rearend

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Leeds stung by Riordan price tag

Derek Riordan

Riordan is thought to be restless at Celtic Park (Getty):P

Leeds United are unwilling to pay Celtic's ?1m asking price for once-capped Scotland striker Derek Riordan, BBC Radio Leeds understands.

United previously tried to bring the 25-year-old former Hibernian star to Elland Road on loan in January.

Riordan scored over 60 goals in three seasons at Easter Road but has made only 13 starts since switching to Glasgow giants Celtic two years ago.

Championship outfit Burnley are also believed to be after the forward.

looks like he is staying to warm the bench if he is lucky eh.

Drylaw Hearts
Leeds stung by Riordan price tag

Derek Riordan

Riordan is thought to be restless at Celtic Park (Getty):P

Leeds United are unwilling to pay Celtic's ?1m asking price for once-capped Scotland striker Derek Riordan, BBC Radio Leeds understands.

United previously tried to bring the 25-year-old former Hibernian star to Elland Road on loan in January.

Riordan scored over 60 goals in three seasons at Easter Road but has made only 13 starts since switching to Glasgow giants Celtic two years ago.

Championship outfit Burnley are also believed to be after the forward.

looks like he is staying to warm the bench if he is lucky eh.

He'll go down a treat in Leeds.

As for Burnley.......

Owen Coyle is going to make the same mistakes many other Managers moving from Scotland to England have made by signing players who he knows from the SPL.

He's after Steven Crainey (ex-Celtic), he bid for Driver and now he wants Riordon. He also missed out on Barry Robson in January.

Dr. Bapswent

Seems to be another mercenary football who is happy to sacrifice thier career for cash.

Smacks (no pun intentded) of greed considering how much footballers get paid at most clubs.

Players like that could get paid a good wage AND play, those who choose not to clearly are blinded by pound signs.

Drylaw Hearts
Seems to be another mercenary football who is happy to sacrifice thier career for cash.

Smacks (no pun intentded) of greed considering how much footballers get paid at most clubs.

Players like that could get paid a good wage AND play, those who choose not to clearly are blinded by pound signs.

TBF.........

Riordon was told he was part of the plans by Strachan and he firmly believed after scoring a barrowload for Hibs he could make the step-up.

He wants out, he's wanted out for ages but it's Strachan who's being awkward.

He would leave today and take a 50% wage cut if he could.

kissthebadge

Sounds like he'd fit in perfectly at Tynie! Who knows, he probably wouldn't even have to get stripped for the bench.

Dr. Bapswent
TBF.........

Riordon was told he was part of the plans by Strachan and he firmly believed after scoring a barrowload for Hibs he could make the step-up.

He wants out, he's wanted out for ages but it's Strachan who's being awkward.

He would leave today and take a 50% wage cut if he could.

Then he should.

If he chooses not to, it would suggest its for the money, not a desire to further his career.

Drylaw Hearts
Then he should.

If he chooses not to, it would suggest its for the money, not a desire to further his career.

He's tied to a thing called a contract.

He wants to leave as I've already said.

But he can only leave if Celtic allow him to.

:wacko:

The Hibby's at work are convinced he is going back to his spiritual home.

I assume they meant some drug ridden pit down Granton?

Dr. Bapswent
He's tied to a thing called a contract.

He wants to leave as I've already said.

But he can only leave if Celtic allow him to.

:wacko:

Im aware of that.

So your silly little smillie dig was uneccesary.

But expected.

My point still stands, he has made his bed, and got screwed. He could buy himself out his contract if he really wanted.

Or encourage the club to let him go.

As with all those who go to the OF, the clubs who pay the largest wages in Scotland, the money signs seem to dazzle players into relinquishing that drive that made them great to begin with.

kissthebadge

I think he and Andy Webster should go on a course on decision making. Maybe going on a hairdressing course wouldn't be a bad shout either.

Drylaw Hearts
Im aware of that.

So your silly little smillie dig was uneccesary.

But expected.

My point still stands, he has made his bed, and got screwed. He could buy himself out his contract if he really wanted.

Or encourage the club to let him go.

As with all those who go to the OF, the clubs who pay the largest wages in Scotland, the money signs seem to dazzle players into relinquishing that drive that made them great to begin with.

I agree with your sentiments regarding young player going to the OF but Riordon is a position where he wants out but Celtic are pricing him out the market.

He can't just walk up and buy out his contract.

brellierlegend
I agree with your sentiments regarding young player going to the OF but Riordon is a position where he wants out but Celtic are pricing him out the market.

He can't just walk up and buy out his contract.

He is a little grotbag who deserves all he gets in my opinion! Filth of the highest order! I feel absolutely no sympathy for him. Absolute waste of space. He is a great talent who has wasted his career by going out and getting smashed every weekend and continually getting into bother!

Drylaw Hearts
He is a little grotbag who deserves all he gets in my opinion! Filth of the highest order! I feel absolutely no sympathy for him. Absolute waste of space. He is a great talent who has wasted his career by going out and getting smashed every weekend and continually getting into bother!

