Evening News

Walter Kidd

Walter Kidd

I never usually buy this rag, but someone left theirs on the train. I was quite encouraged by the inside back pages for a change where Banderson reports that Hearts are nearly back to pre Pieman debt.

Maybe Vladimir knows how to run a business after all.

Get ready for Korobochka and Malofeev people.

chester copperpot
I never usually buy this rag, but someone left theirs on the train. I was quite encouraged by the inside back pages for a change where Banderson reports that Hearts are nearly back to pre Pieman debt.

And the winner of the most random thread goes to........................

WTF you on about mate. You're one of my best mates on here, but you dont half talk some shiiiiiiite.

Walter Kidd
And the winner of the most random thread goes to........................

WTF you on about mate. You're one of my best mates on here, but you dont half talk some shiiiiiiite.

Sookmaroot weegie.

It said and with quotes from Fedetovas, that Hearts debt is nearing Pieman levels after being 35 million.

FOr someone who works in a bank you are a bit thick. Are you sure you are not the window licker?

Jubilee Spree

So the best players at the club have been sold to return debt to the unacceptable levels that almost closed Tynecastle... for what? A Scottish Cup? Hardly something to shout about...

chester copperpot
Sookmaroot weegie.

It said and with quotes from Fedetovas, that Hearts debt is nearing Pieman levels after being 35 million.

FOr someone who works in a bank you are a bit thick. Are you sure you are not the window licker?

No you are mate. If you believe anything coming out the current regime, then you're a bit mental.

No need for the window licker comment, but hey ho.

Listen mate, if we're in VR plans, why have we got a bigger debt than when he took over. Please explain. I'll embarrass you, but never mind. I dont quite get your point.

alwaysthereinspirit
Sookmaroot weegie.

I thought you wrote widow licker. Now that's a job.:dribble:

Independence
Sookmaroot weegie.

Oh quick a positive story about VR, lets all rush on the thread and rubbish it.

OR perhaps you should read it again!!!!!! Because it is actually good news!!

However, I expect the usual names to start arriving soon and picking it to bits!!!

Gigolo-Aunt

Cheers for the head up, Walter - never seen the news and just read the story online.

Who knows what to believe.

The Old Tolbooth
No you are mate. If you believe anything coming out the current regime, then you're a bit mental.

No need for the window licker comment, but hey ho.

Listen mate, if we're in VR plans, why have we got a bigger debt than when he took over. Please explain. I'll embarrass you, but never mind. I dont quite get your point.

Fight fight fight fight :rofl:

Buffalo Bill

Why don't you two bufties get a room and sort this out 'prison' style?

Buffalo Bill

chester copperpot
Fight fight fight fight :rofl:

I love WK, but sometimes reality hurts mate.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Oh quick a positive story about VR, lets all rush on the thread and rubbish it.

OR perhaps you should read it again!!!!!! Because it is actually good news!!

However, I expect the usual names to start arriving soon and picking it to bits!!!

What is the good news?

chester copperpot

Buffalo Bill

Me and you Bill, I'd steal yer book ;)

I saw it and found it a very strange article tbh. Very much an "I am doing really well" article that would promote Vladimir Romanov. A couple of interesting things came from it.

Irrespective of whatever back channel (hoping nobody puts a picture up) people think the cash came from, Hearts cannot say they profited from Velicka's transfer as he was not our player. Also, something that has been mentioned on another thread, how deep is the well? It is all fine and well saying that we can sell our best for millions and sort out the debt, but for that to happen we need to be both successful as a team and good at bringing through valuable youngsters. It would only work if every few years we could sell a Craig Gordon, sales of around ?1 Million will only service the overdraft.

It read like clutching at straws to me.

Walter Kidd

It's a gleam of positivity in a very dreary summer. Pardon me for being positive.

You've lived in the Weeg too long Hightower. Sense of humour transplant please.

