"easter road is becoming a fortress again" Stubbo

Slim Anus

oh ah grantona

They're in the Championship with 8 shit teams and 1 average team.

They're bound to win most of their home games.

Exactly this!!!

What they are doing is nothing out of ordinary add in Dundee Utd by far the worst SPL side so not to difficult to see a Hibs win at home ( they did also beat Ross county last year who were bottom at the time)

The Aberdeen result really was the only eye opener and even then its a 1 of cup game at Home something our manager should have used to put us in a semi final 

Anyone esle remember the other "Fort" in Leith, that was a shit hole as well, full of Neds and Junkies.

At the risk of being lambasted I actually think Stubbs has done a very good job at Easter Rd. He comes over as not the brightest but he has put together a decent squad of young players and although their nearest challengers outside Rangers have slightly weakened teams from last season Hibs are still way ahead of Falkirk, QOTS etc.

Stubbs has worked with Martinez who rates him highly don't forget so the guy is no mug despite his appearance and articulation.

AB has a high regard for Dempster too don't forget and she has worked away behind the scenes plugging the gaps in what was a sinking ship.

I for one would like to see Hibs back in the top league with us and getting back to exciting derbies where we can once again see just how good both our teams are.

Despite what people say on here, I honestly don't think there would be much between us.

I've got the tin hat at the ready :behead:

You know (see what I did there) you can say what you like about the level they are playing at and how good or otherwise they are and how good a coach Stubbs is, but I like his enthusiasm and his positivity. They try and give everyone a game and they are positive and attacking. Not something you always see from Robbie Neilson.

Easter Road isn't a fortress by any means but they've had a pretty decent week and he's got every right to talk it up and keep the positive vibe going.

oh ah grantona

At the risk of being lambasted I actually think Stubbs has done a very good job at Easter Rd. He comes over as not the brightest but he has put together a decent squad of young players and although their nearest challengers outside Rangers have slightly weakened teams from last season Hibs are still way ahead of Falkirk, QOTS etc.

Stubbs has worked with Martinez who rates him highly don't forget so the guy is no mug despite his appearance and articulation.

AB has a high regard for Dempster too don't forget and she has worked away behind the scenes plugging the gaps in what was a sinking ship.

I for one would like to see Hibs back in the top league with us and getting back to exciting derbies where we can once again see just how good both our teams are.

Despite what people say on here, I honestly don't think there would be much between us.

I've got the tin hat at the ready :behead:

Your not far off but personally if we went toe to toe with Hibs streets ahead tactical affair and we play into their hands as we did last season.

Isn't it funny how history seems to repeat itself? We won a far more competative championship at an absolute canter but didn't say a word. When we put 10 past Cowdenbeath, Robbie never felt the need to start hyping us up, we just moved on to the next game.

They've looked good against a long line of utter mince. We would do an absolute number on them at Easter Road.

Personally I love it when the old hobos are full of beanzzzz,thinking they are a sublime footballing force teaching the world sexy soccer.

It makes it all the more sweeter for me watching their misery play out time after time.

I reckon if Hearts won the SPFL and the Scottish cup they [filter edit] would still proclaim to be the best football team in Scotland with wonky eye "building something special" shite.

Luscious Laryea

A fortress with a real cauldron of an atmosphere...in a ground less than half full for home league games other than the Huns, mostly comprised of degenerates of the highest order and bammy youths

Your not far off but personally if we went toe to toe with Hibs streets ahead tactical affair and we play into their hands as we did last season.

That is what I was thinking to about last season. We did not do well against them at all and I think Robbie needs to concentrate on us playing to our strengths and let the opposition worry about us not the other way round as he was guilty of and still is a bit this season.

Hopefully as he gains more experience he will start becoming more confident in our teams ability and have a go at teams such as Celtic, Aberdeen instead of trying to just contain them.

Molde are a perfect example of what can be done, hope you were watching Robbie?

They are playing against rubbish every other week, does he not realise this, also I know it was not a defeat but St Mirren got a point not 2 long ago, he is just setting himself up for a fall as usual, I really hope they get hammered this weekend even though it is that mob they are playing.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The usual high standards for that abomination of a club - dominating most Championship sides. Sensational.

I doubt Robbie used the word fortress once last season. But then again, it went without saying

:verysmug:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yep. Twitchy tweaker time in the May playoffs.

We know it and, better still, THEY know it.

Again !

Everybody knows it's coming, even the vermin themselves. Can't wait. :D

All roads lead to Gorgie

Fortresses keep people out. Clearly working on the fans then

Or keep people in, I'm sure Stubbs will be looking for weaknesses he can exploit to escape just like Scott Allan.

Their average gate at home in the league this season is 9454.

That includes the Rangers game last week.

