Do we have ?25m of talent to sell

Jammy T

OK, given most people appear happy that Hearts do good business and sell players at a fair price on the basis that 1. we are a selling club, 2. we need the debt down - can we have a go at quantifying realistic values of players at the club Vlad could sell.

Might give us an idea of what our debt would be at the end of the summer. I've guessed our current debt is ?25m mark - given the transfer income of the last year. Of course I may be way off the mark what with unknown fees / agency costs etc that might be totted up to our list

Berra ?2m

Kingston ?3

Wallace ?1m

Driver ?1.5m

Jonsson ?500k

Jose ?1m

Ruben ?750k

Bruno ?400k

Chesney ?500k

Nade ?500k

Pinnila ?2m

?13.15m give or take a few hundred grand. Any advance?

So a debt of around ?12m.

Should we actively attempt to sell them all? Are we actively attempting to sell them all? Would we be happier if we did?

Should we actively attempt to sell them all? Are we actively attempting to sell them all? Would we be happier if we did?

No. No. No.

Dr. Bapswent

And who would play?

And what division would we be in?

And how would the supporters feel?

And what would the morale of the club be like?

And who would be happy to manage that?

I'd love to get the debt down to around 12 million and play some of the youngsters

I can handle bad football in place of a sustainable future for the club.

I don't think we'd get anywhere near the figures you are suggesting however.

And who would play?

Well football appears to be a side issue - and I'm not being facetious.

The jist of the Berra and Wallace threads are "if the price is right". I'm sure that would be the same for Jose and Kingston threads. Beyond that I doubt anyone would be that fussed about the others.

We know Vlad will sell if the price is right. We know he will sell whether or not there are suitable replacements.

So - what value do we place upon our sellable assets, and is getting down to ?12m worth getting rid of them for?

OK, given most people appear happy that Hearts do good business and sell players at a fair price on the basis that 1. we are a selling club, 2. we need the debt down - can we have a go at quantifying realistic values of players at the club Vlad could sell.

Might give us an idea of what our debt would be at the end of the summer. I've guessed our current debt is ?25m mark - given the transfer income of the last year. Of course I may be way off the mark what with unknown fees / agency costs etc that might be totted up to our list

Berra ?2m

Kingston ?3

Wallace ?1m

Driver ?1.5m

Jonsson ?500k

Jose ?1mRuben ?750k

Bruno ?400k

Chesney ?500k

Nade ?500kPinnila ?2m

Jose ?1m and Nade ?500k,you having a laugh,FFS you would be lucky to get ?400k for the two of them together.

Drylaw Hearts

Berra ?2m

Kingston ?3

Wallace ?1m

Driver ?1.5m

Jonsson ?500k

Jose ?1m

Ruben ?750k

Bruno ?400k

Chesney ?500k

Nade ?500k

Pinnila ?2m

Sell them all.

Get the debt down and get VR out of here.

Jose ?1m and Nade ?500k,you having a laugh,FFS you would be lucky to get ?400k for the two of them together.

Well I am trying to get a figure between what Vlad has said he wants, what they might be worth to other clubs and what we think of them

For example Jose is never a 1.3m Euro player but that is what Celta Vigo purportedly offered last season.

I dont think Berra is worth ?2m but that appears to be what might be on offer

So its not so much what I think they are valued at, or what value they are to the team, more what I think a team might pay for them

The precise fee is irrelevant though. Its the principle of selling every sellable asset and starting again that I am looking to prompt debate upon

Well I am trying to get a figure between what Vlad has said he wants, what they might be worth to other clubs and what we think of them

For example Jose is never a 1.3m Euro player but that is what Celta Vigo purportedly offered last season.

I dont think Berra is worth ?2m but that appears to be what might be on offer

So its not so much what I think they are valued at, or what value they are to the team, more what I think a team might pay for them

The precise fee is irrelevant though. Its the principle of selling every sellable asset and starting again that I am looking to prompt debate upon

TBH JT I don't think any club would pay decent money for Jose or Nade,they are above their level at the moment,so unless someone had a blind scout at our games then I think we are stuck with them or Vlad takes a massive hit and lets them go for what they are really worth,very little IMO.

