Torrent sites etc

Praha06

Anyone recommend their favourites? I generally have no problem with them and find them the most effective way of downloading large content but just wanted to get an idea of other people's choices. Just to see if I'm missing out on any hidden gems!

:)

Say What Again

The Pirate Bay has the largest torrent site users of them all - it just went past 12,000,000.

With that amount of users, it's always worth a check.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Anyone got the double episode finale of Lost?

Mines is going slow.

Im getting it now. reports of very slow speeds, its quite new tho so bear with it.

Anyone got the double episode finale of Lost?

Mines is going slow.

Downloaded it from warez in just under 15 minutes.

PortyJambo

Mininova for me, had virus problems with torrents from others and Mininova has been ok...so far.

Im getting it now. reports of very slow speeds, its quite new tho so bear with it.

I'm at 7% with an ETA of 15 hours :(

It should pick up when the yanks come online.

What I am looking for is to download exact copies of DVDs so I can create an exact replica on a DVD-R disc, including all the dvd features like subtitles etc, as if it was the original DVD itself.

Guest S.U.S.S.
What I am looking for is to download exact copies of DVDs so I can create an exact replica on a DVD-R disc, including all the dvd features like subtitles etc, as if it was the original DVD itself.

You want the disc image, probably get them if you root around.

oooer!;)

Lost seriously is the best show on the box.

Fantastic viewing.

T'was epic wasn't it.

Another problem I have just encountered is thus: I converted a couple of AVI files to DVD files (vob etc) and then went to play them but the screen is all grey and grainy, this has happened before - is it cos I am using the wrong sort of blank DVD discs? (I use DVD-R discs).

What is the best program to burn actual ISO files (the big 4gb ones) onto disc with and also which format of blank dvds should I be using?

Thanks for any help people.

bobthejambo

i use torrentz.com its a torrent search engine

so it searchs lots of sites like piratebay,mininova and lots more

its well good

BoJack Horseman

Don't use torrents, never have. Used to use p2p but my uni didn't let me so I started using filehosting sites. Mainly Rapidshare.com. The speeds are fantastic, you don't have to worry about people being online to get it from, most things you'll get through torrents you can get through that. Granted, I pay a fiver a month for the pleasure. Definitely worth it.

Got the season finale of lost today in about 20 minutes, that's with pretty slow internet. It was magic.

dodethejambo
I use piratebay, demonoid and isohunt

Puretna

Very good site (so im told *cough*)

I use -

btjunkie

isohunt

Demonoid

torrentleech

Disco Dave

What you need to do is forget about torrents altogether. Get yourself onto newsgroups -It basically downloads at as fast as your internet connection allows and your isp cant throttle your speed so there's no restrictions.

You'll never look back once you change.

I can 100% recommend giganews as a suitable source and newsleecher as your client. You need to pay a small fee each month for the privalage but its totally worth it.

BoJack Horseman
What you need to do is forget about torrents altogether. Get yourself onto newsgroups -It basically downloads at as fast as your internet connection allows and your isp cant throttle your speed so there's no restrictions.

You'll never look back once you change.

I can 100% recommend giganews as a suitable source and newsleecher as your client. You need to pay a small fee each month for the privalage but its totally worth it.

That's essentially what I do. If you watch a lot of american shows or a lot films it's totally worth the price. Not to mention music etc. Full speed downloads, no restrictions.

I have just signed up with Giganews and Newsleecher and I doubt I will ever look back. So fast!

:)

I'm on a capped download limit just now with pretty scary charges for going over so I'm steering clear of torrents for a while but usually I always go for mininova. Once you've been using them a while, you get to recognise the uploaders whose files tend to be good quality and virus free etc...[eztv] for example is really good for tv shows.

Archived