Warburton

CostaJambo

Warburton is already being allowed to bring in players for next season and extend contracts of players such as Holt that he wants to keep. In the unlikely event that Hibs or even Falkirk win the league and Rangers end up in another nightmare play-off scenario and fail to get promoted how badly will this strategy end up haunting them while he slopes back to the English Championship or League One?

Bazzas right boot

They are 3 points in front.

The league is not a given, I still think hibs are stronger and will win it.

I think they will come up regardless of where they finish this year, the other sister misses them!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are 3 points in front.

The league is not a given, I still think hibs are stronger and will win it.

Will be 6 points with game in hand.

Hibs bottle will crash I have no doubt.

Hibs don't have a lot about them at all. They've been thrashed twice by a mediocre Huns side and are winning games against other sides in the division by the odd goal. Granted, they beat Aberdeen but I suspect the Dons were undone by their own arrogance that night and thought they only needed to turn up to win. There's no way Stubbo's men will stop the Huns winning that league, more's the pity.

There is no game in hand. If they have to get rid of Law, who has kick started them again and sell Waghorn while bringing in lower division and non league players then I think Hibs will definitely prevail. On balance they have better players and many of the Rangers younger players have never played more than 20 games a season.

Rangers were getting found out a bit

although they have since had better results there is still a vulnerability about them

they are still scoring lots of goals but if they lose Waghorn...

They have every day to headline Good News because the number of legal actions in the background ,they have a season ticket for the courts !! they have no monies...bonuses unpaid.etc.,etc.

All of which goes unreported by the BBC and Red tops...I'm surprised Waberton ,a intelligent man has not upped sticks and left. A large  end of season Bonus will keep him there ?.

Delay in payments for court actions mean legal fees will have to be paid out of S/Ts ,This will result substantial increases.

Meantime the media will print what they have been told.and the SFA, see nothing ,do nothing ,and .....oh., League Reconstruction wait and see ! Will it increase crowds in the bottom six from the average 3K don't think so.

TriggersBroom

Warburton is already being allowed to bring in players for next season and extend contracts of players such as Holt that he wants to keep. In the unlikely event that Hibs or even Falkirk win the league and Rangers end up in another nightmare play-off scenario and fail to get promoted how badly will this strategy end up haunting them while he slopes back to the English Championship or League One?

The talk is that the defensive midfielder Rangers are trying to get from Brentford would be signing for 5k a week until we are promoted, then it will rise to 7k a week. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but if true then I imagine Rangers have these clauses in the contracts of most of the squad. I think the club won't be putting all their eggs in one basket, they'll have a back-up plan incase things go south.

And he's not praying

The OP could quite easily have been about Hibs/Stubbs tbh, as they have also undoubtably taken a punt on being promoted this season.

Hopefully Rangers or Falkirk win the title and the filth rot and die.

Bazzas right boot

Hibs don't have a lot about them at all. They've been thrashed twice by a mediocre Huns side and are winning games against other sides in the division by the odd goal. Granted, they beat Aberdeen but I suspect the Dons were undone by their own arrogance that night and thought they only needed to turn up to win. There's no way Stubbo's men will stop the Huns winning that league, more's the pity.

It's going to be close, ranger's probably have a better first 11, I think hibs have the better squad, by a distance.

A full ibrox Is a great advantage, rangers have been luck, waghorn or thier full backs get injured I think they are thin for cover in thier key areas.

It's win - win however stays down, just fun to follow.

They will win the championship,The signing of the quality players are for the future,spot on for me.

Fxxx the SPFL

See the other thread on league reconstruction so we know what will happen if they fail to be promoted. :thumbsdown:

Got a feeling that what's happening off the pitch over the next few months will really define what's going to happen with Sevco. Getting some of the fans favourites onto longer deals seems to be more about creating a feel good factor for the faithful and hoping that they swallow the propaganda that's being pumped out for their consumption. Loss making and continuing to run up debt and being continually being dragged through the courts seems to me still to be a recipe for a meltdown. Time will tell though.

The OP could quite easily have been about Hibs/Stubbs tbh, as they have also undoubtably taken a punt on being promoted this season.

Hopefully Rangers or Falkirk win the title and the filth rot and die.

