?800k a week

vegas-voss

Pundits need to accept that he's never moving to the premier league.

I agree but i dont think its going to be long until we have the ?1m a week footballer. I think Man City would have an easier job turning Neymars head though

I agree but i dont think its going to be long until we have the ?1m a week footballer. I think Man City would have an easier job turning Neymars head though

Definitely, I reckon if you include bonuses and other endorsements Messi and Ronaldo are probably pulling in close to that already. Can't see Neymar leaving anytime soon but it's more likely than Messi.

If it's not about money I'd pick Manchester United if I was Messi and going to leave Barca.

Not many teams can buy the champions league trophy.

Ferguson built over the years towards the prestige and standing Utd have in the game now. That would appeal to me more than quick fix City.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Not that Messi bothers paying any Income Tax, but imagine losing about half of that amount to the revenue every month.

Probably why he is being offered so much.

Definitely, I reckon if you include bonuses and other endorsements Messi and Ronaldo are probably pulling in close to that already. Can't see Neymar leaving anytime soon but it's more likely than Messi.

Think Ronaldo made ?55m last year and Messi was 2nd highest footballer with ?48m on some sports rich list.

If it's not about money I'd pick Manchester United if I was Messi and going to leave Barca.

Ferguson built over the years towards the prestige and standing Utd have in the game now. That would appeal to me more than quick fix City.

I'd agree with you if Sir Alex was still there. However Man United are now doing exactly the same as City.

kingantti1874

I'd agree with you if Sir Alex was still there. However Man United are now doing exactly the same as City.

Well not exactly the same.. Man U only spend the money they make..

Robbie Neilson

He wont ever leave Barca. And its worth noting, for all Citeh/Uniteds cash, and all the cash in Premier League, Barca are no paupers, probably better off than both of them anyway. Whatever they can offer, Barca can match or beat

BRAVEHEART1874

Smeltic and sevco will never ever again compete with english teams let alone Man city or Man U signing players and being successful in Europe shame :) which is good for hearts and teams like Aberdeen so keep rising your sports prices sky / bt I don't subscribe ;)

Seymour M Hersh

City are rumoured to be in talks with Guardiola. If true that would be a real draw for Messi.  As for manure's standing in the game, it's beginning to fade all you have to look is down the east Lancs. road to see how the shine can dull.

Apparently the likes of Messi and Neymar are looking for more tax efficient deals for their next contracts and are currently unhappy with current arrangements in Spain.

City are rumoured to be in talks with Guardiola. If true that would be a real draw for Messi. As for manure's standing in the game, it's beginning to fade all you have to look is down the east Lancs. road to see how the shine can dull.

Uniteds standing in the game is only going up. The team on the pitch is crap at the moment, but commercially, they're the biggest club on the planet because of they're recent dealings.

Apparently the likes of Messi and Neymar are looking for more tax efficient deals for their next contracts and are currently unhappy with current arrangements in Spain.

Greeting faced *******s.

How much money do theu need?

Greeting faced *******s.

How much money do theu need?

I noticed in Ronaldos interview the other week about him going to City he said "do you think i really need money, no"

Uniteds standing in the game is only going up. The team on the pitch is crap at the moment, but commercially, they're the biggest club on the planet because of they're recent dealings.

Suppose it depends what you deem as standing in the game. I get your point re business model, but to me it's in the pitch that the standing in the game is based upon.

City are rumoured to be in talks with Guardiola. If true that would be a real draw for Messi. As for manure's standing in the game, it's beginning to fade all you have to look is down the east Lancs. road to see how the shine can dull.

Man Us recent downturn, if you an call it that, is 5 mins in comparison to their achievements in the last 20 years or so.

I don't think it's enough to diminish the stature which they've grown in that time. They are arguably not far off from creating another successful spell and putting that together with their previous success they are still strong in the sub conscious of other players and clubs.

fabienleclerq

Man Us recent downturn, if you an call it that, is 5 mins in comparison to their achievements in the last 20 years or so.

I don't think it's enough to diminish the stature which they've grown in that time. They are arguably not far off from creating another successful spell and putting that together with their previous success they are still strong in the sub conscious of other players and clubs.

From the outside it looked like they've been struggling to attract top players like they used too.

i look forward to the day fooball 'collapses' back to its working class roots and all the parasites gtf.

