AOL Free Laptops

Sconnie

Just having a look over this offer from AOL with 8meg broadband with a free laptop. Just wondering if the laptop is any good?

Cheers.

BoJack Horseman

For sweet fa? It's not bad at all tbh. However I was under the impression that AOL was and always will be, total pap.

For sweet fa? It's not bad at all tbh. However I was under the impression that AOL was and always will be, total pap.

It's called 'HP Compaq 6720s Notebook' and it has a 80GB hard drive and DVD writer.

I'd probably only use it for music and browsing the internet. If it could run Football Manager then brilliant.

AOL - Never again... Worst service provider ever.

IS the laptop any good though? Whats the specs?

Craig Gordons Gloves

AOL Broadband is now owned by Carphone Warehouse so the previous service worries aren't as pertinent now.

I say go for it.

AOL Broadband is now owned by Carphone Warehouse so the previous service worries aren't as pertinent now.

I say go for it.

It looks pretty good, no one on here got this deal?

Rawrrrrrrr
It looks pretty good, no one on here got this deal?

It isn't really

Its a basic laptop worth no more than ?400.

Your paying 19.99 for a package which is available elsewere for ?5-10 cheaper

Your downloads limit is quite low, there is a delivery charge of ?14.99 and worst of all you are tied in for 2 years at this price

Broadband is also getting cheaper all the time

You would be better going with Talk Talk - same people now - you get the same package for free ( 8meg and 40gb download) and if you want buying the wireless stuff seperatly along with the laptop

Aol etc are not stupid, they are getting people tied in by making this offer seem far better than it actually is, people see free and dont realise they are paying over the odds elswere

Archived