Kodi again

Unknown user

And renegades is also down... So much for my previous comment!

That renegades is a joke. I'd stick to ivue its not perfect but at least its stable. Use username 019724 password the same. Save you joining the FB group!

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

No update for me then. My bigsams Sportsmania build is fantastic, ain't losing that if I can help it

Tried that and didn't get on wth it. Then spent a while with a minimalist clean install and 4 add ons.

Downloaded The Beast last night. Takes a wee bit of effort to sign up and then half an hour to trim the shite away but it's the best one I have used so far. 3 years looking for a decent build and we're about to lose builds !!!!

Carl Fredrickson

Sorry if this is a daft question but what are these builds that folk are talking about?

I am a novice who downloaded the Kodi app and have added the likes of Exodus to it. Are builds the preloaded boxes?

I did try to Google it but the results were all recommended builds.

Thanks in advance.

luckyBatistuta

Tried that and didn't get on wth it. Then spent a while with a minimalist clean install and 4 add ons.

Downloaded The Beast last night. Takes a wee bit of effort to sign up and then half an hour to trim the shite away but it's the best one I have used so far. 3 years looking for a decent build and we're about to lose builds !!!!

Never had a problem with that build. I'm meant to be setting up a firestick for a mate tonight, with it loaded on...oh dear, fingers crossed.

Sorry if this is a daft question but what are these builds that folk are talking about?

I am a novice who downloaded the Kodi app and have added the likes of Exodus to it. Are builds the preloaded boxes?

I did try to Google it but the results were all recommended builds.

Thanks in advance.

A 'build' is simply a pre-packed selection of add ons set out in categories with background imagery etc etc that someone has gone to trouble of 'building' and distibuting. They are then made available, usually for free, for anyone who wants to install them.

Most of them contain more add ons than you ever need and sometimes they consume too much space on your box. However it saves the trouble of manually installing add ons individually.

They are quite easy to install so good for someone just starting out. Ideally you'd want a minimal 'build' with just a half dozen of the most popular add ons. Wookie lite comes closest to that I suppose, of the ones I have tried, but it's still too big and contains much more than you would ever use.

I generally install a build for someone new and spend an hour or so dumbing it down for them.

If you managed to install exodus and a few more on to a clean install of Kodi, you're not really going to gain a whole lot switching to a packaged build. IMO

Edited by CollyWolly

Carl Fredrickson

A 'build' is simply a pre-packed selection of add ons set out in categories with background imagery etc etc that someone has gone to trouble of 'building' and distibuting. They are then made available, usually for free, for anyone who wants to install them.

Most of them contain more add ons than you ever need and sometimes they consume too much space on your box. However it saves the trouble of manually installing add ons individually.

They are quite easy to install so good for someone just starting out. Ideally you'd want a minimal 'build' with just a half dozen of the most popular add ons. Wookie lite comes closest to that I suppose, of the ones I have tried, but it's still too big and contains much more than you would ever use.

I generally install a build for someone new and spend an hour or so dumbing it down for them.

If you managed to install exodus and a few more on to a clean install of Kodi, you're not really going to gain a whole lot switching to a packaged build. IMO

Cheees

Well explained and much appreciated! :2thumbsup:

Does anyone happen to know how much data a 90 minute match on Sportsmania uses? I'm in a lodge in North Kessock and there's no wifi. There is 4g and I've added 2gb to my phone to Hotspot. Think it'll be enough?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Does anyone happen to know how much data a 90 minute match on Sportsmania uses? I'm in a lodge in North Kessock and there's no wifi. There is 4g and I've added 2gb to my phone to Hotspot. Think it'll be enough?

I would imagine it would eat that up in about an hour

chester copperpot

I would imagine it would eat that up in about an hour

I watched a bit of a Euro game on bbc iplayer when I was at a 50th in June and it ate about 500mb of data in about 15mins.

Doubt it would last 90mins as watching live shit on 4g uses up the data big time

Kodi is constantly freezing for me tonight.

Streams are fine for a while but then it will freeze out of no where, not just the stream but Kodi itself.

Sometimes even when I pause a livestream (Sky Sports) it won't let me unpause.

Edited by Solid Snake

Henry. Henry.

I watched the under 21s on Friday night on Iplayer using my iPhone personal hotspot. Used up 1.5-2gb

Hi all, got my kodi box up and running today, all I can say is.......WOW.

