13%

jake

The rise in children who are homeless in Scotland.

Is this not something our government should be taken to task for.

Shame on the SNP.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Profit over people

Austerity for the poor

Bombs before bairns

Etc etc etc

Whole system is rotten. Not just here, globally.

Buy-to-let chancers are part of the story. Folk earning money for doing feck all while pricing others out of the housing market.

His name is

Out of interest, I presume homeless means living in temporary accommodation as opposed to living on the streets.

Out of interest, I presume homeless means living in temporary accommodation as opposed to living on the streets.

Yes .

Things I hope never get that bad.

At lot of lassies will deliberately get pregenat just so they have a better chance of getting a house and benifits. Probably make large portion of the figuera

Lot of foreigners from places like Romania and Poland will make up a fairly big portion of the figures.

Plenty of people deliberately make themselves homeless an attempt to get more priorty for council hooses.

Many dont want to work so cant afford private lets.

Feel sorry for the poor people who are homeless through no fault of their own but lets not just blame the government. Society and half the arseholes in it need to help themselves as well.

Edit to add...I am not stating in the above post that we should stop helping these people. Can't have kids riding away in these shitholes as the they are not at fault

Unknown user

Is it maybe time for a party politics sub section mods?

We're not all interested in this tit for tat battle across the shed - at least that way I'd know which threads to avoid opening like the plague

Profit over people

Austerity for the poor

Bombs before bairns

Etc etc etc

Whole system is rotten. Not just here, globally.

been saying this for ages to no avail. people think their vote matters, were all getting taken for a ride no matter which colour rosette, swapping 1 set of ersoles for another.

i cant afford an offshore secret bank account, unlike politicians the world over,who cheat the people their supposedly representing. the scum in this world sit at the top.

At lot of lassies will deliberately get pregenat just so they have a better chance of getting a house and benifits. Probably make large portion of the figuera

Lot of foreigners from places like Romania and Poland will make up a fairly big portion of the figures.

Plenty of people deliberately make themselves homeless an attempt to get more priorty for council hooses.

Feel sorry for the poor people who are homeless through no fault of their own but lets not just blame the government. Society and half the arseholes in it need to help themselves as well.

Edit to add...I am not stating in the above post that we should stop helping these people. Can't have kids riding away in these shitholes as the they are not at fault

That all sounds about right.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Is it maybe time for a party politics sub section mods?

We're not all interested in this tit for tat battle across the shed - at least that way I'd know which threads to avoid opening like the plague

I don't post here anymore for this very reason. Can we please have sub forum like the console forum where all politics threads can go. Kickback is being ruined by posts that go on in these threads.

Spot the Daily Mail reader.

My sort of argument.

My sort of post.

Well said Alim. :2thumbsup:

Stephen Muddie

It's also roughly the amount of jobs in the uk which are not reliant on producing IOUs

Stephen Muddie

Shame on the SNP.

Omg I didn't even read the thread, just the hover over for a split second. They've done a lot to postpone the cuts that England are much angrier about you know. I don't like them very much btw

Carry on hamming

Stephen Muddie

Stephen and Jake.

Hammer and tongs.

161 fist VS blades of blame

Ding ding

161 fist VS blades of blame

Ding ding

:gok:

Winning on points the last couple of days mate :2thumbsup:

Spot the Daily Mail reader.

Not at all. Talking from experience.

I was born and raised in Niddrie and seen it happening. Lassies with little better in life get pregnant in order to get a house young men probably go along with as well. They then are hit with realisation that we in the middle of a housing crisis and are thrown in Bed and Breakfasts or God awful high rise flats surrounded by junkies.

Not saying every lassie or foreigner are doing this but I guarantee a large potion of the people in these stats are.

Which makes the whole ****ing system depressing. Simply building houses doesn't solve the problem it only puts a bandaid on it. You need to get to the root of the problem and that is providing the poorer kids a future of education and jobs.

Homeless = destitute. These 13% are neither. Another bullshit stat just like the nation's dependency and need for food banks.

Stephen Muddie

Homeless = destitute. These 13% are neither. Another bullshit stat just like the nation's dependency and need for food banks.

I couldn't wait for you to join these threads.

This is ****ing awesome

coconut doug

Shame on the SNP.

Shelter (what do they know) seem to think that Homelessness in Scotland has decreased by a lot more the 13% in the last 6 years.http://scotland.shelter.org.uk/housing_policy/key_statistics/homelessness_facts_and_research

This is maybe caused by Nazi inspired SNP death squads, ruthless final solution or it might be because they are part of the increase in people living in Council houses, and temporary accommodation. Taking them off the streets and giving them a roof over their heads = SNP bad.

The statistics you refer to show people who are without a permanent home but who do have temporary accommodation. Does that make you homeless? If so what do we call people who don't have even a temporary home?

I don't know what definition is used by the OP but:

Mackenzie and Chamberlain's (1992) definition includes three categories in recognition of the diversity of homelessness:

• Primary homelessness is experienced by people without conventional accommodation (e.g. sleeping rough or in improvised dwellings);
  • Secondary homelessness is experienced by people who frequently move from one temporary shelter to another (e.g. emergency accommodation, youth refuges, "couch surfing");
  • Tertiary homelessness is experienced by people staying in accommodation that falls below minimum community standards (e.g. boarding housing and caravan parks).

