"easter road is becoming a fortress again" Stubbo

Slim Anus

I think they should take this theme and run with it. Use a camouflage type background on their website and email, bill their support as the GWA.  In general just push on through, and "do a Hibs" once more.

Maybe Malmo can pop in during pre season and bang another 7 past them for good measure.

If Carlsberg made rivals......

I'm looking forward to their AGM.  I always do.  Rod will be positively beaming with delight and the supporters will lap it up.

It will escape them that they are destined for at least one more season in the Championship and haven't won the Scottish Cup since 1902.

I'm looking forward to their AGM.  I always do.  Rod will be positively beaming with delight and the supporters will lap it up.

It will escape them that they are destined for at least one more season in the Championship and haven't won the Scottish Cup since 1902.

Aye but ken likesy they beat us 7 nil and 6 -2

Some of the love-in with Hibs on this thread :cornette:

People wanting Hibs back in the top league :cornette::cornette:

People wanting the return of, quote 'exciting Edinburgh derbies'.........................derbies are shite. They bring out the worst in fans because of the fear of losing. I hate losing to them. That game at Easter Road last season was horrible. They wanted my club dead, not all granted but some, and that is enough for me to wish the same. Feck them and all who sail with them.

Back on topic; fortress Stubbsy................................good one :gok:

exactly bud.

I was actually think about this today.

I don't miss the Derby in the sense i think it's what Hearts need, it's what makes us. We are far more and bigger than that.

We can survive without them, I'm not sure if they can without us though ....Look at us. Getting on with it in the top flight as we expect HMFC to, getting near full houses, fighting at the top of the table....that's Hearts.

Derbies have given us much joy and memories and if they return I hope there are more to relish in the future but I really am not bothered one bit we don't have a derby...

I suspect he's setting himself up for a fall here. Y'know.

Much as I miss the derbies, I hope that they stay down for a good number of years.  My only worry is that they may be good enough in the play offs.  I'm hoping for a normal season where they pick up around 2 wins between Christmas and the end of the season.

You know (see what I did there) you can say what you like about the level they are playing at and how good or otherwise they are and how good a coach Stubbs is, but I like his enthusiasm and his positivity. They try and give everyone a game and they are positive and attacking. Not something you always see from Robbie Neilson.

Easter Road isn't a fortress by any means but they've had a pretty decent week and he's got every right to talk it up and keep the positive vibe going.

Aw aye that's how Robbie has us second top and won the championship at a canter.

Honestly the love in with that lot is boakin material.

I look at Hibs and see a team that have found their level in which they can excel and enjoy without pressure.

They all look happy that there's no real test for them. They still have players who have failed miserably at SPL level and on their return( if they ever do) will find the rigours of the SPL much harder on a weekly basis.

Again, it will test their resolve and ability and they will be seriously tested to see if they can be consistent.

A defence of McGregor, Hanlon and Stevenson would get torn a new arsehole quite often imo.

They did last week v Rangers and got away with murder.

WorldChampions1902

Let's look at that Stubbism and consider its implications.

He said that quote, "Easter Rd is BECOMING a fortress". So............a team that plays in the Championship openly admits that they are getting CLOSER to making their HOME games a challenge for visiting teams. BUT they are not quite good enough currently to achieving a Fortress perception.

Wee team indeed!

0-7?

Malmo?

:rofl:

I added the score at the bottom, but his tweet is from just after the game :lol:

They have decent midfielders which give them a chance to control the middle if the park. That McGinn would have added something to our team and we could do with finding a player like that to add to our squad. I think that's what's missing from our team to make us really good so maybe a January signing.

What I will say is that they scored the 2nd goal on Sun against the run of play or Rangers would have won

At least when you fly your drone at Easter road, you don't have to orry about hitting anyone......... :uhoh2:

Thought i`d be a geek for a while and checked some stats........

Championship/division one seasons aside, in 18 top flight seasons since 95/96 the Losers have lost 117 home games at an average of 6.5 a season.

Won 128 at an average of 7.1, draws 91 at an av. of 5.05..........

Fortress......... again?     

They have decent midfielders which give them a chance to control the middle if the park. That McGinn would have added something to our team and we could do with finding a player like that to add to our squad. I think that's what's missing from our team to make us really good so maybe a January signing.

What I will say is that they scored the 2nd goal on Sun against the run of play or Rangers would have won

Djoum might be the man.

Some of the love-in with Hibs on this thread :cornette:

People wanting Hibs back in the top league :cornette:  :cornette:

People wanting the return of, quote 'exciting Edinburgh derbies'.........................derbies are shite. They bring out the worst in fans because of the fear of losing. I hate losing to them. That game at Easter Road last season was horrible. They wanted my club dead, not all granted but some, and that is enough for me to wish the same. Feck them and all who sail with them.

Back on topic; fortress Stubbsy................................good one :gok:

:greatpost:

Derbies have invariably been shite affairs over the years with the odd one or two bucking the trend. 

**** 'em.

And he's not praying

Almost a desperation from some on here to give him credit for doing a 'good' job.

Failed in the Championship last year.

Failed at Hampden versus a lower ranked team.

Currently off the pace in the Championship again.

Yet he has now seemingly 'built a good team'?

**** off.

The same people are seemingly ignoring the reasons why he's been allowed to assemble such a team in the championship (a bang ******* average team if you ask me). Answer being, they've thrown everything at promotion this year. Spending money their league position and pathetic turnover doesn't warrant. They've went all in and I can't wait for the fall out.

Lots and lots of managers out there would have a similar record to Stubbs at Hibs given what he has at the level they're at.

Hibermyth once again strikes and is sad to see it's rancid head being reared on here.

Hopefully they die soon and we can all lay this shite to bed once and for all.

Archived