Deadline passed: who has a 2008/2009 Season ticket?

Pants Shaton

What applies to you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What applies to you?

• Had one last season - no renewal
    • Had one last season - Have one for 08/09
    • No ST last season - will buy one for 08/09
    • No ST last season - no intention of buying one now

Pants Shaton

With the deadline for renewals past who parted with their cash?

I haven't yet - but a proper manager will change that.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Not me and every (former) season ticket holder I know.

Still waiting for a manager. Then I will decide. Dont care about changing seats. That is never an issue.

Over to you Vlad...

Renewed at 15:00 today.

Told myself I wasn't going to but in my heart, there was never any doubt.

Don't agree with everything that's happening but it's Hearts I support, not the owner or chairman etc.

Pants Shaton
You should really make these polls public or whats the point. :confused:

Surely the numbers are more important than the individuals?

Some members will lie to suit their point of view if the poll is not public so you don't get a true reflection of the board IMO. yes it is that petty on here. :)

Not me and every (former) season ticket holder I know.

Still waiting for a manager. Then I will decide. Dont care about changing seats. That is never an issue.

Over to you Vlad...

In many ways it's a sad day for me but I'm of exactly the same mind. I refuse to blink first.

I have voted for "Didnt have one last season - no intention of buying new one", this is because of a lack of the option "if things go back to normal at Hearts then I will buy one", which basically sums up my feelings at this present time.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
In many ways it's a sad day for me but I'm of exactly the same mind. I refuse to blink first.

I have to say it feels strange knowing I am no longer a season-ticket holder.

I think I am in the majority of how Hearts fans truly feel though. I trust anecdotal evidence of my own rather than anything I see in the media, produced by HMFC or this forum.

With the deadline for renewals past who parted with their cash?

I haven't yet - but a proper manager will change that.

Ditto, but you haven't provided this as an option....

Ach, who am i kidding?

I'll be getting a ST. What else will I do with my Saturday afternoons??

There's two seats up the back of Section C that haven't been sold yet.

A proper manager being appointed would see the same old arses occupying them next season.

Sick of being mugged off by that idiot.

hughesie27

For the first year in 4 or 5 years I won't be renewing. Down to both money and the fact we play crap now. More the latter since if I did have the money, it would end up being wasted on the ST.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Not me.

I'm a Johnny cum lately, part-timer, not a real fan, wasn't around in the 70's, hat kicking Hobo.

shaun.lawson
I have to say it feels strange knowing I am no longer a season-ticket holder.

I think I am in the majority of how Hearts fans truly feel though. I trust anecdotal evidence of my own rather than anything I see in the media, produced by HMFC or this forum.

I doubt you're in the majority FJ: it's drip, drip, drip. A swathe of last season's ST holders won't be renewing - though whether it's more than 20-30%, I highly doubt.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Not if people want to go down the real fan route!;)

Pants Shaton
Not me.

I'm a Johnny cum lately, part-timer, not a real fan, wasn't around in the 70's, hat kicking Hobo.

Photo of AP outside the ticket office today:

56120101.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6E6A913060D1D90DF36CF19420219AD79

Pants Shaton
I doubt you're in the majority FJ: it's drip, drip, drip. A swathe of last season's ST holders won't be renewing - though whether it's more than 20-30%, I highly doubt.

I think, at this point, they've sold around 9000 - which is consistent with around 30% choosing not to renew.

In spite of what the Romanov apologists may claim - those who have not renewed are not the 2005/2006 'glory-hunters' but loyal fans who've been shafted one time too may by the Lithumaniac.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Probably around 6-7000 who would renew regardless.

Nearly half last seasons total.

The so called waiting list of 4500 - where did that go?

I think far more than 20-30% are not renewing.

Nucky Thompson
I think, at this point, they've sold around 9000 - which is consistent with around 30% choosing not to renew.

In spite of what the Romanov apologists may claim - those who have not renewed are not the 2005/2006 'glory-hunters' but loyal fans who've been shafted one time too may by the Lithumaniac.

