The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

On 16/09/2018 at 19:44, peter_hmfc said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/sep/16/katie-hopkins-applies-for-insolvency-to-avoid-bankruptcy-after-jack-monroe-twitter-costly-libel-case

"Controversial commentator Katie Hopkins, who once said poor people in debt have no one else to blame but themselves, has applied for an insolvency agreement in a bid to avoid bankruptcy following a costly libel case involving the food writer Jack Monroe."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

15 minutes ago, pcw1874 said:

Katie Hopkins has filed for insolvency. Yay!

I just fear there may be a Hopkins 5088 in the offing.

:whistling:

Still funny though, hope it absolutely cripples her financially for life.

Hope even worse hits that fat Infowars cant.

Also, that prick Elon Musk is being sued for his "pedo guy" shite.

:)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• Morgan

• Helzibob

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

luckyBatistuta
10 hours ago, Homme said:

I got promoted today after i found out i was successful in an interview i did last Wednesday.

A lovely salary increase but recognition for all the hard work i put in over the past few years juggling a full time job, part time employment and a young family.

I'm going to crack myself a small beer tonight and relax.

YAY!

Yay :food-smiley-004:

3 hours ago, pcw1874 said:

Katie Hopkins has filed for insolvency. Yay!

I just fear there may be a Hopkins 5088 in the offing.

Such a shame :laugh2:

Captain Sausage

Ran my first ever half marathon at the weekend with zero training and pushing my son in a buggy. 2h3m which is a time I’m chuffed with. Raised £2400 for the neonatal unit in Aberdeen too!

Happy days. 

On 17/09/2018 at 14:47, Homme said:

I got promoted today after i found out i was successful in an interview i did last Wednesday.

A lovely salary increase but recognition for all the hard work i put in over the past few years juggling a full time job, part time employment and a young family.

I'm going to crack myself a small beer tonight and relax.

YAY!

:toasting:

• 2 weeks later...

Passed my driving theory test today.

Only the practical to go and then I can look down my nose at people who use public transport and add a year to my life during rush hour traffic :D

Samuel Camazzola

Returned to work today after taking time off to dedicate my leisure time to watching the Ryder Cup and playing a couple of rounds of golf (which resulted in a handicap cut). The return to work wasn't the 'yaay' reason but the good news that my upcoming paternity leave has been increased from two weeks to six weeks at full pay! Yaay!! 

Салатные палочки
45 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Returned to work today after taking time off to dedicate my leisure time to watching the Ryder Cup and playing a couple of rounds of golf (which resulted in a handicap cut). The return to work wasn't the 'yaay' reason but the good news that my upcoming paternity leave has been increased from two weeks to six weeks at full pay! Yaay!! 

How did you manage that? You must have great employers. 

Салатные палочки

Came home from work to find the November issue of When Saturday Comes had been posted through the door. Turned out the bursd subscribed to it for me as a surprise. Superb. 

Edit. Also found out Big Country and the Skids are playing at the Barrowlands on 21st December. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

Samuel Camazzola
10 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

How did you manage that? You must have great employers. 

Just a change in policy that came into effect from Monday. 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Just a change in policy that came into effect from Monday. 

Nice. My pat leave kicked in on 6th August, I got two weeks, one at half pay :muggy:

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Nice. My pat leave kicked in on 6th August, I got two weeks, one at half pay :muggy:

For what is a great time, it feels like you've been penalised. 

I'm latching two weeks' holiday leave on to it too so I'll be off for two months. It may be that I'll be looking to return to work for some relaxing quiet time! 

Салатные палочки
11 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

For what is a great time, it feels like you've been penalised. 

I'm latching two weeks' holiday leave on to it too so I'll be off for two months. It may be that I'll be looking to return to work for some relaxing quiet time! 

My daughter was born ten weeks early, she was in intensive care in Crosshouse for a week then sent up to the Queen Elizabeth, where she was for two and a half weeks.  So the first week paid leave was spent in hospital.  I had planned to take sick leave after my paternity leave had kicked in as I knew she wouldn't be out in that time and the consultant had written me a support letter.  So all in I did get about six weeks off anyway but the sick leave triggered a sickness review, which thankfully my boss is writing off due to the circumstances.  But ultimately, my pat leave was spent in the hospital and those six weeks paid would have been very helpful.  

