Zum beispiel?

I'll stick to English.

Shut up you spineless whelp. :thumbsup:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
michael_bolton

Ja pierdoly.

I don't really see you displaying any more spine than me.

We're both just observers. If we were players you might have a point.

Ja pierdoly.

I don't really see you displaying any more spine than me.

We're both just observers. If we were players you might have a point.

I've not yet reached the stage where supporting my team with the hope of winning the league would lead to me being inconsolable if we didn't manage it. You are living in #1 Main Street of that town. :(

michael_bolton

I've not yet reached the stage where supporting my team with the hope of winning the league would lead to me being inconsolable if we didn't manage it. You are living in #1 Main Street of that town. :(

It's not accurate to say I have no hope of us winning the league.

Clearly I hope Hearts win every game, and with that would come winning the league.

There's a difference between that kind of hope (which everyone who ever supported a football team has had) and in saying there's a realistic chance of something there is no realistic chance of.

Anyway. We're going round in circles here. As I said, I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I doubt it though.

It's not accurate to say I have no hope of us winning the league.

Clearly I hope Hearts win every game, and with that would come winning the league.

There's a difference between that kind of hope (which everyone who ever supported a football team has had) and in saying there's a realistic chance of something there is no realistic chance of.

Anyway. We're going round in circles here. As I said, I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I doubt it though.

I hope I'm right too. If I'm not, I'll shrug, brush myself down and get set for the next attempt. I won't need the "chat" however.

:rofl:

michael_bolton

I hope I'm right too. If I'm not, I'll shrug, brush myself down and get set for the next attempt. I won't need the "chat" however.

:rofl:

Don't worry. I've done 'the chat' before.

Any difficult questions and I'll just tell you to 'ask your mother'.

Don't worry. I've done 'the chat' before.

Any difficult questions and I'll just tell you to 'ask your mother'.

You're awrite mate. I don't tend to let the football ruin my life, hence why I can handle not winning the league and just brush myself off for the next attempt, while others feel the need to advise "the chat". :rofl:

michael_bolton

Anyway... Here's to HMFC 2016/17 SPFL Treble winners.

:jjyay:

Oh, we'll definitely win three games. Maybe even before the schools go back.

Oh, we'll definitely win three games. Maybe even before the schools go back.

:lol:

johnking123

It will depend who leaves. The players I think we will lose Augustyn,Pillardo,El Hassnaoi,king,Paterson,McGhee and Gomis. With Dauda heading home to. King,Paterson and McGhee, we receive good money for and don't forget the Sow money as well. So we could spend a bit of cash on the transfer market. But also means a fair few players to bring in over the summer. Could be a fun summer transfer market wise. 

Leicester City is as good an example of a team punching above its weight as anyone should need to believe 'yes, of course, we can win the league next year'.

Leicester City is as good an example of a team punching above its weight as anyone should need to believe 'yes, of course, we can win the league next year'.

Nobody has "had the chat" with you yet? Hopefully Michael Bolton is on his way to educate you in the ways of the whipped dog, because your post reads dangerously like optimism and positivity! :mad:

grumpyespana

Did our management not say they had a five year plan not a three year one, personally I think we are only three players away from being close next season but we must seriously get in a couple of guys that can score goals.

Grumpy

Watt-Zeefuik

It's hardly Mystic Meg stuff. It's a cold analysis of the situation. Based on resources and experience.

Last season is different. We were in a league where it was reasonable to expect us to gub the majority of our opponents week in week out. The fact that our two biggest rivals flopped was very pleasant. Inb the top flight we have shown no such ability to win on anything like a regular enough basis. Even allowing for Celtic being mince this year.

Look into our league from the position of an outsider.

We've hee haw chance of winning it.

Out of curiosity, which of the following would you say is your position:

1) No one other than Celtic or Rangers will ever win the SPFL again.

2) Someone other than the OF will win the league, but it won't be Hearts.

I don't find either position tenable.  Certainly, the OF will continue to win the vast majority of league titles for the foreseeable future.  (Celtic in the near term, of course, but Rangers will get their share provided they do a decent enough job rebuilding the football operations side of the club.)  However, given the relative size of the supports, the growth in Edinburgh, and the coming expansion of our stadium, I think long-run it's reasonable to expect Hearts to win a title every 10 years or so, once Levein's restructuring of the club has fully bedded in.

It would have been, of course, wholly "realistic" to say that Leicester City will never win the EPL, and they still might not, but that instance shows what can happen when the right circumstances come together.  Put another way, the OF stranglehold on the title for 30 years is an oddity in global sports, and just based on averages it's reasonable to expect it to break at some point.  If a neutral had to put odds on the club to do it, wouldn't Hearts be the top pick?

Next season will see even more of Lennon's recruits leave the club, even more of Deila's inferior recruits get time, and a still-weakened Rangers squad that will be readjusting to the top flight.  I would never bet even money that we'll win next season, but there is definitely a window of opportunity.

Unknown user

Out of curiosity, which of the following would you say is your position:

1) No one other than Celtic or Rangers will ever win the SPFL again.

2) Someone other than the OF will win the league, but it won't be Hearts.

I don't find either position tenable. Certainly, the OF will continue to win the vast majority of league titles for the foreseeable future. (Celtic in the near term, of course, but Rangers will get their share provided they do a decent enough job rebuilding the football operations side of the club.) However, given the relative size of the supports, the growth in Edinburgh, and the coming expansion of our stadium, I think long-run it's reasonable to expect Hearts to win a title every 10 years or so, once Levein's restructuring of the club has fully bedded in.

It would have been, of course, wholly "realistic" to say that Leicester City will never win the EPL, and they still might not, but that instance shows what can happen when the right circumstances come together. Put another way, the OF stranglehold on the title for 30 years is an oddity in global sports, and just based on averages it's reasonable to expect it to break at some point. If a neutral had to put odds on the club to do it, wouldn't Hearts be the top pick?

Next season will see even more of Lennon's recruits leave the club, even more of Deila's inferior recruits get time, and a still-weakened Rangers squad that will be readjusting to the top flight. I would never bet even money that we'll win next season, but there is definitely a window of opportunity.

/\

|

|

This guy kens

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I remember back at the start of this season (when we were winning) some posters on here got all upset when confronted with the reality that there was no way we'd win the league.

Seems we'll need to have that chat again next season too.

They never got upset, most of them (myself included) thought we had an outside chance (which we did) of giving Celtic a run for their money. If we had got a 20 goal striker we would be above Aberdeen right now.

The ones that were saying be realistic and top six should be our priority, strangely enough were the ones having their period for not turning over the smaller clubs 4 times a season while sitting comfortably in 3rd.

Strange bunch.

They never got upset, most of them (myself included) thought we had an outside chance (which we did) of giving Celtic a run for their money. If we had got a 20 goal striker we would be above Aberdeen right now.

The ones that were saying be realistic and top six should be our priority, strangely enough were the ones having their period for not turning over the smaller clubs 4 times a season while sitting comfortably in 3rd.

Strange bunch.

Absolutely nailed it!

:spoton:

BotC!

Gorgie_Rules

Until we turn up and comfortably turn over the smaller clubs that are getting 2, 3 or 4 thousand we won't be able to sustain a challenge. The likes of Hamilton, Partick, Inverness, Ross County, Killie, St Johnstone. We need to be picking up close to maximum points against those clubs, our home crowds are about 5 or 6 times larger than theirs meaning we have much larger spend.

Using Tynecastle to our advantage against Celtic and Rangers and avoiding defeats away and it can be done.

If we could find a 25 goals a season man in the summer you never know

Archived