What are your thoughts on the squad?

i8hibsh

I posted this on another thread, but I would like to gauge other Jambos opinions.  I get zero satisfaction in any player being in any other group bar "SPL quality" but here are my ratings

SPL Quality - best we have

Sow (but ffs as a striker)

Juanma

Walker

Nicholson

Pallardo

Gomis

Bauben

Paterson

Potential to be

King

El Hass

McGhee

Augustyn

so so

Alexander

Swanson

Anderson

Oh my ********* word

Oshaniwa

Ozturk

Rossi

Hamilton

McKirdy

Henderson

Smith

I posted this on another thread, but I would like to gauge other Jambos opinions. I get zero satisfaction in any player being in any other group bar "SPL quality" but here are my ratings

Juanma

Walker

Nicholson

Pallardo

Gomis

Bauben

Paterson

Potential to be

King

El Hass

McGhee

Augustyn

so so

Alexander

Swanson

Anderson

Oh my ********* word

Oshaniwa

Ozturk

Rossi

Hamilton

McKirdy

Henderson

Smith

Interesting way to look at the squad. I don't think young guys like Henderson, Smith and McKirdy deserve to be in the bottom group!

I'd move King up, Rossi is definately SPL quality (as a centre half) and I do think Swanson is going to be a good signing.

We're lacking balance in the squad, and I'm not sure RN knows his strongest 11 and formation; that's the concerning thing.

To be honest, by repeating a thread like that you have simply indicated you should be removed from the gene pool.

Rossi is clearly or best defender just now.

Swanson has only played about two thirds of a game.

El Hass is a complete and utter donkey.

Bauban seems to be getting worse every week and he started off pretty poor.

Are you sure you are actually watching Hearts games?

JeanLouisValois84

I posted this on another thread, but I would like to gauge other Jambos opinions. I get zero satisfaction in any player being in any other group bar "SPL quality" but here are my ratings

Juanma

Walker

Nicholson

Pallardo

Gomis

Bauben

Paterson

Potential to be

King

El Hass

McGhee

Augustyn

so so

Alexander

Swanson

Anderson

Oh my ********* word

Oshaniwa

Ozturk

Rossi

Hamilton

McKirdy

Henderson

Smith

Are you for real with this? Absolutely ridiculous view of our squad.

Interesting way to look at the squad. I don't think young guys like Henderson, Smith and McKirdy deserve to be in the bottom group!

I'd move King up, Rossi is definately SPL quality (as a centre half) and I do think Swanson is going to be a good signing.

We're lacking balance in the squad, and I'm not sure RN knows his strongest 11 and formation; that's the concerning thing.

In all honesty I have been hard on the young laddies (probably as after recent performances I am not thinking straight).

Perhaps have an "undecided" section and put Mckirdy et al in.

What a dreadful thread :lol:

Have you ever seen Henderson and Smith play, and McKirdy other than Inverness?

What's Hamilton ever done?

Why does Augustyn have potential but Ozturk doesn't, when Ozturk is the better player and younger?

Why do you think a Nigerian international isn't good enough to play in the SPL?

Rossi has been very good since coming in.

Alexander and Swanson are proven SPL players. I'm sure they're good enough to play in the SPL.

To be honest, by repeating a thread like that you have simply indicated you should be removed from the gene pool.

Rossi is clearly or best defender just now.

Swanson has only played about two thirds of a game.

El Hass is a complete and utter donkey.

Bauban seems to be getting worse every week and he started off pretty poor.

Are you sure you are actually watching Hearts games?

Your opinion.

I posted mine.

I'd actually give Smith a go at right back at some point. He looks a proper player to me.

The thing with Paterson, i see him do so many great things going forward but not many at RB.

This is not how I view our squad in the slightest,we have a good squad,if you read the majority of posts the lasts 3 weeks it is the use of our squad that is pissing fans off.

This is not how I view our squad in the slightest,we have a good squad,if you read the majority of posts the lasts 3 weeks it is the use of our squad that is pissing fans off.

Agree with you in that the way we are utilising them is piss poor but I disagree that we have a "good squad".  We seem to see a foreign name and think they are going to be better than what they are.  Ozturk is living off 'that goal'. the guy is really quite awful and how he is captain is beyond me - however we have no real captain in the team, perhaps Gomis.