Unknown user

My wife's wee sister has developed severe scoliosis, spine curvature. She's 12, a smashing lassie, a dancer. 

Her spine was turning into a letter S, the last measurements were a bottom bend of 50º and a top bend of 73º. It's been getting worse, quickly, over the last year as she grew and it started being likely that it would cripple her if left. 

The only available option in the uk was to cut her open and put metal rods down her spine, something that would severely restrict movement for the test of her life, prevent her from dancing ever again, and of course run the risk of severe spinal injury in the op.

Thankfully the family found an option in Istanbul, keyhole surgery which is much less obtrusive and much more likely to give her a normal life.

It may have cost 40k for the initial surgery (ignoring follow ups and associated costs), and we may still be having to raise money to pay for it, but I'm very happy to say that wee Iona returns from Turkey today with a more successful result than we dared hope, a bottom curve of 10º and a top one of 20º. It's likely that this will improve too, and she's even gained 4cm in height!

If that isn't a Yay, I don't know what is!

On 02/10/2018 at 12:53, iantjambo said:

Passed my driving theory test today.

Only the practical to go and then I can look down my nose at people who use public transport and add a year to my life during rush hour traffic :D

I passed my theory test on Tuesday too, high five!

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

My wife's wee sister has developed severe scoliosis, spine curvature. She's 12, a smashing lassie, a dancer. 

Her spine was turning into a letter S, the last measurements were a bottom bend of 50º and a top bend of 73º. It's been getting worse, quickly, over the last year as she grew and it started being likely that it would cripple her if left. 

The only available option in the uk was to cut her open and put metal rods down her spine, something that would severely restrict movement for the test of her life, prevent her from dancing ever again, and of course run the risk of severe spinal injury in the op.

Thankfully the family found an option in Istanbul, keyhole surgery which is much less obtrusive and much more likely to give her a normal life.

It may have cost 40k for the initial surgery (ignoring follow ups and associated costs), and we may still be having to raise money to pay for it, but I'm very happy to say that wee Iona returns from Turkey today with a more successful result than we dared hope, a bottom curve of 10º and a top one of 20º. It's likely that this will improve too, and she's even gained 4cm in height!

If that isn't a Yay, I don't know what is!

I passed my theory test on Tuesday too, high five!

✋?

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

My daughter was born ten weeks early, she was in intensive care in Crosshouse for a week then sent up to the Queen Elizabeth, where she was for two and a half weeks.  So the first week paid leave was spent in hospital.  I had planned to take sick leave after my paternity leave had kicked in as I knew she wouldn't be out in that time and the consultant had written me a support letter.  So all in I did get about six weeks off anyway but the sick leave triggered a sickness review, which thankfully my boss is writing off due to the circumstances.  But ultimately, my pat leave was spent in the hospital and those six weeks paid would have been very helpful.  

I hope all is now well for you all and her health is as good as can be. ?

Finally got tickets to the Enchanted Forest in Pitlochry for last night's show.  It was absolutely brilliant.

Didn't "get it" at first, but it really was mesmerising as you slowly went round the whole thing!

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, tian447 said:

Finally got tickets to the Enchanted Forest in Pitlochry for last night's show.  It was absolutely brilliant.

Didn't "get it" at first, but it really was mesmerising as you slowly went round the whole thing!

Excellent. I went out to the fire and light thingy they put on out at Vogrie the other week. Quite enjoyed that too.

On 08/10/2018 at 23:14, Governor Tarkin said:

Excellent. I went out to the fire and light thingy they put on out at Vogrie the other week. Quite enjoyed that too.

Just had a wee look into that - seems like a very similar event!  Will have to keep an eye out for things like this in the future, a great way to spend an evening :)

The Scottish cup is being taken around the country just now and I managed to get a photo with it this morning, giving a large 5 1 obviously.

This post is a double YAY, I've not smoked for almost a month now, started going to the gym again and can feel massive improvements already.

On 12/10/2018 at 14:22, tian447 said:

Just had a wee look into that - seems like a very similar event!  Will have to keep an eye out for things like this in the future, a great way to spend an evening :)

I'm sure the Botanical Gardens had something of this ilk last year.

On 17/09/2018 at 21:17, peter_hmfc said:

:whistling:

Still funny though, hope it 

Also, that prick Elon Musk is being sued for his "pedo guy" shite.