Take that out of the equation and its 8462.

For all the great football they play and how Easter Road is a fortress again, its seems the natives are not buying it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

****ing Azkaban more like. A couple of thousand wretched souls shuffling around, while the joy and happiness is sucked out of them year after year by Rod The Dementor.

alwaysthereinspirit

Again?

I was thinking the same thing. I mean it is within the realm of possibility that I was on vacation for a week and wasnt paying much attention to football and just missed it. :uhoh2:

Isn't it funny how history seems to repeat itself? We won a far more competative championship at an absolute canter but didn't say a word. When we put 10 past Cowdenbeath, Robbie never felt the need to start hyping us up, we just moved on to the next game.

They've looked good against a long line of utter mince. We would do an absolute number on them at Easter Road.

Absolutely this.   As I have said in other threads Hibs and Stubbs in particular lack humility.

For all the great football they play and how Easter Road is a fortress again, its seems the natives are not buying it.

The 2012 cup final, then their relegation, was the final straw for 3-4,000 core supporters

THEY AINT COMING BACK!

Amazing, deluded.  Feel like I hear the same things every single season about them. 

They will of course do well in the Championship without us being there.  Is that really worth boasting about?  I suppose to them, it is!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Amazing, deluded. Feel like I hear the same things every single season about them.

They will of course do well in the Championship without us being there. Is that really worth boasting about? I suppose to them, it is!

So true. Ken the best bit about this tosh? It's the simmering morons in their support who are saying they have improved on last season and are a top two Premiership side, but we are not any better than last season.

We are second in the Premiership, they are pretty much exactly where they were for much of last season in an easier Championship.

I mean FFS... can not even one of them get their head around this stuff?

:gok:

Stubbo knows it juts bolloxs but he has to trott out that line for the Dumpster/Tache PR peice to get more jakeys back to their games.

To be fair they have beaten us, Rangers, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd at ER this year. We can argue that we had nowt to play for but you can only beat what is in front of you.

However, this current run of form is once again at a 'nothing' stage of the season - there is no real pressure on them at present.

There is pressure at the start of the season to make a good start - as we did last year and Rangers have done this year - Hibs failed both times and are playing catch up even now.

There is pressure in the latter stages of the cups - we know how that normally works out for them.

There is pressure to wrap up the title / win the play-offs - we know how that normally works for them.

Bottom line - they are crowing about a run that has to this point won them ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The actual bottom line is this:

We are second in the SPFL Premiership

They are second in the SPFL Championship

We have reached our current positions from an almost identical starting position, both newly relegated teams from the Premiership to the Championship.

We have reached our current positions from an almost identical starting position, both newly relegated teams from the Premiership to the Championship.

Ah but you see, we cheated. And we had a year to prepare for the Championship.  Hibs did not want to get promoted last season (genuinely have heard this) as they wanted to build a flair team that will be ready for the Premiership.  Which they are now and the would be a very comfortable second in the Premiership.

Add to this the fact that:

We are likely to remain in the Premiership next year.

and

They are likely to remain in the Championship next year.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Ah but you see, we cheated. And we had a year to prepare for the Championship. Hibs did not want to get promoted last season (genuinely have heard this) as they wanted to build a flair team that will be ready for the Premiership. Which they are now and the would be a very comfortable second in the Premiership.

The thing is, if a Hearts supporter was coming out with such bobbins, he'd be shouted down by hundreds of embarrassed fellow fans... these dinks believe this shit????

Never ever known a fan base so adept at being given dogshit and making dogshitade.

:cornette:

Some of the love-in with Hibs on this thread :cornette:

People wanting Hibs back in the top league :cornette:  :cornette:

People wanting the return of, quote 'exciting Edinburgh derbies'.........................derbies are shite. They bring out the worst in fans because of the fear of losing. I hate losing to them. That game at Easter Road last season was horrible. They wanted my club dead, not all granted but some, and that is enough for me to wish the same. Feck them and all who sail with them.

Back on topic; fortress Stubbsy................................good one :gok:

Aye the only one that felt the need to mention it was Stubbs when he said it doesnt matter if you win 10 nil or 1 nil as long as you win.

I would love to be able to come on JKB and neither see or hear mention of them - anywhere.

That to me would be class behaviour.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I would love to be able to come on JKB and neither see or hear mention of them - anywhere.

That to me would be class behaviour.

Aye? Sounds shit to me.

He's keeping himself in the media spotlight so the celtic board don't forget about him when Ronnies job comes up in a couple of weeks.

A hibby was telling me last night they have 6 forwards and 14 midfielders. Some of the teams in that league are lucky to have 14 players available on match days never mind just midfielders so it's no surprise he's got them top of the....oh wait second in the league.

Archived