Hopefully Falkirk to win the title and the other pair to lose out in the play offs.

They'll get promoted and struggle next season.

Spot on, and we will watch them struggle, and we will laugh, and they will seethe, and we will be happy. I look forward to that.         :2thumbsup:

Luscious Laryea

They will, undoubtedly, come up as champions.  However in the very unlikely event this doesn't happen I don't think anyone knows what will happen.  No-one really knows what the wealth of everyone's favourite convicted felon Dave King is - can he really bail them out if they have the possibility of going under again?

2 bids turned down for this guy if this is to be believed.

10c7a6f96cb52294f14061ffe8306480.jpg

I read this morning that they turned down a bid for ?150,000 same old rangers *** laughable.

The Treasurer

I wish Warburton would leave.

He comes over as quite a reasonable guy and that makes me uncomfortable.

I much prefer for either arse cheek to have a complete roaster in charge that is easy to hate.

I wish Warburton would leave.

He comes over as quite a reasonable guy and that makes me uncomfortable.

I much prefer for either arse cheek to have a complete roaster in charge that is easy to hate.

He gets right wound up when mackarel eye jabs at him in the media

I read this morning that they turned down a bid for ?150,000 same old rangers *** laughable.

It's the making the bids (no matter how derisory) that's important. It gives the orcs something positive to read and deflects their attention away from what's going on elsewhere.

they don't have a game in hand

I wouldn't be writing off Falkirk to stick a spanner in the works just yet. They won't be easy to beat in a two leg playoff if they keep their players and form for the rest of the season.

If I had to bet on rangers or hibs my money would be with the Govan mob. But hope still remains that the bairns can upset the odds!

BRAVEHEART1874

Extending players contracts like Halliday and holt is not costing anything though is it ? If they actually could offer 500,000 like the daily rectum stated for the defensive midfielder no doubt it wouldn't be cash up front but more like 3 seperate payments just like white.co it is funny watching skintco trying to buy the championship all Falkirk or hibs need is a stokes upfront so pity if he goes to United ;)

If not promoted directly or through play-off process then league reconstruction will happen.

Seen this a few times on the thread now

1. Reconstruction has to be voted for by an 11-1 majority in the top league (Aberdeen and Celtic both previously voted against increasing the number of teams)

2. There is a self imposed ban in place which prevents any vote on reconstruction until this summer

3. Under FIFA rules, reconstruction of leagues requires one full seasons notice.

4. For reasons 1-3 above, reconstruction in time for next season is a non starter.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Got to say I am happy at what Rangers are doing. I thought they would come back with a bang, but judging by their recruitment its modest. Not to say they wont be competitive but they wont be feared

As we've already seen with the sevco saga, rules are only for the little people. They can be altered/ignored when it doesn't suit a particular agenda in this country. I wouldn't rule anything out with the people who run our game here tbh.

Its not a SPFL rule. Its a FIFA rule. The 'people who run our game' in this case would be the people who run our clubs and who voted Rangers back into the league system. Under duress I might add but still a decision which was ultimately taken by them, not Regan or Doncaster or whoever else you think 'runs the game'

The 'people who run our game' cannot impose re-construction without it being overwhelmingly approved by the clubs. Reconstruction cannot be done without a full seasons notice, no matter what you think the 'people who run our game' might want to do.

Why is that rule there ? Because the Argentinian FA pushed through a short notice re-construction solely for the benefit of one of their BIG clubs.

Not going to happen I tell ye (not next season anyway)

Bazzas right boot

One of rangers or hibs will win the league, Falkirk won't. I'd bet allot of money on that.

Falkirk might upset the one who is in the play off, more likely to upset hibs than rangers.

Warburton is a gimp, the ice cool, composed mask has slipped a few times when hibs have put them under pressure, showing a arrogant, dillusional side that plays to the simple minds of the rangers following.

Romanov Stole My Pension

2 bids turned down for this guy if this is to be believed.

10c7a6f96cb52294f14061ffe8306480.jpg

"Warbs". Tabloid Rangers nicknames is cringeworthy as hell. See Coisty, Boydy, Naisy etc.

August Landmesser

Sycophantic some might say. [emoji1]

Warbschestz

Archived