Bring out your riot gear

Morgan

campagnolo
There were scores of Hearts boys who changed to Hibs:sad: One had a Hearts tattoo while running with Hibs:confused: He was up at court charged with attacking Hearts fans and got the charges dropped when he showed his tattoo:mad:

The story becomes stranger all the time. Scores of fans changing teams and charges dropped because someone has the defense of a tattoo!!

come on........???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudolf's Mate
The story becomes stranger all the time. Scores of fans changing teams and charges dropped because someone has the defense of a tattoo!!

come on........???

How old are you? I'm doubting that you were out of nappies around 85-86 therefore are not best placed to actually give an account of what happened or who did what. If you are unable to ask one of your lot, in that I mean someone over 33 yrs of age then you are not going to get an accurate account.

I think we've dragged this on far enough. Aren't there any threads on the other side to have a chat about this????

It wasn`t all turncoating on the Hearts side. I know of a Hibs nut who turned on his own as they were heading into a ruck with a Hearts mob.

I saw him a few times seeking sanctuary amongst the Hearts mob that used to sit below the commentary box.

Paranoid world indeed!

Nucky Thompson

come on........???

Some people on this board will know what I'm talking about:cool: I'll give you this turncoats initials.. B.Mac and the story is true:rolleyes: the PF was reading out the charges to the Judge saying the accused was attacking Hearts fans, his lawyer butted in saying his client was also a Hearts fan and his tattoo was shown to the judge..The charges were dropped.

Ron Burgundy
Some people on this board will know what I'm talking about:cool: I'll give you this turncoats initials.. B.Mac and the story is true:rolleyes: the PF was reading out the charges to the Judge saying the accused was attacking Hearts fans, his lawyer butted in saying his client was also a Hearts fan and his tattoo was shown to the judge..The charges were dropped.

Does he not now drink in The Fountain?.

Rudolf's Mate

How long ago was that? When I was around BM was Hearts and his brother DM was the dark side if I'm talking about the same people as you. If it is, have to say that they are both top blokes that are very liked.

Nucky Thompson
How long ago was that? When I was around BM was Hearts and his brother DM was the dark side if I'm talking about the same people as you. If it is, have to say that they are both top blokes that are very liked.
The BM I'm talking about turned as far back as 1985:cool: He's got a big brother who is still a Jambo now but was never sure of his first name. I'm not saying BM is not a top bloke now:)

campagnolo

How old are you? I'm doubting that you were out of nappies around 85-86 therefore are not best placed to actually give an account of what happened or who did what. If you are unable to ask one of your lot, in that I mean someone over 33 yrs of age then you are not going to get an accurate account.

I think we've dragged this on far enough. Aren't there any threads on the other side to have a chat about this????

I'm 6. Thought we were having a discussion. Sorry that its dragged on and upset you. Its an interesting bit of edinburgh football history. The tattoo story if (hopefully) true is a cracker. You defense of what others call turncoats is xxl weird though

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I remember going to my first match at Tynecastle after living overseas in 1985 v DU.

I remember these guys with denims and jerseys tucked in reading and passing around National Front/ BNP newspapers.

They were all around 15-16 years old.

I luckily missed the Gorgie aggro period. I was too busy fighting Afrikaners when all this was going on. And those barstewards were big...

I accept that all this violence was unacceptable etc. But it was all good old fashioned British tribalism in one of it's many facets. Christ I remember chasing and being chased by Punks in the late 70's in Livi for my Mod badges etc. I was only about 12. The stories my ex -bootneck brother could tell you would fill a book: Fighting the Pumphie gangs whilst living in Crazyhill in Livi in the late 60's with dustbin lids and sticks with nails in them, fighting toerags from Blackridge whilst living in the 'dale, beating the sh*t out of punks, neds, local toughs and fellow Booties whilst serving Her Majesty in Her Royal Corps of Marines.

Really. It was just a laugh, you know...

Rudolf's Mate
I'm 6. Thought we were having a discussion. Sorry that its dragged on and upset you. Its an interesting bit of edinburgh football history. The tattoo story if (hopefully) true is a cracker. You defense of what others call turncoats is xxl weird though

You are correct it is a bit of interesting Edinburgh history. I am not upset at all however once someone has said that it was true you've come back trying to say it's not and I've merely tried showing you may not have been best placed to say this.

Maybe I'm defending those because I know first hand what it was like to be on both sides from mid 80's to mid 90's. We have all done things were not proud of however I'd like to point out that I was born and bred in Dalry and have always been a jambo!!!

Robertson9
You are right and some people do grow up! Though in saying that I was at the Heart v Airdire semi final at Hampden & a very respectable looking man in a suit threw a can of coke and broke my nose!!!

Lesson to be learnt....

Just because someone looks repectable doesn't mean they are!

Never trust a man in a suit!

When someone ducks in front of you, maybe you should also!

By any chance did you get nicked that day during the game?

If so was it when the Hearts kicked it off with the Old Bill at the bottom of the open terracing?

campagnolo
You are correct it is a bit of interesting Edinburgh history. I am not upset at all however once someone has said that it was true you've come back trying to say it's not and I've merely tried showing you may not have been best placed to say this.

Maybe I'm defending those because I know first hand what it was like to be on both sides from mid 80's to mid 90's. We have all done things were not proud of however I'd like to point out that I was born and bred in Dalry and have always been a jambo!!!

Fair enough. The bit I doubted is that there could have been scores of hearts in the ccs. If it were that many they could have done their own thing. However anything is possible. You are right we have most likely flogged this near to death but it was interesting.

cheers

Archived