Fighting on macleod st

His name is

the Hearts way

I think you only retorted to my comment, in order to be 1st on the new page of the thread. :toff:

deary fecking me . HHGH.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rankeillor_hearts

Anyone posting footage is a grass in my books. Innocent guys got caught up in something and stood up for others, leave it at that.

In the real world being a grass isn't a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds like Killie were trying to throw their weight around and got chased. Obviously looking for trouble if they are acting like that on Gorgie Road.

the Hearts way

Sounds like Killie were trying to throw their weight around and got chased. Obviously looking for trouble if they are acting like that on Gorgie Road.

Finally.  Boyd came in handy for something.

• 4 months later...
Straightfromtheheart

EIGHT fans have been arrested over a disturbance ahead of a match between Hearts and Motherwell at Tynecastle in January.

The force were known to have been called to a fight involving about 20 rival supporters in McLeod Street, Edinburgh, on Saturday January 16.

Following reports of a disturbance, Police Scotland have undertook days of action to target offenders under Operation Rebound.

This week officers from Police Scotland's football co-ordination unit arrested and charged eight Motherwell fans in connection with the incident.

This is in addition to the arrests made earlier this year of eight Hearts fans. The 8 males including one juvenile ranged in age from 15 to 51, are all from the Motherwell area.

Seven of the men have been released on specific bail conditions preventing them from attending football matches and will appear at court in April in relation to the charges. A juvenile has been reported to the children's reporter.

Inspector Emma Croft, who is based at St Leonards, said: ?As part of our ongoing commitment to tackle fan disorder, Police Scotland has been working closely with Hearts FC to identify and address a group of individuals who bring disorder and criminality to the doors of what is a family friendly club.

?These arrests stand to reinforce our previous message that such behaviour will not be tolerated and we will work tirelessly to trace those involved in violence and criminality.

?Sixteen individuals are now unable to attend a football match for the foreseeable future as a result of this incident.

?Operation Rebound continues to address football related violence in Edinburgh and we will work alongside all related football clubs to ensure anyone responsible for fan disorder is held to account."

Absolute *******s running about getting into fights before the football :lol:

51 year old :rofl:

Deary me!

Son Of Anarchy

2 different games

trouble started wholly by away fans

Lack of police presence allowing away fans opportunities they normally wouldn't have?

Lack of police presence allowing away fans opportunities they normally wouldn't have?

Nope, it was both sets of neds looking to fight each other.

Francis Albert

2 different games

Let's see how well the "it's them that started it" defence goes down.

2 different games

Hopefully witnesses will come forward verifying these facts so that any Hearts fans caught up in this will be admonished.

William H. Bonney

Hopefully witnesses will come forward verifying these facts so that any Hearts fans caught up in this will be admonished.

Why would they be admonished? If they were fighting they deserve to be punished, irrespective of the circumstances.

Why would they be admonished? If they were fighting they deserve to be punished, irrespective of the circumstances.

Self defence and stepping in to help those getting attacked. Would you stand by and watch someone get assaulted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son Of Anarchy

Nope, it was both sets of neds looking to fight each other.

Ok ta.

Am I getting this right? The Motherwell game there's was a wee bit aggro but I thought from earlier reports the 15/51 yr olds were Hearts fans? I asked at time if maybe a dad was just helping his son and it was innocent. Think police report says they were Motherwell? Also thought Killie just got off bus and started on our fans rather than anything organised?

Correct me if i am wrong, but if you were attacked would you not defend your self William ?.

It seems as if it was more of an attack than a fight

Disgusting to watch around 20 @OfficialKillie "supporters" sprinting down McLeod Street randomly attacking innocent bystanders. - tweeted by Keith Downie of Sky Sports

Saw this. Took an Australian mate to the game for the first time. Pathetic and laughable but get rid of them. Our fans, their fans, who cares. Time to cull !!!!!

EIGHT fans have been arrested over a disturbance ahead of a match between Hearts and Motherwell at Tynecastle in January.

The force were known to have been called to a fight involving about 20 rival supporters in McLeod Street, Edinburgh, on Saturday January 16.

Following reports of a disturbance, Police Scotland have undertook days of action to target offenders under Operation Rebound.

This week officers from Police Scotland's football co-ordination unit arrested and charged eight Motherwell fans in connection with the incident.

