Walker's Injury

Clerry Jambo

At least now we have a better idea of what the injury is and when we hope to have him back. A game changer so always nice to have him available.

Would be nice to have him back for the Dundee game with Juanma being suspended. Obviously dont wont to rush him back though.

If he is not fit then I would have no problems with playing Djoum behind Sow.

Bungalow Bill

I'd heard that one of the solutions being looked at was to shave part of the bone, but it would mean 6 months out.

Heard that a week or so ago. Maybe a lot of nonsense though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said it before; he's done. Won't play at a higher level than Hearts.

Have to disagree with you.  Think Walker will make at least the top of the English Championship.

Arnold Rothstein

Have to disagree with you.  Think Walker will make at least the top of the English Championship.

A lot will disagree but i don't see that as a higher level. If Hearts were to play Hull, Brighton, Middlesborough, Derby etc competitively, i'd expect to compete. In fact, i'd expect to win.

A lot will disagree but i don't see that as a higher level. If Hearts were to play Hull, Brighton, Middlesborough, Derby etc competitively, i'd expect to compete. In fact, i'd expect to win.

I think you'd be extremely disappointed then..

If we were to come up against all those teams in a league table, we would come last.

A lot will disagree but i don't see that as a higher level. If Hearts were to play Hull, Brighton, Middlesborough, Derby etc competitively, i'd expect to compete. In fact, i'd expect to win.[/

quote]

All of those teams would easily beat us they are light years ahead. Walker is yet to prove himself at hearts on a consistent basis but if he does no reason why he couldnt play at the top.

Arnold Rothstein

If we were to come up against all those teams in a league table, we would come last.

A lot will disagree but i don't see that as a higher level. If Hearts were to play Hull, Brighton, Middlesborough, Derby etc competitively, i'd expect to compete. In fact, i'd expect to win.[/

quote]

All of those teams would easily beat us they are light years ahead. Walker is yet to prove himself at hearts on a consistent basis but if he does no reason why he couldnt play at the top.

They may well beat us but to say they're lightyears ahead is nonsense. 

ChunkyCharlie

I've said it before; he's done. Won't play at a higher level than Hearts.

Surely you must be joking?

Arnold Rothstein

To say you'd expect to beat them is nonsense.

You think Brighton & Hove Albion are lightyears ahead of Heart of Midlothian? Brighton & Hove Albion? I'd want at least four off them.

Arnold Rothstein

Surely you must be joking?

Nope. His knees are gubbed. He may well have the talent and ability to play at a higher level (not convinced) but injury will prevent it.

Looking forward to having Jamie back in the side, I thought he was outstanding last season, able to take the ball in tight situations and threaten teams with his direct running.  Great work ethic too, he came on leaps and bounds.

Good to see that our squad has improved significantly - we have prospered in his absence, but he'll add to the team when he's back.

Smart of Hearts to give him the time too.

You think Brighton & Hove Albion are lightyears ahead of Heart of Midlothian? Brighton & Hove Albion? I'd want at least four off them.

Not really worth arguing with you since you dont seem to understand the difference in finances in scottish and english football. I could easily see brighton knock us for four.

I never said they were light years ahead of us? Bit weird making stuff up.

You should probably take the maroon tinted specs off, they would beat us comfortably at the moment. No doubt.

You think they're about the same standard as Partick Thistle?

lets just be glad that the problem appears to have been identified and he is on his way back to hopefully playing a major role in what may prove to be a very interesting season

Bazzas right boot

Shame for Jamie, but a blessing in disguise for us.

Might mean he stays with us, if not forever, a bit longer anyway.

ChunkyCharlie

Nope. His knees are gubbed. He may well have the talent and ability to play at a higher level (not convinced) but injury will prevent it.

It doesn't sound great when they are talking about an injury stemming from a young age however they haven't said this could affect his career long term. We don't know the ins and outs so I wouldn't worry too greatly at this stage. Jamie has talent and ability and if he keeps inproving at the same rate he has done he will develop into a good player in my opinion. I like Jamie I hope he goes far.

not convinced about his ability to play at a higher level? Gies peace eh.

Only a bad attitude or injury problems will stop him progressing.

I obviously hope he stays at Hearts full stop but anyone can see he has the talent to play against better players and reach his capacity playing alongside them too.

I think Walker is hopeless and if we played in the English Championship we would finish last with zero points.

Does that sum up this depressing thread?

The Apprentice

I used to suffer badly from Osgood-schaltters when I was younger, a very painful thing indeed and unfortunately no magical cure. Just needs to be managed constantly as over-exertion can make it really quite uncomfortable.

Hopefully Jamie can recover well from it though. Top, top player on his day!

Hull and maybe just be edged by Middlesborough, but If you really believe that Derby County and Brighton would pump us with any sort of regularity you've clearly been brainwashed by Sky Sports.

Hull and maybe just be edged by Middlesborough, but If you really believe that Derby County and Brighton would pump us with any sort of regularity you've clearly been brainwashed by Sky Sports.

It's all about the money and if we had the ability to run up losses as all those clubs have done then we could compete.

Hull owe  ?77.4 million debt up to summer of 2015 and with relegation this will increase.

Derby County lost over ?7 million in each of the last 2 years

Middlesborough lost over ?20 million in each of the last 2 years

Brighton lost ?14.7million in 2014 then over ?10 million last year.

There are many other clubs with serious debt in the championship kept afloat by wealthy owners or investors all hoping for the Premier league riches....QPR, Fulham, Leeds United,Nottingham Forest to name just a few.

