Deadline passed: who has a 2008/2009 Season ticket?

Pants Shaton

What applies to you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What applies to you?

• Had one last season - no renewal
    • Had one last season - Have one for 08/09
    • No ST last season - will buy one for 08/09
    • No ST last season - no intention of buying one now

Nucky Thompson
I don't have an agenda. There cannot be any more than the options I have provided - it's a yes or no question.

This is simply a poll to assess the current state of play i.e. how many people did not renew.

It doesn't demand a reason.

Now the deadline has passed another poll (probably one which exists off the front page) can determine how many non-renewers will renew when/if a decent manager is appointed.

You should have made it public:rolleyes:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nucky Thompson
If only more of his had Chinas opinion back then maybe things would be different!
Are you trying to suggest Vlad would have changed his tune if we had 10 chinas booting hats about McLeod St:)

With the deadline for renewals past who parted with their cash?

I haven't yet - but a proper manager will change that.

Same for me. Spot on - proper being operative word and clarity that he will pick the team/tactics etc.. i.e. NO intereference please please Vlad.!

If the poll is replicated in actual season ticket sales - we should have about 10,000 season ticket holder. How does that compare with the last season under the Pieman?

I've got a feeling that this might just be a big season for us - and I wonder if there will be a few folk saying "|wish I had.........."

I would honestly feel lost on a Saturday without one.

I really hate not attending, even away games. It's ok if it's on the tele but I can't listen to games on the radio or watch the vidiprinters. It's just nowhere near the same and just as frustrating.

jambos are go!
Still no manager so still no renewal.

Tick tock tick tock.

Does this poll mean only 154 have renewed?

Charlie-Brown

All the polls thus far & they seem to be approx 1 per week show that the renewal rate is somewhere between 60%-70% .... so we can assume that if these polls are representative then ST sales are somewhere in the region of 8100-9450.

Gimme an H...
All the polls thus far & they seem to be approx 1 per week show that the renewal rate is somewhere between 60%-70% .... so we can assume that if these polls are representative then ST sales are somewhere in the region of 8100-9450.

What percentage does JKB represent of Hearts fans like?

We're breaking all records at the moment. 16000 sold so far. That's what Charlie Mann and Pedro Lopez are advising the nutjob.

Charlie-Brown
What percentage does JKB represent of Hearts fans like?

Good question! :) Do you think JKB is more or less representative?

Renewed mine a while ago. Understand why plenty haven't.

Wouldn't know what to do with my weekends without the footie though.

Pants Shaton

And also pointless until the deadline had passed.

Hooray for me.

There was never any doubt. I have supported them through worse than this. Things will get better. I am an optimist (I hope)

Commander Harris

Hooray for me.

my poll wasn't pointless either! :) twas to see if JKB opinion matched the then announced figure of 7000. It seemed to.

Renewed............

" Though we sometimes go down we can aye go back up "

:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

Protests.........pah !!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Hooray for me.

I trust what I see and hear at work, and from other Jambos I know.

They ALL fall into two categories:

1) They WILL not renew until a manager comes in.

2) They will NOT renew regardless of a new manager until they see how it pans out.

I work in a very large organisation in Edinburgh and I trust what I have heard.

Do you think JKB is more or less representative?

More or less. :biggrin:

I renewed STs for myself and my happy dude today.

Charlie-Brown

I think 6 out of 10 Jambo's have already renewed...maybe closer to 7 from 10?

Pants Shaton

2) They will NOT renew regardless of a new manager until they see how it pans out.

You MUST know some Jambos who fall into category three:

3) Season ticket no matter what.

Everyone else does.

Can I point out to all those people saying 'I don't know what else I'd do on a Saturday' that I will be going to Tynecastle - I'm just not willing to pay for every game in advance and validate the nutjob who 'runs' our club.

Charlie-Brown

At the end of the day (ST renewed or not) Hearts is our team - that is who we believe in!

jambos are go!

I prefer to wait till the end of July before passing judgement but 'nobody' is renewing at your work. Sorry but that beggars belief unless you only know folk of your own ilk through some form of personal vetting.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
You MUST know some Jambos who fall into category three:

3) Season ticket no matter what.

Everyone else does.

Can I point out to all those people saying 'I don't know what else I'd do on a Saturday' that I will be going to Tynecastle - I'm just not willing to pay for every game in advance and validate the nutjob who 'runs' our club.