Gerd Muller

I'd say Miko is worth at least ?400k-500k

Neilson ?250k

Makela ?250k

Beslija ?250k

There's another ?1m+!!

Drylaw Hearts

Neilson ?250k

Makela ?250k

Beslija ?250k

There's another ?1m+!!

Would YOU want Hearts to pay ?500,000 for Miko ?

I wouldn't.

And I don't expect any other Clubs to do so either.

funktasticlad

Berra, Kingston and Driver are ?1m players the rest of the squad have done nothing to merit fees of over a few hundred thou. Current Squad is worth ?10million quid if your lucky

Geoff Kilpatrick
Sell them all.

Do you think Vlad would sell?

Hardly. The whole FBK Kaunas team would arrive to fill the gaps.

Berra, Kingston and Driver are ?1m players the rest of the squad have done nothing to merit fees of over a few hundred thou. Current Squad is worth ?10million quid if your lucky

Sorry to disagree, but that's utter p!sh mate ;)

Berra is worth at least ?1.75m - ?2.5m

Kingston is worth over ?2m

Driver is maybe worth ?1m, i'll give you that one

Vlad - reading this thread - has a lightbulb moment

Do you think he wouldnt do that? Do you think it is impossible?

He pretty much knows this is his last squeeze on season tickets. Once people hand over money he can do what he wants.

Why wouldnt he cash in every sellable asset and loan the Kaunas team wholesale. What makes you think he wouldnt do that.

Its economic cost cutting at its purest most effective level.

Maximize income - player sales / customer sales through season tickets. Then offer cheaper produce once people are committed financially.

funktasticlad
Sorry to disagree, but that's utter p!sh mate ;)

Berra is worth at least ?1.75m - ?2.5m

Kingston is worth over ?2m

Driver is maybe worth ?1m, i'll give you that one

Should say ?1m + my bad.

Agree with your valuations but outwith those three hearts dont have a player thats worth or should bo worth anymore than 500k at a push Jonsson due to his international status but the likes of Jose Karipidis Bruno Ruben Makela Wallace Neilson Miko Chesney Nade Pinnila have done sfa to prove or merit any more than a 500k transfer.

Neilson ?250k

Makela ?250k

Beslija ?250k

There's another ?1m+!!

If anyone offered anything near these amounts for these huddies I'd personally carry them there!

Drylaw Hearts

Do you think VR will keep us forever ?

funktasticlad
If anyone offered anything near these amounts for these huddies I'd personally carry them there!

I take over when you got tired

The thing everyone is missing is why would Vlad want to reduce the debt, while is bank is receiving interest payments every month on it?

Reduced debt = Reduced monthly UKIO Bankas income.

CO might want the debt down, but Vlad?

The thing everyone is missing is why would Vlad want to reduce the debt, while is bank is receiving interest payments every month on it?

A good point

It presupposes every penny from every sale goes into Hearts overdraft though.

Maybe Vlad charges an "agency" fee for every transfer? Didnt we have ?3.8m of vague unexplained costs on the most recent account?

This really get's me as well,why are HMFC paying interest on money that is owned by the bank in the first place or the same company.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Do you think VR will keep us forever ?

He might out of stubborness!

Have you ever known a more stubborn owner of this club than Vladimir Romanov?

Nelly Terraces

Or a bigger mentalist?:wacko:

Drylaw Hearts

Mercer and Robinson were stubborn owners also.

I think VR will be gone within 2 years.

And we will still be playing in front of the current Main Stand when he leaves.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Mercer and Robinson never owned the club in the way that Vlad does. No one has ever owned a larger share of the club than him.

Geoff Kilpatrick
This really get's me as well,why are HMFC paying interest on money that is owned by the bank in the first place or the same company.