Loaded Exodus and Ultimate Mania, quite incredible the amount of stuff to watch and the quality is superb. My freesat box is good as well. All is well so far. cheers for all the help so far.

luckyBatistuta

Hi all, got my kodi box up and running today, all I can say is.......WOW.

Loaded Exodus and Ultimate Mania, quite incredible the amount of stuff to watch and the quality is superb. My freesat box is good as well. All is well so far. cheers for all the help so far.

I know it didn't work for CollyWolly, but 'bigsams UltimateMania build' is great for ease of use and also has fab Willie Thorne, which is pin protected.

I know it didn't work for CollyWolly, but 'bigsams UltimateMania build' is great for ease of use and also has fab Willie Thorne, which is pin protected.

It's not that it didn't work. I just didn't like it the way it was laid out really. Nothing wrong with it it terms of functionality. Just personal taste is all.

Edited by CollyWolly

luckyBatistuta

It's not that it didn't work. I just didn't like it the way it was laid out really. Nothing wrong with it it terms of functionality. Just personal taste is all.

Ah, sorry bud...thought you couldn't get it working :thumbsup:

Remember Streampro? I miss that bloody site. Even if they stole ?20 off me.

Anyway. I Google them to see if they reemerged and spotted this wee site.

http://www.streampro.co.uk

No idea if it's the same folk but how does this box shape up amongst the others available?

I know this will probably be too late for you but I have watched a few games over 4G and the quality has been almost unwatchable at some points so not HD by any means but it uses about 300MB or so usually.

Cheers for the tip, but I did look at builds but just thought they have too much stuff in them for my(and the missus) needs, it's only been 24 hours but she is converted, found all her american crap on exodus and is as happy as a pig in poo!!

It's early days and we are getting to grips with the intricacies but so far so good, i'm well impressed. The T8-V4 box I got was expensive but so far seems worth every penny, really nice bit of kit and seems very well made. 

Was horrible for me too. Switched to mobdro and was perfect :lol: ffs

I have modbro but never used it. Had a poor experience with sports nation last night so can I just log into my subscribed account on modbro, or do I need to re subscribe ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exodus, SALTS, SportsMania, UKTV Again & Live Mix.

Think I'm covered for everything (live TV, live sports, TV shows & movies).

Any other recommendations?

I use the bbc iplayer and itv player addons a fair bit.

Putting Wookie onto your device isn't a problem as long as you have plenty space for all the shite. I've got a T8 v3 soon to be upgraded to the v4 and I keep all the dross within wookie "just in case". Like last night when UK Turk went down.

I'd maybe get specto fork to cover for any outages in exodus and SALTS and I'd get Ulimate Mania the next time you renew.

I would also get a traktv account and a real debrid account at some stage. Not 100% essential right away but real debrid especially is a good thing to get sooner or later. I resisted for nearly two years. Life changing in terms of quality and lack of buffering.

Edited by CollyWolly

Cheers for the tip, but I did look at builds but just thought they have too much stuff in them for my(and the missus) needs, it's only been 24 hours but she is converted, found all her american crap on exodus and is as happy as a pig in poo!!

It's early days and we are getting to grips with the intricacies but so far so good, i'm well impressed. The T8-V4 box I got was expensive but so far seems worth every penny, really nice bit of kit and seems very well made.

T8 V4 is the dugs and a steal for the money IMO. Birthday bunnies might bring me one as I am back to using an old M8 again. Since a certain person took my T8 on trial and liked it so much he gave me lots of grey goose for it. Edited by CollyWolly

Rudolf's Mate

What's the difference between HD and HDS?

It's a bit over my head admittedly however the crux as I understood was that it delivers the stream better using less bandwidth plus less likely (supposedly) to encounter problems such as buffering!

There's a load more to it but it was just jargon the first time I looked it up but that's what stood out to me.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

T8 V4 is the dugs and a steal for the money IMO. Birthday bunnies might bring me one as I am back to using an old M8 again. Since a certain person took my T8 on trial and liked it so much he gave me lots of grey goose for it.

It;s a great piece of kit, very easy to use, to the extent that my missus picked it up in 5 minutes and is now having a ball watching crap!!!! i'd recommend it to anyone, worth every penny.

