Well done N.I.

GorgieB

Congratulations to N.I. on tonight's result. I know a few Irish based Hearts fans were at the game - Enjoy ur night!

Malinga the Swinga

Hope they lose every game they play for the next 20 years. A more bigoted support you would be hard pressed to find.

?? Why are you going all religious / political on this?

Small nation, limited player resources - think they have done remarkably well in the circumstances

Malinga the Swinga

?? Why are you going all religious / political on this?

Small nation, limited player resources - think they have done remarkably well in the circumstances

To clarify, I also hate the Republic and their support, Wales and their support and England and their support. The Republic and their Celtic loving friends, Northern Ireland, the country whose supporters ran their captain out of the country and who will no doubt have the Rangers support, Wales who have the slimiest manager in world football and England, good old England who will be laughing their backsides at us, and rightfully so.

A fine demonstration that shows it is not about the quality you have in the team but finding a team that can work as an effective cohesive unit.

My late father hailed from Belfast (and was not a bigot by the way) so I'm pleased to see them qualify.

A lot has been made of Wales, mainly because of Bale but, if they do qualify, I reckon that N Ireland's qualification trumps theirs.

Very limited resources and they are there - unlike ourselves.

Nelly Terraces

Brilliant for NI, and I'm really chuffed for them, a magnificent achievement for such a small country. Nice one!

A lot has been made of Wales, mainly because of Bale but, if they do qualify, I reckon that N Ireland's qualification trumps theirs.

Very limited resources and they are there - unlike ourselves.

Limited resources I agree with but they are in a group with Greece, Hungary and Romania....the top seeds Greece lost home and away to the Faroe Islands.

Couldn't see our top seeds Germany doing that!?

:jjyay:

Ah Jaysus, Geoff.  Jaysus.

Well done.  I imagine the trip to France might be a bit of a tall order for you distance-wise, but who knows?  On the other hand, I know a few people from Norn Iron who'll be making the trip next summer, and I hope they have a great time.  :toasting:

For my part, I'll just have to echo the thoughts of my mate on Facebook who reminded me of my favourite word in the English language.....

....schadenfreude.

CJNexYSWUAABpQg.jpg

:laugh:

Hope they lose every game they play for the next 20 years. A more bigoted support you would be hard pressed to find.

:rofl:

Behave.

Well done Norn.  Great result and great to see them qualifying.

N Ireland in 1982 (and the Republic in 1988) were two of my favourite non-Scotland international teams.

duckandcover

You accuse them of being bigots yet your comment is one of the most narrow minded and stereotypical I've read :rofl: honestly behave.

Congratulations to Norn Iron, amazing achievement for one of Europe's so-called lesser sides.

Well done NI , great achievement for them, puts us to shame. One poster should be changing his username , seems to be the biggest bigot here!!

The Internet

It's a good achievement obviously but they got massively lucky with the group they had. Even the Faroes have managed to pick up 6 points in that group :lol:

It's a good achievement obviously but they got massively lucky with the group they had. Even the Faroes have managed to pick up 6 points in that group :lol:

I agree with this post.

Maiden Gorgie

Well the the Norn Iron! I'll be supporting them in France. As for Wales, ROI & England? Meh.

To clarify, I also hate the Republic and their support, Wales and their support and England and their support. The Republic and their Celtic loving friends, Northern Ireland, the country whose supporters ran their captain out of the country and who will no doubt have the Rangers support, Wales who have the slimiest manager in world football and England, good old England who will be laughing their backsides at us, and rightfully so.

A lot of "hate" in this post. Why do you "hate" entire countries?

The Real Maroonblood

It's a shame that there isn't one Irish team like the rugby.

That would be interesting.

Could possibly have been another 4 or 6 points for the Faroes,If Scotland was In that group.

The Internet

Could possibly have been another 4 or 6 points for the Faroes,If Scotland was In that group.

Indeed. I've no doubts that if we'd had that group we'd have found a way to make a complete arse of it. 

chester copperpot

Well done Northern Ireland. Yeah they may have a few Rangers fans but so wit.

A small nation with very limited resources qualifying is a good thing.

I like all British teams to qualify (and the Republic but that was in conflict to our own hopes).

Kind of makes the why no Iceland comments a bit silly eh

MR INCREDIBLE

Well done Northern Ireland. Yeah they may have a few Rangers fans but so wit.

A small nation with very limited resources qualifying is a good thing.

I like all British teams to qualify (and the Republic but that was in conflict to our own hopes).

Kind of makes the why no Iceland comments a bit silly eh

Northern Ireland is not a British team. Britain is Scotland-England and Wales. Northern Ireland is from the UK. Anyway good luck Northern Ireland.

chester copperpot

Northern Ireland is not a British team. Britain is Scotland-England and Wales. Northern Ireland is from the UK. Anyway good luck Northern Ireland.

Thanks for the education but you get what I mean huh?

Bazzas right boot

What he said, any support who is largely populated the the bigot brothers doesn't get my best wishes.

They done well tho!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Some really bang average sides will be at this tournament which we failed to qualify for. We need to absolutely dismantle the SFA and just start from scratch. Football in this country is being run in to the ground and the only interest for the governing bodies is the two shite Glasgow "giants".

Салатные палочки

Well done to all the home nations, especially Northern Ireland who have without doubt the weakest team out the lot.  It says a lot about their team spirit though and they should be very proud of themselves this morning. I would be kidding myself if I said I wasn't jealous of them but we were simply not good enough in the end.  

Had a discussion in work this morning where I said I feel sorry for any Scotland fan under the age of 25 who has never seen us at a major tournament.  We took it for granted back then. 

TriggersBroom

Do you not find it exhausting being so hateful?

Morgaro Gomis

They got a ridiculously easy group, but fair play to them, they got the job done. Unlike ourselves.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"Home nations"... the most pointless mass generalisation since supporting Europe became a thing in the gowf. :rofl:

Delighted for them, my wife is Northern Irish so my father in law etc are all over the moon. They will have my support in France.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The bitterness of some on this thread

:sweeet: Norn Iron!

Yes, I'm sure lots of normal Scottish people would bite your arm off to be from an occupied backwater shitehole, just to qualify for a European Championships. :lol:

Yes, I'm sure lots of normal Scottish people would bite your arm off to be from an occupied backwater shitehole, just to qualify for a European Championships. :lol:

:rofl:

chester copperpot

The bitterness of some on this thread

:sweeet: Norn Iron!

It's not normal to agree with you Geoff but I do here .

Pleasing

We did not qualify in a real group, but for NI...

Yip, it could be embarrassing in the real world of the European Championship......Kyle Laugherty, I rest my case.

I've got a few mates from NI so well chuffed for them. Jealous as **** though but not going to grudge it because of our shiteness.

Archived