Does it get you as well that they are prepared to loan us capital that they haven't got a realistic hope of repaying unless the debt was swopped to equity?

we beat both of the infirm with these same players and under proper management the squad could be half decent. driver, jonsson, wallace and even berra have potential to get better, with a steady work enviroment i'm pretty damn sure they would all look better on the pitch. lets not start rippin the players, it's the lack of a real manager that is the cause of our downfall. under the proper conditions we would all value these players way more than we are here. personally, i think driver could end up very good and compared to some. (mcgeady plays the same position) the price on his head makes driver worth everybit and more of the ?1.5m being quoted on here.

Nelly Terraces

Yeah DH, but they weren't nuts like this comedian in charge just now.:wacko:

Sell them all.

That is what I was thinking

If only

Drylaw Hearts
Mercer and Robinson never owned the club in the way that Vlad does. No one has ever owned a larger share of the club than him.

But they were still very stubborn.

Drylaw Hearts
Yeah DH, but they weren't nuts like this comedian in charge just now.:wacko:

Comedians normally make me laugh NT.

I don't really buy this whole cust cutting thing.

Its doesn't add as long as we are willing to pay wages we can't afford. To be honest I think its just a myth used to justify Vlads actions.

I also doubt the debt is as low as 25m, considering the amount of money we seem to loose year on year. Even with a reduced wage bill etc, I suspect Vlad will continue to speculate on making profit on players (ie. Pinnila) and probablly get it wrong.

The players we seem to have made money recently are not the ones been identified brought to the club by Vlad. They were existing players or somone elses signings.

I supsect the debt, may continue to increase due to a bad signing policy.

I would think Vlad would sell every player at the club if he made a profit on them. What I don't think he would do is cut his losses on someone. ie. He would not sell Goncalves for what he paid for him or less.

Not convinced Vlad sees any bigger picture.

I do think we are becomming like the Hobos. Where finances are judged as being more important than on the pitch. Now don't get me wrong I don't think we should see the mismanagement we have witnessed under Vlad and CPR. However, I don't think we should be almost celeberating players sales and not caring about what happens on the park.

FFS we are a football team. I just think too many of us are many execuses for us being crap at the moment!

I agree with every single word - good post

bobsinclar

Berra ?2m

Kingston ?3

Wallace ?1m

Driver ?1.5m

Jonsson ?500k

Jose ?1m

Ruben ?750k

Bruno ?400k

Chesney ?500k

Nade ?500k

Pinnila ?2m

I think these valuations are too high. esp. kingston, he's so overrated.

BervieJambo

Berra ?2m

Kingston ?3

Wallace ?1m

Driver ?1.5m

Jonsson ?500k

Jose ?1m

Ruben ?750k

Bruno ?400k

Chesney ?500k

Nade ?500k

Pinnila ?2m

We finished 8th in the SPL:mad: - how can we claim to have any million pound players? If we get offered anywhere near the amounts quoted above, we should take the money and run.

I think those three are worth around 6 to 7 million between them.

But Jose'??????????,...................and 2 million for Pinilla,...............you've really got to be kidding with that one !! He'll cost twice as much on rehab fees over the next few years.

Rawrrrrrrr

Vlad might think we do in his deluded brain but asset wise this is what I think we could command for players based on current form and circumstances

Goalkeepers - None of saleable value

Defenders - Neilson 2-300k, Thomson Nominal and a sell on, Karapidis 150-400k, Berra 2m, Jose 300k and sell on, Wallace 750k

Midfielders - Miko 600k, Chesney 600k, Larry 2.5mn, Eggert 1mn plus performance based, Ruben 150k, Driver 600k

Strikers - Glen 500k plus big bonuses, Elliot and Mole 200k and bonuses, Pinilla 750k, Nade 400k

Youth : McGowan (300k plus performance based), copil 150k ish, Husband 150kish

Sadly the rest of our players I think we would struggle to sell as even if someone would take them there contracts and wages would put them off

What makes it worse is these players all put in cost significantly more than we could realistically gather for them

All in all unless vlad does one and lets a proper manager do his thing we are ball deep in a torture chamber:mad:

Arnold Rothstein
I think these valuations are too high. esp. kingston, he's so overrated.

