Jump to content
Jimmy_McNulty

The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Recommended Posts

Cade

Started off where everybody else wants to end up:

Nice £2.4million family home in a remote area with a private stretch of coastline to enjoy with the wife and two kids.

Plenty of cash in the bank to boot.

 

Then he plans to demolish that nice house to build a Grand Designs vanity project on the site.

Can't get a loan from a bank as this was back in 2010-11.

Ends up taking out a £250k loan from a Hedge Fund.

Uses this to partition his plot of land and starts building a smaller posh house.

As soon as this is weatherproof, he uses it as collateral on a £2.5million loan from a Private Equity firm, at 8%.

Yes, EIGHT PERCENT.

 

Immediately moves the family into smaller rented accommodation and knocks down the original house.

Begins groundworks, which are extreme as the house will be built on a crumbling sandstone cliff which will quickly erode so they drive 25-metre piles all the down to bedrock to anchor it.

This takes 6 months longer than planned.

The exposed location and high winds add years to the project.

Eventually he blows through almost all the cash from the loans.

Takes out more loans.

 

Has to try to finish the smaller posh house in order to sell it to recoup his losses and pay back something.

Can't sell it for anything like the price he wants due to the massive building site next door.

Decides to hang on to it until the big house is done so he'll get a good price.

 

A few more years pass.

Kevin returns to find him alone in a deserted building site.

Wife's left him due to him now being £4million in debt, with no house to live in and the big vanity house not even half finished.

The kids have grown up and flown the nest, so the big family home won't be of any use anyways.

He can't sell the smaller posh house at all because health&safety laws concerning the dangerous building site next door means nobody can live there permanently.

 

Even if he does somehow get another loan to finish the big house, he'll have to sell both properties immediately and even then probably still not clear his debts.

 

So he's now facing bankruptcy, divorced, childless and having to sell all his land and property.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Started off where everybody else wants to end up:

Nice £2.4million family home in a remote area with a private stretch of coastline to enjoy with the wife and two kids.

Plenty of cash in the bank to boot.

 

Then he plans to demolish that nice house to build a Grand Designs vanity project on the site.

Can't get a loan from a bank as this was back in 2010-11.

Ends up taking out a £250k loan from a Hedge Fund.

Uses this to partition his plot of land and starts building a smaller posh house.

As soon as this is weatherproof, he uses it as collateral on a £2.5million loan from a Private Equity firm, at 8%.

Yes, EIGHT PERCENT.

 

Immediately moves the family into smaller rented accommodation and knocks down the original house.

Begins groundworks, which are extreme as the house will be built on a crumbling sandstone cliff which will quickly erode so they drive 25-metre piles all the down to bedrock to anchor it.

This takes 6 months longer than planned.

The exposed location and high winds add years to the project.

Eventually he blows through almost all the cash from the loans.

Takes out more loans.

 

Has to try to finish the smaller posh house in order to sell it to recoup his losses and pay back something.

Can't sell it for anything like the price he wants due to the massive building site next door.

Decides to hang on to it until the big house is done so he'll get a good price.

 

A few more years pass.

Kevin returns to find him alone in a deserted building site.

Wife's left him due to him now being £4million in debt, with no house to live in and the big vanity house not even half finished.

The kids have grown up and flown the nest, so the big family home won't be of any use anyways.

He can't sell the smaller posh house at all because health&safety laws concerning the dangerous building site next door means nobody can live there permanently.

 

Even if he does somehow get another loan to finish the big house, he'll have to sell both properties immediately and even then probably still not clear his debts.

 

So he's now facing bankruptcy, divorced, childless and having to sell all his land and property.

he will just release another euphoria album to try and cover his losses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lemongrab
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Started off where everybody else wants to end up:

Nice £2.4million family home in a remote area with a private stretch of coastline to enjoy with the wife and two kids.

Plenty of cash in the bank to boot.

 

Then he plans to demolish that nice house to build a Grand Designs vanity project on the site.

Can't get a loan from a bank as this was back in 2010-11.

Ends up taking out a £250k loan from a Hedge Fund.

Uses this to partition his plot of land and starts building a smaller posh house.

As soon as this is weatherproof, he uses it as collateral on a £2.5million loan from a Private Equity firm, at 8%.

Yes, EIGHT PERCENT.

 

Immediately moves the family into smaller rented accommodation and knocks down the original house.

Begins groundworks, which are extreme as the house will be built on a crumbling sandstone cliff which will quickly erode so they drive 25-metre piles all the down to bedrock to anchor it.

This takes 6 months longer than planned.