Next.

our hands are tied with a 17000 capacity stadium, it has been proved in the past during the Levein era that finishing a distant 3rd each year does not lead to larger crowds, to help finance a better team on the park we need a larger stadium with better facilities, build it and they will come

The Old Tolbooth
our hands are tied with a 17000 capacity stadium, it has been proved in the past during the Levein era that finishing a distant 3rd each year does not lead to larger crowds, to help finance a better team on the park we need a larger stadium with better facilities, build it and they will come

As will more debt, I'd rather have the stadium we've got with a good team on the pitch.

Walter Kidd
Cheers for the head up, Walter - never seen the news and just read the story online.

Who knows what to believe.

No worries Gigalo. Good to see there are still some decent posters on this website.

Have a good summer pal. See you for a beer at Diggers at Andrew's book night?

So the best players at the club have been sold to return debt to the unacceptable levels that almost closed Tynecastle... for what? A Scottish Cup? Hardly something to shout about...

Unless your a Hibs supporter, then I don`t think any amount of debt would matter it would be acceptable.

:eek:

What's it like undercover?

As will more debt, I'd rather have the stadium we've got with a good team on the pitch.

that cant happen with the wages that will need to be paid tho', unless we can get rid of the bigot brothers

chester copperpot
It's a gleam of positivity in a very dreary summer. Pardon me for being positive.

You've lived in the Weeg too long Hightower. Sense of humour transplant please.

Next.

Probably mate, just fed up with Hearts. It kills me mate.

The Old Tolbooth
that cant happen with the wages that will need to be paid tho', unless we can get rid of the bigot brothers

To be honest, I think if he didn't have the stadium plans in mind, then would we possibly have a better team on the pitch just now? I think so, however we still wouldn't have a manager :confused:

Do you know where hell is

Buffalo Bill

What kind of jail have you been in? This isnt america mate.

chester copperpot
No need for the digs at the start Andrew.

I forgive.

I forgive you mate, no worries. ;)

Independence

Surely if anything has been proved over the last few years it is that :

to have a good team you need cash for signings and wages.

to achieve this at Hearts (in fact any team) you need more paying fans and loads of executive deals (whether you like them or not)

to achieve all this you need a bigger stadium.

The bigger stadium is needed for a better team and this IS part of the bigger picture!!!!

Gigolo-Aunt
No worries Gigalo. Good to see there are still some decent posters on this website.

Have a good summer pal. See you for a beer at Diggers at Andrew's book night?

Thats a roger on the beer at Andys book night, matey.

:)

troonjambo

i imagine your being sarcy mate we are indeed back to that but only by selling hartley and gordon who were both here when the mad one arrived so to cut to the chase we are just as skint but have a far far far weaker team and if the jungle drums are correct probably back to the same level of attendence

but i dont need to tell you that ;););)

Drylaw Hearts
How's that been proved?

We have a bigget stadium and bigger crowds than any other team in the SPL outside the OF. Whilst, bigger revenue from commercial activities.

We have by the biggest wage bill outside the OF by far, yet we finished 8th!

If the last few years has taught us anything, I would suggest it the importance of a good manager and the management team being supported and not undermined by the owner.

If we don't get these things in place we will just **** money up the wall as we have for the last so many years.

The bigger picture is if you do not manage the football side of the club effective, shiny stadiums will make no fecking difference.

I can't wait to read the reply to this.

The Old Tolbooth
I can't wait to read the reply to this.

Heh heh, would you like a big wooden spoon to stir it a little bit further DH ;)

How's that been proved?

We have a bigget stadium and bigger crowds than any other team in the SPL outside the OF. Whilst, bigger revenue from commercial activities.

If the last few years has taught us anything, I would suggest it the importance of a good manager and the management team being supported and not undermined by the owner.

If we don't get these things in place we will just **** money up the wall as we have for the last so many years.

The bigger picture is if you do not manage the football side of the club effective, shiny stadiums will make no fecking difference.

