Drinking in the Pub Alone

AlphonseCapone

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot to be said for having the occasional quiet pint or two on your own. It's never been something I've felt in the least inhibited about.

I quite like occasionally sitting with a book and glass of wine. Don't do it often but usually enjoy it when I do

Not a problem doing this. Sometimes you just really get the urge for a proper beer and I rarely drink beer in the house as it just doesn't taste the same as draught. Also another one who is away for work quite a bit so have spent many a quiet night in a foreign pub or eating place with a good book or a paper. As someone said a damn sight better than sitting in a hotel room watching rotten telly on your own. a bit of people watching with a beer is way better than that.

Doctor FinnBarr

I go out myself on a regular basis but staying in a village means I know most folks in the pubs anyway. Holidays are a different matter, wife and daughter park me in a pub with good people watching facilities whilst they go shopping. Can't beat it, beer, sun and watching the world go by.

I'm a bit away from being comfortable enough to do that just yet. I get bored and feel awkward drinking myself waiting on someone turn up.

Maybe that's an age thing though.

Drinking in the house is something I'm getting into more. Love having a few beers and kicking back with a film, or a bit of Fifa/FM. And of course your own choice of music all night.

heartgarfunkel

Cheers folks, got up early to try and get ahead with work, fannied about on the Internet, watched that pirate flags thing on Amazon, have just read this thread and I'm now choking on a couple of solo jars! Cheers, will be raising a Jimmy Nae mates glass to you all in about half an hour! [emoji482][emoji482][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived