Belhaven Best

DG_HMFC

Auld Reekin'

Where is this pub?

Gorgie Road. 

Heading west, it's just past the "McCabe Grass" railway bridge, on the corner before you get to Sainsburys.

Thread hijack

Jessie Mays bar aka The Station opens today. Maybe some of the Morningside Hearts will come down to test out some craft beers

Where is this pub?

Gorgie Road.

Heading west, it's just past the "McCabe Grass" railway bridge, on the corner before you get to Sainsburys.

I thought it was going to be a 5 -10 minute walk from Morningside, 20 stagger at the most.

Cairneyhill Jambo

They still make Gillespies?

Think they stopped it years ago.  Shame as it was a cracking pint.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Belhaven Best better than Caledonia Best......I agree.

I'd drink Deuchars IPA before both of them though.

I remember Kilkenny ALWAYS gave me a headache.

I'm enjoying a great time in my drinking career. I'm not a big drinker at the best of times but gave up on lager yoinks ago. I now just enjoy visiting my local merchants and just grabbing some random 3 or 4 bottles of IPA's, craft beers and the like and just seeing whats nice. One or two bottles a week....that's how big a drinker I am.

Quite enjoyed some of Stewarts Edinburgh Gold, William Bros Birds and Bees and 7 giraffes in recent months. Also Barneys Red Rye. Didn't enjoy Eden Brewery 19th Hole.

Negra Modelo is my go to at present. I love that stuff. Although my fridge does have quite a lot of Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams....not sure why?

Aldi always have a cracking selection of craft beers etc available and a lot cheaper than the other supermarkets.

Archived