Deadline passed: who has a 2008/2009 Season ticket?

Pants Shaton

What applies to you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What applies to you?

• Had one last season - no renewal
    • Had one last season - Have one for 08/09
    • No ST last season - will buy one for 08/09
    • No ST last season - no intention of buying one now

chester copperpot
So (at the moment) you're in the category:

ST last season - not renewed.

Suppose ya smarty. ;)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have got one for next season after a forced absence this season. Couldn't be at home and know they were playing and not be there. Have got my old seat back too.

Well done young man...............

Heres hoping its a bit better than last season !!

:fing25:

Thats all we can hope for...........

:thumb:

Welcome back.

sandyseymour
I think, at this point, they've sold around 9000 - which is consistent with around 30% choosing not to renew.

In spite of what the Romanov apologists may claim - those who have not renewed are not the 2005/2006 'glory-hunters' but loyal fans who've been shafted one time too may by the Lithumaniac.

you won't be missed.....JTs could do with some new blood anyway :)

Rick Grimes
Yes i renewed because i support hearts.

baws to that. if i had the courage of my convictions i wouldn't have renewed. fair play to those still standing firm, i salute their effort.

Boab Mugabe

Renewed.

If I was able to walk away from the wage stealers' 11 I would have done, but sadly I am unable to. HMFC means too much to just walk away, no matter how gash the team is.

letsmakesomenoise

Two non renewals from this household.

Partly because I hate what the Loonie is doing to our club and a message needs to be sent, partly cos son is at Aberdeen Uni and cant make it as often as before, so we'll pay at the gate as required.

McGhee signing would probably have changed my mind though.

Think the numbers not renewing are much higher than the poll results, theres a lot of multiple non renewals just going down as one vote!

Hearty Harry

I don't know why people are questioning the supporters that haven't renewed yet. Like me, those people are making a stance. I personally have had a season ticket for 10 years with the majority of these years paying for the platinum seats. I like a few hardened hearts fans I know feel something needs to be done and the most obvious thing to do is cut the funding. If as some people on this thread have said we are 30% down on season ticket sales then Vlad will take notice. That probably equates to near enough ?1.5m that they have to cut off their budgets. The naive people on here may not think that is significant but it will have the powers that be quite concerned hence the amount of reminders sent and extention to renewal deadlines. No company likes a down trend and should pull out all the stops to reverse this. In this case it will be a decent manager with full control. Once that is in place I will renew. If not I will pay weekly. Paying blindly up front is giving Vlad the message that we are happy to roll along for another season watching and putting up with the same crap and broken promises from this regime!! People saying that if you havent renewd you aint loyal and just a glory hunter is very narrow minded - look at the bigger picture. Rant over

Pants Shaton
you won't be missed.....JTs could do with some new blood anyway :)

Sorry to disappoint you but I'll be going to all the games - just not buying a season ticket.:)

I don't know why people are questioning the supporters that haven't renewed yet. Like me, those people are making a stance. I personally have had a season ticket for 10 years with the majority of these years paying for the platinum seats. I like a few hardened hearts fans I know feel something needs to be done and the most obvious thing to do is cut the funding. If as some people on this thread have said we are 30% down on season ticket sales then Vlad will take notice. That probably equates to near enough ?1.5m that they have to cut off their budgets. The naive people on here may not think that is significant but it will have the powers that be quite concerned hence the amount of reminders sent and extention to renewal deadlines. No company likes a down trend and should pull out all the stops to reverse this. In this case it will be a decent manager with full control. Once that is in place I will renew. If not I will pay weekly. Paying blindly up front is giving Vlad the message that we are happy to roll along for another season watching and putting up with the same crap and broken promises from this regime!! People saying that if you havent renewd you aint loyal and just a glory hunter is very narrow minded - look at the bigger picture. Rant over

Spot on. He'll be especially worried if lots of us high class, cushioned seat, platinum boys aren't renewing.

Sums it up for me.

I've had a season ticket since 1982 but I'm fed up being mugged off and lied to by the regime.

When they deliver on the Jan 1st statement I'll hand my dosh over.

jambos are go!

