The small things that make you happy

yvonnejambo

yvonnejambo

Had a really horrible day at work today and felt like everything was against me. When I got home and putting my big fluffy slippers on cheered me up loads. So got me thinking of the little things that actually cheer you up or bring you back to feeling life aint that bad. So whats yours?

My other wee thing is clean sheets on the bed, makes life seem nicer :)

davemclaren
Had a really horrible day at work today and felt like everything was against me. When I got home and putting my big fluffy slippers on cheered me up loads. So got me thinking of the little things that actually cheer you up or bring you back to feeling life aint that bad. So whats yours?

clean, dry socks when your feet get wet. :rolleyes:

Pete Seeger

Just when someone goes out of the way to help you. I was struggling big time trying to get a cast iron bath out of a house on monday so I asked a couple of glazing boys next door if they could give us a lift for ?20. After doing it, and trust me they are heavy the guys said don't worry about the money. That cheered me right up. Not because i saved money but because the guys we're willing to do it off their own backs.

Jambo Oscar

Getting in to my pj's at the end of the night.

Getting a big cuddle of my daughter.

eddie fenwick

thats what guys in the building trade do,too many people are to quick of the mark to slate them when there is only a few bad apples as in any line of work,thats meant as a quote to ukols post and not shonas

Pete Seeger
thats what guys in the building trade do,too many people are to quick of the mark to slate them when there is only a few bad apples as in any line of work,thats meant as a quote to ukols post and not shonas

Agreed. I've pretty much always worked with decent lads. With the exception of 1 or 2 right enough.

eddie fenwick
Agreed. I've pretty much always worked with decent lads. With the exception of 1 or 2 right enough.

not started that work in my gaff yet but will give you a shout:cool:

scott herbertson

After a tough evening meeting getting torn up between two sets of politicians

trudging up the stairs then going to my kids bedrooms and seeing them dreaming without a trouble in the world

chokes me every time

davemclaren

When tradesmen actually turn up when they say they will. :P

Jambo Oscar

:biggrin:

Pete Seeger
not started that work in my gaff yet but will give you a shout:cool:

No probs mate :cool:

Pete Seeger

It works both ways. The amount of times I've had to wait on people coming to let me in to properties :P

davemclaren
It works both ways. The amount of times I've had to wait on people coming to let me in to properties :P

I'm sure it does mate. ;)

eddie fenwick

or getting to a job and the people arent blaming you for the work that needs done and then offer to pay once your finished

Pete Seeger
or getting to a job and the people arent blaming you for the work that needs done and then offer to pay once your finished

So long as they do actually pay. I've been ok so far but I'm sure I'll have to chap doors at some point.

Just been sitting in my garden with a glass of wine. I have hosed all my plants after a warm day and the scent from them is amazing.

I love summer, but most of all I love to "talk to the plants" :wacko:

Finding cash when you don't expect it.

Like down the back of the couch or in a disguarded pair of jeans or a jacket that hasn't been worn for months.

Always feels good even when it's only a couple of pound coins

eddie fenwick
So long as they do actually pay. I've been ok so far but I'm sure I'll have to chap doors at some point.

what gets me is folk dont buy something out of lets say next for instance and buy a jumper and tell the shop worker that they will pay them next week,stay on top of it because if someone owes you dough they arent going to call you

Pete Seeger
what gets me is folk dont buy something out of lets say next for instance and buy a jumper and tell the shop worker that they will pay them next week,stay on top of it because if someone owes you dough they arent going to call you

Yeah I'll not let anything out of hand. I'm not taking on anything big like new builds or that anyway. Just mainly doing bathroom suites just now.

dodethejambo

Going up to Kinlochbervie for a fishing trip and driving through some backwater towns (Ullapool);) and finding someone has named their house after another famous landmark...

DSC00410.jpg

Him below.

Every time I put the key into my flat door when I've been out all day, Roman hears from the living room and hits me at full volume with his full whistling songbook.

All the Hibees are gay

The Muppet Song

No matter how lousy a day it's been can't help but smile.

casenauskis

Doing a Tam Shank when no ones in the house, a bath after a cold training session, sleeping till 2pm on sundays, the cold side of the pillow

Had the perfect day. Finally dug out a bush that has been bothering me, it was in an awkward place so it was hard to get at the roots to cut them to get it out. Had a shower went with the wife to the mall, small amount of shopping, then to a nice restaurant for lunch. Two pints of Canadian, and a lovely curry.

