#chersnowbyl

Rab

3 or 4 inches on the ground here in Washington DC right now, forecast to be 18-20 12 hours from now followed by thundersnow and another 12 inches. All the airports are closed and public transportation is shut down. All that's left is the zombies.

Kickback, it was fun. From being kicked off the offishul site, to Godsa and the telly, to Cent and Boom, to IrvineJambo and WAJ. Keep it real.

Adios :(

K6Xjzcm.jpg

Don't worry, the weather in the states has been one of the main news items on the news over here today. Don't know why, but it has.

Was fine though, I have seen a woman take a brilliant fall at least 3 times since 6 pm.

3 or 4 inches on the ground here in Washington DC right now, forecast to be 18-20 12 hours from now followed by thundersnow and another 12 inches. All the airports are closed and public transportation is shut down. All that's left is the zombies.

Kickback, it was fun. From being kicked off the offishul site, to Godsa and the telly, to Cent and Boom, to IrvineJambo and WAJ. Keep it real.

K6Xjzcm.jpg

That's looks not too bad.

Forecasting 2 foot of snow over the weekend though. Nasty.

We had something resembling winter last week. Back to the year-round Autumnal wind, light drizzle and mild temperatures now. Exciting stuff.

Just saw the news from Washington.

Saying public transport etc is off today.

It didn't look bad. An inch or 2.

Hardly newsworthy here.

That's brilliant Rab :rofl: serves the numpty right, going out jogging in that :facepalm:

. That wasn't the one. Women was crossing road, fell in front of a car. Stay safe OP.

Bridge of Djoum

Pretty bad here in NYC. 6 inches so far, and forecast to snow until at least 1am.

Captain Sausage

Pretty bad here in NYC. 6 inches so far, and forecast to snow until at least 1am.

Started snowing while we were out last night. Hasn't stopped since. Looking forward to trekking round the shops today...

Bridge of Djoum

Started snowing while we were out last night. Hasn't stopped since. Looking forward to trekking round the shops today...

Bugger that. I'll be finishing work and heading straight home to open a nice Balvenie 14 I bought yesterday.

Good luck on the shopping!

Stephen Muddie

Still snowing.

vleyLv1.jpg

Wow I've never seen brick town houses like that before.

Do your neighbours realise they could make a killing splitting those up into 6 studio apartments?

Captain Sausage

Bugger that. I'll be finishing work and heading straight home to open a nice Balvenie 14 I bought yesterday.

Good luck on the shopping!

Hanging hard too but at least it's fresh outside and it'll hopefully be quieter!

Bridge of Djoum

Hanging hard too but at least it's fresh outside and it'll hopefully be quieter!

Streets/traffic so quiet when I came in to work at 6.30. Still dead now.

You'll have Manhattan to yourself!

4237b8962ff0c2e0c4e169f99a9c3b92.jpg

Getting heavier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the sign at the bottom left telling you to do to your dog??

alwaysthereinspirit

K6Xjzcm.jpg

Here in Boston our first snow fall last year was January 27. From then till the end of March we received 9 more feet.

Nice knowing you. Sure they'll find your body some time around June. :)

Found it- never heard this before

To lead (a dog) off the sidewalk into the gutter so that it can excrete waste.

Bridge of Djoum

Like telling it to shut up?

Ha!

I always thought it really meant ''kerb'', as in, take the dog to the edge of the pavement and let it do its business there, rather than in the middle of the sidewalk. But yes, curb suggests reigning in.

Bridge of Djoum

Found it- never heard this before

I'd have thought that was kerb, and not curb.

Ah well, something learned I suppose.

willie wallace

Its surely not snowing in Houston?

Wow I've never seen brick town houses like that before.

Do your neighbours realise they could make a killing splitting those up into 6 studio apartments?

They are all apartments.

I'd have thought that was kerb, and not curb.

Ah well, something learned I suppose.

I just realised, maybe there was something funny about Curb Your Enthusiasm after all!

Bridge of Djoum

I just realised, maybe there was something funny about Curb Your Enthusiasm after all!

If there was, I missed it too!

Stephen Muddie

They are all apartments.

Thank goodness. They look really good and uniform. If it was here they'd all have different windows and mad patches of harling on them. Looks a braw street and a nice wintry scene. Pretty Meh in the regional administration centre today :sad:

Bridge of Djoum

One of the best comedies ever made.

I find it like Seinfeld. Entertaining, but just not that funny. I like Seinfeld a lot, but I've never laughed at it. Others find it hilarious.

Horses for courses I suppose.

Bridge of Djoum

All non-emergency vehicles banned from the roads after 2.30pm today. Buses were stopped at noon. Subway still running until further notice.

Just heading across the road for a game of pool then a couple of pints and a wee walk home. What are you guys up to?

:greggy:

NYPD Chief has said that anyone on the roads after 2:30 pm will be lifted.

New Yorkers are a bunch of shirtlifters.

#shotsfired

5 minutes of this pish already on Sky News headlines at 11pm now.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions that Sky didn't cover, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Space Mackerel

Let me know if you have any follow up questions that Sky didn't cover, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Is it snowy?

Is it cold?

OK. Why would you build a capital city in a place that's 100 degrees with 100% humidity in the summer and gets filled with feet of snow in the winter?

Space Mackerel

OK. Why would you build a capital city in a place that's 100 degrees with 100% humidity in the summer and gets filled with feet of snow in the winter?

I would've picked the Keys to live if I flitted over there.

Why is this headline news in the UK?

Ah just the usual reinforcement I reckon- Russia = bad, Putin's a murder-ordering paedo, meanwhile let's empathise with our American friends.

-17 in Moscow tonight btw, surely that deserves a menchy if snow in NY does!

Archived