Here here. The one player in our squad who the fans seem to love despite his performances being distinctly average and him taking a massive wage every week. He can leave now as far as i am concerned. A luxury we cannot afford.

scott herbertson
Vlad might think we do in his deluded brain but asset wise this is what I think we could command for players based on current form and circumstances

Goalkeepers - None of saleable value

Defenders - Neilson 2-300k, Thomson Nominal and a sell on, Karapidis 150-400k, Berra 2m, Jose 300k and sell on, Wallace 750k

Midfielders - Miko 600k, Chesney 600k, Larry 2.5mn, Eggert 1mn plus performance based, Ruben 150k, Driver 600k

Strikers - Glen 500k plus big bonuses, Elliot and Mole 200k and bonuses, Pinilla 750k, Nade 400k

Youth : McGowan (300k plus performance based), copil 150k ish, Husband 150kish

Sadly the rest of our players I think we would struggle to sell as even if someone would take them there contracts and wages would put them off

What makes it worse is these players all put in cost significantly more than we could realistically gather for them

All in all unless vlad does one and lets a proper manager do his thing we are ball deep in a torture chamber:mad:

I don't think you are that far off on some but i would differ on:

Defenders -

Neilson 2-300k, Think you might get a little more

Thomson Nominal and a sell on, Karapidis 150-400k, Berra 2m, Jose 300k and sell on, Wallace 750k

Midfielders -

Miko 600k, Chesney 600k, Can't see anyone paying for either

Larry 2.5mn,

Eggert 1mn plus performance based, Might get more - there have been a few stories of interest and he's getting his game at international level

Ruben 150k,

Driver 600k Agree now but has potential for more if he has a decent season

Strikers - Glen 500k plus big bonuses,

Elliot and Mole 200k and bonuses, woth nothing I think - didn't succeed at a lower level so why would anyone want them for a fee plus they are on big wages

Pinilla 750k, Not sure - the eternal enigma - play him three games in a row and his value will shoot up

Nade 400k Hasn't done his value any favours - any medical worth it's salt would reject him

Youth : McGowan (300k plus performance based),

copil 150k ish, Husband 150kish Not sure we would get fees - there are a lotof youth players around and most lower level clubs pick up better clubs' rejects for free

Jubilee Spree

Problem is, if you sell two or three players other teams (and agents) will sniff a fire sale and the rest of the valuations placed on these players will tumble.

Hate to say it but the only real saleable asset that could clear the debt is Tynecastle.

And who would play?

romanov's philosophy is sell, sell, sell.

romanov + no pride, no honour, no loyalty and no ambition.

Walter Kidd
Problem is, if you sell two or three players other teams (and agents) will sniff a fire sale and the rest of the valuations placed on these players will tumble.

Hate to say it but the only real saleable asset that could clear the debt is Tynecastle.

Sniff sniff.:hobofish:

Vlad may be "mad" but how can you fault his business acumen Skacel went for a lot more that he was bought for ditto Bednar and for the icing on the top CG no one can tell me that pieman or any other would have prised ?9 mil for Gordon, he was a scottish internationalist and that usualy carries no stock( except laughing) in EPL. he was well shafted over webster also beslija and makela look to be hard to shift.

I'm no financial wiz but is it possible that ukio/Vlad are using Hearts to carry company debt and as such pay no tax on profit in the UK.

Did vlad not inherit a lot of piemans debt like buying up VAT bills from bankrupt companies to offset any company profit as I stated I have no financial knowhow so if I am totally wrong be gentle with me eh ?

Hearts of Vladland

If Hearts sell all there high priced players but keep the players that can keep them in the top six and aren't wage theifs. We could lose all the debt and start to make a profit and then buy the player that could challange the OF.

scott herbertson
romanov's philosophy is sell, sell, sell.

romanov + no pride, no honour, no loyalty and no ambition.

He isn't very good at it then

So far he's bought bought bought more than he's sold sold sold

Hence the debt

We finished 8th in the SPL:mad: - how can we claim to have any million pound players? If we get offered anywhere near the amounts quoted above, we should take the money and run.

I agree - a lot of people seem to miss that point that the main reason we finished 8th this season is that quite simply we're not very good. There are very few players in the squad that I would have a problem with us selling - as long as we get a decent price for them.

Archived