U20s v Dundee

Mikey1874

Gallacher Morrison Henderson Baur Jones McKirdy Zanatta Beith I. Smith Buchanan Moore

Subs Fisher Ozturk McLean Flanagan Baxter

Jambof3tornado

Dundee have four overage players in their starting side to Hearts one.

I thought you could only have 3!!! What is the ruling now?

Seymour M Hersh

Dundee have four overage players in their starting side to Hearts one.

No surprise after the first team squad's double header in Newcastle Saturday & Sunday. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not sure why zanatta cant get some 1st team game time!!

He looks a real talent.

More deserving than Reilly in any case.

jamboinglasgow

Not sure why zanatta cant get some 1st team game time!!

He looks a real talent.

Certainly going by updates he is a very tricky player for opposition players to play against. And Robbie seems to rate him going by his regular place on the bench.

Footballfirst

Comfortable so far. Makes a difference with a bit of creativity in the middle of the park from Goose. Zanatta and Buchanan also playing well.

The Apprentice

Out of interest, does anyone know the Dundee lineup? Interested to know as a few have said they have a full complement of overage players starting.

been on bench - think he's close

Wouldn't want to put him on to early. Just a young lad, if was to makes a mistake or have a poor game he'd be slaughtered on here by some!

Jambof3tornado

Wouldn't want to put him on to early. Just a young lad, if was to makes a mistake or have a poor game he'd be slaughtered on here by some!

Young morrison has had a taste of the 1st team and I see zanatta as being much more ready!

Young morrison has had a taste of the 1st team and I see zanatta as being much more ready!

Zanatta has already had a taste of first team game time, Thistle away a few weeks ago.

hopefully helps Reilly having the competition

Zanatta seems to have something

Not at the game so can't judge the level of opposition Dundee are providing but just checked the development league table they're bottom with an away record so far of p5 w0 L5 minus 14 goals!

John Daly who takes over in January in attendance - good performance by some of the lads by all accounts. Out to impress the new boss :)

Not at the game so can't judge the level of opposition Dundee are providing but just checked the development league table they're bottom with an away record so far of p5 w0 L5 minus 14 goals!

in context however still a relatively decent showing thus far, our league record isn't any better,indeed if we lose tonight we'd drop below them.

14   Hearts 13   1 3 2 7 10   1 2 4 5 12   -10 11 15   Hibernian 12   2 0 4 8 16   1 1 4 6 12   -14 10 16   Dunfermline 12   1 2 2 4 4   1 1 5 9 14   -5 9 17   Dundee 11   2 3 1 7 6   0 0 5 4 18   -13 9

Ozturk coming on for last half hour

Hopefully the start of him getting back to his best. The critiscm he's received from some fans this season is nothing short of a disgrace, arguably our best player last season, albeit in a weaker league but he's clearly been carrying an injury all this season.

Jambof3tornado

Zanatta has already had a taste of first team game time, Thistle away a few weeks ago.

My bad, I don't remember it being mentioned.

letsalldothebeattie

Zanatta and Buchanan been really impressive for the 20s lately would say they are staking a really good case to be involved in the first team more. Especially with King out the now and Walker out til about Xmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott herbertson

Hopefully the start of him getting back to his best. The critiscm he's received from some fans this season is nothing short of a disgrace, arguably our best player last season, albeit in a weaker league but he's clearly been carrying an injury all this season.

I agree - our team captain and a promising young player. Talking of which good to see Beith back and scoring

Diadora Van Basten

The Sub keeper Fisher is very young (15? ) seems highly rated.

He is only 14 I take it he plays for a younger age group as well.

I agree - our team captain and a promising young player. Talking of which good to see Beith back and scoring

Beith is the pick of the young crop by all accounts.

Jambof3tornado

But who will he oust to get back in? Might be a case of squad rotation.....or maybe he will get his chance only if injury or suspension occurs.

But who will he oust to get back in? Might be a case of squad rotation.....or maybe he will get his chance only if injury or suspension occurs.

Defensive Midfielder

I'll get ma coat

scott herbertson

I would guess one of Rossi or Augustyn will be suspended before too long

jamboinglasgow

Would be good to see Beith pushing for first team berth

He has been unfortunate this season with injuries, had he started the season fit, then around the time when we had midfield injuries and McKirdy played, he would have been ahead and been able to throw a marker down. Pleased that after a couple of games back his already making his mark in the under 20s showing his injury has not hampered him.

Footballfirst

Has Gallagher shown any improvement to push his way back into neilson's plans?

He didn't have a shot to save all night.

Beith's loan spell at Stirling playing against older pro's week after week as opposed to staying with Hearts u20's has clearly benefited his chances of progressing. Liam Smith being the same with East Fife, really hope we continue this proven strategy.

Archived