I agree.

alwaysthereinspirit

Good honest Scottish laddie improving every week under trying times = 1.5m

Benchwarming Scottish drunk with no experience of big games = 1m

Someone explain to me why Berra is only worth 500,000 more than a sub.

Drylaw Hearts
He only has a year left on his contract so why can't he do a Webster and buy it out?

There seems to be a huge uncertainty surrounding this rule which is why no player since Webster has used it.

maroonlegions
Good honest Scottish laddie improving every week under trying times = 1.5m

Benchwarming Scottish drunk with no experience of big games = 1m

Someone explain to me why Berra is only worth 500,000 more than a sub.

Berra does not play or even sit on his a*** for either of the ugly sisters maybe.:P:rolleyes:

The Future's Maroon

Who actually gives a ****?

winston churchill
The Hibby's at work are convinced he is going back to his spiritual home.

I assume they meant some drug ridden pit down Granton?

close

he's from west pultun.

close

he's from west pultun.

I live at Craiglockhart - it's like sheltered housing for the over 40s.

Granton/Pilton/Muirhouse - all the same to me. ;)

TyphoonJambo

A little ****ed that someone slags of Muirhouse,loads of good Jambos there. Personaly, I would jump into the market and sign Rearend and Niemi. 1 proven great, 1 great potential. Combine the scrote with a proper manager and I beleve the pingu and a sober, motivated Rearend would take our league apart whilst Anti ensuers no easy goals

alwaysthereinspirit
A little ****ed that someone slags of Muirhouse,loads of good Jambos there. Personaly, I would jump into the market and sign Rearend and Niemi. 1 proven great, 1 great potential. Combine the scrote with a proper manager and I beleve the pingu and a sober, motivated Rearend would take our league apart whilst Anti ensuers no easy goals

Bit of a selfish attitude. Bring back Pingu :eek: and Rearend :booze: and where does that leave Elliot and Mole? ;)

Strachan has screwed Hibs/Hearts from the start of his tenure, Riordan could/would have put them miles ahead in the championship, but arguements ensued, (I can assure anyone here, it was NOTHING to do with his daughter. FACT.)

I want Strachan outed as the masterbater that he has become/has always been?, and out of football. He is an erse of the highest order, who will rape you again, if you even DARE to challenge the ugly sisters, who, by the way, are closer than blood-brothers. But you all know that. ;)

I have it on fairly good authourity that Deek told Chesney to **** off in front of the whole squad, hence his ommision.

A waster? yes! A wasted talent? Oh Jeez yeah!

He has time to recover from this, the next Q being, in green/white or maroon? I`m told he`s considering both, as he wants to stay in the capital.

Who-ever gets him, gets a minimum of 20 goals per season. Don`t slate him too much, you may well be shouting his name, for the right or wrong reasons.

Oh, and for those with the maroon-tinted specs on.............Yes, he really is that good.

Would have no problems with him playing for Hearts - one of the best finishers I have seen in the last 5 years or so.

However I very much doubt Celtic would sell or loan him to another SPL team and if they sold him I think only Hearts would pay the required fee.

Time will tell I suppose.

Would have no problems with him playing for Hearts - one of the best finishers I have seen in the last 5 years or so.

However I very much doubt Celtic would sell or loan him to another SPL team and if they sold him I think only Hearts would pay the required fee.

Time will tell I suppose.

He wants to stay in Scotlands Capital, I`m told. ;)

If he tells Celtc (their spelling, not mine) that he`s going nowhere, and he can, it`s one of the two. I just hope it ain`t yooos. HE IS THAT GOOD.

Hate him or loathe him, he knows where the onion-bag is, with his eyes shut!

No way he will sign for us. He was offered the deal a while back and said **** O**

He will stay with Celtic if WGS leaves or is off to England if the fud stays.

So I heard on good authority.

No way he will sign for us. He was offered the deal a while back and said **** O**

Chesneys Dad good enough authority for ye?

Only a Game

It was a good while back now right enough but he was offered to go to Hearts and he did knock us back.

For what its worth and to be fair to the guy he HAS cleaned his act up a bit, ditched some of the less desirable of his mates and he hasnt been up town for several months now.

Yes he is still a mouthy erse, even without a drink. Yes I'd love him at Hearts but the last I heard from the family he "probably" wouldnt go........BUT.......The same person said "Over my dead body !!" not so very long ago.

I'm confused.

Who is this 'Chesney'? I'm guessing it's not Cesnauskis but I can't think of another one.

Only a Game
I'm confused.

Who is this 'Chesney'? I'm guessing it's not Cesnauskis but I can't think of another one.

Gordon Strachan

Gordon Strachan

Ah righto, thanks...

Any particular reason why they call him Chesney? I've given it some thought and I can't for the life of me think why. He doesn't have a really big facial mole or anything...does he?

:confused:

Ah righto, thanks...

Any particular reason why they call him Chesney? I've given it some thought and I can't for the life of me think why. He doesn't have a really big facial mole or anything...does he?

:confused:

I'm sure the missus said it was some kid on Coronation Street:-could be wrong though)

Chesney and I

Archived