Agree with you in that the way we are utilising them is piss poor but I disagree that we have a "good squad". We seem to see a foreign name and think they are going to be better than what they are. Ozturk is living off 'that goal'. the guy is really quite awful and how he is captain is beyond me - however we have no real captain in the team, perhaps Gomis.

Ozturk is a young centre half having a poor run of form,he will return to form again,the whole team need to be coached the basics again as confidence has been shot due to the last 3 results,I'm pretty confident Juanma has never been asked to play left wing before in his career,at times yesterday he was further back than Rossi,the majority of the blame for our form lies with the management imo,individual errors aren't helping.

Jambof3tornado

Said it yesterday,we are 5 players short of competing with Aberdeen.(5 that are ready to push for a start)

We continue to play walker when injured, buaban hasnt looked fit since he came back in.

There's no real challenge for Paterson,Liam Smith isnt ready yet.

Ozturk is never a captain, not now at least.

Alexander needs some competition too,Jack not ready to push him hard.

Goalkeepers;

-Alexander, a good SPL quality goalkeeper, plenty of experience in Scotland, England and in Europe plus a handful of Scotland caps.

-Hamilton, still only 21 and capped at every youth level for Scotland, I've seen enough in the small amount of games he's played that the potential is there.

Defenders;

-Paterson, still needs to work on aspects of his defensive game but everything else, he is a top player, heading, crossing, work rate, shooting, I do think out of all our players, he is the one most likely to play in the English Premiership one day.

-Augustyn, I don't like how he always seems to play a long ball, he does have a long kick but it's not effective when we have 1 striker on his own with no support, defensively I'm not seen enough to make a judgement, he's only played 3 times, yesterday was the first game back after an injury so I'm going to give him another few games to get back up to speed and play in a settled back 4.

-Ozturk, I think he has huge potential, still only 22, he's good with the ball at his feet, this is the first season at Hearts that he will be tested in every game so it will be interesting to see how he does and how much he improves by the end of the season.

-Oshaniwa, not see a lot of him but seems to be a good runner with the ball, stupid sending off in Inverness but hopefully he'll learn from that.

-Rossi, I do rate him, wins everything in the air, good with the ball at his feet and he provides good cover for both centre back and left back positions.

-McGhee, another like Hamilton, has been capped at Scotland youth level, broke into the U21's when he was just 17, I'd like to see him get more game time at Hearts but unless we get hit with 3 or 4 injuries/suspensions then I can't see it.

Midfielders;

-Gomis, he's a player that you realise how good he is when he doesn't play, we have missed his work in the middle, always makes himself an option, he'll draw players in to make space for others, occasionally will go wrong but he'll always work to get the ball back and half the time he does, the other half he gets a booking.

-Buaben, I think he's better when playing further forward, I don't know if it's just he isn't fully fit just now but he doesn't seem to work as much in the middle as Gomis or even a half-fit Pallardo.

-Pallardo, he is a class player, rarely loses a ball, seems to read the game well, Aberdeen was his first game of the season so I can forgive the couple of mistakes he made, one lead to his booking and the other lead to a goal which was unfortunate. He's the type of player that will be wasted if we start playing the long ball tactic all the time, the more Pallardo has of the ball, the more control we will have in a game.

-McKirdy, still very young, looked impressive when he came on in the cup game at Tynecastle earlier in the season, looks confident with the ball at his feet, I reckon he could be a regular starter in a couple of years.

-Walker, I feel he plays better when playing central, running at defenders, something always looks like it's going to happen when he gets the ball facing the opposition goal, at the start of last season, I was undecided on him but now, I think he has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

-Nicholson, he's quick, direct and unlike Walker, I feel Nicholson is better when played out wide, I always feel he doesn't make as much of an impact when playing centrally. He's got a good strike on him, gets himself into good positions, takes defenders on, he should be playing more than he has been.

-King, one of the best crossers of the ball we have at the club, he's a lot more confident now than when he first played in the first team, he can beat a man, he's scored a couple already this season and only started 2 games, if we're going to be playing a big striker up front, we need players like King to be feeding the crosses into the middle.

-Swanson, not seen anything of him but he has experience at this level, he seems eager to prove himself and earn another deal, he's only signed until the end of the season.

Forwards;

-El Hassnaoui, he's been hampered by injuries for the past season and a bit, he could be a big player for us but he doesn't have long left to prove it.

-Sow, good with the ball at his feet, surprisingly agile for someone of his stature. Good finisher, holds the ball up very well. If we're playing both Sow and Juanma in a 4-2-3-1, I prefer Sow on the left to Juanma but he can play either out wide or up front.

