Augustyn's Red Card

SpikeDudley

Fouls happen and yellow cards happen but the above word sums it up for mostly all out bookings.  As said above there are about 6 or 7 culprits that leave you with no faith in them.

I don't see how you can make a case for something you didn't see. It wasn't needless. It was a tackle at the edge of the box that needed to be made. It was on Henderson who then made a total meal of it. As someone else pointed out, Thomson had carried out two similar tackles on Walker in the previous 5 minutes and didn't pick up a booking.

I don't see how you can make a case for something you didn't see. It wasn't needless. It was a tackle at the edge of the box that needed to be made. It was on Henderson who then made a total meal of it. As someone else pointed out, Thomson had carried out two similar tackles on Walker in the previous 5 minutes and didn't pick up a booking.

Who cares if Thomson fouled ffs we need to focus 100% on our discipline.

He threw the ball back to the hibs player ffs hardly like he'd lost his discipline.

Walter Payton

The ref was shocking.

Walker was constantly fouled but he let every Hibs player away with it.

Then Augustyn clips a player and gets booked. I wasn't sure it was even a foul.

I'm glad you both posted this, as Hendrick's earlier comment suggesting a rash needless tackle from behind left me scratching my head. Augustyn's first tackle was straight on (rather than from behind) and I didn't think it was even a foul, let alone a yellow (even if he didn't get the ball it certainly wasn't deserving of a yellow, especially compared to Thomson) and Henderson made a meal of it. His second yellow was simply wrong.

It's obvious a lot of posters today are sharing their opinions on the match having only listened on the radio or maybe seeing the Sky Sports minute long highlights. Cummings 2nd yellow wasn't harsh IMO- the Sky Sports edited clip of him kicking the ball away was actually the 2nd time he'd done it since the free kick had been given. He was clearly time wasting and deserved the 2nd card.

Rudolf's Mate

Has anyone watched the footage of the incident? As soon as the ball is thrown Beaton makes a beeline for Augustyn whilst reaching into his pocket. There was zero time for the Hibs players to even react so it was definitely not because of that. He seen the incident himself. Why he said what he did to Robbie, I've no idea but regardless of that Augustyn lost his temper and threw the ball as hard as he could. 

Walter Payton

Has anyone watched the footage of the incident? As soon as the ball is thrown Beaton makes a beeline for Augustyn whilst reaching into his pocket. There was zero time for the Hibs players to even react so it was definitely not because of that. He seen the incident himself. Why he said what he did to Robbie, I've no idea but regardless of that Augustyn lost his temper and threw the ball as hard as he could.

I think a professional athlete throwing the ball "as hard as he could" would have resulted in it ending up further than 20 yards away, and conveniently to the place where the free kick was due to be taken.

Rudolf's Mate

I think a professional athlete throwing the ball "as hard as he could" would have resulted in it ending up further than 20 yards away, and conveniently to the place where the free kick was due to be taken.

He threw the ball in anger. People suggesting he rolled it or simply passed it are deluded.

Like I said before, I'm not saying it warranted a card however he's done himself no favours by giving the ref an option.

ChunkyCharlie

Hopefully the club will appeal this as it appears the ref made a mistake which he quickly balanced up by sending off Cummings.

You cant appeal two yellows.

For me it was the way Madden went into warp drive the minute Augustyn did it, he race towards him and had the card out in a flash.

Cummings did something similar minutes later and Madden was going to let it go, it looked like Hearts players telling him about Augusty that made him act.

Madden could not wait to send off a Jambo, but was forced to do the same to a hibby for something the same.

Just very poor incompetent officials we have.

He threw the ball in anger. People suggesting he rolled it or simply passed it are deluded.

Like I said before, I'm not saying it warranted a card however he's done himself no favours by giving the ref an option.

If the ball ends up where the free kick is how is that a booking, no matter how he throws it?

