Walker's Injury

Clerry Jambo

I'd love to be proved wrong but for now he's another Andy Driver for me.

Comparing apples and pears. Driver lost his pace and therefore became useless. Walker has much more to his game and will be fine once injury has cleared up.

Probably best player last year

Walker has missed two games and we're hoping he's back for next week.

You can see why someone who wasn't trolling would compare him to a guy who missed years of football

My brother had the same knee condition as a kid. Pretty sure it was a developmental thing where the shin bone is growing faster than everything else and therefore putting pressure on the knee joint. It was painful at the time, but cleared up completely with rest. There were absolutely no issues by his mid twenties.

Edit: had a quick google - worst case scenario looks like a bone spur that could need removed. Apart from the recovery time, I would not have thought this could have a long term impact as it is not part of the joint itself or involve ligaments etc. seems this type of OSD is pretty rare anyway.

I had it a few years ago. I wasn't playing at a high level at all but even then the club was able to get me physios and the right treatment and I was back playing in around 2 months.

Obviously it's different for everyone but I'm sure Hearts will be able to fix it up just fine.

Had Osgood Schlatters when I was 13-15 or something like that.  It's agony if you have it bad.  I missed a lot of football at a vital time cos of it.  I'd imagine there's more known about it now, but at the time there were a million theories on remedy flying about.  I got ultrasound and used to go through to the Falkirk Physio for a bit and it helped, but was basically told by the NHS no footy for 6 months or I'd end up in a full-leg cast.

Basically the bone grows quicker than the tendon and separates from it, so you have this weird lump of bone which sticks out.  I've had knee issues throughout - easily twisted, small tears and stretches in cruciates etc, so can understand Jamie having issues.

We're doing well without him, but he's such a big talent we want him firing on all cyliinders.  Would rather he missed 4/5 games now and was good for rest of season than rush him now and have him half-fit until May.

Reading that it would appear Jamie will be out for another few weeks. Would love to have him back playing but they're doing the right thing for him and Hearts by taking their time, hopefully when he comes back his injury will be properly healed as he is one of the main players at the club. As a side note perhaps this injury may deter some from putting in an offer during January which would be no bad thing from our point of view.

Reading that it would appear Jamie will be out for another few weeks. Would love to have him back playing but they're doing the right thing for him and Hearts by taking their time, hopefully when he comes back his injury will be properly healed as he is one of the main players at the club. As a side note perhaps this injury may deter some from putting in an offer during January which would be no bad thing from our point of view.

Yeah 100% agree, no point in rushing him back. Especially as we have coped not too badly without him.

Agree from a purely selfish point of view, may allow us to hold onto him for longer. Obviously longer term hope it doesn't effect his potential.

Technical terminology from Robbie, ?It?s an electro treatment thing that you can do for the problem he has, it?s pretty standard. We?re hoping that will clean up something. :)

If he can recover from this injury he'll have a great future. As long as we avoid playing him behind a striker.

It would be sensible to leave him out for as long as it takes to assess what needs done, do what needs done and to recover from whatever is done. We have lots of quality players and can cope quite comfortably. He's a potentially valuable player who could do with a full & comprehensive rehabilitation. Not a quick fix here or there and playing through an injury. Even if it takes all season.

Technical terminology from Robbie, ?It?s an electro treatment thing that you can do for the problem he has, it?s pretty standard. We?re hoping that will clean up something. :)

Just another way of saying "Jamie can be seen most days pushing a hoover around Riccarton".

gorgie rd eh11

This thread is pretty typical of this place since it's been overran by trolls.

Jamie Walker romped through the Championship and has taken the Premier league in his stride. You see more praise for over rated Championship players on here than you do for guys like Jamie who has done so much for Hearts from such a young age.

:stuart:

Bazzas right boot

Good player. Not sure if he's got the pace to play at a higher level though.

This is a fairly sensible observation.

I rate walker, great touch, good vision, can use both feet and scores goals, however he isn't the fastest by any stretch, I think he will go on to at least championship level if he wants but pace might hold him back from playin at the highest level.

This thread is pretty typical of this place since it's been overran by trolls.

Jamie Walker romped through the Championship and has taken the Premier league in his stride. You see more praise for over rated Championship players on here than you do for guys like Jamie who has done so much for Hearts from such a young age.

:stuart:

Spot on mate.

The Treasurer

We have a lot of very tough games coming up over the festive period.

It would be great to have arguably our best player available, fully fit by then.

But better to take the time he needs rather than rushing him back not 100%

Archived