This is in addition to the arrests made earlier this year of eight Hearts fans. The 8 males including one juvenile ranged in age from 15 to 51, are all from the Motherwell area.

Seven of the men have been released on specific bail conditions preventing them from attending football matches and will appear at court in April in relation to the charges. A juvenile has been reported to the children's reporter.

Inspector Emma Croft, who is based at St Leonards, said: ?As part of our ongoing commitment to tackle fan disorder, Police Scotland has been working closely with Hearts FC to identify and address a group of individuals who bring disorder and criminality to the doors of what is a family friendly club.

?These arrests stand to reinforce our previous message that such behaviour will not be tolerated and we will work tirelessly to trace those involved in violence and criminality.

?Sixteen individuals are now unable to attend a football match for the foreseeable future as a result of this incident.

?Operation Rebound continues to address football related violence in Edinburgh and we will work alongside all related football clubs to ensure anyone responsible for fan disorder is held to account."

Unacceptable behaviour from any adult.

Being admonished will still show as a criminal record though, won't it? Unlike England where it doesn't need to be declared after 6 months, it will be something they need to declare if applying for jobs for years I think. Ten years possibly?

Being admonished will still show as a criminal record though, won't it? Unlike England where it doesn't need to be declared after 6 months, it will be something they need to declare if applying for jobs for years I think. Ten years possibly?

Admonished is the wrong word, my fault. Any charges dropped would have been better way of describing the desired outcome.

Admonished is the wrong word, my fault. Any charges dropped would have been better way of describing the desired outcome.

Ah right. Sorry mate. Gotcha. :thumbsup:

Ok ta.

Am I getting this right? The Motherwell game there's was a wee bit aggro but I thought from earlier reports the 15/51 yr olds were Hearts fans? I asked at time if maybe a dad was just helping his son and it was innocent. Think police report says they were Motherwell? Also thought Killie just got off bus and started on our fans rather than anything organised?

Killie yes, they were to blame. I watched the Motherwell 'fighting' and it was two sets of scruffs trying to play Green Street. Not one sided in the slightest although some in here are adamant this was the case.

William H. Bonney

Self defence and stepping in to help those getting attacked. Would you stand by and watch someone get assaulted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course not, but I wouldn't throw punches. Im my opinion, I have no evidence of course, this sounds like a provocative incident were both parties were equally at fault.

duckandcover

Not sure about the Motherwell incident but the Kilmarnock one was 100% started by pished up west coast tramps coming off a bus and starting bother on innocent Hearts fans. A guy I know was walking down McLeod Street with his son when one of them ran up and hit him, I find it hard to believe there are many people out there who would sit back and not get involved in a situation like that.

No idea about the Killie one, but my mate saw the Motherwell incident. He was laughing and telling me the two young teams were pavement dancing and throwing the odd cone at each other. Don't think much happened. Whilst I don't condone this kind of thing, some kind of police presence would have been a deterrent.

Son Of Anarchy

No idea about the Killie one, but my mate saw the Motherwell incident. He was laughing and telling me the two young teams were pavement dancing and throwing the odd cone at each other. Don't think much happened. Whilst I don't condone this kind of thing, some kind of police presence would have been a deterrent.

Which is my point exactly. If police were there doubt anything would have happened. McLeod street should have a police presence every game. Shame its required but where rival supporters mix there's always a chance of trouble.

Pretty much it although the best part was one of the older Hearts team wanting to get involved because his son was also involved. His wife then told him off and dragged him away - pure comedy gold.

It's really not nice to say but I'd love to see someone with your holier than thou attitude take an unprovoked slap.

I wonder what your attitude would be then.

You got family?

Away supporters shouldn't be dropped off at the top of McLeod street by bus!!

Buses should all be diverted via corstorphine if coming from the west and dropped at Russell road/roseburn.

Celtic fans do it deliberately coming along gorgie in their buses banging on the Windows etc!!!!

Just asking for it to kick off imo.

Buses should all be diverted via corstorphine if coming from the west and dropped at Russell road/roseburn.

Celtic fans do it deliberately coming along gorgie in their buses banging on the Windows etc!!!!