We operate in a diff't market so comparison is difficult  and finance is a major part of the differences in the 2 market places.

Hackney Hearts

Brighton are on a bit of a roll at the moment, as it happens - unbeaten in 16 games, only conceding 12 goals. Generally though, I think we'd hold our own against any of the teams mentioned.

The last time we played an English team competitively? Away at Liverpool - clearly a huge step up from the Championship - and it was 1-1. I'd also argue that we have the makings of a better team now than we had then. (MacDonald, Grainger, McGowan, Barr, Webster, Zaliukas, Paterson, Templeton, Taouil, Sutton, Novikovas)

Would be sad for Walker if he's prevented from fulfilling his potential, but selfishly it would be great for Hearts if he ends up staying longer with us. He's a great talent.

Brighton are on a bit of a roll at the moment, as it happens - unbeaten in 16 games, only conceding 12 goals. Generally though, I think we'd hold our own against any of the teams mentioned.

The last time we played an English team competitively? Away at Liverpool - clearly a huge step up from the Championship - and it was 1-1. I'd also argue that we have the makings of a better team now than we had then. (MacDonald, Grainger, McGowan, Barr, Webster, Zaliukas, Paterson, Templeton, Taouil, Sutton, Novikovas)

Would be sad for Walker if he's prevented from fulfilling his potential, but selfishly it would be great for Hearts if he ends up staying longer with us. He's a great talent.

Decent post

It's all about the money and if we had the ability to run up losses as all those clubs have done then we could compete.

Hull owe  ?77.4 million debt up to summer of 2015 and with relegation this will increase.

Derby County lost over ?7 million in each of the last 2 years

Middlesborough lost over ?20 million in each of the last 2 years

Brighton lost ?14.7million in 2014 then over ?10 million last year.

Apart from Hull, we managed to run up bigger losses than any of them when Romanov was in charge.  What did we get from it?  a 2nd place, a 3rd place and a couple of Cups in Scotland.

What a statement to make. Tendinitis is not career threatening so not sure where you get that!

Fully fit, he is one if not the best player we have and could easily go in to bigger and better things;

A fully fit Walker could net us a few million. You can see he is physically stronger now. Injury free, he will run riot.

My brother had the same knee condition as a kid. Pretty sure it was a developmental thing where the shin bone is growing faster than everything else and therefore putting pressure on the knee joint. It was painful at the time, but cleared up completely with rest. There were absolutely no issues by his mid twenties.

Edit: had a quick google - worst case scenario looks like a bone spur that could need removed. Apart from the recovery time, I would not have thought this could have a long term impact as it is not part of the joint itself or involve ligaments etc. seems this type of OSD is pretty rare anyway.

My brother had the same knee condition as a kid. Pretty sure it was a developmental thing where the shin bone is growing faster than everything else and therefore putting pressure on the knee joint. It was painful at the time, but cleared up completely with rest. There were absolutely no issues by his mid twenties.

Edit: had a quick google - worst case scenario looks like a bone spur that could need removed. Apart from the recovery time, I would not have thought this could have a long term impact as it is not part of the joint itself or involve ligaments etc. seems this type of OSD is pretty rare anyway.

The only thing with O S is there's no timescale with it. Everyone is different, time is the healer butwill it be 2 weeks 2 months or 2 years?

We all know what Jamie was capable of last season and early season it was looking as though he was going to continue with his progressive performances.

The good thing that comes out of this for us is it takes him out of the shop window.

Jambof3tornado

Hope he is back fit soon. As for how far he can go only time will tell. He has improved greatly but not sure about his stamina as he really does fade later on in games (although his increased workrate and tracking back has impressed in the last 12 months).

Arnold Rothstein

What a statement to make. Tendinitis is not career threatening so not sure where you get that!

Fully fit, he is one if not the best player we have and could easily go in to bigger and better things;

I'd love to be proved wrong but for now he's another Andy Driver for me.

I'd love to be proved wrong but for now he's another Andy Driver for me.

Is this actually based on anything or are you just trolling? Another Andy Driver despite him making 13 appearances this season, scoring 2 goals and making 7 assists along the way and on the back of his most consistent season for us last year.

He?s struggling to nurse a problem just now but the club are confident he?ll be back soon.

Bungalow Bill

Didn't know so many fans didn't rate Walker. I fully expect him to play at a higher level. On his day, apart from Sow, he's the best player we have IMO. He has a streak of magic in him at times.

scott herbertson

Didn't know so many fans didn't rate Walker. I fully expect him to play at a higher level. On his day, apart from Sow, he's the best player we have IMO. He has a streak of magic in him at times.

Depends what you mean by 'fan' I guess- anyone who has watched Walker in the last 12 months knows what we have is a top class player who can go all the way to the top if he continues to progress

Son Of Anarchy

Depends what you mean by 'fan' I guess- anyone who has watched Walker in the last 12 months knows what we have is a top class player who can go all the way to the top if he continues to progress

Exactly. The guy has class and a great attitude as well now. Fingers crossed with the injury as he's our best prospect for a good transfer fee even though I want him to stay as long as is good for both us and himself.

^^^this best technical ability at Tynecastle by a country mile, hope he continues to develop and is not injury prone, but these both are risk for anyone in sport, if all is ok he will in my mind play at a higher level. Only Hearts player who looked equal to Everton technically when we played them, ok it was a friendly but that still stood out. But I guess some won't rate him , I don't understand that, given that every time he plays we are without doubt more dangerous and likely to score.

Archived