Yes.

I know one who is a pal and is the most anti-Vlad type you could ever meet but falls into the category of near obsessive and takes his two small kids with him to Tynie.

I know one guy only at work who has renewed but he is pretty sheepish about it.

I know a guy who has a relative who works at the club who has not renewed.

I might point out that all these guys at work are pretty affluent and have followed Hearts for years and spent a lot of money and time on them. They are not glory hunters and a couple of them have even shocked me by saying they have not renewed.

I would say that only about 20% of guys I personally know of have renewed.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I prefer to wait till the end of July before passing judgement but 'nobody' is renewing at your work. Sorry but that beggars belief unless you only know folk of your own ilk through some form of personal vetting.

These guys MAY renew if a manager comes in.

It might beggar belief to you because it does not fit into your views but for me it is reality. I know only ONE who has renewed and he actually kept pretty quiet about it until he was asked.

Commander Harris

on the other hand I don't know anyone that hasn't renewed! That doesn't tell me much though as I don't expect that to be representative of anything.

Charlie-Brown
These guys MAY renew if a manager comes in.

It might beggar belief to you because it does not fit into your views but for me it is reality. I know only ONE who has renewed and he actually kept pretty quiet about it until he was asked.

Do you think that the last reported 7K renewals are untrue FWJ? (even discounting later thread of 10K renewals today?)......

Rightly or wrongly most football fans are very habitual and many are eternally hopeful whether this is well place or misplaced optimism only the future knows.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
on the other hand I know no one that hasn't renewed! That doesn't tell me much though as I don't expect that to be representative of anything.

I believe you can only go by things that you personally know anecdotally.

Numbers are probably well down at Pieman era numbers.

But only AT THE MOMENT.

A new manager acceptable to most, will increase numbers but maybe only incrementally. So many people are fecked off that they just don't trust Vlad anymore and to me that is a major obstacle.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Do you think that the last reported 7K renewals are untrue FWJ? (even discounting later thread of 10K renewals today?)......

Rightly or wrongly most football fans are very habitual and many are eternally hopeful whether this is well place or misplaced optimism only the future knows.

All I know is that NO ONE I know renewed today.

I trust that as an indicator. I might add, that I and another JKBer I work beside are the only two Jambos who look at JKB that I know. So I do not take the polls on Kickback as that accurate.

I think AT THE MOMENT there are at most 7500-8000, maybe even less than that.

Charlie-Brown
All I know is that NO ONE I know renewed today.

I trust that as an indicator. I might add, that I and another JKBer I work beside are the only two Jambos who look at JKB that I know. So I do not take the polls on Kickback as that accurate.

I think AT THE MOMENT there are at most 7500-8000, maybe even less than that.

I renewed today and so did nelly terraces .... even though our views are markedly different.....i'd estimate that the 7k previous was quite accurate and that ST sales are now between 8K & 9.5K which would accord with a 60%-70% renewal rate that several JKB polls have shown...now it might be the same people voting on ever poll however when commander harris had his renewal poll on the day of the (discounted) ST's the yes / no split would appromiate that 7K was reasonably accurate at that time ...current polls still suggest a similar percentage so i reckon between 8K & 10K is highly likely,,,

Commander Harris

But only AT THE MOMENT.

A new manager acceptable to most, will increase numbers but maybe only incrementally. So many people are fecked off that they just don't trust Vlad anymore and to me that is a major obstacle.

I understand what you are saying but it would be foolish of me to draw conclusions about the whole hearts support based on my small circle of friends and aquintances that happen to be season ticket holders. Surely a broader pool of season ticket holders is going to give me a better indication?

Spellczech

But only AT THE MOMENT.

Tell me one thing... What do you genuinely think you?ll gain by not renewing? Will Vlad pump more money into Hearts in the knowledge that the rest of us won?t? Not likely. My ST costs 338 quid but for me it is VFM regardless of whether I go to all matches or only 80%. Towards the end of last season I missed the DUFC game due to holiday and the Killie, St Mirren and Gretna games because I just couldn?t be bothered. It didn?t stop me renewing though...