That's what it known in my line of work as a "Slam dunk".

Drylaw Hearts
Heh heh, would you like a big wooden spoon to stir it a little bit further DH ;)

No comment.

Dirk Diggler

Bite ma sheite.

lost in leith

All Fedotovas says is that the outlook for the year to 31/7/08 is "encouraging" and we are "targeting operational break even for the business in the mid to long term". We hope to stop losing money at some point in future - hold the front page!

The headline says that debt is below ?30m - that number is based on numbers which include the Velicka transfer fee, which was actually paid to Kaunas. It also seems to assume that you can work out the debt at 31/7/08 by taking the debt at 31/7/07, adding on the costs of the planning application and subtracting transfer fees. That assumes that we are breaking even on normal income v expenditure, which is obviously not the case.

If this was a negative article based on made up numbers it would be derided as "hobonomics". While I'd love to hear positive financial news, the reality is that this article is a lot of tom kite :mad:

To get to pre pieman debt would be a start... if we can get their and keep bigger crowds whilst making 4 - 7 mill a season in player sales then we'll be on a better track and facing the right way, so to speak... as long as we're collecting points at the same time of course.

Theirs a lot of ifs in that tho.

jambos are go!

This has been covered before. In the shambles that was the AGM Stuart Fraser was barely heard saying that he expected the club to shortly return to the inherited level of debt. Remember that includes servicing the inherited ?20million.

If another buyer came long and said I'll get you a Scottish Cup and CL place within 3 years within current finances would we not bite their hand off? And invest heavily in youth and community ties.

lost in leith
This has been covered before. In the shambles that was the AGM Stuart Fraser was barely heard saying that he expected the club to shortly return to the inherited level of debt. Remember that includes servicing the inherited ?20million.

If another buyer came long and said I'll get you a Scottish Cup and CL place within 3 years within current finances would we not bite their hand off? And invest heavily in youth and community ties.

At the AGM Stewart Fraser clearly stated that he expected the debt at 31/7/08 to be ?32m. It's not clear whether that assumed that we would receive the money for Bednar.

"Within current finances" :eek: Let's look at a key number - equity shareholder's deficit, ie the difference between liabilities and assets.

31/7/04 - ?6.148m

31/7/05 - ?6.677m

31/7/06 - ?12.444m (restated figure)

31/7/07 - ?24.891m

Vlad took over in February 2005. Since then the company has reduced in value by over ?18m. But he owes all the debt to himself so that's all right :wacko:

Maroon Mayhem

Buffalo Bill

You'll need to toss a coin for "Mummy or Daddy" ;)

Spellczech
How's that been proved?

Aberdeen have a bigger stadium than Hearts. Hibs have a bigger stadium than Hearts. Both get smaller crowds though...So what is the key to getting bigger crowds if it is not just a big stadium?

Flair football doesn?t work for Hibs... Finishing 3rd then 4th has not worked for Aberdeen...So it must be fanbase then I guess?

Aberdeen have a good travelling support because many of them are relics from the golden years who live in the central belt - but even they cannot be bothered going to Pittodrie.

Hearts DO have a big fanbase. The SC semi proved it is bigger than Hibs?.

So the conclusion must be - Field of dreams. Build the Stadium and then build the team just like the OF both did...and they will come.:)

Jubilee Spree
Aberdeen have a bigger stadium than Hearts. Hibs have a bigger stadium than Hearts. Both get smaller crowds though...So what is the key to getting bigger crowds if it is not just a big stadium?

Flair football doesn?t work for Hibs... Finishing 3rd then 4th has not worked for Aberdeen...So it must be fanbase then I guess?

Aberdeen have a good travelling support because many of them are relics from the golden years who live in the central belt - but even they cannot be bothered going to Pittodrie.

Hearts DO have a big fanbase. The SC semi proved it is bigger than Hibs?.