What were the comparisons for uptake at the same stage in 2005/2006?

Commander Harris

I'm with SL and Gman here. Think that the poll is probably quite representative, that would give about 9000 renewals which would be in keeping with the 7000 figure announced previously which in turn was in keeping with a previous poll.

I'm hoping there might be something on the website about the number of renewals so we can stop speculating and discuss the actual figures - but I won't be holding my breath.

Imeantasong
Probably around 6-7000 who would renew regardless.

Nearly half last seasons total.

The so called waiting list of 4500 - where did that go?

I think far more than 20-30% are not renewing.

To be fair, you won't know that until general sales begin, as no-one on any waiting list (real or imaginary) will have been allowed to buy one as yet..

I think they will have mostly vapourised though.

what else am I meant to do on a Saturday afternoon? Got mine yesterday

so your saying you need a season ticket to watch hearts........

i don't think so.

I'm with SL and Gman here. Think that the poll is probably quite representative, that would give about 9000 renewals which would be in keeping with the 7000 figure announced previously which in turn was in keeping with a previous poll.

I'm hoping there might be something on the website about the number of renewals so we can stop speculating and discuss the actual figures - but I won't be holding my breath.

9000 Renewals at this point is pretty good considering all the negativaty surrounding our club. A new manager and a couple of decent signings and all the truants will be back in class by the end of July.:)

Yes i renewed because i support hearts.

so what.....i didn't renew and i support hearts.

Nucky Thompson
so what.....i didn't renew and i support hearts.
Will you renew if we get a decent manager? After you have pulled the head of it, of course:)

I have voted for "Didnt have one last season - no intention of buying new one", this is because of a lack of the option "if things go back to normal at Hearts then I will buy one", which basically sums up my feelings at this present time.

Same here, didn't vote for lack of options, remember, some of the people who do these polls only put the options that suit them, my vote would be as a season ticket holder for the last 20 years, - didn't re-new this season, not happy with how things are going, will re-new 2009/10.

I bought mine last deadline day; I totally support those who do not renew their tickets until a proper manager is appointed.

My heart ruled my head, I was adamant I was not going to renew unless there was a manager in place who could take HMFC forward.

If the promised manager does not arrive I will raffle my two tickets!!!

I don't think I could suffer another season watching that utter garbage.

Pants Shaton
Same here, didn't vote for lack of options, remember, some of the people who do these polls only put the options that suit them, my vote would be as a season ticket holder for the last 20 years, - didn't re-new this season, not happy with how things are going, will re-new 2009/10.

I don't have an agenda. There cannot be any more than the options I have provided - it's a yes or no question.

This is simply a poll to assess the current state of play i.e. how many people did not renew.

It doesn't demand a reason.

Now the deadline has passed another poll (probably one which exists off the front page) can determine how many non-renewers will renew when/if a decent manager is appointed.

Broxburn_Jambo

I renewed this afternoon, waited until the last possible moment in order to apply the maximum pressure on the club. They at least tried for a manager though and I quite like where I sit!

vladtheexhaler

So you had one last season but haven't renewed. Would the 'Had one last season - no renewal ' option not have been the fellow to go for?

Wasn't going to renew but when it came down to it I just couldn't help myself. Renewed my own and my oldest daughters ST's this morning.

Mrs G has decided not to renew though - not a protest, just the realities of a young family and aging parents (babysitters) with poor health.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Photo of AP outside the ticket office today:

56120101.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6E6A913060D1D90DF36CF19420219AD79

If only more of his had Chinas opinion back then maybe things would be different!

the-tackle

yip cant help myself tryed other things but nothing still comes close to watching the hearts just keep hopeing this daft mob get it right so roll on the new season:107years:

Pants Shaton
If only more of his had Chinas opinion back then maybe things would be different!

I think his opinion at that point was 'Paedo...Bad...China...Sad'

Archived