-Juanma, strong, technically very good, he's not going down easily as much as he did in his first couple of games which is good, he could be a big player for us this season but he needs the support and service,

-Reilly, I don't think he's ready for regular first team games at this level yet, he hasn't shown anything to show that he is good enough, it's not the player that picks their position but he shouldn't have played yesterday over King and Nicholson. My theory on bringing in Reilly for Keatings was Reilly could maybe play in a number of positions whereas Keatings could only really play up front in a 4-4-2, Reilly did do okay when playing behind the striker in a previous game at Tynecastle (can't remember the opponent) but he could be 3rd or 4th choice when all our squad is fit for that position.

Goalkeepers;

-Alexander, a good SPL quality goalkeeper, plenty of experience in Scotland, England and in Europe plus a handful of Scotland caps.

-Hamilton, still only 21 and capped at every youth level for Scotland, I've seen enough in the small amount of games he's played that the potential is there.

Defenders;

-Paterson, still needs to work on aspects of his defensive game but everything else, he is a top player, heading, crossing, work rate, shooting, I do think out of all our players, he is the one most likely to play in the English Premiership one day.

-Augustyn, I don't like how he always seems to play a long ball, he does have a long kick but it's not effective when we have 1 striker on his own with no support, defensively I'm not seen enough to make a judgement, he's only played 3 times, yesterday was the first game back after an injury so I'm going to give him another few games to get back up to speed and play in a settled back 4.

-Ozturk, I think he has huge potential, still only 22, he's good with the ball at his feet, this is the first season at Hearts that he will be tested in every game so it will be interesting to see how he does and how much he improves by the end of the season.

-Oshaniwa, not see a lot of him but seems to be a good runner with the ball, stupid sending off in Inverness but hopefully he'll learn from that.

-Rossi, I do rate him, wins everything in the air, good with the ball at his feet and he provides good cover for both centre back and left back positions.

-McGhee, another like Hamilton, has been capped at Scotland youth level, broke into the U21's when he was just 17, I'd like to see him get more game time at Hearts but unless we get hit with 3 or 4 injuries/suspensions then I can't see it.

Midfielders;

-Gomis, he's a player that you realise how good he is when he doesn't play, we have missed his work in the middle, always makes himself an option, he'll draw players in to make space for others, occasionally will go wrong but he'll always work to get the ball back and half the time he does, the other half he gets a booking.

-Buaben, I think he's better when playing further forward, I don't know if it's just he isn't fully fit just now but he doesn't seem to work as much in the middle as Gomis or even a half-fit Pallardo.

-Pallardo, he is a class player, rarely loses a ball, seems to read the game well, Aberdeen was his first game of the season so I can forgive the couple of mistakes he made, one lead to his booking and the other lead to a goal which was unfortunate. He's the type of player that will be wasted if we start playing the long ball tactic all the time, the more Pallardo has of the ball, the more control we will have in a game.

-McKirdy, still very young, looked impressive when he came on in the cup game at Tynecastle earlier in the season, looks confident with the ball at his feet, I reckon he could be a regular starter in a couple of years.

-Walker, I feel he plays better when playing central, running at defenders, something always looks like it's going to happen when he gets the ball facing the opposition goal, at the start of last season, I was undecided on him but now, I think he has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

-Nicholson, he's quick, direct and unlike Walker, I feel Nicholson is better when played out wide, I always feel he doesn't make as much of an impact when playing centrally. He's got a good strike on him, gets himself into good positions, takes defenders on, he should be playing more than he has been.

-King, one of the best crossers of the ball we have at the club, he's a lot more confident now than when he first played in the first team, he can beat a man, he's scored a couple already this season and only started 2 games, if we're going to be playing a big striker up front, we need players like King to be feeding the crosses into the middle.

-Swanson, not seen anything of him but he has experience at this level, he seems eager to prove himself and earn another deal, he's only signed until the end of the season.

Forwards;

-El Hassnaoui, he's been hampered by injuries for the past season and a bit, he could be a big player for us but he doesn't have long left to prove it.

-Sow, good with the ball at his feet, surprisingly agile for someone of his stature. Good finisher, holds the ball up very well. If we're playing both Sow and Juanma in a 4-2-3-1, I prefer Sow on the left to Juanma but he can play either out wide or up front.