Randle P McMurphy

Beaton is worse than collum, who is absolutely shite in his own right. Augustyn should be applauded for his restraint.

stirlingshirejambo

For me it was the way Madden went into warp drive the minute Augustyn did it, he race towards him and had the card out in a flash.

Cummings did something similar minutes later and Madden was going to let it go, it looked like Hearts players telling him about Augusty that made him act.

Madden could not wait to send off a Jambo, but was forced to do the same to a hibby for something the same.

Just very poor incompetent officials we have.

Madden wasn't at Easter road

It was Beaton

avhudtheteeshirt

Sorry to say it again but statistics don't lie!

Killie V Rangers: 30 fouls = 3 bookings

Hibs V Hearts: 26 fouls = 11 bookings leading to 2 red cards

Which game had the referee trying to make a name for himself!!!!!

So you are happy with one rule for us and another rule for the opposition?

Malinga the Swinga

The worst tackle in the match was in the build up to the first offside incident when Duada's goal was chopped off. Ball played through, Hearts man dummies it and is totally wiped out by Hibs defender diving in but nothing done. Why not go back and book him.

As for The 2 reds, Augustyn's one was just ridiculous. He threw the ball straight to Hibs player and never did anything wrong. As for Cummings booking, he wasn't even going to book him till Hearts players protested, and then he booked Juanma for complaining, before then going on to book and send off Cummings. If Juanma hadn't complained, would Cummings have got off. If he had booked Cummings straight away, then Juanma wouldn't have had to protest .

Shocking display from a referee who hadn't a clue as to what he was doing.

The worst tackle in the match was in the build up to the first offside incident when Duada's goal was chopped off. Ball played through, Hearts man dummies it and is totally wiped out by Hibs defender diving in but nothing done. Why not go back and book him.

As for The 2 reds, Augustyn's one was just ridiculous. He threw the ball straight to Hibs player and never did anything wrong. As for Cummings booking, he wasn't even going to book him till Hearts players protested, and then he booked Juanma for complaining, before then going on to book and send off Cummings. If Juanma hadn't complained, would Cummings have got off. If he had booked Cummings straight away, then Juanma wouldn't have had to protest .

After we started celebrating the goal, I expected Beaton to go back and book book the Hibs player and give us a free kick.

He won't, it won't and it's far more likely that Robbie will be called in to explain his comments in the News and fined.

Covering up for Referees errors is a well practised drill at the SFA.

Sadly, I think you're spot on. :sad:

Disagree. It's such a random and arbitrary booking that he could equally have let the ball run through to Alexander and been booked for time wasting

At the game I thought Cummings second yellow was a tit for tat second yellow, watching it again it is a stick on yellow all day long. Augustyn second yellow is a farcical decision from the ref.

Scottish Footie is shite pandering to UEFA , should have been on tv for 200, 000 jambos

Aye well the entire Hibs support must have been at the game.

The only reason it was a sell out was Hearts fans and neutrals in the home end.

I know a few Celtic fans who were there, got tickets no problem.

luckyBatistuta

Thought at the time Augustyn just threw it away in anger and Cumming was to level things for the same offence. After watching it again on tv now, I think both are harsh.

Rudolf's Mate

Disagree. It's such a random and arbitrary booking that he could equally have let the ball run through to Alexander and been booked for time wasting

I get the point you're trying to make but it's not a very good one. I don't think it's deserving of a booking however the ref can claim he showed dissent, We're debating his actual actions not something he might or might not have done.

Randle P McMurphy

I get the point you're trying to make but it's not a very good one. I don't think it's deserving of a booking however the ref can claim he showed dissent, We're debating his actual actions not something he might or might not have done.

Raising your eyebrows could be seen as a sign of dissent, it wouldn't have been any less ridiculous than what he did send him off for

Quite funny Stubbs saying Cummings never left the pitch . He did . Then went on to say Cummings was trying to retrieve the ball . He wasn't

We're still out the cup though

Hanlon on Walker, aye. He then could afford to take Paterson out for the free kick on the edge of the box later in the match.

Ref was very poor for both teams tbh

Archived