Mini Kickers

Walter Kidd

Walter Kidd

My wee boy starts this morning. Never seen him so excited about anything and he is three.

Put a wee spring in my step coming to work today.

Look out Rangers and Celtic, he'll rip you apart in 2022.

japanjambo
My wee boy starts this morning. Never seen him so excited about anything and he is three.

Put a wee spring in my step coming to work today.

Look out Rangers and Celtic, he'll rip you apart in 2022.

What's Mini Kickers, WK?

Lynn...who's way out the loop after being exiled for over 17 years!:ninja:

Walter Kidd

It's an SFA coaching course for 3-5 year olds.

I've been trying everywhere to get a Drew Busby type Hearts top without success for him, so he is away in his Scotland one.

japanjambo
It's an SFA coaching course for 3-5 year olds.

I've been trying everywhere to get a Drew Busby type Hearts top without success for him, so he is away in his Scotland one.

Good luck to the wee man, WK. Hope he has a great time.

They should bring that top back!!

Walter Kidd
My boy is three in a couple of weeks time - I'll need to look into this.

There is a bit on the SFA Website mate. Looks brilliant for the wee men. Boris and Walter Kidd proud parents from the new main stand, as we destroy Hibs.

There is a bit on the SFA Website mate. Looks brilliant for the wee men. Boris and Walter Kidd proud parents from the new main stand, as we destroy Hibs.

Hehehe

That would be class!

Do they do an added class for parents who want to become agents?:rolleyes:

doctor jambo

My older boy has been going to mini kickers for over a year now

WOuldnt miss it for the world mate

Wee Hearts strip on with name on the back the works!

MAkes me incredibly proud

You'll have a blast

My wee boy has been going to DAFC's kids football for over two years since he turned three. He loves it just as much now as he did when he started, I wish I gone to something like it when I was a tot.

jamboinglasgow

am I not right in thinking that Hearts have their own verson of this called Tynie Kickers. Think these programs are great for young kids as they aren't intensive training but fun designed to improve their basic skills which will help them more. Got a nephew who is coming up for 2 and a half, he loves playing with footballs though everytime I try to teach him how to pass or do anything other the kick, he just kicks it. Think it is important at the age of 3-5 to let them shoot at goal as that is what they find most fun. If you can bring in other skills through a fun way then it is a winning formula.

Outof interest, what exactly do they do in the practices, i.e. what kind of drills or practice etc. Might try and persude my brother to send his son to one of these.

am I not right in thinking that Hearts have their own verson of this called Tynie Kickers. Think these programs are great for young kids as they aren't intensive training but fun designed to improve their basic skills which will help them more. Got a nephew who is coming up for 2 and a half, he loves playing with footballs though everytime I try to teach him how to pass or do anything other the kick, he just kicks it. Think it is important at the age of 3-5 to let them shoot at goal as that is what they find most fun. If you can bring in other skills through a fun way then it is a winning formula.

Outof interest, what exactly do they do in the practices, i.e. what kind of drills or practice etc. Might try and persude my brother to send his son to one of these.

They mainly play fun games, some of them not really football related, just to get them running about and to get fit. There is some dribbling, volleying and catching taught and they tend to play a two on two game at the end of the session. 3-5 year old kids just want to have fun, technique etc can come in later.

If you want a really proud moment, go and watch.

I take kids football on a Friday night, all aged between 6 and 9.

Their enthusiasm to play football really puts a spring in my step.

jamboinglasgow
They mainly play fun games, some of them not really football related, just to get them running about and to get fit. There is some dribbling, volleying and catching taught and they tend to play a two on two game at the end of the session. 3-5 year old kids just want to have fun, technique etc can come in later.

I totally agree, a young child wants to just play but you can have fun games that let the develop without them realising.

how much does this cost and where is it held?

Think Mini Kickers is fife thing, sure there similar courses in Edinburgh.

My 8 year old is playing for a team in the Bay and loving every minute, but i have the strips to wash this weekend:sad:

Archived