Do people really think this is going to happen?

Football is still behind US sports in terms of the contracts being dished out to players and the US sport system doesn't look like it's going to collapse anytime soon.

As has already been mentioned on here, despite their debt Man U have arguably never been in a better financial position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie Neilson

i look forward to the day fooball 'collapses' back to its working class roots and all the parasites gtf.

:rofl:

You'll be waiting a long time then

kingantti1874

It would be nice but this will never happen....

Bazzas right boot

?800k is silly but imagine the bottom line after tax and NI, you would lose ?400k a week to the taxman!

Man City effectively have teams all over the world now. So their stature is growing.

I also believe they are one big name manager and player away from becoming the European force the owners crave. They have transformed Manchester and remained true to their roots as a club for the people of Manchester.

Man utd need to start winning trophies or they are going to be less attractive to players, sponsors and foreign fans. You only need to look at Liverpool to see how the mighty can fall.

Utds style of play is a real turn off at the moment which is fine if your winning every week but they're not. And players are not keen on van gaals methods and style of play.

As it stand utd probably do edge it in terms of stature but I'm not so sure they are the draw they used to be.

Once FIFA get their act together (if ever) this is the kind of thing they have to sort out, it's obscene what these football players are getting this is supposed to be the working mans sport.

Bazzas right boot

It's silly money, but someone like Messi is the best in the world, the real crime is that players like Shane Long and Ryan Showcross earn ?50k+ week.

There is only a handful of players that can/ have make/ made a difference to a team lthe same way Messi can.

Theres bog standard players getting ?100k a week, christ Elbows from Rangers was on about ?25k/ week at Wigan, thats more of a :turmoil:than Messi getting ?800k/ week.

Seymour M Hersh

Are you aware that Real Madrid actually are the biggest club on the planet?  What are manure's (they're) recent dealings?

Are you aware that Real Madrid actually are the biggest club on the planet? What are manure's (they're) recent dealings?

I think he means the commercial deals.Man Utds deal with Adidas is something like 4 times more than the next best one which is Real Madrids

Are you aware that Real Madrid actually are the biggest club on the planet? What are manure's (they're) recent dealings?

A ?750 million deal with adidas.

A ?559 million deal with Chevrolet.

A ?160 million Aon Training ground deal.

Seymour M Hersh

A ?750 million deal with adidas.

A ?559 million deal with Chevrolet.

A ?160 million Aon Training ground deal.

Well the Glazers need to paid off somehow.  Are you aware that the Adidas deal will be slashed if the results don't happen. The figure you quote is the best possible figure but unlikely to be achieved.

ChunkyCharlie

Crazy money!

English football is going to ruin football.

How the hell on earth can anybody pick up their wage packet on a weekly basis and say "well, I've certainly done a good shift this week well worth my 800k"

Total bollocks the governing bodies need to act quick before it's too late.

The Treasurer

I await the Daily Rantic's "dream move to Sevco" headline 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34972478

Manchester City's parent company has been valued at $3bn (?2bn) after selling a 13% stake, worth ?265m, to a consortium of Chinese investors.

City Football Group (CFG) has sold the stake to CMC (China Media Capital) and investment company Citic Capital.

It comes after six months of talks and is aimed at expanding CFG's interests in the Chinese football industry.

New shares will be issued in CFG in addition to those held by its owner, Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG).

Chinese state visit

CFG is an investment and development company which is privately owned by Sheikh Mansour of the Abu Dhabi royal family. It also includes New York City FC, Melbourne City FC and Yokohama Marinos.

The move will offer the chance for Man City and the other group clubs to grow a fan base in East Asia, where there is huge competition between top clubs in Europe, and beyond, to build up supporter numbers.

The ultimate aim is to turn those football fans into customers of club products and services too.

The move follows a visit to Manchester in October by the President of China, Xi Jinping.

Ruigang Li, who founded and chairs both the Chinese firms, will represent their consortium by becoming the seventh CFG board member.

_86967270_line976.jpg Analysis: Simon Stone, BBC Sport football writer

This deal is big news for Manchester City, but I am told it is absolutely not the start of an exit strategy from the current owners. China has long been viewed as having huge potential for growth commercially.