:)

Just won a 2 night break in a 4 bed cottage in a charity raffle. Yay. 

Governor Tarkin
On 13/10/2018 at 18:44, Sooperstar said:

I'm sure the Botanical Gardens had something of this ilk last year.

Yeh they did, however the best one I've ever been to was around five or six years ago in the hot houses as part of the festival. We were all pretty baked and it was a fairly psychedelic experience.

Few pints in Clark's Bar afterwards too. Lovely.

luckyBatistuta
On 14/10/2018 at 16:25, iantjambo said:

Wife away to her monster mothers and took the wee man with her.

Beer and Smooth radio playing away on the TV.

:pleasing:

Is this a social group :laugh2:

living in england the haggis in the shops can be hit or miss. I have just made some of my own and i think i have done well. The only issue is i have made around 10lbs of it rather than the 4-5 i was planning. oh well st least i have some haggis for the next year in my freezer

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

living in england the haggis in the shops can be hit or miss. I have just made some of my own and i think i have done well. The only issue is i have made around 10lbs of it rather than the 4-5 i was planning. oh well st least i have some haggis for the next year in my freezer

Just start making different meals with haggis in them. Haggis soup, haggis macaroni & cheese, haggis lasagne, haggis pizza.

Got an interview at work for a promotion. Only problem is I have to do a presentation and the last time I did one of those I used an overhead projector. 

3 hours ago, Helzibob said:

Got an interview at work for a promotion. Only problem is I have to do a presentation and the last time I did one of those I used an overhead projector. 

Good luck??

3 hours ago, Herbert said:

I read a book cover to cover tonight for the first time in years. ?

Which Biff, Chip and Kipper book was it?

4 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Which Biff, Chip and Kipper book was it?

It was the theory test for large vehicles book actually. A riveting tale of stopping distances, endurance breaks and passenger safety.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-46177211

"Scottish actor and avid Celtic fan Gerard Butler has told how he was forced to flee his Malibu home to avoid the Californian wildfires.

The Paisley-born actor returned to his home on Sunday and tweeted a picture of its burned-out shell.

He said: "Heartbreaking time." "

:qqb006:

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I found out that someone who I’ve sort of known on kickback for quite a few years is actually an old mate from school who I used to go to tynecastle with in the 80s. Now trying to arrange a meet next year.

The nice feeling when you get into work in the morning and the first email you open is asking about your availability for Los Angeles in the spring.       

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

The nice feeling when you get into work in the morning and the first email you open is asking about your availability for Los Angeles in the spring.       

Love it when that happens.

Салатные палочки

Idlewild - Modern Way of Letting Go on the radio this morning.  

Quite rare, even for Radio 6.  

...a bit disco

Woke up this morning by a phone call from BT (which I nearly hung up) informing me I'd won 2 tickets for tomorrows rugger at Murrayfield.

giphy.gif.

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, ...a bit disco said:

Woke up this morning by a phone call from BT (which I nearly hung up) informing me I'd won 2 tickets for tomorrows rugger at Murrayfield.

giphy.gif.

? 

Love a bit of The Fast Show! 

You ain't seen me... 

...a bit disco
Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

?

Love a bit of The Fast Show! 

You ain't seen me... 

:biggrin:

It's one of those shows you keep forgetting about and are pleasantly surprised when you stumble across it.

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

:biggrin:

It's one of those shows you keep forgetting about and are pleasantly surprised when you stumble across it.

Saw a bit of it recently on UK Gold. It had sketches including Jessie's Fashion Tips, Cheesy Peas and Ted & Ralph. 20+ years old now and still brings a laugh! 

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Saw a bit of it recently on UK Gold. It had sketches including Jessie's Fashion Tips, Cheesy Peas and Ted & Ralph. 20+ years old now and still brings a laugh! 

Good stuff!

:thumbsup:

The Fast Show deserves it's own place on this thread.

Салатные палочки
4 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Good stuff!

:thumbsup:

The Fast Show deserves it's own place on this thread.

I used to have the book and had to wrestle it off my mum and dad when we went on holiday once as they read it most of the journey.  

''old the bells mate.  

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Watching Black Friday riots :rofl: .

What's this year's must have? Blaupunkt and Polaroid tvs have been done so there must be a new kid on the block?