Just went down to Tynie to see what seats were available. Gave up when I saw the size of queue. Maybe about 80 outside the store and growing.

Just went down to Tynie to see what seats were available. Gave up when I saw the size of queue. Maybe about 80 outside the store and growing.

Apparently there's a real demand for moves to seats behind pillars in the main stand.

Sums it up for me.

I've had a season ticket since 1982 but I'm fed up being mugged off and lied to by the regime.

Agreed Cat. My Dad and I have had season tickets since 1996, we renewed every season upto and including 2007/8, although to be honest I had to be talked into doing for the season past. Until a manager is appointed, we will not renew. I'd rather satisfy my conscience than renew my season ticket and condone the continued molestation of one of Scotland's greatest footballing institutions.

I think the situation can be equated to the following....if your local shop starts serving an inferior product but charges the same price, you stop going. If they want to win back your custom then they'll have to make the effort again to get the best products that they can, helped of course by appointing a good manager to run the place efficiently.

Frankly those of you who think they have some sort of moral high ground have renewed irritate me. I have no problem with people who have renewed, it's your choice, but you should at least respect those who have the courage of their conviction to try and apply some pressure to Romanov and his incompetent regime. Ultimately if the pressure applied by those who have not renewed prompts change at Hearts, it will benefit us all.

I've not renewed yet. Neither has my brother and the two lads we go along with.

I have no doubt that we will still all go to the majority of games next season because we are Hearts fans first and foremost, In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have season tickets by the time the season kicks off.

The coaching structure and selection policy at Hearts needs to be sorted out. I don't know if 25% of existing season ticket holders not renewing (as it seems to be based on numbers being banded around here) will send a message to Vlad but I'm willing to try.

The appointment of a manager given free reign to run the playing side of the club and I'll renew on the spot.

Craigieboy

I like having a ST. It's like being part of an exclusive wee club of ******s.

I hope to use it a bit more next season.

I've not renewed yet. Neither has my brother and the two lads we go along with.

I have no doubt that we will still all go to the majority of games next season because we are Hearts fans first and foremost, In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have season tickets by the time the season kicks off.

The coaching structure and selection policy at Hearts needs to be sorted out. I don't know if 25% of existing season ticket holders not renewing (as it seems to be based on numbers being banded around here) will send a message to Vlad but I'm willing to try.

The appointment of a manager given free reign to run the playing side of the club and I'll renew on the spot.

Yep, I'm looking forward to be being able to take a small piece of the credit once a new manager is brought in ;)

I think it was ridiculous that they set the date so early anyway. In the past it wasn`t until the start of July(i think) that you had to renew by.

They had to start the ball rolling early this year because of how carp we have been.

Agreed Cat. My Dad and I have had season tickets since 1996, we renewed every season upto and including 2007/8, although to be honest I had to be talked into doing for the season past. Until a manager is appointed, we will not renew. I'd rather satisfy my conscience than renew my season ticket and condone the continued molestation of one of Scotland's greatest footballing institutions.

I think the situation can be equated to the following....if your local shop starts serving an inferior product but charges the same price, you stop going. If they want to win back your custom then they'll have to make the effort again to get the best products that they can, helped of course by appointing a good manager to run the place efficiently.

Frankly those of you who think they have some sort of moral high ground have renewed irritate me. I have no problem with people who have renewed, it's your choice, but you should at least respect those who have the courage of their conviction to try and apply some pressure to Romanov and his incompetent regime. Ultimately if the pressure applied by those who have not renewed prompts change at Hearts, it will benefit us all.

Don`t expect the weak to understand your viewpoint mate. Many many passionate Hearts fans feel the same.

I think a lot are having a stand off period. There`s no way in this world i`d ever neglect my team in it`s genuine hour of need, but how anyone can stomach our club being run like a circus must be mad.

When you have the tools and set-up to really take the club forward but don`t utilise them it makes it much harder to take as a fan. Like many, i have supported the team in far worse predicaments but this scenario seems to have really had a numbing effect on many genuine passionate fans.