-Juanma, strong, technically very good, he's not going down easily as much as he did in his first couple of games which is good, he could be a big player for us this season but he needs the support and service,

-Reilly, I don't think he's ready for regular first team games at this level yet, he hasn't shown anything to show that he is good enough, it's not the player that picks their position but he shouldn't have played yesterday over King and Nicholson. My theory on bringing in Reilly for Keatings was Reilly could maybe play in a number of positions whereas Keatings could only really play up front in a 4-4-2, Reilly did do okay when playing behind the striker in a previous game at Tynecastle (can't remember the opponent) but he could be 3rd or 4th choice when all our squad is fit for that position.

In conclusion you pretty much rate the entire squad highly?

Guest Paul Allen

There has to be massive question marks over Oshaniwa based on what we've seen of him so far. The saving grace is that Rossi looks a reasonably able deputy, albeit LB clearly isn't his natural position, based on yesterday's 2nd half in particular.

Is our squad as strong as Celtic or Aberdeen - nope, not even close.

Would I swap our squad as a whole for A N other squad of any of the other 9 SPL teams - nope. We're a work in progress.

I would question whether the manager knows how best to utilise the players at his disposal.

I rate 9 or 10, the rest will need to prove themselves at this level this season.

I think we undoubtedly have enough talent to have a decent season but it all comes back to the management for me.

I think there has to be a bit of slack for guys just returning from injury in the case of Augustyn and Pallardo, even Walker.

There's nothing better than having a consistent run of games to find yourself, find a rhythm and strike up an understanding with team mates on the field.....the manager hasn't allowed this happen.

Only player from last season which has really opened my eyes in amazement is Ozturk. Looks shaky and too casual. Is he simply not good enough or thinks he's too good?

We all see things differently. I highlighted concerns re Ozturk last season. His selection as club captain is baffling. He has no obvious leadership qualities. The fact he looked beyond Morgaro Gomis - clearly hugely respected within the group says much.

Neilson rightly received credit for last season. Rangers had the worst "Manager" in their history in the Jester and Hibs started appallingly. We got on a roll and he deservedly was praised for that.

The summer recruitment and club initiated departures looks very indifferent to say the least. For example, Neilson's approach to Gavin Reilly, a player making a step up from championship is incredibly unfair in my view. Surely a player making a step up from a lower league deserves to be given a chance in his favoured position. Neilson's handling of Kenny Anderson, a player for whom we paid a transfer fee and who's been ostracized after 9 appearances (2 of which were starts, neither in his stated favoured position) is in my view an absolute disgrace.

Ann Budge hasn't achieved her business success through stupidity. I'd be very surprised if she isn't paying particularly close attention to how our squad is being assembled, particularly where transfer fees, albeit modest, are being paid.

I'm not convinced that our squad is any stronger than last season.

That's my view.

I wouldn't say it's any weaker

We don't have any wide midfielders (as opposed to wingers), we lack pace all over the park and are hugely reliant on one player in Jamie Walker to create anything.  Cross balls and dead balls are a problem as the goalie comes for nothing and Paterson is the only player we have who is aggressive in the air.  Our defenders are very quick to play a long ball - and our strikers are not keen to try to win them.  The midfield players are very similar and are mostly uninterested in getting into the opposition penalty box.

All said it's looking good!

Bauben is one of the most dreadful players I have had the misfortune to watch in our shirt having watched us regularly for 25 plus years....he must know where the bodies are burried to be playing....its the only reason why,surely....!?!?

We don't have much variety in central midfield. It was obvious we were going to need to strengthen this area last season. We haven't and have actually fewer options.

Bauben is one of the most dreadful players I have had the misfortune to watch in our shirt having watched us regularly for 25 plus years....he must know where the bodies are burried to be playing....its the only reason why,surely....!?!?

:cornette:

Him, Gomis and Pallardo are our best midfielders since Larry Kingston.

Games like yesterday are where we pay the price for having a slightly smaller squad. Augustyn looked totally lost (unfit? hopefully unfit, although early indications = meh) yesterday, but if we're reliant on Rossi to be 2nd choice LB as well as CB then players are going to have to play when they're not ready. Same with Pallardo, who was miles off the pace.

I think we lack two players. A solid midfielder, because I'm not completely convinced Buaben has it in him to be a first pick at this level and he always looks a bit lost without Gomis alongside him. Our only option on the bench in centre mid was McKirdy, who is still very young to be relied on. And I would have liked to have kept McHattie, or signed another LB, for depth.