Unless you plan on downloading or have a poor Internet connection real debrid is a waste of cash Imo. They seem to have done a good job of convincing people that they provide better sources and less buffering but tbh you can exactly the same 1080p/720p pictures without it and I have never had buffering issues. I do however have fibre and incredibly fast Internet. I am also annoyed about the fact TV addons are advertising this as a must have and making a pretty penny out it as well.

I tried real debrid out of morbid curiosity and found it an utter waste of cash.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate

Unless you plan on downloading or have a poor Internet connection real debrid is a waste of cash Imo. They seem to have done a good job of convincing people that they provide better sources and less buffering but tbh you can exactly the same 1080p/720p pictures without it and I have never had buffering issues. I do however have fibre and incredibly fast Internet. I am also annoyed about the fact TV addons are advertising this as a must have and making a pretty penny out it as well.

I tried real debrid out of morbid curiosity and found it an utter waste of cash.

Alim you've watched a video on some daft ***** moaning about TVAddons and them plugging RD and you've taken it upon yourself to be offended :cornette:

Alim you've watched a video on some daft ***** moaning about TVAddons and them plugging RD and you've taken it upon yourself to be offended :cornette:

I find it wrong that selling people a product they probably dont need is out of order. I would hardly say I am offended though. TV ADDONS is as bad as these arseholes selling fully loaded boxes and firesticks but if people want to fall for it or buy it then bash on.

I am only providing my opinion mate. No need in getting your knickers in twist. Not the only one who thinks this considering there is a whole host of people saying it is a rip off.

Btw I was actually researching whether real debrid is worth it or not and never just watched one video.

Rudolf's Mate

I find it wrong that selling people a product they probably dont need is out of order. I would hardly say I am offended though. TV ADDONS is as bad as these arseholes selling fully loaded boxes and firesticks but if people want to fall for it or buy it then bash on.

I am only providing my opinion mate. No need in getting your knickers in twist. Not the only one who thinks this considering there is a whole host of people saying it is a rip off.

Btw I was actually researching whether real debrid is worth it or not and never just watched one video.

Last time you went off on one about people paying for stuff was Sports Mania :lol:

For every person that complains about it (RD) you'll get others saying the opposite. Someone I've seen countless people quoting (Michael Seo or whatever he's called) had RD in his top 10 recommended things for Kodi.

The issue really isn't Real-Debrid and its addons and other services trying to get people to go down that route. RD is one of many of these providers and is the cheapest by far as well however nobody moans about the other providers.

Despite having 76mbps fibre connection since using RD I've had near faultless streaming. Some people are happy clicking on a couple of links until one works perfectly but I want to watch something I know will not only work but won't buffer at some point through it.

It's nothing like these people who sell boxes and as per you're being over dramatic :lol:

Despite what I've said, I've never once said that you need RD but I'd definitely recommend it.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

Last time you went off on one about people paying for stuff was Sports Mania :lol:

For every person that complains about it (RD) you'll get others saying the opposite. Someone I've seen countless people quoting (Michael Seo or whatever he's called) had RD in his top 10 recommended things for Kodi.

The issue really isn't Real-Debrid and its addons and other services trying to get people to go down that route. RD is one of many of these providers and is the cheapest by far as well however nobody moans about the other providers.

Despite having 76mbps fibre connection since using RD I've had near faultless streaming. Some people are happy clicking on a couple of links until one works perfectly but I want to watch something I know will not only work but won't buffer at some point through it.

It's nothing like these people who sell boxes and as per you're being over dramatic :lol:

Despite what I've said, I've never once said that you need RD but I'd definitely recommend it.

I don't think I once said sportsmania was a rip off. I said there was free alternatives but after exhausting them all and having pishy streams I went for Sportsmania. Sportsmania fills a void where the free ones fail by providing a reliable stream Real debrid does not as countless add ons provide as good a service as it does.

If you have a poor Internet connection or want to download via it then it may be worth the money as I have already stated. However many people are being duped into buying this for that is as bad as people being duped into buying full loaded boxes.

The only one being dramatic here is you rudolf. I stated an opinion and you took it apon yourself to be offended with the cornette emotions and went straight on the defensive.

Edited by AlimOzturk

I was quite cynical about it, so I signed up for a trial thinking it wouldnt make a difference I would notice. I was wrong. It did make a difference. Maybe just me but I think its worth the piddling amount of cash I pay for it.

To be clear, you don't need it. It may make a difference to you though. If it doesn't, don't go further than the trial which costs a couple of quid.

Edited by CollyWolly