And they won`t commit to ST`s until they see the club being run properly. It doesn`t mean they won`t go to games, they just won`t commit cash upfront until we trust Vlad again.

I haven't renewed for the first time in 20 years, but I imagine I will if things change - by that I mean getting a manager of quality, with full control of the team, and a good product on the park.

The apathy throughout most of last season was nothing short of depressing, to the extent that I couldn't bring myself to go to the last three home games. Nothing has happened since then to convince me next season will be any different, so I choose to make what small stand I can and not renew my ST. I feel that by renewing I would be validating all the cr@p that's happened, and frankly I'd rather keep my ?350 than have it used to line the pockets of Elliot, Beslija and many others who have neither the heart nor ability to pull on a Hearts shirt.

So, if not renewing makes me a non-supporter then that's what I must be in some people's book; but I can't see how giving Romanov my cash up front with no sign of improvement, then sitting and passively taking more of the same would make me a better supporter.

winston churchill
Sums it up for me.

agreed

as a supporter for 30 years, and a season ticket holder for more than 20 years.i am in the same boat as you this time.

it straight forward,once we bring in a new manager then i'll be up knocking on the door.

tommythejambo

Going to concentrate more on playing than watching this season.

Would be hard to say if I would have renewed or not if we weren't in such a sad state of affairs.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Probably those who renewed thinking McGhee was coming and are now demanding a refund.

Who can blame them.

davemclaren
Probably those who renewed thinking McGhee was coming and are now demanding a refund.

Who can blame them.

True, some people are fickle. :P

MackaysCentreSpot
Going to concentrate more on playing than watching this season.

Which Hearts player are you?

True, some people are fickle. :P

Dave, you are clearly a committed supporter of our football club, however (sadly) you are one of those whose attitude irritates me when it comes to the subject of season ticket renewal or otherwise.

Non renewal in the current climate is anything but fickle, it is a statement of discontent with the way is being run. In my opinion if I renewed my season ticket with the current situation I would be condoning what I see as the *******isation of our football club, if that is rectified with the appointment of an autonomous first team coach/manager I will be renewing right away.

Ultimately I do not want to waste 400 pounds of my hard earned cash on watching another season of rubbish, especially when with one appointment, the situation could be so much better. If those of us who don't renew play even a small part in influencing Romanov then it will have been worth it for all of us.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Dave, you are clearly a committed supporter of our football club, however (sadly) you are one of those whose attitude irritates me when it comes to the subject of season ticket renewal or otherwise.

Non renewal in the current climate is anything but fickle, it is a statement of discontent with the way is being run. In my opinion if I renewed my season ticket with the current situation I would be condoning what I see as the *******isation of our football club, if that is rectified with the appointment of an autonomous first team coach/manager I will be renewing right away.

Ultimately I do not want to waste 400 pounds of my hard earned cash on watching another season of rubbish, especially when with one appointment, the situation could be so much better. If those of us who don't renew play even a small part in influencing Romanov then it will have been worth it for all of us.

Whereas I share your views on the nature of Dave's wait-and-see-it-might-not-be-a-big-iceberg type decisiveness, I think he was being a bit ironic...

always a jambo

Renewed a while ago. Couldn't imagine not watching Hearts next season.

I fully understand why some people aren't or are holding off buying just now but its not my way.

The Baldmans Comb

Not renewing was the easiest decision I have made this year as I am able to retain my self respect and at the same time send a message to the present club custodians that I believe them to be incompetent liars.

I will walk up each week and pay on my own terms and not feel as if I am bankrolling a discredited regime.

Fair play to anyone who has renewed as that is their business but my self respect is far more important to me than glibbly handing over ?400 to such awful people.

davemclaren
Whereas I share your views on the nature of Dave's wait-and-see-it-might-not-be-a-big-iceberg type decisiveness, I think he was being a bit ironic...

I was indeed being ironic. We clearly disagree on whether to renew or not. When to take action, or not, is a personal decision and I don't see my decision as being indecisive. ;)

Hans von Luck
agreed

as a supporter for 30 years, and a season ticket holder for more than 20 years.i am in the same boat as you this time.

it straight forward,once we bring in a new manager then i'll be up knocking on the door.