I support a club and I know that some of the players are undeserving of their salaries but I also know that there is no leadership at the club. I wanted to wait until a manager was appointed but TBH I decided on 5th May that I would give my support in the hope, once more, that things would come good. Sure it is heart ruling head but that is what football is all about.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I understand what you are saying but it would be foolish of me to draw conclusions about the whole hearts support based on my small circle of friends and aquintances that happen to be season ticket holders. Surely a broader pool of season ticket holders is going to give me a better indication?

Well, as a cross section of the Hearts support, I could easily fit these guys into several brackets: the obsessive, the long term season ticket holder, the affluent that spends a fortune including corporate hospitality, guys who never miss a home game, guys who go on Euro trips, and guys like me who have problems finding childcare in order to get to games so it is a major effort at times to go but always do etc. The percentage of non-renewers to renewers is very high.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Tell me one thing... What do you genuinely think you?ll gain by not renewing? Will Vlad pump more money into Hearts in the knowledge that the rest of us won?t? Not likely. My ST costs 338 quid but for me it is VFM regardless of whether I go to all matches or only 80%. Towards the end of last season I missed the DUFC game due to holiday and the Killie, St Mirren and Gretna games because I just couldn?t be bothered. It didn?t stop me renewing though...

I support a club and I know that some of the players are undeserving of their salaries but I also know that there is no leadership at the club. I wanted to wait until a manager was appointed but TBH I decided on 5th May that I would give my support in the hope, once more, that things would come good. Sure it is heart ruling head but that is what football is all about.

A Spelly my old friend...

You might well ask what any "Stand" is worth. Can you define it? I can't. Except, if a guy like myself finds that this night he is no longer a season-ticket holder after so many years, YOU should be asking WHY? Not asking what is it all worth. But really, I can NOT and WILL never equate season ticket holding as a sign of true support for a club. The ticket is a mere convenience and nothing more. But I know that it is virtually the only peaceful type of protest that I can get involved in AT THE MOMENT that may have some chance of gaining some kind of concession. It is pitiful that someone like you is even asking this question instead of asking the REAL question: What has driven supporters to this position?

I feel a bit lost today over this, that something is missing. I don't need anyone telling me on a forum (by the way all my Jambo pals are of the same mindset) what a true Hearts fan is. I know it. 39 years of it. Around a 100 years plus of Heart of Midlothian being in my family and involved with my family also, actually wearing the shirt. Hearts supporting relatives in the Royal Scots in WW1. Its not that difficult to understand. Its called pride.

Pants Shaton
What do you genuinely think you?ll gain by not renewing?

Probably nothing but 13,500 to 9,000 sends out an unequivocal message to the owner:

Stop ****ing about, appoint a manager and leave him alone.

None of us believed his rantings about European Cups and crushing the OF but we are entitled to, at very least, challenge for 3rd place. It's remarkable that so many of us kept the faith, more in hope than expectation, last season. Time now for him to repay that support.

winston churchill

[QUOTE=GMAN;294821]Probably nothing but 13,500 to 9,000 sends out an unequivocal message to the owner:

Stop ****ing about, appoint a manager and leave him alone.

None of us believed his rantings about European Cups and crushing the OF but we are entitled to, at very least, challenge for 3rd place. It's remarkable that so many of us kept the faith, more in hope than expectation, last season. Time now for him to repay that support.

agreed.

A Spelly my old friend...

You might well ask what any "Stand" is worth. Can you define it? I can't. Except, if a guy like myself finds that this night he is no longer a season-ticket holder after so many years, YOU should be asking WHY? Not asking what is it all worth. But really, I can NOT and WILL never equate season ticket holding as a sign of true support for a club. The ticket is a mere convenience and nothing more. But I know that it is virtually the only peaceful type of protest that I can get involved in AT THE MOMENT that may have some chance of gaining some kind of concession. It is pitiful that someone like you is even asking this question instead of asking the REAL question: What has driven supporters to this position?

I feel a bit lost today over this, that something is missing. I don't need anyone telling me on a forum (by the way all my Jambo pals are of the same mindset) what a true Hearts fan is. I know it. 39 years of it. Around a 100 years plus of Heart of Midlothian being in my family and involved with my family also, actually wearing the shirt. Hearts supporting relatives in the Royal Scots in WW1. Its not that difficult to understand. Its called pride.

FJ if you have been around as long as you say you must surely have seen worse.......

TBH ... I think some people are just infulenced by the moaning minnies on here.

Things are not great but hey its our team.

Hearts are not Vlad.