The exposed location and high winds add years to the project.

Eventually he blows through almost all the cash from the loans.

Takes out more loans.

 

Has to try to finish the smaller posh house in order to sell it to recoup his losses and pay back something.

Can't sell it for anything like the price he wants due to the massive building site next door.

Decides to hang on to it until the big house is done so he'll get a good price.

 

A few more years pass.

Kevin returns to find him alone in a deserted building site.

Wife's left him due to him now being £4million in debt, with no house to live in and the big vanity house not even half finished.

The kids have grown up and flown the nest, so the big family home won't be of any use anyways.

He can't sell the smaller posh house at all because health&safety laws concerning the dangerous building site next door means nobody can live there permanently.

 

Even if he does somehow get another loan to finish the big house, he'll have to sell both properties immediately and even then probably still not clear his debts.

 

So he's now facing bankruptcy, divorced, childless and having to sell all his land and property.

What a bloody choob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers

After 20 years of being legally allowed to drive, I finally passed my driving test today. 

 

Edit. I haven't been trying for 20 years BTW. First time. 

:jjyay:

Edited by Salad Fingers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

After 20 years of being legally allowed to drive, I finally passed my driving test today. 

 

Edit. I haven't been trying for 20 years BTW. First time. 

:jjyay:

 

Yay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
8 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

After 20 years of being legally allowed to drive, I finally passed my driving test today. 

 

Edit. I haven't been trying for 20 years BTW. First time. 

:jjyay:

 

Well done mate. It’s the greatest feeling when the examiner says “you’ve passed”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
On 14/10/2019 at 05:34, Salad Fingers said:

After 20 years of being legally allowed to drive, I finally passed my driving test today. 

 

Edit. I haven't been trying for 20 years BTW. First time. 

:jjyay:

Just passed my test this morning, 1st time of asking. (46 years old) 

 

I guess it’s easier over here, automatic cars,  mostly straight roads. Also If you’re over 18 in Rhode Island your permit, (provisional) allows you to drive alone with no supervision, which I found odd. Nevertheless I’m delighted and just a bit proud today. 

 

Well done to you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irufushi
On 14/10/2019 at 19:21, iantjambo said:

 

Well done mate. It’s the greatest feeling when the examiner says “you’ve passed”.


I’ve had that feeling twice 😂. Second time was the advanced test ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Just passed my test this morning, 1st time of asking. (46 years old) 

 

I guess it’s easier over here, automatic cars,  mostly straight roads. Also If you’re over 18 in Rhode Island your permit, (provisional) allows you to drive alone with no supervision, which I found odd. Nevertheless I’m delighted and just a bit proud today. 

 

Well done to you! 

 

Nice one. Im 37 so a latecomer to the party also but what a feeling. Makes me wish I had done it yeara ago but I honestly didn't really need to drive up until about a year ago. 

 

Well done man :jjyay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

 

Nice one. Im 37 so a latecomer to the party also but what a feeling. Makes me wish I had done it yeara ago but I honestly didn't really need to drive up until about a year ago. 

 

Well done man :jjyay:

Yeah I’ve always lived in big cities, 

London, Edinburgh, New York. Never really had to drive. The main reason I eventually did it was so if the kids, (4&5) get restless I can just chuck them in the car and go somewhere a bit more fun, or drop them off at their grandparents in Cape Cod which isn’t far from us. 

 

The best east part is I’m gonna go buy my own motor. The wife has a Kia truck, I want something a bit more “me”. Been looking up the old style Land Rover Defenders today. Found a couple well priced. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helzibob

Just booked a winter sun holiday for January. I’m going to be counting down for 12 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
On 16/10/2019 at 17:42, Bridge of Djoum said:

Just passed my test this morning, 1st time of asking. (46 years old) 

 

I guess it’s easier over here, automatic cars,  mostly straight roads. Also If you’re over 18 in Rhode Island your permit, (provisional) allows you to drive alone with no supervision, which I found odd. Nevertheless I’m delighted and just a bit proud today. 

 

Well done to you! 

 

Bit late but we’ll done BoD👍🏻

 

Been driving for 10 months now and honestly don’t know how I managed before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack
2 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Just booked a winter sun holiday for January. I’m going to be counting down for 12 weeks. 

I got home from work on wednesday and was told next years holiday is booked, a week in new York. Like you, counting down already, as well as getting peoples nerves by constantly whistling Frank Sinatra's New York new York. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

 

Bit late but we’ll done BoD👍🏻

 

Been driving for 10 months now and honestly don’t know how I managed before.

