Remember him?

:shitwine:

Stumbled upon this vid on Youtube:

I almost forgot what a talent he could be on his day. His brilliant goal against Hibs means I always hold him in high regards.

brellierlegend

I almost forgot what a talent he could be on his day. His brilliant goal against Hibs means I always hold him in high regards.

Definately the kind of player we are missing at Hearts now. Clearly inconsistant but as you say when on form he was some talent.

Christ he contriuted a lot more than I would have remembered!!!

Drylaw Hearts

Good player at Tynecastle but I cannot remember a single decent Away performence from him.

I actually forgot some those cracking goals he scored.

chester copperpot
Good player at Tynecastle but I cannot remember a single decent Away performence from him.

I actually forgot some those cracking goals he scored.

Cracking goals, luxury player IMO.

due to my relatively young age when he played for us I was totally sucked in my his moments of brilliance. He one of my favourite players back then. And for old times sake and a few good memories probably still one of my favourite now.

chester copperpot
due to my relatively young age when he played for us I was totally sucked in my his moments of brilliance. He one of my favourite players back then. And for old times sake and a few good memories probably still one of my favourite now.

My mate loved him too, and he is 28. Still a luxury player though, but hey ho.

not only have you found some footage of one of my favourite players to bring back a few good memories but I noticed your Biffy avatar.

Good taste ;) mon the biffy!

not only have you found some footage of one of my favourite players to bring back a few good memories but I noticed your Biffy avatar.

Good taste ;) mon the biffy!

Good taste indeed. Well done, Sir! :)

Definately the kind of player we are missing at Hearts now. Clearly inconsistant but as you say when on form he was some talent.

After watching that montage I could help but draw parallels with Mikolaunas.

Similar physique and style, and when Miko is on form...

Buffalo Bill

Great player on his day but seemed to save his best form just before he left.

The clips are a give-away but all 15 of his Hearts goals came at Tynecastle, which sheds some light on his performances away from home.

That goal against Hibs in 2000 though, remains one of my all time favourites.

Buffalo Bill

Jambo Forever

Was at many of the games Juanjo played between start and finish of hearts career and any ST holder at the time will know he was not a 'luxury' player after he got a regular start.. I admit, the clip reminds me of stuff I had forgotten about...

... BUT THE CRY JUANJO MUST STAY, was sung for a reason!!!

I'd alomost settle for them days just now!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

JUANJO JUANJOOOO, JUANJO JUANJOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He was a cracking wee player on his day and as has been said, that goal against the Hobos was great.

Sure we qualified for Europe that day?

His bird was unreal as well. :)

Certainly a talented player but not someone who gave enough to stay at Hearts (almost said a club like Hearts but there is no club like Hearts). for a long period. The fact his best performances came near the end of his contract sums him up. Probably like a more talented Miko.

That bit of skill against Dundee Hibernian was possibly the best I've witnessed though. Imagine it had went in. Also what a day when we beat Hibs and got to Europe. Motherwell beating Rangers made it even better. They (Lochend *****) could have stopped us with a draw (if memory serves me right).

Ps was that Barcelona or Barcelona A those goals were scored.

Pps love the fact spell check doesn't even recognise Motherwell. Well done Mark

Like so many of our "players" today...........

Given a proper manager, he could have become a Maroon Legend. Unlpayable when he was on his game. Far too many off days though.

One of my favourite players when I was younger. He may not have performed well in all of his matches but he was certainly good for entertainment and scored a few great goals.

Would love to have someone like him at Tynie now, who could provide a moment of magic that would give the crowd a bit of a lift.

Ibrahim Tall

Juanjo will always be a legend in my eyes, inconsistant or not when he was on form he was the sort of player who was worthy of the entrance fee alone.

Kept scoring against the vermin even after he'd left aswell. :)

Never a huge fan of him.

He was rubbish for so long and then turned it on as his contract was running out.

That trick in the corner against D.Utd was nice.

I liked him. He was poor away from home though.