I have been going as long as you if not longer.FFS i never thought i would ever see them win anythig.

Never stopped me supporting my team though.

:fing25:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
FJ if you have been around as long as you say you must surely have seen worse.......

TBH ... I think some people are just infulenced by the moaning minnies on here.

Things are not great but hey its our team.

Hearts are not Vlad.

I have been going as long as you if not longer.FFS i never thought i would ever see them win anythig.

Never stopped me supporting my team though.

:fing25:

Of course I have seen bad times.

The 1977 relegation. No one believed it could happen it did.

1981 nearly going to the wall.

The Pieman. The board voting to sell Tynie. Awful.

My Dad personally felt the Willie Bauld testimonial to be the most shameful event he had ever known.

Right now there is a disconnection. I am not going to go through it all again. Its tiresome.

Shame and embarassment. Humiliation. Not caused by mere poor team performace on the park, but the dragging through the mud the name of Heart of Midlothian. Christ, I deal with guys in England in my job and they LAUGH at Hearts. These are Arsenal and Spurs fans amongst others. What are Hearts to them? A joke. Heart of Midlothian a club with probably the most romantic history in world football. A club that was supreme when all these English feckers were nothing. Absolute learners when Bobby Walker was the worlds first superstar.

I dont like Hearts being a laughing stock. A pish team I can suffer but not a butt of jokes.

winston churchill

My Dad personally felt the Willie Bauld testimonial to be the most shameful event he had ever known.

Right now there is a disconnection. I am not going to go through it all again. Its tiresome.

Shame and embarassment. Humiliation. Not caused by mere poor team performace on the park, but the dragging through the mud the name of Heart of Midlothian. Christ, I deal with guys in England in my job and they LAUGH at Hearts. These are Arsenal and Spurs fans amongst others. What are Hearts to them? A joke. Heart of Midlothian a club with probably the most romantic history in world football. A club that was supreme when all these English feckers were nothing. Absolute learners when Bobby Walker was the worlds first superstar.

I dont like Hearts being a laughing stock. A pish team I can suffer but not a butt of jokes.

my dad once told me,he had to pay for his own ball:mad:

Francis Albert

For a large part of their history, from around 1906 to the mid 50's, Hearts were something of a music hall joke. I guess fans had more to worry about back then.

chester copperpot

I aint in none of the categories. Aint renewed, but will, just not got my erse down to the TO as been a bit busy at work (hence the rather quiet week for me on KB).

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
For a large part of their history, from around 1906 to the mid 50's, Hearts were something of a music hall joke. I guess fans had more to worry about back then.

They were affectionate types of humor.

Right now we are HATED.

That is the difference.

LOL !!

I get it now...............

Embarressed FFS.

So it was not more embarressing getting relegated .

I dont give a sh*te how the scottish/weegie/english media talk about us.

Makes the good times all the sweeter.

:cool

Yea i renewed but fully understand the people that did'nt,because if we end up watching the same crap as last season this will defo be my last season ticket

Pants Shaton
I aint in none of the categories. Aint renewed, but will, just not got my erse down to the TO as been a bit busy at work (hence the rather quiet week for me on KB).

So (at the moment) you're in the category:

ST last season - not renewed.

Francis Albert
They were affectionate types of humor.

Right now we are HATED.

That is the difference.

Hated? I wish we were. That would mean we were some kind of a threat.

Who exactly hates us? Certainly none of the fans of English clubs you refer to.

Imeantasong

That's it basically.

It amazes me that, after all the discussions on this board and elsewhere, some people can't get to grips with the fact it isn't our being rubbish that's the issue, it's the reason why we are rubbish that appalls a lot of supporters.

So much so that they believe not renewing is more beneficial than renewing. Or, they just don't want to feel conned all over again..

Football fans everywhere get treated like second class customers by their clubs, but it isn't funny being a joke when you can't really argue back (I'm sick trying).

The reputation of the club matters and it has been treated with disrespect.

I renewed before the deadline when I seriously thought I wouldn't. That's the draw a football club can have on long-term supporter.

But I respect any supporter not renewing this year unless the running of the club improves.

They may very well be doing the best thing, I don't know. It's at least easy to understand why you take this stance.

Legend Claws

I have got one for next season after a forced absence this season. Couldn't be at home and know they were playing and not be there. Have got my old seat back too.

Archived