Got home, still 25C. just perfect weather. Made a couple of Harvey Wallbangers. Don't usually have them but have had a bottle of Liquore Galliano that we bought in Tiajuana in 1972, and felt it mebbe should be used. That was three hours ago, so it must have been alright, considering date and location purchased anything could have happened.

The day was marred somewhat on hearing on the news that a young 21 year old Vancouver Canucks defenceman was killed on his motor cycle earlier today in a head on collision with a truck. Very sad, but life does go on.

yvonnejambo
Going up to Kinlochbervie for a fishing trip and driving through some backwater towns (Ullapool);) and finding someone has named their house after another famous landmark...

DSC00410.jpg

Yip that sign makes me smile every day I drive home. Just wish I could claim it to be mine but its been here much longer than I have. If you have a look up at the house it is white with a maroon bit. Plenty Jambos that live here :) If your ever passing through PM me to meet up for a beer :)

Sorry to lower the tone but... breests... they are probably the best thing(s) in the world.

I love breests.... infact I might love breests more than my g/f. :confused:

Hearing my kids belly-laugh while they watch old videos of themselves, it was far simpler back then. She's 14 going on 34. He's 11 and just wants to be a skateboarding rock-star...without the toothbrush & paste.

John Findlay

First cup of coffee of the day. Always tastes the best.

Getting in the wife's knickers everyday but, the elastic is really beginning to hurt now.

John

I P Knightley
Finding cash when you don't expect it.

Like down the back of the couch or in a disguarded pair of jeans or a jacket that hasn't been worn for months.

Always feels good even when it's only a couple of pound coins

EXACTLY what I was going to say.

The jacket you've not worn for a while has a fiver or a tenner in the pocket.

As you say, even a couple of pounds is beer money.

The opposite holds when you put on the jacket, discover what feels like money in your pocket, only to discover that it's 100 Jamaican dollars. (And you're not in Jamaica).

doctor jambo

May 2008

Best month ever so far

Found out in April I was losing my job- stress with new baby on the way as only bread winner and no income from august

May- wife gave birth to a baby girl she so dearly wanted to go with our two sons

The health board noticed they "forgot" to give me a pay rise last year to 13 months backdated payrise has settled our credit card and paid for a holiday with cash to spare

Got a new job that pays the same for 2 1/2 days a week what the old one did for 5 days

Stuart Lyon

Good for you Doctor Jambo - now buy an additional lotto ticket and who knows the lucky streak might just continue.

Getting in to my pj's at the end of the night.

You should get together with Eddie F , he likes to wear pink ones (you can buy them in Greggs)

To drive up behind the guy stopped at Jocks Lodge traffic lights, who passed me on Willowbrae Road doing 60 mph 90 seconds earlier...you Sir are a FUD and a half!

Suspect Device
Yip that sign makes me smile every day I drive home. Just wish I could claim it to be mine but its been here much longer than I have. If you have a look up at the house it is white with a maroon bit. Plenty Jambos that live here :) If your ever passing through PM me to meet up for a beer :)

you might regret saying that :omg::whistling:

Dode , fishing ???? :bigyawn:

The amazing chocolate flavoured moisturiser(NOT DODGY KIND(thought would edit this as i know what you lot are like)) i just got from my dad's girlfriend....I am like a walking chocolate bar now!

oh by the way bruno's boots, i did not need to know that you read on the toilet....!

dodethejambo

I made my mate turn the car around so I could go and get that photo.

you might regret saying that :omg::whistling:

Dode , fishing ???? :bigyawn:

And what are you trying to imply??? Im sure it would be a innocent drink between two football fans and she is not planning to get me drunk and then take advantage of me:p

A fishing trip is a ideal time to get away from the wife and kids nagging + moaning and spend the time away getting pi$$ed :cool:

This must be a fantasy!

yvonnejambo
I made my mate turn the car around so I could go and get that photo.

And what are you trying to imply??? Im sure it would be a innocent drink between two football fans and she is not planning to get me drunk and then take advantage of me:p

A fishing trip is a ideal time to get away from the wife and kids nagging + moaning and spend the time away getting pi$$ed :cool:

Absolutely drink only :teu35::cool:

dodethejambo
Absolutely drink only :teu35::cool:

Aw well, I can only hope you change your mind ;)

A71 Saughton-Monday mornings

Passing the trafiic cop car parked in the bus stop and seeing that the *** in the back of it ,is the same bloke whose car shot past you on the bus lane some 20 mins ago .:)

Archived