United Nations definition of homelessness

The United Nations identifies homeless people under two broad groups:

• Primary homelessness (or rooflessness). This category includes persons living in the streets without a shelter that would fall within the scope of living quarters;
  • Secondary homelessness. This category may include persons with no place of usual residence who move frequently between various types of accommodations (including dwellings, shelters and institutions for the homeless or other living quarters).This category includes persons living in private dwellings but reporting ?no usual address? on their census form.

Anything like this is a bit shit for the kids (and adults) though.

Buy-to-let chancers are part of the story. Folk earning money for doing feck all while pricing others out of the housing market.

:pleasing:

Bridge of Djoum

Oh dear. 

I don't know what definition is used by the OP but:

Mackenzie and Chamberlain's (1992) definition includes three categories in recognition of the diversity of homelessness:

• Primary homelessness is experienced by people without conventional accommodation (e.g. sleeping rough or in improvised dwellings);
  • Secondary homelessness is experienced by people who frequently move from one temporary shelter to another (e.g. emergency accommodation, youth refuges, "couch surfing");
  • Tertiary homelessness is experienced by people staying in accommodation that falls below minimum community standards (e.g. boarding housing and caravan parks).

United Nations definition of homelessness

The United Nations identifies homeless people under two broad groups:

• Primary homelessness (or rooflessness). This category includes persons living in the streets without a shelter that would fall within the scope of living quarters;
  • Secondary homelessness. This category may include persons with no place of usual residence who move frequently between various types of accommodations (including dwellings, shelters and institutions for the homeless or other living quarters).This category includes persons living in private dwellings but reporting ?no usual address? on their census form.

Anything like this is a bit shit for the kids (and adults) though.

How about this definition of homeless, and please call me old fashioned if need so but:

Homeless = not having a home

?

How about this definition of homeless, and please call me old fashioned if need so but:

?

It's not old fashioned, it is ill-informed.

A house isn't necessarily a home.

It's not old fashioned, it is ill-informed.

A house isn't necessarily a home.

I think you are classing any child who is not a child of the Waltons as homeless old chap.

I think you are classing any child who is not a child of the Waltons as homeless old chap.

No, not at all.

You seem to think that a house, or a roof over one's head, is the same as a home.

Bridge of Djoum

?

Simplistic and complete nonsense.

Try again.

John Findlay

What is the definition of a home?

Depending on your agenda. People have and always will twist stats, polls etc to suit their side of the debate. Personally I am always sceptical and bordering on the cynical with all these things. Don't believe all you read and only believe half of what you see.

Simplistic and complete nonsense.

Try again.

Ok, penniless is potentially having a grand in your bank ?  

What is the definition of a home?

The ABS definition of homelessness is informed by an understanding of homelessness as 'home'lessness, not 'roof'lessness. It emphasises the core elements of 'home' in Anglo American and European interpretations of the meaning of home as identified in research evidence (Mallett, 2004). These elements may include: a sense of security, stability, privacy, safety, and the ability to control living space. Homelessness is therefore a lack of one or more of the elements that represent 'home'.

The definition has been constructed from a conceptual framework centred around the following elements:

Adequacy of the dwelling;

Security of tenure in the dwelling; and

control of, and access to space for social relations.

Bridge of Djoum

No, that's a different argument.

If you are kipping on a mates sofa, and you have nowhere else to go, I'd say that's homeless as that is not your home.

Homeless isn't just sleeping on the streets.

It's Fatty Salmonds fault. :cornette:

So the government of Scotland are not to be challenged on a rise in homelessness amongst children?

Bridge of Djoum

Let's take this a little further regarding simplistic thinking.

A poster above blamed a lot of this on daft wee lassies getting pregnant, foreigners, and people deliberately making themselves homeless. (That last one is a belter BTW).

He didn't mention at all other reasons, such as....

Joblessness/redundancy.

A relationship break-up.

Mental or physical health issues.

Abuse, sexual, mental or physical.

I'd wager a few quid that these are far more common reasons for homelessness than teen pregnancy, or those pesky foreigners.

Stephen Muddie

A poster above blamed a lot of this on daft wee lassies getting pregnant, foreigners, and people deliberately making themselves homeless. (That last one is a belter BTW).

Joblessness/redundancy.

A relationship break-up.

I'd wager a few quid that these are far more common reasons for homelessness than teen pregnancy, or those pesky foreigners.

The amount of foreigners in this county does actually part cause these problems. Lots of foreigners and lots of new housing, not so much of a problem. Could be more done, won't be.

No money for public: schools, hospitals, community centres indeed homeless shelters shutting down, roads a mess. Cost cutting all over local authority and NHS

Joblessness/redundancy.

A relationship break-up.

Don't confuse our resident Daily Mail readers with facts. Their heads will explode.

fabienleclerq

Baws.

Lack of social housing is the problem.

Archived