"Big Clubs" showing signs of Recovery...

Clerry Jambo

Keith Jackson is a knob. A weegie centric knob. I like how throwing derisory offers in for O'Halloran means that "Again, this seems to provide solid proof Dave King and his board are not just cleansing their club but also have the wherewithal to properly fund Mark Warburton?s rebuild."

How the mighty have fallen eh? ?100 odd k, suggests Dave King is the real deal? Away tae ****!

And his disparaging remarks re Aberdeens title challenge? ("Aye, they've been decent but no one really expects them to challenge the mighty Sellick", to paraphrase). What a tit.

No disrespect to the OP, but it's no wonder I stopped reading rags like the DR years ago...ma heart is racing off the back of this one single article fur **** sake! ;-)

Keith Jackson = *****

No offence taken Sifter, Jackson is a knob, but I get the jist of Aberdeen, Hearts and the losers getting their acts together.

Lets face it, if Rangers and Hibs both get up next season it will be a "tastier league"

Keith Jackson desperately trying to convince everyone that Scottish football need a strong Rangers. Pathetic. Rangers will probably come up this year, but they'll still be miles away from a team that can win the Premiership. Hibs will be extremely lucky to get promoted this season. League reconstruction may be their only hope, and that won't happen until 2017/18.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

No offence taken Sifter, Jackson is a knob, but I get the jist of Aberdeen, Hearts and the losers getting their acts together.

Lets face it, if Rangers and Hibs both get up next season it will be a "tastier league"

I think you and I both have different tastes! While Derby matches are enjoyable, I don't see how Hibs will enhance the top league, and TRFC will bring more of what is wrong with Scottish football than anything worthwhile, and leave a bad taste in any respectable person's mouth.

In truth, Keith Jackson and the rest of the Scottish media aren't in the least bit interested in what TRFC, or Hibs, can do to benefit the Premiership, he, and the rest, are only interested in what being in the Premiership can do for TRFC.

For decades, hibs have offered Scottish football practically nothing, except for a few laughs.

They appear to have found their level, & in the play offs, I for one hope they get relegated :)

I look forward to Rangers and the shite coming up if that is what is to be.

We proved last season that big clubs like Rangers can be toppled and I have every confidence in the current setup doing just that. We have already set a marker down this season and last.

Gene Parmesan

Good article. With Hibs and Rangers in the Premiership, plus a great rivalry with Aberdeen forming between us, we'd be playing huge matches every month. Presuming four games a season against each of them, that's 16 out of 38 games that guarantee a huge crowd and great atmosphere.

Of course, if one or both of Rangers and Hibs don't come up, that'll be hilarious and life will go on ;)

I think you and I both have different tastes! While Derby matches are enjoyable, I don't see how Hibs will enhance the top league, and TRFC will bring more of what is wrong with Scottish football than anything worthwhile, and leave a bad taste in any respectable person's mouth.

In truth, Keith Jackson and the rest of the Scottish media aren't in the least bit interested in what TRFC, or Hibs, can do to benefit the Premiership, he, and the rest, are only interested in what being in the Premiership can do for TRFC.

I hope both Rangers and the losers stay down but not happening and football wise it will be a tastier league, like it or not.

I hope both Rangers and the losers stay down but not happening and football wise it will be a tastier league, like it or not.

That's right Clerry.  Either way we are winners though.  Stronger league if they come up.  Great laugh if they stay down.

One of them will be coming up but the one in the play-offs will have a huge battle.

Francis Albert

"Scottish football's longest winter"?

Only if you are OF obsessive. Hibs are where they are on merit. As were Hearts last season. As are and have been Rangers (well actually in the last case, not - there only because of an SFA/SFL fix). For most clubs the post-Rangers fiasco has been more of a brief Scottish football spring.

Keith Jackson is a ******* turd.

Think your being a little harsh there.

A turd is much more appealing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Reconstruction, unfortunately for Hibs, is only a contingency measure should Rangers not make it.

That first photo was great job by the photographer, really good.

Good read overall, although he's rushing with conclusions about Dave King.

That first photo was great job by the photographer, really good.

Good read overall, although he's rushing with conclusions about Dave King.

:trippin:

For decades, hibs have offered Scottish football practically nothing, except for a few laughs.

They appear to have found their level, & in the play offs, I for one hope they get stay relegated :)

Edited fur troofs.

The telling part will be if The Rangers do get promoted, how many of their 'fans' will stick with them when they are mid-table and struggling to compete with Celtic. Because, let's face it, without significant investment, they are mid-level quality at best. 

Not going to click on that link. I assume it's a piece desperately heaping praise on the imminent return of Rangers with some disingenuous shit thrown in about us and Aberdeen and Hibs to help him justify his pish?

Not going to click on that link. I assume it's a piece desperately heaping praise on the imminent return of Rangers with some disingenuous shit thrown in about us and Aberdeen and Hibs to help him justify his pish?

It doesn't look so tbh. But I'm not from Scotland and I don't know who Keith Jackson is, I guess he's a pro Rangers writer judging by instant negativity here. It seems like a pretty balanced article and the part about Hearts was good.

kingantti1874

"Scottish football's longest winter"?

Only if you are OF obsessive. Hibs are where they are on merit. As were Hearts last season. As are and have been Rangers (well actually in the last case, not - there only because of an SFA/SFL fix). For most clubs the post-Rangers fiasco has been more of a brief Scottish football spring.

I read it more in reference to the last 30 years rather than The secco years.. hearts and Aberdeen finally more able to provide a better or more sustainable challenge ?

Looks like he is excited about the prospect of the duopoly reestablishing themselves at the top and generously notes who he thinks will be battling for "best of the rest"...notice that Scottish journos make no mention of how Leicester are performing in England. That could never happen here, eh? Not while the Football hierarchy don't want it to...

i wish jj was my dad

I don't get this awful winter propaganda and it's time this joker was called out for it.

Only two clubs have really suffered from the dodgy practices employed by Murray, Whyte and Green but Keech continues to re-write history to suit the level 5 agenda. 

Archived