Reaction to the new manager?

Captain Canada

Captain Canada

When we do appoint a new manager what do people think the likelihood is of ALL the supporters getting behind him right from the start and giving him a chance?

IMO that's a very unlikely scenario and given some of the comments on here in reaction to names being mentioned I think the appointment of a new manager is going to split the supporters even further especially if he gets off to a bad start.

However unpopular a choice VR might make we have to give them total support and time to make their mark on the team unless we want another shocking season like the one we've just had.

No matter who is appointed, no matter previous opinions, they are all in the past it must be 100% support from 100% of the SUPPORTERS. Forget all this "aye but I reserve judgment" . To move forward either support constructively or sit quietly is the best solution. Destructive criticisms achieve nothing.

rudi must stay
When we do appoint a new manager what do people think the likelihood is of ALL the supporters getting behind him right from the start and giving him a chance?

IMO that's a very unlikely scenario and given some of the comments on here in reaction to names being mentioned I think the appointment of a new manager is going to split the supporters even further especially if he gets off to a bad start.

However unpopular a choice VR might make we have to give them total support and time to make their mark on the team unless we want another shocking season like the one we've just had.

well said. And if he doesn't do well enough there can be no complaints

scott herbertson

I doesn't matter who it is , some people on here will be negative

"Just wait till Romanov starts interfering, then he'll be off" "That substition was obviously the first Vlad itnerference" etc etc

Painful though that will be, my guess is 98% of the fans will get behind whoever is appointed as long as it is someone from outside the current set up or Romanov's pyramid.

.....at least until we lose...;)

I will give whoever is put in charge (I use "in charge" lightly of course :rolleyes:), total support, regardless of who it is. What I will expect of him is a backbone to tell the players to get a fecking grip and also stand up to Romanov's pish, the first couple of weeks of course wont tell us a great deal to start with but over time he should make his presence felt on the training ground and in the dugout - basically everything we expect of a proper manager.

If things start to go wrong then whether or not it is Romanov's doing, then I expect the manager to have the self respect to do something about it. Unlike Frail.

well said. And if he doesn't do well enough there can be no complaints

Errrr, since when were football fans unable to complain if a manager doesnt perform?

Obviously will get behind the new boss if/when they are appointed but if they don't do well then just because we haven't had a manager in ages doesn't mean we should have to accept a poor performance from whoever we bring in.

Pants Shaton

If Romanov honours the January 1st promise I am convinced the fans will be supportive.

If Romanov appoints Edvaldas Kurskofeev the fans will revolt.

Simple.

Guest jackdaddy2008

Even if he used to work for Celtic boys club?

I still grin when remembering the guy at Tynie the day Rix showed up!

"sex case, sex case, hang um hang um hang um!"

rudi must stay
Errrr, since when were football fans unable to complain if a manager doesnt perform?

Obviously will get behind the new boss if/when they are appointed but if they don't do well then just because we haven't had a manager in ages doesn't mean we should have to accept a poor performance from whoever we bring in.

i would say not ages, but atleast till November/ December. By that time he will have had the time to make us a decent team again.

Guest jackdaddy2008
i would say not ages, but atleast till November/ December. By that time he will have had the time to make us a decent team again.

And we will be in the bottom six, out the cup and dejected and weak.

This appointment is crucial, mainly for the sake of the good players we have, who will be sure to leave if it doesn't get sorted. Imagine Berra, Jose, Driver, Kingston, Glen, Eggert and a couple of others leaving.

Romanov takes full advantage of how loyal we are, even though most of us hate him. We are a great club that is still under achieving. Foulkes should have acted differently. A lot of bravado and self gratification was evident in good ol Georgey in the early parts of the great season.

rudi must stay
And we will be in the bottom six, out the cup and dejected and weak.

This appointment is crucial, mainly for the sake of the good players we have, who will be sure to leave if it doesn't get sorted. Imagine Berra, Jose, Driver, Kingston, Glen, Eggert and a couple of others leaving.

Romanov takes full advantage of how loyal we are, even though most of us hate him. We are a great club that is still under achieving. Foulkes should have acted differently. A lot of bravado and self gratification was evident in good ol Georgey in the early parts of the great season.

or we'd be top 6 and in the cup. That's the time he should be given imo, teams get rid of manager way too early these days.

Guest jackdaddy2008
or we'd be top 6 and in the cup. That's the time he should be given imo, teams get rid of manager way too early these days.

True, but good teams get the right one in the first place. Wait a minute, didn't we do that? Oh thats right we sacked him and he runs some ****ty team now.

Im just starting to worry that nothing has been said, and its June.

Archived