As far as those being written off are concerned, Oshaniwa will come good and I liked Reilly earlier in the season at Dundee and against Motherwell. He was rank yesterday, but **** knows why he was selected in that system. I like Ozturk as a player, though he's not half as good as he thinks he is and I don't think he should be captain. He needs a regular partner.

Last two games have been shite. Squad's probably a bit thin. We'll probably still finish top 6. Let's not overdo it on the panic.

:cornette:

Him, Gomis and Pallardo are our best midfielders since Larry Kingston.

I'll quite happily 'debate' this one all day week or month long...

I say debate but tbh there isn't one re Bauben..

Forget Morgaro and Pallardo...I see what they bring and both on their day are very important to us...but Bauben!?!!

You must be trolling or are just in a WuM mood....

I accept that people see things differently and diverse opinion (and yes on a forum for exactly that) but Prince is a joke of a 'football' player...

What does he do? What does he contribute in a positive way? Forget his Dundee Hibs days as they were some time ago now...

He constantly takes the ball facing his own GK and more often then gives possession away to the opposition...in very dangerous positions against us...

He cant pass...he cant shoot....he cant score...he cant tackle...he cant pick a pass...he cant track...he cant defend...he doesnt play with his head up...

What does he do?

Genuine question?? What does he do?

...and on a side note...you make your point by saying he (along with Jimmy and Pallardo but they have quality so disregard those 2) is our best midfielder since Larry (insert the biggest rofl you can find!)

Is that your idea of a quality midfielder!!!?

Larry had all the talent in the world but he wasn't interested and didnt produce of note with us...he showed the odd moment of genius here and there only then reverting to downing tools thereafter...

You shoot yourself in the foot but judging a good midfielder or otherwise by using Larry as the higher end of that scale...

Bauben has brought nothing to the team or club and its his relationship with Morgaro that saw us obviously make the effort to get him some 15 months ago...

Pallardo and Gomis yes good quality players who can continue to help us...Bauben is laughable and needs dropped for us to kick on in that department...

His CV before joining us indicates as much in terms of his last few moves before we were mugged off and signed him...

It really is all subjective.  I actually rate Bauben (at times).  I used to know a guy that actually thought Colin Cameron was "uttre shite", i mean wtf!

I don't think we have a problem with the squad, it is easily good enough for a top 6 finish. If our group of players are managed properly we will be fine.

Gomis and Buaben are half the players they can be when not played together.

Levein knew this. That is why even though Buaben had had a poor spell at Partick and Carlisle. Bringing him in would get the best out of Gomis and Gomis would bring the best out of him. Both are lost without the other.

Alexander is an experienced goalkeeper who has been solid for us. Our defence let's him down far more often than he let's the team down. What I will say is he seems to have lost that voice he had last season. I don't see him yelling instruction the same way he did for us last year.

Our defence needs time to gel. Ozturk is young and a tad naive but he needs a consistent partner as well.

Augustyn was way short of match fitness and just not ready for that Aberdeen game but up to speed he will be good for us.

Rossi for me is superb and truth be told he and Augustyn (fully fit) should probably be our central partnership in defence.

Juwon needs time to adapt. It's a whole new world for him to adjust to and given that time he will do well. Time is needed.

McKirdy. Too young and not ready. One for the future.

Nicholson needs to start games. He's capable of the brilliant and takes the pressure off Walker.

I say that because Walker now has 2 men on him at all times. He's been carrying a knock and it's showing. Bossed out the game by Aberdeen but as soon as Nicholson came on they were unable to double up on him, he got the space to shoot forced the save and from the corner we scored.

Sow is a striker. It's what he does and he does it well. Put Nicholson and Walker either side of him to feed him and drag defenders away and we have a dangerous attack.

Juanma, identical to Sow above. Leave one on the bench or play both in a 2 man attack. Nothing else will suffice.

Pallardo, Not fit and couldn't get near the fully fit Aberdeen players who played round him. Once he's up to speed he will be vital to use when it comes to breaking up attacks and keeping things simple in the midfield.

Paterson has lost his mind. Turning into a Jamie Hamill angry man. Perhaps time he was taken out of right back and utilised further forward because he doesn't have the mentality of a defender. Too rash and his own worst enemy at times. Might make a decent Vidal style defensive midfielder or a Gareth Bale style right sided attacker.