Exactly. They do that for the likes of Hibs and Celtic, so they should just do that for every team. Or alternatively start doing it for a particular team who's fans can't behave. For example, Motherwell and Kilmarnock.

Салатные палочки

51??? Really? WTF has to be going wrong in your life to go out fighting with a bunch of kids.  Pathetic.  

51??? Really? WTF has to be going wrong in your life to go out fighting with a bunch of kids.  Pathetic.

Protecting his daughter / wife / son , feel fit to change the last word ,friend etc from some nugget with 3pints inside him who once a week is part of his tribe/ waankgang

Салатные палочки

Protecting his daughter / wife / son , feel fit to change the last word ,friend etc from some nugget with 3pints inside him who once a week is part of his tribe/ waankgang

I don't get this.  So the 51yo guy from Motherwell who was arrested was protecting his family? 

I don't get this.  So the 51yo guy from Motherwell who was arrested was protecting his family? 

sorry , I thought Hearts fans, but either way its so easy to be caught up in the trouble[both sets of fans] and the problems nothing to do with you

Not sure about the Motherwell incident but the Kilmarnock one was 100% started by pished up west coast tramps coming off a bus and starting bother on innocent Hearts fans. A guy I know was walking down McLeod Street with his son when one of them ran up and hit him, I find it hard to believe there are many people out there who would sit back and not get involved in a situation like that.

Very much so.

You're not putting up with that if a guy with his son is being attacked.

Human nature, nothing to do with anything else.

Son Of Anarchy

sorry , I thought Hearts fans, but either way its so easy to be caught up in the trouble[both sets of fans] and the problems nothing to do with you

This is the confusing bit. I'd heard Hearts fan aswell now seemingly Motherwell? I could understand a father getting involved as I have done myself when my son qas threatened but its just weird if pre planned.

This is the confusing bit. I'd heard Hearts fan aswell now seemingly Motherwell? I could understand a father getting involved as I have done myself when my son qas threatened but its just weird if pre planned.

its a cop out ,

a couple more of our finest on street corners would help ... I certainly think [not paid by Hearts] the onus is on the constabulary when crowds[music/football/rugby etc] appear anywhere to show more strength in numbers

Francis Albert

its a cop out ,

a couple more of our finest on street corners would help ... I certainly think [not paid by Hearts] the onus is on the constabulary when crowds[music/football/rugby etc] appear anywhere to show more strength in numbers

Perhaps if we complained about hearing xenophobic abuse in McLeod Street on match days then the police would repeat their recent "extensive investigation" into the complaint?

Perhaps if we complained about hearing xenophobic abuse in McLeod Street on match days then the police would repeat their recent "extensive investigation" into the complaint?

Good luck with that.

There have been many complaints made over many years at Tynecastle esp. when the demons de hooped hit town......not much done as far as I could see.

Not necessarily blaming the old bill here....the club are going in the right direction by cutting the OF's allocations. Any chicanery and they could, and maybe should, go further...imo !

the general

oh dear !! you having a shocker

the general

the Motherwell fans were not on a bus as far as I know

the Motherwell fans were not on a bus as far as I know

Maybe not but if it was to be stated in the instructions given to visiting fans that they were to approach the ground from the Roseburn area they would then have no excuse for being anywhere near Gorgie Road.

Hearts advise fans on directions to the ground when we are away from home.

Why the police continually allow away fans to alight from their coaches at the top of McLeod street is baffling.

Maybe not but if it was to be stated in the instructions given to visiting fans that they were to approach the ground from the Roseburn area they would then have no excuse for being anywhere near Gorgie Road.

Why the police continually allow away fans to alight from their coaches at the top of McLeod street is baffling.

I'm sure the casuals don''t check which end of McLeod St they are allowed to enter when they are heading for a fracas !

" Boys, remember, enter through Russell Rd !"

:Aye:

the general

aye but the point is they were looking for trouble so they deliberately refused to follow these directions

As for the Killie incidents, I was walking down MacLeod St about 5 minutes before kickoff and half a dozen idiots were running around challenging people and being generally aggressive. Didn't know if they were home or away fans. Hadn't seen anything like that for years. Didn't see any actual fighting.

aye but the point is they were looking for trouble so they deliberately refused to follow these directions

And Hearts fan get the blame for the trouble ?

Sounds fair.

Archived