Apparently the reason Levein let him go was because he didn't follow instructions. He said he was a good talent, but he just did whatever he liked on the pitch.

vlad on the tyne

A far more talented miko. Very inconsistent and never a team player but he did have skills to pay the bills which when they came off where entertaining as ****. His career post hearts has vindicated Levien's decision to ditch him.

some cracking goals in the footage

vegas-voss
After watching that montage I could help but draw parallels with Mikolaunas.

Similar physique and style, and when Miko is on form...

And if you made a youtube compilation Miko would probably look even better.I remember seeing a Pospisil Hearts video on youtube,honestly you would think we had an absolute superstar playing for us but of course we knew the truth.

Remember him?

:D

Sconnie, that was superb!

The hairs on the back of my neck are still at attention.

Love it.

The copper/steward slipping and falling is brilliant.

Cheers!

I always felt Juanjo was given a bit of a raw deal at Hearts, like so many other players, didn't think he got as many chances as he should have, he was still a youngster at the time. I remember reading some time back he'd love to come back to Hearts, probably too late for him now, loved the video though, brought back some great memories of how good he COULD be! Still get a buzz watching that Quitongo goal against Smeltic too, ah....happy days!

Brilliant video.

Being 11/12 at the time of his good form, i loved Juanjo. Thought he was the nuts but in hindsight, he seemed to save his best for when he realised he might not be getting a deal. Although, TBF, our money situation at the time made pay to that.

Played under JJ at Bradford. Was that in the EPL or did he join 'em after they were relegated?

The Doctor

We saw the best of him, although at 28 his career is far from over. I think his Mammy must have put that video together though...

Commander Harris

Juanjo was up there with the true greats like Pele and Russell Latapy. :)

The copper/steward slipping and falling is brilliant.

Cheers!

Never noticed that the first time, that's fantastic!

..........aahhhh!, what he might have done with a good manager behind him.

Personally, I always liked him,............and that's before seeing this footage.

He could really have ben a Tynie legend.

Legend Claws

Is he still playing?

He was amazing just before he left shame he hadn't been like that at all times. That volley was amazing!

Is he still playing?

He was amazing just before he left shame he hadn't been like that at all times. That volley was amazing!

He was on trial with Caley a couple of months ago. Trained at Ross County as well and County offered him a contract but they couldn't afford his wages.

Remember him?

:D

I love you Sconnie.

Almost as much as I love my gran for being very confused that everyone was going radge at that moment when she was sure it was 2-0 to Celtic at the time.

A far more talented miko. Very inconsistent and never a team player but he did have skills to pay the bills which when they came off where entertaining as ****. His career post hearts has vindicated Levien's decision to ditch him.

some cracking goals in the footage

Disagree.

Mikoliunas is no more less talented than Juanjo and far more consistent. Juanjo wasn't hated as much because the owner wasn't a Spanish nutjob.

His goal against Hibs is far more reveared that McSwegan's that day. Despite the fact that McSwegan's was a winner with under 20 to go and Juanjo's was early in the first half.

What the heck was that little trick he done down the left wing in the Main Stand / Gorgie corner?! I think one of the commentator described it as a "double drag-back"

I don't have access to youtube on my work p.c but if anyone has a link for it can they PM me it and i'll watch it at home later....

I also remember a left back (can't remember if it was Naysmith or Pointon) pinging a lovely cross-field ball to him from about 60-70 yards and he caught it sweet as a nut as it hit the ground but it came off the bar?

One of the most technically gifted players i've ever seen, but very inconsistent.

funktasticlad

Only played well at home esp when he was on the wheatfield wing side oh the ground. Remember when we signed him, hearts sign Barca youngster! Was loving it. Drifted in and out of games to much for my liking even though he was my favourite player when i was at school but hardly a great.

Destruction Derby

that piece of skill right at the start when he does the 360, wee flick and then almost score was quality,

Then his goal for barca from the corner flag nearly, WOW

:107years:

Archived