King just needs consistency. If he can do that he will be fantastic.

El Hass probably has it in him to do well but he just can't get fit.

Anderson is done.

Hamilton will probably be number 1 next season.

Swanson has all the ability. Just need to see him apply it.

Levein knew this. That is why even though Buaben had had a poor spell at Partick and Carlisle. Bringing him in would get the best out of Gomis and Gomis would bring the best out of him. Both are lost without the other.

Alexander is an experienced goalkeeper who has been solid for us. Our defence let's him down far more often than he let's the team down. What I will say is he seems to have lost that voice he had last season. I don't see him yelling instruction the same way he did for us last year.

Our defence needs time to gel. Ozturk is young and a tad naive but he needs a consistent partner as well.

Augustyn was way short of match fitness and just not ready for that Aberdeen game but up to speed he will be good for us.

Rossi for me is superb and truth be told he and Augustyn (fully fit) should probably be our central partnership in defence.

Juwon needs time to adapt. It's a whole new world for him to adjust to and given that time he will do well. Time is needed.

Nicholson needs to start games. He's capable of the brilliant and takes the pressure off Walker.

I say that because Walker now has 2 men on him at all times. He's been carrying a knock and it's showing. Bossed out the game by Aberdeen but as soon as Nicholson came on they were unable to double up on him, he got the space to shoot forced the save and from the corner we scored.

Sow is a striker. It's what he does and he does it well. Put Nicholson and Walker either side of him to feed him and drag defenders away and we have a dangerous attack.

Juanma, identical to Sow above. Leave one on the bench or play both in a 2 man attack. Nothing else will suffice.

Pallardo, Not fit and couldn't get near the fully fit Aberdeen players who played round him. Once he's up to speed he will be vital to use when it comes to breaking up attacks and keeping things simple in the midfield.

Paterson has lost his mind. Turning into a Jamie Hamill angry man. Perhaps time he was taken out of right back and utilised further forward because he doesn't have the mentality of a defender. Too rash and his own worst enemy at times. Might make a decent Vidal style defensive midfielder or a Gareth Bale style right sided attacker.

Anderson is done.

Very good post and I agree 100% with you. In

Anderson is done.

This, 100%

I really would like to see Paterson tried again at right midfield.

I know we are screaming for King and Nicholson to play more but Paterson would give you a more attacking/defensive balance on the right while BK or SN are more attacking in their style.

The problem is who goes to RB? I think CP in front of a solid RB would make that side of the park really hard to compete against.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I really would like to see Paterson tried again at right midfield.

I know we are screaming for King and Nicholson to play more but Paterson would give you a more attacking/defensive balance on the right while BK or SN are more attacking in their style.

The problem is who goes to RB? I think CP in front of a solid RB would make that side of the park really hard to compete against.

This is the sort of stuff that really should be sorted out in advance of the season.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I think its a cracking squad and I'm really looking forward to watching them progress together and getting some Silverware in the cabinet.

BonnyriggSectionG

Juanma

Walker

Nicholson

Pallardo

Gomis

Bauben

Paterson

Potential to be

King

El Hass

McGhee

Augustyn

so so

Alexander

Swanson

Anderson

Oh my ********* word

Oshaniwa

Ozturk

Rossi

Hamilton

McKirdy

Henderson

Smith

Buaben and Gomis are not SPL quality

Based on the club position of the field the positions on the field reflect that. We gave a plan for both off the field and on the field. If anybody honestly thinks we should be better than then they need to rethink their options. We as a whole club are doing fairly well despite 2 bad defeats. We could well get beat by Celtic but let's be honest it's nothing new. Put these defeats aside and win against the other clubs out with Aberdeen and Celtic, we will finish in a reasonable postion in the league. We just need to keep building and improving.

I think most of our players are good enough for SPFL but maybe not in top 3 or 4. I do however feel we have too many defenders that are not tough enough, they prefer to play football than defend. Paterson is the only one who enjoys a good battle. Buaben has been a huge disapppint at this level so far (while at Hearts). Could go on all day about other players but cannot be bothered!

After yesterday I think Augustyn is nowhere near premier league.....and the general movement of the central defenders were shocking.....they looked so slow......I think the next few weeks will settle hearts and we will be in a realistic place in the league.....the gap between the top of the championship and the bottom of the premier league is not huge...as our earlier results proved.....but we are currently a few players away from competing with Celtic and Aberdeen on a season long campaign.....

Archived