Correct me if I'm wrong but what you're saying is this guy made ?50 profit a day renting out a house?

?1500 profit a month on a house he has a mortgage on?

If someone is paying that much to him over mortgage payments, interest and all the other things he needs to pay the property must be worth millions. There's no way for this scenario to happen unless the boy had a tonnes of cash to start with, and even then why would he take out a mortgage?

And if all this is true the guy won't be doing nothing.

Harry Potter

The council.

ever tried the council when looking for somewhere to stay, should try it.

NIGHTMARE.

Arnold Rothstein

The council.

Ok. Enlighten me as to how this would work. There would be no rental from private ownership?

Charming.....

Ok. Enlighten me as to how this would work. There would be no rental from private ownership?

Its too late, Maggie sold them all.

Not so people could own a home , to get rid of society.

Its too late, Maggie sold them all.

Not so people could own a home , to get rid of society.

more the start of the break up of the welfare state. agreeing with a separatist is making me boak but thatcher and her cronies were the root cause of the housing problems we have. the spiralling cost of property was brought on by her policies. sold to people who could just afford the mortgage then drove up interest rates to break them leading to lots of social housing ending up in the hands of those with lots of cash, creating a shortage which drove up the cost of buying.

one of thatchers many disgraces

more the start of the break up of the welfare state. agreeing with a separatist is making me boak but thatcher and her cronies were the root cause of the housing problems we have. the spiralling cost of property was brought on by her policies. sold to people who could just afford the mortgage then drove up interest rates to break them leading to lots of social housing ending up in the hands of those with lots of cash, creating a shortage which drove up the cost of buying.

one of thatchers many disgraces

Here, pass the bag.

:D.

That says more about you than anything. You wish an evil act on an 88 year old woman yet call her evil?

p.s God does not help a lot of people so I assume you are right with the last part.

That says more about you than anything. You wish an evil act on an 88 year old woman yet call her evil?

p.s God does not help a lot of people so I assume you are right with the last part.

I personally hope she suffered in excruciating pain for the last moments of her life. Shit, the last few years of her life.

I'd call that justice, personally.

I personally hope she suffered in excruciating pain for the last moments of her life. Shit, the last few years of her life.

I'd call that justice, personally.

Ok, I can play this too.

I hope Alex Salmond gets a terminal illness. This is fun.

Next...........

Ok, I can play this too.

I hope Alex Salmond gets a terminal illness. This is fun.

Next...........

Good on you.

Next?

I wish she still lived with whatever was wrong with her.

What did the Greatest living Scotsman ever do, other than try to save Scotland.

Why would anyone who hates the concept of god, want with a United Kingdom?.

And its overlords who decide to punish people into homelessness and ruin.

I wish she still lived with whatever was wrong with her.

What did the Greatest living Scotsman ever do, other than try to save Scotland.

Save Scotland

:facepalm:

Your Nationalist arrogance hold no bounds.

Save Scotland

:facepalm:

Your Nationalist arrogance hold no bounds.

As does yours.

At least the SNP put a stop to right to buy and have built more homes than previous admins.

What did labour build, 6?.

We really should have a beer, what's your local, The Red Lion?, The Crown?, or The White Swan?.

As does yours.

At least the SNP put a stop to right to buy and have built more homes than previous admins.

Ok here is some food for thought aussieh.  The world does not revolve around you, your circumstances, feelings, experiences, attitudes or views.  Many people benefited from right to buy and many many many other things under the ?ghastly? Thatcher government.  My family for one.  Now I am sorry I see the world differently from you and do not hate Thatcher and wish endless pain on an 88 year old woman but such is life fella.

I bet you are the type of guy who protests about Donald Trump, UKIP etc, I bet you are the type of person that simply will not accept the ?No? vote. Am I right?  It is clear for all to see that the SNP are anti-democratic in everything it does.  Ever since you told me I was in some way less Scottish or patriotic than you for voting ?No? I simply do not respect you.  You insulted and angered me that day, just like the vast majority of Nationalists. Walking about like you own the place and in some way feel more belonging than I to our country.  As long as people like you keep spouting this arrogant insulting pish the more our country will be truly divided. And that is what it is right now make no bones about it. Your leader, your hero, the ?Greatest living Scotsman? has succeeding in absolutely nothing except make our country more divided than ever at any stage in all of our history.  

Ok here is some food for thought aussieh. The world does not revolve around you, your circumstances, feelings, experiences, attitudes or views. Many people benefited from right to buy and many many many other things under the ?ghastly? Thatcher government. My family for one. Now I am sorry I see the world differently from you and do not hate Thatcher and wish endless pain on an 88 year old woman but such is life fella.

I bet you are the type of guy who protests about Donald Trump, UKIP etc, I bet you are the type of person that simply will not accept the ?No? vote. Am I right? It is clear for all to see that the SNP are anti-democratic in everything it does. Ever since you told me I was in some way less Scottish or patriotic than you for voting ?No? I simply do not respect you. You insulted and angered me that day, just like the vast majority of Nationalists. Walking about like you own the place and in some way feel more belonging than I to our country. As long as people like you keep spouting this arrogant insulting pish the more our country will be truly divided. And that is what it is right now make no bones about it. Your leader, your hero, the ?Greatest living Scotsman? has succeeding in absolutely nothing except make our country more divided than ever at any stage in all of our history.

Brits have ruined this country. I'll keep helping my fellow Scots. Brits, the more in ruin's the better. And you can stick that fascist flag up the UK's arse.

Thatcher, tried to annihilate Scotland.

As does yours.

We really should have a beer, what's your local, The Red Lion?, The Crown?, or The White Swan?.

Ahhhhhh the usual whataboutery we hear from the politicians.

I'm not interested in who did what.

Fact

SNP are the government and this problem is their remit.

Nicola.Sturgeon recently stated she would have refugees stay in her house.

Any room for children who are homeless in this country or would you have to actually deliver on your cheap soundbites.

Also noticed the delay in releasing poverty stats.

Aussieh don't let your desire for independence make you blind to the SNP failings.

Ok here is some food for thought aussieh.  The world does not revolve around you, your circumstances, feelings, experiences, attitudes or views.  Many people benefited from right to buy and many many many other things under the ?ghastly? Thatcher government.  My family for one.  Now I am sorry I see the world differently from you and do not hate Thatcher and wish endless pain on an 88 year old woman but such is life fella.

I bet you are the type of guy who protests about Donald Trump, UKIP etc, I bet you are the type of person that simply will not accept the ?No? vote. Am I right?  It is clear for all to see that the SNP are anti-democratic in everything it does.  Ever since you told me I was in some way less Scottish or patriotic than you for voting ?No? I simply do not respect you.  You insulted and angered me that day, just like the vast majority of Nationalists. Walking about like you own the place and in some way feel more belonging than I to our country.  As long as people like you keep spouting this arrogant insulting pish the more our country will be truly divided. And that is what it is right now make no bones about it. Your leader, your hero, the ?Greatest living Scotsman? has succeeding in absolutely nothing except make our country more divided than ever at any stage in all of our history.  

Many people benefited from the sale of homes, very true, most didn't. The same way many people benefit from tax havens, most don't

The dog eat dog attitude of yours simply fuels the race to the bottom. Social responsibility is irrelevant as long as you can make a quick buck eh?

Archived