What do you say to our new additions about the Derby

kimosavi

Always wondered what our players/staff would say to the new additions joining the Famous heart of Midlothian about going into their 1st Derby

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they will say much, just sit them down in front of the big screen and let them watch that Famous Day where we should have scored TEN. They will then realise what it means to play for the Famous!

alwaysthereinspirit

If its Robbie saying it then lets hope he takes heed of his own words. Time for Robbie to set us up to wipe them off the face of the map.

luckyBatistuta

Listen carefully now guys, after the 5th goes in, I don't want to see you take your foot off the gas?Destroy Them!!!

Tynecastle Valhalla

they will be right up for it, so let's make sure we are even more so

we have the ability to win this game

we are at home

go out and destroy them

it will be a hostile atmosphere so dont lose your head despite being pumped up for it, we need composure too

We could get Gary Locke in to do the team talk. He seemed to know what it was about to beat them....

1 of the few good things Gary Locke could do was get the team up for a Derby.

Tin hat on, braced for the slagging etc. but let Gary Locke have a wee word.

Not on tactics or anything like that but just a few minutes to let the players know who we are, what they are and how vital it is that we win.

JJ and Paulo let Lockie motivate them and he obviously did it himself when he was head coach.

I reckon from Gary's arrival with JJ and his 2014 departure Hearts won 12 of 19 derbies and lost just 3. He never lost a derby as a player, I believe.

Edit: beaten to it, I see. ?

Hibs are ****ing brutal.

They are the perpetual bottle merchants of football, never mind of Scottish football.

All of their talk about flair, creative football, and the rest is simply because they are shitting it, and they themselves know they are not good enough.

We do not lose to that shower of shite.  Not now, not ever.

They know it.  We know it.

Get ****ing into them, and show them where they belong.

I'm sure various ex-Hearts players have stated that they are told in no uncertain terms that we do not lose to Hibs. It is as simple as that and is hammered into them from Day 1.

Fruitmachine76

We are Heart of Midlothian. We do not lose to this mob.

Defeat is not an option.

First reply nails it. Can't add to, or surpass the above.

If its Robbie saying it then lets hope he takes heed of his own words. Time for Robbie to set us up to wipe them off the face of the map.

Very much this. If our players don't go into this realising that losing is simply not an option, there will be something far wrong.

The People's Chimp

I believe that all new recruits are told "we don't lose to Hibs" when the sign.

Robbie and Levein will make sure the new guys know the score.

I'd just sit them down in front of a screen and play a brief history of both clubs and then  some derby video compilations that show the intensity of the game action but also the passion of the fans. They'll understand defeat is not an option.

We had managers that couldn't speak english and we still pumped them, it doesn't even need words to motivate players against those diddys, majority of players just get what it means

The quotes are on the wall in the changing room, Dave MacKay and John Cummings, make them read them then let them hear us roar as they come out the tunnel, we can help them as much as anyone.

Shouldn't need to tell them anything, they should be going into the game ready to hump some irrelevant lower league mob :fth:

Whatever impact you have on the game. The fans will never forget it. So make sure it's a positive one.

We do not lose to Hibs. No matter what happens during the game nothing will ever be as painful for them as defeat. So keep your emotions in check and hit them where it hurts most.

I'd just say nothing and show them this

:scenes:  :verysmug:  :yas:  :yas:  :yas:  :yas:

I love that video!!! Apparently we're all "f*ckin animals"; that's rich coming from a Hibee!

More scenes like these on Sunday please Hearts!!

I'd just say nothing and show them this

Ok lads, watched the goals? Nice eh now read this bobsharp, on 03 Feb 2016 - 5:05 PM, said:

I can't honestly remember my life without Hearts, I didn't get to see them until I was ten, that was seventy one years ago. But, because of my Dad's almost insane passion for them always knew they were there. Once I saw them at Tynecastle from a seat in the south stand, I am sure it was against Third Lanark, I was hooked and it became a love affair for me.

I will be married fifty six years this year, we have both got old together, like my wife whom I still love wtih all my heart, my love for Hearts is still the same. Not like it was when I was young, still deep, but life throws so much at you as you age that the emotions are just as strong but different. I still bleed when Hearts lose, like now my stomach still goes around in anticipation of a game such as coming up on Sunday, but as I say life and its happenings teaches you that you win some, you lose some, nothing is perfect. I love my children, and my grandchildren, and even my unseen great grandchild, but like my wife its like she and Hearts have been a physical part of me all my life, like a limb, always there, always part of me.

We had managers that couldn't speak english and we still pumped them, it doesn't even need words to motivate players against those diddys, majority of players just get what it means

Locke has already been mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought Police

Not just the new additions, my instinct last year was that the current crop hadn't had it drilled into them

If its Robbie saying it then I hope he opens his mouth when he speaks instead of mumbling.

Stephen Muddie

"Hi meet Hibs. They hate us because we own them. We quite like having them to roger silly from time to time lol"

"Vot is de plan boss?"

"Ready, protect, kick their arses up to their neck."

"I do not understand boss"

"Oh FFS... just fecking destroy them alright? My wicked rhymes are lost on you dougnuts"

"Ok boss"

Didn't someone from Lochend say the big difference is that Hibs go out hoping to win, Hearts go out expecting to win.

If so, that Hibernian person summed it up perfectly.

Bazzas right boot

Hopefully any team talk us about winning, hibs or otherwise.

If we want to think bigger we need to be up for all games, Hamilto X2 along with killie and dundee at home have cost us a slim chance of the title.

We are better, go out and prove it should be talk when playing hibs and 99% of this league.

ToadKiller Dog

You don't need to say anything they would've seen John Cummings quote on the wall .

The rest is up to them .

Always wondered what our players/staff would say to the new additions joining the Famous heart of Midlothian about going into their 1st Derby

Score a goal in this game and u will be a big hit right away.

We say feck all. They're professionals paid a decent wedge to do a professional job no matter who they're playing.

I'll leave motivational speeches and battle cries to the Gary Locke's of this world.

Archived