So the conclusion must be - Field of dreams. Build the Stadium and then build the team just like the OF both did...and they will come.:)

Not sure I go along with that - I think had the circumstances been reversed there would have been a similar shortfall in the Hearts support and a boost in Hibs supporters sniffing blood and giving a weakened Hearts team a doing.

Though in all honesty the fact that home games at Tynecastle have still been well attended would suggest that the core support (who would turn up to just about any game) is bigger at Hearts.

when did easter road get bigger than tynecastle, pretty sure we are a couple of hundred more

Jubilee Spree
[/color]

Unless your a Hibs supporter, then I don`t think any amount of debt would matter it would be acceptable.

I disagree with that - the cup has a frustrating obstacle which is as much down to the pressure put on each Hibs team to win it than anything else.

Personally though, 107 years or 170 years it doesn't get on my nerves half as much as people would imagine :rolleyes:

Jubilee Spree
when did easter road get bigger than tynecastle, pretty sure we are a couple of hundred more

Something to do with the Setanta area and the pitch shift - seats were removed so the capacity was reduced. Both teams have a lower capacity than Rugby Park so size isn't everything ;)

jambos are go!
At the AGM Stewart Fraser clearly stated that he expected the debt at 31/7/08 to be ?32m. It's not clear whether that assumed that we would receive the money for Bednar.

"Within current finances" :eek: Let's look at a key number - equity shareholder's deficit, ie the difference between liabilities and assets.

31/7/04 - ?6.148m

31/7/05 - ?6.677m

31/7/06 - ?12.444m (restated figure)

31/7/07 - ?24.891m

Vlad took over in February 2005. Since then the company has reduced in value by over ?18m. But he owes all the debt to himself so that's all right :wacko:

Sorry he may have said that as well but he also said what I said earlier.

Spellczech
Not sure I go along with that - I think had the circumstances been reversed there would have been a similar shortfall in the Hearts support and a boost in Hibs supporters sniffing blood and giving a weakened Hearts team a doing.

Though in all honesty the fact that home games at Tynecastle have still been well attended would suggest that the core support (who would turn up to just about any game) is bigger at Hearts.

We have potential to get 30,000 if we had the stadium and the team to merit it. We easily got 40,000 at the SC Final and we can get 25,000 to come to glamour friendlies which we all know are generally guff games. There are plenty of gloryhunting turncoats who would come and support a winning Edinburgh team - i?d take ?em if it meant my team could challenge...It would take a good few years of beating the OF to actually get anywhere near matching their 50-60,000 support but winning is such a turn-on to many football fans...It should never be underestimated. The clever thing that Murray and McCann did was to enlarge their grounds - it made the huge waste of money on terrible signings affordable.

:rofl:

That's the biggest load of sheeite I've ever seen.

What a walloper :laugh:

Drylaw Hearts
I disagree with that - the cup has a frustrating obstacle which is as much down to the pressure put on each Hibs team to win it than anything else.

Personally though, 107 years or 170 years it doesn't get on my nerves half as much as people would imagine :rolleyes:

Not even a little bit ?

cup%20final%2004.jpg

_41405479_hearts43416.jpg

hearts.jpg

Jubilee Spree
:rofl:

That's the biggest load of sheeite I've ever seen.

What a walloper :laugh:

Furry muff! :cool:

I know some fair weather hibbies who didn't go to the semi-final because they feared (rightly) getting yet another doing that season. I also know fair weather Hearts fans who went to the semi final and final and no other games that season.

So... um... there :)

Jubilee Spree
Not even a little bit ?

cup%20final%2004.jpg

_41405479_hearts43416.jpg

hearts.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'd be made up if we won it. But I guess I've accepted that there's a strong chance we'll never win it - we'll always managed to mess it up somehow. So the 107 years thing doesn't bother me - just like I'm sure all the 7-0 stuff doesn't reallybother a lot of people on here.

Archived