7-0 Trumpets and other Hobo nonsense

Charlie-Brown

dodethejambo

Found this on wikipedia---

"Hearts lobbied hard for the admission of Hibernians (as they were initially called) into the Scottish Football Association, who initially forbade member clubs to play a "sectarian" side. Hearts played several "illegal" matches with Hibs - being fined every time, which resulted in the two clubs playing another match to easily pay the fine off - until the SFA acquiesced."

So if we didnt lobby for them to join the SFA they may never have won that scottish cup :107years:ago,

They should be grateful to us

-----------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenhousemuir_F.C.

1951-52: The first ever floodlit game between two Scottish senior teams was in November 1951 at Ochilview, versus Hibernian.

-----------------------------

They were 5th choice to play in europe

:107years::107years:

D4 you're right, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the Hobos booed off the park and the pitch scattered with Hobo scarves after derby matches.

I always pish myself with laughter when it happens though. It just never gets boring.

The People's Chimp

The Brazilian footballing manual is a favourite of mine, but i am usually kept entertained by the whole flair myth and the way it is trotted out time after time to justify another gubbing, or another failure to win the scottish cup. Better to play with flair than actually win trophies.

RockyBalboa
D4 you're right, I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the Hobos booed off the park and the pitch scattered with Hobo scarves after derby matches.

I always pish myself with laughter when it happens though. It just never gets boring.

Players bood off after derby defeat shocker.

'For the historians out there the first modern floodlit game in Scotland was played at Ochilview in 1951. Floodlights 01

On November 7th. In 1951 the club created history by playing Hibernian in the first floodlit match in Scotland. Floodlights 02

Par for the course for you lot. Seen it so many times.

Shouldn't come as a shock to any hibs fan to lose another derby! :D

Balboa's being shat on again? :laugh:

Every. single. time.

Yep, thought he was being wide by going on about something that the vermin have had FAR MORE practise at than us over the years.

What a dong.

RockyBalboa
Par for the course for you lot. Seen it so many times.

At least its not after defeats of Kilmarnock, Gretna or other diddies like that or at young players who actually support your team.

At least its not after defeats of Kilmarnock, Gretna or other diddies like that or at young players who actually support your team.

Can't you see that it's more justified when it's against the likes of Gretna? As opposed to your near neighbours who you've lived in the shadow of for years and years?

And if you're referring to Elliot then you have no clue, 'cause he's a Celtic fan.

* Edit; Possible Rangers actually, not 100% sure but definately never followed the JT's.

who? one player? I think Calum Elliot was actually a Hun growing up so get yer facts right.

Otherwise, Jason Thomson got support and i can`t recollect any other born and bred Hearts fans that play for us.

Denny Crane
Considering we just got another ?400k for Mowbray I would say it's going alright at the mo. :cool:

But Rocky, take a look back to your post which I responded to. You make it sound as if your club are no longer in existance (ie. you used the term "ran" instead of "run" which I suspect you meant). I found that quite ironic given the "flats" taunts I've heard from other Hibs fans. :)

You're kidding right ?

Hibs fans have only ever booed their team off the park after defeats in derby matches ?

You can't have been following the vermin for long Rocky. Either that or you have a memory like a sieve.

RockyBalboa
You're kidding right ?

Hibs fans have only ever booed their team off the park after defeats in derby matches ?

You can't have been following the vermin for long Rocky. Either that or you have a memory like a sieve.

Not saying it hasnt happened before, of course it has Cat. I was replying to someone who said "own fans hate the club" and replied that its ironic after booing your own team the majority of matches for the majority of the season.

Not saying it hasnt happened before, of course it has Cat. I was replying to someone who said "own fans hate the club" and replied that its ironic after booing your own team the majority of matches for the majority of the season.

As if you would know?

You really are obsessed with us, it's unhealthy.

RockyBalboa
As if you would know?

You really are obsessed with us, it's unhealthy.

I read match reports and on here.

Oh yeah, I am! Thanks for that :rolleyes:

What's the point in this guy? Doesn't seem to have any real purpose on here. A poor wind up merchant and nothing interesting to say.

Doctor FinnBarr
No more abuse on this thread please.

Thanks.

Would it not be a good idea to bump Rocky the Hobo then?

:spongebob3:

You dream of having a proper manager and a club thats being ran properly. ;)

We dream of winning the Scottish cup.

Rather have a properly ran club, nae debt and a manager than a knockout comp win. Bigger picture and all that.

Rather than dream, we hope to have a manager. We know that this is achievable.

Rather than dream, we hope that our club will be run properly. Again, we know this is achievable.

You dream of winning the Scottish Cup !...........'nuff said I think.

Archived