I’m the opposite. I just don’t see the thrill in it. In 9 days I’ve driven once, to get groceries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
3 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Just booked a winter sun holiday for January. I’m going to be counting down for 12 weeks. 

 

I had been counting down the days for 3 months till we were due to fly to Turkey on Monday, had to cancel it on Sunday as the mother in law took unwell, still she died yesterday so it wasn't cancelled in vain.

 

She had a wicked sense of humour so she will forgive me mine, she will be sadly missed, :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, graygo said:

 

I had been counting down the days for 3 months till we were due to fly to Turkey on Monday, had to cancel it on Sunday as the mother in law took unwell, still she died yesterday so it wasn't cancelled in vain.

 

She had a wicked sense of humour so she will forgive me mine, she will be sadly missed, :( 

Sorry to hear that, mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
6 hours ago, graygo said:

 

I had been counting down the days for 3 months till we were due to fly to Turkey on Monday, had to cancel it on Sunday as the mother in law took unwell, still she died yesterday so it wasn't cancelled in vain.

 

She had a wicked sense of humour so she will forgive me mine, she will be sadly missed, :( 

 

I’m sorry to hear that bud.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Sorry to hear that, mate. 

 

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

 

I’m sorry to hear that bud.

 

 

 

It's fine, I'm sure the insurance will cover it.

 

(Again I jest, thanks for the condolences)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack

Finally let the daughter play an xmas playlist, loving it. Deccies going up on sunday, bottle of port or 2 to drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helzibob

Just left work, out of office on, head to Lanzarote tomorrow and not back to work until the 3rd of Feb. Yay indeed! 😎☀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar

Just left work, out of office on, head to Thailand tomorrow on honeymoon and not back to work (new job) until the 5th of Feb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cheetah

Just about to go and sink a beautiful big pint after being hungover at work all day.

 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
46 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Just about to go and sink a beautiful big pint after being hungover at work all day.

 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssss

 

:pleasing:

 

Friday hangovers are manageable due to early finishes.  It's Monday's that are the killer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack

Wife and daughter out tonight, house to myself. Large kebab, peace + quiet and maybe even a wee chug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Blue Eyes
1 hour ago, superjack said:

Wife and daughter out tonight, house to myself. Large kebab, peace + quiet and maybe even a wee chug.

 

W*nk*r :thumbsup:

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack
14 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

 

W*nk*r :thumbsup:

There are 2 types of men in this world, wankers and liars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Jim Spence has just blocked me on Twitter as I politely pointed out that his moothie playing isn’t very good. This was despite me several times in the past pointing out that as a Dundee Utd supporter most of his tweets were about Celtic. This didn’t seem to bother him but criticising his musical ability seem problematic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Just had the best meal of our holiday, with all four of us stuffed. Got the bill...and the cheapest of the holiday 

:robboyas:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo

Football's back today.

 

:yas: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74

Just snuck into bed after a couple of bottles of wine, misses asked the time, ach it’s just the back of 1 darling (5:30am) and got away with it, result. 
 

:fonzie:

 

:rudiyas:

 

:sweeet:

 

goodnight chaps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just had the best meal of our holiday, with all four of us stuffed. Got the bill...and the cheapest of the holiday 

:robboyas:

Think of all that money you wasted on sub-standard meals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Think of all that money you wasted on sub-standard meals.


 

13F5DCAD-2DB8-43FE-9698-E59ECDBFB9A0.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack

Woke up after a heavy night on the the drink at my mates house with no hangover, result.

To top it off, I made a large pan of mince and another of bolognese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FWJ

Clach 0 - 1 Ft William!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack

Daughter got an unconditional offer for uni yesterday at Heriot watt. Couldn't believe how much it caused me to cry, for good and bad things.

Good, it's the course she wanted to do. If you asked the wife or me when daughter was 10, we would have said this is what she wanted to do.

Bad, my baby will be big away.

Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh uni as studying and staying in Edinburgh is her first choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Yaaaaaaaas, I’m oot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yaaaaaaaas, I’m oot

not for long

 

05B2A1A6000005DC-0-image-a-87_1422669310

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta

Don’t fear them as much as the Mrs 

 

ADB59E5D-D111-404C-B758-49D96C2FCFCD.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Don’t fear them as much as the Mrs 

 

ADB59E5D-D111-404C-B758-49D96C2FCFCD.gif

better?

 

maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

better?

 

maxresdefault.jpg

 

 

I’m here, over here :wavey:

 

FIRE AWAY!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...