Cummon Jerry I have known you for the same ammount of time, you also are like NT I know that you will be there next season, go on you want one, part with the cash. ;)

davemclaren

I answered your specific point re my earlier post above.

Regarding seeing renewal as condoning what VR is doing I'm afraid I disagree. My renewal in 1981 certainly didn't represent me condoning relegation or the Hearts board at that time. :cool:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I answered your specific point re my earlier post above.

Regarding seeing renewal as condoning what VR is doing I'm afraid I disagree. My renewal in 1981 certainly didn't represent me condoning relegation or the Hearts board at that time. :cool:

I still can't accept how you cannot differentiate between 1981 and now.

In 1981 the Club nearly went to the wall and EVERY penny was required. If I was around then I would not have hesitated to renew, just as I did when Pieman was leading us to near ruin.

In the present "crisis", a stance was required from a sizeable number of supporters to show their disenchantment with how a foreign owner with NO ties of emotion whatsoever, however nefarious, was almost deliberately sabotaging the Club's chances of success on the pitch and with a near ?40m debt attached.

I think you are a real head in the sand type Dave. Sorry but if the chips were down, I just could not look to you for support.

davemclaren
I still can't accept how you cannot differentiate between 1981 and now.

In 1981 the Club nearly went to the wall and EVERY penny was required. If I was around then I would not have hesitated to renew, just as I did when Pieman was leading us to near ruin.

In the present "crisis", a stance was required from a sizeable number of supporters to show their disenchantment with how a foreign owner with NO ties of emotion whatsoever, however nefarious, was almost deliberately sabotaging the Club's chances of success on the pitch and with a near ?40m debt attached.

I think you are a real head in the sand type Dave. Sorry but if the chips were down, I just could not look to you for support.

Lucky you don't need to then. :rolleyes:

Lucky you don't need to then. :rolleyes:

If every fan had an attitude like yours Dave, I would geniunely fear for the future of the club. You are coming across as spineless, willing to suffer whatever crap is served up to with barely a whimper, just because you have some mis-guided sense that failing to renew is disloyal.

It is time for Hearts supporters to act like consumers, if you don't like the product, stop buying it. Force the owners to actually make an effort to make the product more attractive in our to attract and retain our custom.

davemclaren
If every fan had an attitude like yours Dave, I would geniunely fear for the future of the club. You are coming across as spineless, willing to suffer whatever crap is served up to with barely a whimper, just because you have some mis-guided sense that failing to renew is disloyal.

It is time for Hearts supporters to act like consumers, if you don't like the product, stop buying it. Force the owners to actually make an effort to make the product more attractive in our to attract and retain our custom.

Thanks for the holier than thou response which I expected.

You seem to imply that most fans must have an attitude like mine as most seem to have renewed their season tickets. As I've said on many occasions I do not believe the time is right yet for any protests. I still think there is some hope that the only show in town will change his strategy and start to improve things, the main thing being the appointment of a decent manager with an acceptable level of control. Now I'm sure you'll claim, assuming it does happen, that you and the others who didn't renew were responsible for that but I'm not convinced it wouldn't have happened anyway.

You can think I'm spineless if you wish but I'll base my decisions on what I believe to be right for both me and the club. I wasn't spineless enough to contemplate moving to Murrayfield by the way, despite the views of the majority of fans. :rolleyes:

grumpyjambo

You seem to imply that most fans must have an attitude like mine as most seem to have renewed their season tickets. As I've said on many occasions I do not believe the time is right yet for any protests. I still think there is some hope that the only show in town will change his strategy and start to improve things, the main thing being the appointment of a decent manager with an acceptable level of control. Now I'm sure you'll claim, assuming it does happen, that you and the others who didn't renew were responsible for that but I'm not convinced it wouldn't have happened anyway.

You can think I'm spineless if you wish but I'll base my decisions on what I believe to be right for both me and the club. I wasn't spineless enough to contemplate moving to Murrayfield by the way, despite the views of the majority of fans. :rolleyes:

Well said that man!!!!!! According to the Jan 1st statement we are getting a new manager anyway.

jambos are go!