In China, an area where only Real Madrid of the established European heavyweights has a significant presence, CMC Holdings will provide contacts to open the right doors to the right opportunities.

If their Abu Dhabi ownership is any guide, City's presence in China will expand rapidly.

It is also worth noting that through this deal, including satellite clubs New York City FC, Melbourne City and Yokohama Marinos, City are now worth approximately 10 times more than Sheikh Mansour bought the club for in 2008.

The Treasurer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34972478

Manchester City's parent company has been valued at $3bn (?2bn) after selling a 13% stake, worth ?265m, to a consortium of Chinese investors.

City Football Group (CFG) has sold the stake to CMC (China Media Capital) and investment company Citic Capital.

It comes after six months of talks and is aimed at expanding CFG's interests in the Chinese football industry.

New shares will be issued in CFG in addition to those held by its owner, Abu Dhabi United Group (ADUG).

Chinese state visit

CFG is an investment and development company which is privately owned by Sheikh Mansour of the Abu Dhabi royal family. It also includes New York City FC, Melbourne City FC and Yokohama Marinos.

The move will offer the chance for Man City and the other group clubs to grow a fan base in East Asia, where there is huge competition between top clubs in Europe, and beyond, to build up supporter numbers.

The ultimate aim is to turn those football fans into customers of club products and services too.

The move follows a visit to Manchester in October by the President of China, Xi Jinping.

Ruigang Li, who founded and chairs both the Chinese firms, will represent their consortium by becoming the seventh CFG board member.

_86967270_line976.jpg Analysis: Simon Stone, BBC Sport football writer

This deal is big news for Manchester City, but I am told it is absolutely not the start of an exit strategy from the current owners. China has long been viewed as having huge potential for growth commercially.

In China, an area where only Real Madrid of the established European heavyweights has a significant presence, CMC Holdings will provide contacts to open the right doors to the right opportunities.

If their Abu Dhabi ownership is any guide, City's presence in China will expand rapidly.

It is also worth noting that through this deal, including satellite clubs New York City FC, Melbourne City and Yokohama Marinos, City are now worth approximately 10 times more than Sheikh Mansour bought the club for in 2008.

This just confirms what we already knew.

Citeh are just another faceless money-making franchise, more interested in selling t-shirts to Asian kids who have no chance of ever seeing them play.

I'm sure the citeh fans are enjoying the success that money has bought them but I wonder what their real fans think of all the "fan-boys" that have suddenly appeared since they started splashing vast sums on players that wouldn't give them a second glance if it wasn't for the Sheik's cash.

Well the Glazers need to paid off somehow.  Are you aware that the Adidas deal will be slashed if the results don't happen. The figure you quote is the best possible figure but unlikely to be achieved.

Have Real Madrid not been "assisted" several times by the Spanish government?

I think I read a piece a few years back about how Real, Barcelona and several other Spanish clubs had some seriously questionable stuff going on with their finances.

Real and Barce also have the significant advantage of taking a much bigger slice of the pie than other Spanish clubs, although I think that's ending next year? Be interesting to see if that affects them significantly or if La Liga have let them get so far ahead before implementing the rule change that it will have no effect at all.

?800k is silly but imagine the bottom line after tax and NI, you would lose ?400k a week to the taxman!

If I was still getting 400k in my bank account every week, not a single **** would be given about how much the taxman has taken.

Citeh are just another faceless money-making franchise, more interested in selling t-shirts to Asian kids who have no chance of ever seeing them play.

I'm sure the citeh fans are enjoying the success that money has bought them but I wonder what their real fans think of all the "fan-boys" that have suddenly appeared since they started splashing vast sums on players that wouldn't give them a second glance if it wasn't for the Sheik's cash.

welcome to Pep and Messi :-)

It won't be long before we see the first "Million Pounds a week" football player.

It's absolutely ****ing unreal.  The gap between the rich and the rest just keeps getting bigger.

Thing is not a lot of fan boys have appeared a few day trippers but essentially it's the same core fans who have always followed the team. Sheik mansoor has done more for Manchester than you can possibly imagine. He's created jobs, helps under privileged kids/families added new transport links and has put an incredible business model into place to ensure city stay successful and Manchester as a city benefits.

Your assessment is way off the mark and one formed purely on the fact they spend money and have a fairly successful team.

Archived