Spot on. The boycotters are getting desperate IMO and will be claiming any crumbs they can. As I've said before lets see how many STs are sold by the end of July before saying the fat lady has sung.

Pants Shaton
Spot on. The boycotters are getting desperate IMO and will be claiming any crumbs they can. As I've said before lets see how many STs are sold by the end of July before saying the fat lady has sung.

Desperate for what?

The only thing I'm desperate for is the bullsh*t to stop. For Vlad to come good on his January 1st promise.

Then I and, if this poll is roughly representative, the other 4000 non renewers will buy a ST.

Will the 'boycotters' take any credit? I don't know. I do believe that if 13,500 season tickets had been snapped up automatically what incentive would that have offered Vlad to change his ways?

Do you know why people were standing in the queue?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I just wish the ST debate would stop being factionalised.

As I've said before, out here my only spend will be on Hearts World and club merchandise. I'm prepared to stop that if I have to. That's my choice because I feel like a consumer rather than part of the club.

jambos are go!
Do you know why people were standing in the queue?

When I joined the queue people everybody was trying to change seats as far as i was aware.

jambos are go!
Desperate for what?

The only thing I'm desperate for is the bullsh*t to stop. For Vlad to come good on his January 1st promise.

Then I and, if this poll is roughly representative, the other 4000 non renewers will buy a ST.

Will the 'boycotters' take any credit? I don't know. I do believe that if 13,500 season tickets had been snapped up automatically what incentive would that have offered Vlad to change his ways?

Desperate that the level of sales will not leave them with egg on their face.

Pants Shaton
Desperate that the level of sales will not leave them with egg on their face.

There's no danger of that. Around 9k sold now.

Appoint a manager - probably 11k+.

Everybody wins.

I just wish the ST debate would stop being factionalised.

Indeed Geoff, it's childish and boring. Those who have renewed aren't 'destroying the club' neither are those who don't renew 'johnny-come-lately, glory-hunting, part-time Hobos'. Everyone's just doing what they think is right for them. You do have to take your hat off to Vlad for splitting the support so thoroughly though - it was never so factionalised under Mercer or Robinson.

I'll renew if we appoint a credible, autonomous manager, not before. Otherwise I'll pay at the gate, as I did in the late 80s/early 90s in the occasional years I didn't have an ST. It's the only way I feel I can make a stand. I'm no worse or better a fan than anyone else on this board for doing so, just as I wasn't any better or worse in the many years I've had an ST. I understand why those who renewed straight away did so, just as I understand why many regulars haven't.

I'm glad that a sizeable minority haven't renewed though as it looks like a significant enough number to get the message across, while still providing a large enough amount of upfront cash. A good balance I think. Although it'll be a bit of a waste if Fast Eddie's in charge for the opeing game. Then we're well and truly donald ducked.:wacko:

Desperate for what?

Exactly Gman. I`m going against all i believe in and i can tell you it`s hard. But i firmly believe it`s for the best.

I never thought the day would come where i had doubts about whether i should go and watch Hearts or buy a season ticket.

Anyway, the ST issue isn`t what it`s all about. I`ve went to very home game paying through the gate in the past. I`ts about maintaining the great support Hearts have had over the last two years.

I count myself as one of the hardcore who go no matter what, when corwds of 11, 12k were the norm pre Romanov. But like many regular Hearts fans i can`t stomach the way our club is being run on the football side. I could accept it more(and accept isn`t maybe the right word) if our club was run traditionally and failed, but we are being taken for mugs and there has to be a stand off time to let our feelings be known.

awadooningorgie2

For those not renewing, it may be a good idea to make sure Campbell Ogilvie receives an e-mail or letter explaining your situation. The reason for non-renewal and what it will take for a change of heart.

Make sure the protest is not just silent.

For me, I guess there are three main issues:

- Appoint a competent manager

- Let this manager build a squad, structure the footballing side of the business, pick the team etc.

- I want to know what we spent ?3.8 million player registrations on.

I intend to write to CO end of June of things are not sorted.

Archived